Suaad Hagi Mohamud

noahbody

Guest American Woman
There's this thing called - mail - whereeby you can send little objects like passports back and forth.

There's also this thing called customs stamps in one's passport that show when you left one country and entered another. There's also another thing called computers, where this information is stored. So if she's in Kenya and there's no open ended date that she left Canada, how she got there would raise a red flag if immigration is doing it's job, which hopefully they are.

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the same test

Either you're a moron or you're an old man with no memory.

She supposedly got married and had her kids within the previous eight years or so. She took the drivers licence within the last five or six years, also. It's a very complicated process nowadays and I can tell you every step of the way because I had to go through it myself about 4 years ago. You don't remember your teachers names from college? Did you know them when you were supposedly GOING to college? Or did you just think of every teacher as "that teacher person"? She's supposed to be attending college NOW. Yet she can't name any of her teachers? Bull.

This wasn't a case of her not knowing some things. It was a case of her not knowing any of those answers. Either she's a retarded moron or she's a liar who has spent almost no time in Canada. In neither case should we want her ilk in Canada.

Edited by Argus

There's also this thing called customs stamps in one's passport that show when you left one country and entered another.

Canada does not stamp passports on exit, and a lot of ethnic types have dual citizenship and dual passports, and use their "home" passport to enter their homelands.

There's also another thing called computers, where this information is stored.

Canada does not have any of those. We do not record anything about Canadians entering or exiting Canada. We cannot say who is here and who is gone, when they left or when they arrived. As far as I'm aware, none of that is recorded.

Either you're a moron or you're an old man with no memory.

She supposedly got married and had her kids within the previous eight years or so. She took the drivers licence within the last five or six years, also. It's a very complicated process nowadays and I can tell you every step of the way because I had to go through it myself about 4 years ago.

This wasn't a case of her not knowing some things. It was a case of her not knowing any of those answers. Either she's a retarded moron or she's a liar who has spent almost no time in Canada. In neither case should we want her ilk in Canada.

my memory is fantastic for what matters to me...so that would mean your memory for what I consider the mundane, shallow and unimportant is reflected in your personality...

Guest American Woman
my memory is fantastic for what matters to me...so that would mean your memory for what I consider the mundane, shallow and unimportant is reflected in your personality...

Re: couldn’t say what she did at work: I would think knowing what one does at work would fall into the "what matters to me" category.

Guest American Woman
Canada does not stamp passports on exit, and a lot of ethnic types have dual citizenship and dual passports, and use their "home" passport to enter their homelands.

Canada does not have any of those. We do not record anything about Canadians entering or exiting Canada. We cannot say who is here and who is gone, when they left or when they arrived. As far as I'm aware, none of that is recorded.

You may be right about that, but whenever I fly into Canada and customs asks when I was there last, it looks to me as if they are looking at the computer to verify my answer. I may have made a wrong assumption, but it seems strange-- because if they don't keep track of those things, it would be super-easy for family members to share a passport through the mail.

Re: couldn’t say what she did at work: I would think knowing what one does at work would fall into the "what matters to me" category.

my wife works with a couple of people like that, no one knows what they do becuse they don't do anything...

and where is that question in the list posted? do you have another list??

1) She didn't know the name of the lake (Lake Ontario)

2) She didn't know who the current or former Prime Minister was

3) She didn't know the name of the mayor of Toronto

4) She didn't know what TTC stood for, although she took it every day

5) She didn't know where her son was born

6) She got his birth date wrong

7) She got the month AND the year of her marriage wrong

8) She was 6 or 7 cm shorter than her driver's license indicated

9) She could not describe any of the process for how she obtained a driver's license

10) Her signature on the driver's licence and immigration forms differed significantly from what she provided

11) She could not name any of her son's school teachers

12) She said she was attending Humber college but could not correctly name any professors.

