The Democrats Are In HUGE Trouble

Look at the NJ map it is going to be a late night there. Virgina wow not good. I worked on the Maine No on Number 1 campaign and I am happy with the results so far. Waiting for NY I heard reports all day that is was a fight in the trenches.

The Big news seems to be that people going into the voting booth said that Obama played not into their vote at all and most said they approve of his Job, in Virgina where the Dems tanked 52% of people coming out in exit polls said they favor Obama and just voted on local issues.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...The Big news seems to be that people going into the voting booth said that Obama played not into their vote at all and most said they approve of his Job, in Virgina where the Dems tanked 52% of people coming out in exit polls said they favor Obama and just voted on local issues.

That's to be expected....must spin this as unrelated to Obama and national politics. Of course, if it were Bush and the Republicans tanked in VA like this it would be all about Bush. :P

That's to be expected....must spin this as unrelated to Obama and national politics. Of course, if it were Bush and the Republicans tanked in VA like this it would be all about Bush. :P

Would I ever. Good thing I am spinning the other direction eh? No seriously though not a good night to be a Dem although in NJ I think all the options suck and Virgina was down hill for the last month. Here is hopping we can squeak out the Gay marriage vote the one which really counts.

NJ is done Shady your guy won. Although looking to NY the Mayoral race is crazy right now, and the NY-23 might stop the Republican sweep tonight.

I thought the republican dropped out of the NY 23. Had Hoffman been able to run under a Republican banner you can bet your buns it would have gone republican for sure, but because hoffman was forced to run as a third party I doubt he will win, Americans seem to hate thrid party canidates, too bad the GOP wasted their time with the democrat canidate they put forward as their own.

I thought the republican dropped out of the NY 23. Had Hoffman been able to run under a Republican banner you can bet your buns it would have gone republican for sure, but because hoffman was forced to run as a third party I doubt he will win, Americans seem to hate thrid party canidates, too bad the GOP wasted their time with the democrat canidate they put forward as their own.

Spin it all you want if the NY23 goes dem it will be the first time in over 100 years. That might say something about the shape of the Republican party in America.

That a seat that hasn't been Democrat in 100 years is crazy close with the support of the president? Although it is going to be really close in the end.

with out a Republican on the ballot, it is hardly telling as I said before, Americans don't vote for third party candidates. What is amazing is that Hoffman has been able to generate the current level of support.

What you seem to miss is that with the "support" of the president the dems could not retain any seat in Virgina, or New Jersey. That is more telling these were huge swings in support from the presidential election.

with out a Republican on the ballot, it is hardly telling as I said before, Americans don't vote for third party candidates. What is amazing is that Hoffman has been able to generate the current level of support.

What you seem to miss is that with the "support" of the president the dems could not retain any seat in Virgina, or New Jersey. That is more telling these were huge swings in support from the presidential election.

Accept both NJ and Virgina have a history of voting for governs of the party opposite of that in the whitehouse. So it tells us history repeats itself.

Accept both NJ and Virgina have a history of voting for governs of the party opposite of that in the whitehouse. So it tells us history repeats itself.

It has a tendency to when you don't learnthe first time!

I think this ads to the problem of getting Obamacare passed. Career politicians are fickle that way.

20 point swings are beyond the recent history of those states, you seem to also be forgetting the mayoral race, the lt gov. race, and the Attorney General races, I would not say that one won race out of eight is a good showing.

20 point swings are beyond the recent history of those states, you seem to also be forgetting the mayoral race, the lt gov. race, and the Attorney General races, I would not say that one won race out of eight is a good showing.

Would you say in a mayoral race where one guy was out spent 10000-1 and he came with in 4% is a good showing? BTW several of those races outside of Virgina were split, and the Dems won the special race in California tonight as well. It isn't a win but it isn't a loss. A hold I will take until the Dems do something worth voting for like Health care reform.

Edited by punked

Would you say in a mayoral race where one guy was out spent 10000-1 and he came with in 4% is a good showing? BTW several of those races outside of Virgina were split. It isn't a win but it isn't a loss. A hold I will take until the Dems do something worth voting for like Health care reform.

1. you can't buy a race

2. 4% isn't a good showing when a year before the state went Democrat by more then 15%

3. After tonights result the healthcare bill won't pass,blue dog democrats who fear for their seats next year will not vote to pass it.

Before reading the rest of my post, please make sure THIS is playing in the background.

Republicans Edge Ahead of Democrats in 2010 Vote, Registered voters prefer Republicans for the House, 48% to 44%:

Republicans have moved ahead of Democrats by 48% to 44% among registered voters in the latest update on Gallup’s generic congressional ballot for the 2010 House elections, after trailing by six points in July and two points last month.

Gallup

And...

A Year Out, Widespread Anti-Incumbent Sentiment:

Only about a third (34%) of registered voters say they think most members of Congress should be re-elected next year, which is on par with ratings during the 1994 and 2006 elections. Meanwhile, just 52% of voters say they want to see their own member re-elected, approaching levels in early October 2006 (50%) and 1994 (49%).

Pew Research

Next November is gonna be fuuuuuuuunnnnnnn! :)

Before reading the rest of my post, please make sure THIS is playing in the background.

