Suaad Hagi Mohamud

noahbody

Guest American Woman
I'm quite confident the majority of native born Canadians could not pass the citizenship test...

That's the point some of us have been trying to make. She had to answer much more difficult questions than her son's DOB, where her son was born, and what she does at work. And she evidently managed to do it.

is 10 yrs a long time? have you ever lived in a foreign country, unknown language, completely alien value system, different bureaucracy...try it before you assume how easy it is...

She's managed to hold down a job, so it's natural to assume she would know what she does while she's there.

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this sooo difficult a concept to understand? what is important to you is not important to everyone else...who won the Stanley Cup last year? I have no idea because I DON'T CARE! just because you may is meaningless to me...

I know the answers to these questions do you???? if you don't may be you're a fraud that needs to be thrown in prison...

1) how many people were in the delivery room of your 2nd childs birth?

2) what colour is the house five doors down from your home on the opposite side of the street.

3) what's the make and model of your neighbours motorcycle and how many CC displacement.

4) what was your DL number when you moved from another province 9 years ago?

According to you, your genius only has room for important matters, which don't include things like your kid's birthday or what you do at work. But you think the color of a house 5 doors down across the street, and what CC displacement your neighbour's bike has are important? :huh:

You know what? I tried out google street view yesterday. First I did my own street, then, I decided to try the street in Montreal where I lived 35 years ago. I was not only able to see my old house, but I was able to go along the street to the end, turn left, take the next right, and find the pool where I used to go as a kid. Not one wrong turn. Then I backtracked, and went up the street about six blocks and found my old church and school. I only lived at that house for 2 years.

And I don't have a particularly good memory.

That's the point some of us have been trying to make. She had to answer much more difficult questions than her son's DOB, where her son was born, and what she does at work. And she evidently managed to do it.

Or SOMEONE did.

You know what? I tried out google street view yesterday. First I did my own street, then, I decided to try the street in Montreal where I lived 35 years ago. I was not only able to see my old house, but I was able to go along the street to the end, turn left, take the next right, and find the pool where I used to go as a kid. Not one wrong turn. Then I backtracked, and went up the street about six blocks and found my old church and school. I only lived at that house for 2 years.

I think we were neighbours...

bank-don't know, but I know how to get there

gas-no idea, I just pay by cc amount doesn't matter it has to be paid

It is not just in the answer but how you answer. For example, my bank? I'm not sure of the addres, but I know which shopping centres my 2 banks are at. I could say why I have two banks, and were the nearest branch is of them both, and what I've got in them and what comes out of them (Scotia gets the autoatic payoutsfor car, insurance, mortage - TD gets groceries, heat, hydro, water etc)

What does gas cost? Not sure. I just pay it. I buy it a a station on the corner of X and Y, which has a On the Run attached, and my bill is usually about $20 or so wich I always pay by TD debit card.

These are not hard questions to answer even without the exact answer a computer would give. It would not be at all difficult to convince someone that you know what you're talking about - if you actually were who you said you were.

I'm quite confident the majority of native born Canadians could not pass the citizenship test...

We're not talking about a test of historical knowledge. We're not talking about "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" or whatever. We're talking about basic, ordinary, everyday knowledge about the life you claim to be living in Canada.

is 10 yrs a long time? have you ever lived in a foreign country, unknown language, completely alien value system, different bureaucracy...try it before you assume how easy it is...

Well then, if you accept that foreigners are still foreigners even 10 years after arriving then surely you should also be in favour of a much longer period of residency required before they are given citizenship, right?

I for one think Stephen Harper has handled the knee-jerk race baiters calmly and with proportion.

Instead of getting all high-strung about the issue and allowing the race-baiters to make race the issue, he's kept calm and basically contesting the claim in court, where it belongs.

You are attempting to cross into Canada from a foreign country. Your facts and docs don't add up. In doing their job, our officials said "no."

Now you want to sue us? We are not going to flinch. See you in court.

I like it. Simple, calm, reasonable and to the point.

Harper is doing the right thing, and without major fanfare. As per usual. I love this guy.

But not to know her owns kids names and birthdays?

I've never heard of a mother who didn't know the answers to those questions.

If this women is mentally ill, I'll cut her some slack otherwise her mental prowess is left wanting. Are we really choosing the smartest people into Canada?

no where have I seen she did not know her sons name...and I forget some of my kids middle names (they each have 4) and I don't know my son's ethnic names(grandparents named him) he has 4 as well...

I looked up her son, he was born in africa...very unlikely they know his actual birthday and may even be guessing as to his exact year of birth...this is not at all unusual in africa countries, time, day, month, year are meaningless for everyday living, they don't follow the clock like we do...