You may be right about that, but whenever I fly into Canada and customs asks when I was there last, it looks to me as if they are looking at the computer to verify my answer. I may have made a wrong assumption, but it seems strange-- because if they don't keep track of those things, it would be super-easy for family members to share a passport through the mail.

last time I went to europe my passport wasn't stamped because I was travelling on a EU passport so I was technically coming home, but some countries do and others do not stampand sometimes you have to request a stamp for as a keepsake of your travels...when I came back to Canada it wasn't stamped either but then I was really coming home, so...

Customs officials would have information of when you left and when you return if they wished to look it up, I never bothered to watch to see if they do actually do that...maybe they do if they have someone suspicious...

Guest American Woman
my wife works with a couple of people like that, no one knows what they do becuse they don't do anything...

When did this become about a "couple of people" your wife works with, and how, pray tell, do you know they couldn't say what they did at work? But getting back to you and what you said: my memory is fantastic for what matters to me. Would you, or wouldn't you, put what you do at work in that catagory?

Ms. Mohamud allegedly couldn’t name her son’s birthday or place of birth; couldn’t explain how she got her drivers licence; was shorter than indicated on her documents; couldn’t name any teachers at her son’s school or any stops on the transit line she said she took to work; couldn’t say what she did at work; couldn’t name Lake Ontario despite living in Toronto for 10 years; had a different signature than appeared on her passport and licence; couldn’t name the current or any previous prime ministers; and gave two different dates for her marriage that were 10 years apart. link

Everyone reacts differently to situations and she was in jail for three months, we don't know how well she was treated, how well she ate, slept, it all matters . I 've heard people on the Hannity radio show, when asked, didnt know who the President was, the VP was, who was Secretary of Defences etc. so she is no different from a lot of other people.Stress does strange things to people.

When did this become about a "couple of people" your wife works with, and how, pray tell, do you know they couldn't say what they did at work? But getting back to you and what you said: my memory is fantastic for what matters to me. Would you, or wouldn't you, put what you do at work in that catagory? I wouldn't put myself in that catagory but I can understand there could be situations where there no job titles for someone's actual work and their work is very general in nature, typically something you would find in minimum wage jobs...

Ms. Mohamud allegedly couldn’t name her son’s birthday or place of birth; couldn’t explain how she got her drivers licence; was shorter than indicated on her documents; couldn’t name any teachers at her son’s school or any stops on the transit line she said she took to work; couldn’t say what she did at work; couldn’t name Lake Ontario despite living in Toronto for 10 years; had a different signature than appeared on her passport and licence; couldn’t name the current or any previous prime ministers; and gave two different dates for her marriage that were 10 years apart. link

and that to me isn't a big deal however hard it is for the majority of forumers to imagine, I'm horrible at personal dates and times they just hold very little importance for me...I can't name the main street next to mine and I lived here for 9 years, but I can still find my way around a very big city without knowing any street names...just don't ask me to go anywhere by bus, I'd be lost...and my signature changes all the time too...I don't know how long I've been married unless I do a mental calculation...my actual height is not the same as on my passport or DL, I should fix that I guess...teachers, don't know any names, once again I absolutely don't care...

I heard 8 days.

I think you are right but the entire process took 3 months, a long time for a mom wanting to go home...it doesn't sound long if you're not involved but I imagine it feels like a nightmare and eternity if you're the one waiting to go home...

Guest American Woman
and that to me isn't a big deal however hard it is for the majority of forumers to imagine, I'm horrible at personal dates and times they just hold very little importance for me...I can't name the main street next to mine and I lived here for 9 years, but I can still find my way around a very big city without knowing any street names...just don't ask me to go anywhere by bus, I'd be lost...and my signature changes all the time too...I don't know how long I've been married unless I do a mental calculation...my actual height is not the same as on my passport or DL, I should fix that I guess...teachers, don't know any names, once again I absolutely don't care...

I don't see "couldn't say what you do at work" above.

Is your height 6-7cm different from what it says?

I'm sure she was allowed time to "do a mental calculation" when she was asked about her marriage.

She had one son, one. She didn't know when or where he was born. I can give you every detail about when and where my two children were born. I don't know of any mother who went through a pregnancy, labor, birth, and parenting who couldn't.