Republicans Edge Ahead of Democrats in 2010 Vote, Registered voters prefer Republicans for the House, 48% to 44%:

Republicans have moved ahead of Democrats by 48% to 44% among registered voters in the latest update on Gallup’s generic congressional ballot for the 2010 House elections, after trailing by six points in July and two points last month.

Gallup

And...

A Year Out, Widespread Anti-Incumbent Sentiment:

Only about a third (34%) of registered voters say they think most members of Congress should be re-elected next year, which is on par with ratings during the 1994 and 2006 elections. Meanwhile, just 52% of voters say they want to see their own member re-elected, approaching levels in early October 2006 (50%) and 1994 (49%).

Pew Research

Next November is gonna be fuuuuuuuunnnnnnn! :)

If you think you are taking back the house you are crazy. Lets review the last 5 special election from the time the Dems won the white house. 5 and 0 that means 5 Dem wins 3 in Republican seats and 0 loses. I am scared Shady.

If you think you are taking back the house you are crazy. Lets review the last 5 special election from the time the Dems won the white house. 5 and 0 that means 5 Dem wins 3 in Republican seats and 0 loses. I am scared Shady.

If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. I think you mentioned that Corzine was up by almost double digits in the so-called last poll out before the election. How'd that turn out, I haven't been able to read up on the outcome? Oh, and how'd Deeds do in Virginia? Obama turned that state blue back last november, and many proclaimed it to be a generational shift in the electoral map. Ahhh, it's a good time to be a conservative.

If you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it. I think you mentioned that Corzine was up by almost double digits in the so-called last poll out before the election. How'd that turn out, I haven't been able to read up on the outcome? Oh, and how'd Deeds do in Virginia? Obama turned that state blue back last november, and many proclaimed it to be a generational shift in the electoral map. Ahhh, it's a good time to be a conservative.

I think you Told me your guy was up by 8 points going in the NY 23 how'd that one turn out? How about Teddy Disco you told me he was up by 5. Like it or not Shady the last 5 real federal and not state races have all been won by Democrats. Ahhhhh what a great time to be Liberal.

Edited by punked

I think you Told me your guy was up by 8 points going in the NY 23 how'd that one turn out?

Nope, I posted a 5 point lead. And that was before the Democrat posing as a Republican endorsed the Democrat, who by the way, broke 4 campaign promises his first week in Washington. That being said, Republicans will easily win that seat back next November.

How about Teddy Disco

That was last election cycle. The political environment has changed. Take a look at Virginia and New Jersey.

Like it or not Shady the last 5 real federal and not state races have all been won by Democrats. Ahhhhh what a great time to be Liberal.

You're mixing election cycles again, which doesn't suprise me. And winning a congressional seat in California, in a district next to Pelosi's in San Franciso isn't winning anything special.

And if it's such a great time to be Liberal, why don't any of the Democrat candidates refer to themselves as such? LOL. They all pretend to be conservative (bluedog) Democrats.

In 2010, when the Dems lose 50+ seats in the house and 5+ seats in the senate, will you be chanting the same mantra? This is gonna be fun. :)

That was last election cycle. The political environment has changed. Take a look at Virginia and New Jersey.

I looked at the only 2 Federal and not State seat up for grabs, the Dems Won them both 5 for 5 don't forget that. Not worried.

You're mixing election cycles again, which doesn't suprise me. And winning a congressional seat in California, in a district next to Pelosi's in San Franciso isn't winning anything special.

And if it's such a great time to be Liberal, why don't any of the Democrat candidates refer to themselves as such? LOL. They all pretend to be conservative (bluedog) Democrats.

In 2010, when the Dems lose 50+ seats in the house and 5+ seats in the senate, will you be chanting the same mantra? This is gonna be fun. :)

The Progressive caucus is twice as big as the bluedogs in the house. They are the ones who refused to budget on health care with out a public option Shady. Are you really following the news now a days you seem to be dialing it in. They will still control both the house and the Senate even with those losses, Wow your party is just that far behind. Classic.

Rob Simmons has an early lead in the Republican primary race for the 2010 U.S. Senate contest and runs better than any other challenger against Sen. Christopher Dodd, topping the Democratic incumbent 49 - 38 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today

Link

:D

Dems alarmed as independents bolt

A Gallup Poll released last week offered a disturbing glimpse about the state of play: just 14 percent of independents approve of the job Congress is doing, the lowest figure all year. In just the past few days alone, surveys have shown Democratic incumbents trailing Republicans among independent voters by double-digit margins in competitive statewide contests in places as varied as Connecticut, Ohio and Iowa.

Obama’s own popularity among independents has fallen significantly, too. A CBS News poll Tuesday showed the president’s approval rating among unaligned voters falling to 45 percent — down from 63 percent in April

Politico

It's good to see the Dems imploding. :)

Dems alarmed as independents bolt

A Gallup Poll released last week offered a disturbing glimpse about the state of play: just 14 percent of independents approve of the job Congress is doing, the lowest figure all year. In just the past few days alone, surveys have shown Democratic incumbents trailing Republicans among independent voters by double-digit margins in competitive statewide contests in places as varied as Connecticut, Ohio and Iowa.

Obama’s own popularity among independents has fallen significantly, too. A CBS News poll Tuesday showed the president’s approval rating among unaligned voters falling to 45 percent — down from 63 percent in April

Politico

It's good to see the Dems imploding. :)

I don't approve of the job they are doing either. Get health care passed.