I looked up her son, he was born in africa...very unlikely they know his actual birthday and may even be guessing as to his exact year of birth...this is not at all unusual in africa countries, time, day, month, year are meaningless for everyday living, they don't follow the clock like we do...

You are pathetic.

She worked but could not describe what she did.

She supposedly was attending Humber college but could not name any of her teachers.

We're not talking about a test of historical knowledge. We're not talking about "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" or whatever. We're talking about basic, ordinary, everyday knowledge about the life you claim to be living in Canada.
no we're not we're talking about the structure of Canadian government, which you are apparently not aware of so would likely fail the immigration test...how can any Canadian not know what is required knowledge for citizenship? knowing the name of your local bus line hardly qualifies you as Canadian...
Well then, if you accept that foreigners are still foreigners even 10 years after arriving then surely you should also be in favour of a much longer period of residency required before they are given citizenship, right?
how about we require all Canadians pass the citizenship test before we give them a passport or allow them to vote???prove themselves worthy of citizenship...

Immigrants make a conscious decision to come to Canada, you on the other hand were only born here and never had to make that decision and endured no hardship to do so...

You are pathetic.

She worked but could not describe what she did.

She supposedly was attending Humber college but could not name any of her teachers.

the entire issue is well over head(did you hear that whoosh noise? probably not it was so high up)

I could go out today and likely find a dozen people who couldn't explain their nondescript job...

four yrs of Uni I can recall one prof...

you on the other hand don't know what is involved in the Canadian citizenship test, "are you smarter than a fifth grader" :lol: turn in your citizenship you don't deserve it...

the entire issue is well over head(did you hear that whoosh noise? probably not it was so high up)

Yes, I am in awe of a man who can't remember his kid's name or what street he drives on every day.

I could go out today and likely find a dozen people who couldn't explain their nondescript job...

Funny, I don't think I could find even one. Then again, maybe I just hang around a smarter group of people than you.

four yrs of Uni I can recall one prof...

Even liberal arts types can at least name their professor - WHILE THEY ARE ATTENDING - even if they can't years later.

I'm not sure what is more pathetic, your determined effort at showing yourself to be the most ignorant man ever to post on this site or your determined efforts at pretending that lots of people are entirely ignorant about their daily routines - especially if they are brown people who come from Africa.

Even liberal arts types can at least name their professor - WHILE THEY ARE ATTENDING - even if they can't years later.

25 odd years later, I can name all my profs and the elevator operater as well.

Greta Nemiroff

Jerry Wadsworth

Julia Rosen

Sara Levinson

Julie Horner..to name but a few

no we're not we're talking about the structure of Canadian government, which you are apparently not aware of so would likely fail the immigration test...how can any Canadian not know what is required knowledge for citizenship? knowing the name of your local bus line hardly qualifies you as Canadian...

The questions used were not used to determine her book knowledge. They were questions which you could not look up anywhere, questions about the daily life of anyone who lived here. Clearly the woman being questioned had not lived here.

how about we require all Canadians pass the citizenship test before we give them a passport or allow them to vote???prove themselves worthy of citizenship...

You think someone proves themselves worthy because they read study guides and memorize answers prior to a test which will grant them entry into one of the welathiest countires on earth, permanently? To you this woman has "proved herself" and yet, after ten years here, she has evidently made no efforts whatsoever - none - ZERO - to acclimate herself within Canada. She barely speaks the language, knows nothing about the governments or structures of the place she lives, doesn't know anything about the geography of the city she lives in, knows nothing about her kids schools, and apparently takes no part whatoever in the Canada which lies outside her Somali ghetto exstance.

After 10 years in Canada (supposedly) she is still 100% Somalian and 0% Canadian. And you think that her having passed a test of basic knowledge shows she has "proved herself"?

Maybe it's you who hasn't yet proved himself to be a Canadian.

Immigrants make a conscious decision to come to Canada,

Yes, they give up lives in a third world shithole country filled with ignorance and poverty, and often violence, to move to a land of glittering wealth, technology and opportunity which is Canada.

You make it sound like we should be in awe of the sacrifce they make to come here and gift us with their presence. The truth is, most of these people should be on their knees thanking us for letting them in. But of ourse, as we've seen of late, there is no gratitude from any of them. At the first opportunity they'll try to sue the government and scurry off with money. This ignorant/lying woman with no skills or education was allowed into Canada as a refugee, and scant thanks do we get for it. Instead, like the other "refugees", she takes every opportunity to go "home" to that "dangerous" place she "fled" from.