You are willing to make excuses for her for some reason, but I find her inability to answer basic personal questions, along with the discrepancies, worthy of questioning/detainment. Think if someone who couldn't answer all those questions and clearly wasn't the same height as listed, etc., was let through,and they weren't who the passport claimed they were, and they committed a horrible crime in Canada. People would be all over customs/Canada for letting them through; for not detaining them. I don't think you can deny that.

Guest American Woman
I 've heard people on the Hannity radio show, when asked, didnt know who the President was, the VP was, who was Secretary of Defences etc. so she is no different from a lot of other people.

I'll bet you those people, if asked, would know when and where their children were born. I bet they could say what they do at work, too. And I bet there wouldn't be a noticeable discrepancy in their actual height vs what it says on their driver's license/passport.

There's a big difference between not being up on what's going on around the world and not knowing what's going on in your own personal life.

1) She didn't know the name of the lake (Lake Ontario)

2) She didn't know who the current or former Prime Minister was

3) She didn't know the name of the mayor of Toronto

4) She didn't know what TTC stood for, although she took it every day

5) She didn't know where her son was born

6) She got his birth date wrong

7) She got the month AND the year of her marriage wrong

8) She was 6 or 7 cm shorter than her driver's license indicated

9) She could not describe any of the process for how she obtained a driver's license

10) Her signature on the driver's licence and immigration forms differed significantly from what she provided

11) She could not name any of her son's school teachers

12) She said she was attending Humber college but could not correctly name any professors.

That's not the complete list - only the key points - I didn't want to get too picky.

Everyone reacts differently to situations and she was in jail for three months, we don't know how well she was treated, how well she ate, slept, it all matters

Okay, but it was BECAUSE she couldn't answer any of these questions that they considered her a fraud and had her arrested.

And I don't care if I'm in jail for 3 months I'd still be able to say what I did at work.

I agree. The onus for advising the proper Canadian authorities of their presence in a foreign country rests with Canadians travelers. The DFAIT advises Canadians to do so. I must admit whenever I traveled abroad, I never did so. Mind you I am very particular about which countries I visit.

We offer a registration service for all Canadians travelling or living abroad. This service is provided so that we can contact and assist you in an emergency in a foreign country, such as a natural disaster or civil unrest, or inform you of a family emergency at home.

--

If you are unable or do not wish to register online, print the Registration form (115 KB PDF) (and Supplementary Family Member form (86 KB PDF), if required) , complete it, and return it to the Canadian government office responsible for the country in which you are or will be visiting/residing.

https://www.voyage2.gc.ca/Registration_insc...nDsAOImpW8w6161

That's not the complete list - only the key points - I didn't want to get too picky.

so then I have to ask what were exact answers, how good is her English comprehension, how well does she speak english? things get lost in translation I've seen it happen many times...

the point being everyone is jumping to conclusions without knowing the full story, that's for a judge to decide...

I'll bet you those people, if asked, would know when and where their children were born. I bet they could say what they do at work, too. And I bet there wouldn't be a noticeable discrepancy in their actual height vs what it says on their driver's license/passport.

There's a big difference between not being up on what's going on around the world and not knowing what's going on in your own personal life.

really? that's a cultural bias...I have some african friends who tell me it's very common in africa not to have a birth certificate, not to know your day, month and year of your birth...when they immigrate to canada they have day and year picked at random for school requirements or official documents...so if you come from a country where it is not important does it mean that automatically does here?...

then there is my father-in-law from china who tells me in China you would be either two or one year older than you are here depending on the month of your birth, in his case two years...I tried to understand that but haven't as yet...so imagine trying to explain that to a Canadian immigration official, "I know my passport says I'm thirty and that's correct but I'm really 32 which is also correct"

I don't know her situation if this is the case but don't be so quick to judge and assume guilt before you know the facts...

I know what's going on in my personal life, remembering unimportant dates is not one of them...if you want to attach significance to numbers on a calendar feel free to do so...

Edited by wyly