The Democrats Are In HUGE Trouble

AND it looks like Shady called Virgina too soo too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9082902434.html

Apparently the Republican in the race took some pretty crazy stances in his 89 Thesis. I don't hold it against him anyone can believe something and go really, in fact too far to the left or right when writing a Thesis. However this looks to be changing the race and the polls are flipping.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And told me the Dems are in huge trouble.

They ARE in huge trouble. And it's not just me saying it. Read the Cook political report. It's all there in black and white. Also, look at the polls. The Dems are behind in many blue state races.

They ARE in huge trouble. And it's not just me saying it. Read the Cook political report. It's all there in black and white. Also, look at the polls. The Dems are behind in many blue state races.

Meh we have learned in your first predictions that polls are closed remarkably fast and Republicans destroy themselves with out any help of the left.

That the Dems are in Huge trouble. In the first two races the gap has been closed. I hope to see this kind of trouble continue Shady, Dems poll behind until we learn the Republicans have some huge monkey on their back.

How'd that work out in 2000, or 2002, or 2004? When polls showed a similar environment. Acutally, an even more similar situation would be '93. Remember how that worked out for the Dems? :lol:

Keep spinning.

This aint 1993 we are going to see that soon.

Here you go. Now you can argue with Politico! :lol:

Experts see double-digit Dem losses

After an August recess marked by raucous town halls, troubling polling data and widespread anecdotal evidence of a volatile electorate, the small universe of political analysts who closely follow House races is predicting moderate to heavy Democratic losses in 2010.

Politico

Here you go. Now you can argue with Politico! :lol:

Experts see double-digit Dem losses

After an August recess marked by raucous town halls, troubling polling data and widespread anecdotal evidence of a volatile electorate, the small universe of political analysts who closely follow House races is predicting moderate to heavy Democratic losses in 2010.

Politico

Ohhhhh NOES NOT EXPERTS! The same ones who told me a Black man would not be President? Or that the Republicans had a permanent majority Shady? Now I am soooooo scared soooo scared.

Edited by punked

Ohhhhh NOES NOT EXPERTS! The same ones who told me a Black man would not be President? Or that the Republicans had a permanent majority Shady? Now I am soooooo scared soooo scared.

They're the same experts that predicted huge Democrat gains in congress in 2006 and 2008. And we all know how that went. Don't we?

More evidence the Dems are in huge trouble. Their savior is falling from the sky faster than a comet.

The latest Zogby Interactive poll of 4,518 likely voters conducted from August 28-31 found 48% disapprove and 42% approve of the job Obama is doing.

Zogby

A 42% approval rating! :lol:

Democratic Advantage in Party Affiliation Shrinks

PRINCETON, NJ -- In August, an average of 45% of Americans identified as Democrats or leaned to the Democratic Party, while 40% identified as Republicans or leaned to the Republican Party. This 5-point advantage represents a decided narrowing of the gap between the parties from the 17-point Democratic advantage in January.

Gallup

Wow, a 17 point decline since January! Way to go Barry! :lol: Keep up the good work.

Democratic Advantage in Party Affiliation Shrinks

PRINCETON, NJ -- In August, an average of 45% of Americans identified as Democrats or leaned to the Democratic Party, while 40% identified as Republicans or leaned to the Republican Party. This 5-point advantage represents a decided narrowing of the gap between the parties from the 17-point Democratic advantage in January.

Gallup

Wow, a 17 point decline since January! Way to go Barry! :lol: Keep up the good work.

Still not worried Shady we have seen Republicans this cycle shoot themselves in the foot time and time again. BTW did you see that in SF they approve of cities public option by 95%?

Charlie Cook: Political Landscape Should 'Terrify' Democrats

Top Washington Democrats are already worried about next year's midterms.

(In fact, the WH has been quietly reaching out beyond its inner circle to come up with a strategy) Reading Charlie Cook today won't make them feel any better.

No one knows Congressional elections better than Charlie, and he warns that 2010 could be a "wave" election. Here's the money quote from National Journal:

"With 14 months to go before the 2010 midterm election, something could happen to change the outlook for Democrats. However, wave elections, more often than not, start just like this: The president’s ratings plummet; his party loses its advantage on the generic congressional ballot test; the intensity of opposition-party voters skyrockets; his own party’s voters become complacent or even depressed; and independent voters move lopsidedly away," writes Cook. "These were the early-warning signs of past wave elections. Seeing them now should terrify Democrats."

More good news. :lol:

Still not scared Shady.

Over the last two weeks there has been a number of special elections:

* Curt Hanson held onto a swing legislative seat in southeastern Iowa, despite the fact that the Democrat was outspent by a 3-to-2 margin and the fact that an outside group (NOM) may well have spent more than either candidate trying to link the Democrat to the gay marriage issue.

* Democrat Norbert Chabert held onto a state Senate seat in inhospitable territory (Obama got less than 30% of the vote in the district), scoring a nine-point win.

* Democrat Robin Webb did one better, picking up a previously Republican state Senate seat in northern Kentucky, in a district that went nearly 3-to-2 Republican in last year's presidential election.

* Finally, although this one was not a general election, it was worth noting that the total vote in the special primary election to replace Ellen Tauscher in CA-10 broke down almost identically to both the Presidential and House partisan breakdown from 2008.

You think I am scared????

Still not scared Shady.

Over the last two weeks there has been a number of special elections:

* Curt Hanson held onto a swing legislative seat in southeastern Iowa, despite the fact that the Democrat was outspent by a 3-to-2 margin and the fact that an outside group (NOM) may well have spent more than either candidate trying to link the Democrat to the gay marriage issue.

* Democrat Norbert Chabert held onto a state Senate seat in inhospitable territory (Obama got less than 30% of the vote in the district), scoring a nine-point win.

* Democrat Robin Webb did one better, picking up a previously Republican state Senate seat in northern Kentucky, in a district that went nearly 3-to-2 Republican in last year's presidential election.

* Finally, although this one was not a general election, it was worth noting that the total vote in the special primary election to replace Ellen Tauscher in CA-10 broke down almost identically to both the Presidential and House partisan breakdown from 2008.

You think I am scared????

That's fine, keep your head in the sand.

They're the same experts that predicted huge Democrat gains in congress in 2006 and 2008. And we all know how that went. Don't we?

If I recall correctly, the Democrats took the majority of the Senate and Congress in 2008. Yes we do know how that went.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...elections,_2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110th_United_States_Congress