Edited by Argus

Guest American Woman

A whole dozen? Out of how many people who went to work today? :blink:

But I have to ask. How do you know her job is "nondescript?" Do YOU know what she does? She claims she "works hard to make a living for herself and her son," so I don't think it's expecting too much to expect her to be able to say what she's doing while she's "working hard."

A bit off topic:

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on some questions I have.

Since she was in Kenya to visit her mother and husband, why did she spend "parts of the next 2½ months living in Nairobi slum hotels?"

And why was it such a horrible ordeal to spend an extra three months with her mother and husband?

And why, in the lawsuit, do her husband and mother each claim $100,000 as part of the $2.6 million in damages??

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2082982

Here is how the lawyers are defining reasonablness in the Dziekanski inquiry:

"Officers are allowed to have latitude when making decisions in [pressing] circumstances," said Reg Harris, the lawyer for Cpl. Benjamin [Monty] Robinson, who was the officer in charge when the Polish immigrant died in October 2007.

"Police officers, like members of the public, are allowed to get it wrong, but they must act honestly and reasonably," Mr. Harris told inquiry commissioner Thomas Braidwood.

And why, in the lawsuit, do her husband and mother each claim $100,000 as part of the $2.6 million in damages??
Because this lawsuit is nothing but an extortion attempt by the woman and her lawyers. If this was really about justice she would have asked for a sum that reflected the degree of harm (i.e. 10-20K tops). This is just a lottery ticket that she wants to cash in and it is really pathetic that the Liberals are supporting her on this.

In the documents filed by the federal government, migrant integrity officer Paul Jamieson says a photo of Mohamud captured by an airport camera when she arrived in Nairobi showed her to be "significantly different" from the woman who later claimed to be her and was detained.

He suspected the woman he interviewed three times over a five-day period was Mohamud's younger sister, Jihan Haji Mohamud, who is listed on Mohamud's immigration application.

However, Mohamud says no such sister exists – a claim that was supported by her husband when reached by telephone in Nairobi on Wednesday.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/70...man-experts-say

To paraphrase her defense: "I'm not committing fraud now, I just lied on my immigration application." LMAO. The government should offer a reward of $10,000 for anyone who can prove her sister exists.

Incredible. I read in a media report that Mohamud's lawyers said if the court finds the government complicit or responsible in any way for her detention in Kenya, there will be grounds for an increase of the amount of compensation. Guess mama and hubby will be in for an even bigger piece of Canadian pie.

That clever paper The Star.....the headline reads "Photos are same woman, experts say"......do you think that's what this expert said?

"In this case, it appears that there's a very strong resemblance suggesting they are the same people," said Tanaka, adding photos taken by airport security cameras tend to be "low quality, so it's difficult to make positive IDs from them."

Hardly a ringing endorsement...."appears", "resemblance", "suggesting", "low quality", "difficult".

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/70...man-experts-say

Edited by Keepitsimple

Guest American Woman
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/70...man-experts-say

To paraphrase her defense: "I'm not committing fraud now, I just lied on my immigration application." LMAO. The government should offer a reward of $10,000 for anyone who can prove her sister exists.

Yet if the sister doesn't exist, wouldn't that prove fraud on her immigration papers? Either way, if she does or doesn't exist, there was some lying going on.

Incredible. I read in a media report that Mohamud's lawyers said if the court finds the government complicit or responsible in any way for her detention in Kenya, there will be grounds for an increase of the amount of compensation. Guess mama and hubby will be in for an even bigger piece of Canadian pie.

It is incredible. I have to wonder why she, singly, is due so much by the Canadian government; ie: you, the taxpayers. She says it's not about the money, so I have to wonder why her husband and mother are part of the 'monetary' compensation she is seeking. I would love to know how they were wronged by the Canadian government. Furthermore, as I pointed out before, she was stranded for three months in the same place her mother and husband live. I can't see why they are trying to portray that as such a horrible ordeal.

What about Canada's First Nation people who were forced from their homes into assimilation schools? They were separated from their families too, and to my knowledge, all they personally got was an apology. They sure didn't individually sue the government for $2.5 million dollars., and question whether they would have been able to had they wanted to.

I agree that compensation for her inconveniences wouldn't be too much to expect, but two and a half million dollars? .... As she says it's not about the money. Yeah, right. I'm sure she plans on putting any money she hopes to win in a fund to help others who were 'wronged by her government.' <_<

Added to add:

Keepitsimple: Thanks for the clarification regarding the "Photos are same woman, experts say" headline. What shoddy journalism. Of course that's all a lot of people see as they pass the news stands. They don't actually read the article, just the headline, and thereby believe experts have indeed conclusively said that they "are the same woman."

Edited by American Woman