The Democrats Are In HUGE Trouble

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, tuesday could really be fantastic! Brown gets an endorsement from a left-of-center Massachusetts newspaper.

Cape Cod Times Endorses Scott Brown

There are many people who would like to make this race a referendum on the current health care debate, but the election is more than one issue, no matter how important that issue might be. This election is about representing the people of Massachusetts on all issues.

While we have common ground with Coakley on some points, we have our concerns about her ability to be effective in Washington based on her underwhelming campaign. With the luxury of being the front-runner since the first day of this race, Coakley has done little to demonstrate her passion for the office and commitment to the people. She squandered an opportunity to show vision but instead has run a campaign that seemed intended to run out the clock.

Link

Very interesting. They acknowlegdge the common ground they share with Martha Coakley, but still endorse Scott Brown. It seems mostly due to her pathetic campaign and lack of political passion. They just don't see her as a very strong voice for the state of Massachusetts. I couldn't agree more. She'd be like a lamb among lions in Washington.

Wow, tuesday could really be fantastic! Brown gets an endorsement from a left-of-center Massachusetts newspaper.

Cape Cod Times Endorses Scott Brown

There are many people who would like to make this race a referendum on the current health care debate, but the election is more than one issue, no matter how important that issue might be. This election is about representing the people of Massachusetts on all issues.

While we have common ground with Coakley on some points, we have our concerns about her ability to be effective in Washington based on her underwhelming campaign. With the luxury of being the front-runner since the first day of this race, Coakley has done little to demonstrate her passion for the office and commitment to the people. She squandered an opportunity to show vision but instead has run a campaign that seemed intended to run out the clock.

Link

Very interesting. They acknowlegdge the common ground they share with Martha Coakley, but still endorse Scott Brown. It seems mostly due to her pathetic campaign and lack of political passion. They just don't see her as a very strong voice for the state of Massachusetts. I couldn't agree more. She'd be like a lamb among lions in Washington.

The same newspaper the Endorsed Bush over Kerry? Yes very left leaning Shady very left leaning. It is like you know nothing about anything most the time. Infact it joins the same two other newspapers in Mass that endorsed Brown as Bush backers in 2004.

Edited by punked

....Very interesting. They acknowlegdge the common ground they share with Martha Coakley, but still endorse Scott Brown. It seems mostly due to her pathetic campaign and lack of political passion. They just don't see her as a very strong voice for the state of Massachusetts. I couldn't agree more. She'd be like a lamb among lions in Washington.

A talking head remarked yesterday that Massachusetts historically has not elected very many female candidates at this level. Kennedy's tenure probably skews the numbers, but it is odd that this would be the case to any degree in such a "progressive" state.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh, more retirements and drop-outs for the Dems!

Rep. Vic Snyder (D-Ark.) announced tonight that he will be retiring at the end of his term, citing the difficult political environment that he would have faced to win an eighth term in the House.

Link

And...

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Congressman Marion Berry says he's retiring after representing Arkansas in the House of Representatives for seven terms.

He is the second Arkansas congressman to announce this month that he is retiring.

Link

And...

DOVER, Del. — Beau Biden announced Monday that he will not seek election to the U.S. Senate seat long held by his father, Vice President Joe Biden, putting another Democratic-held Senate seat in jeopardy and dealing another blow to President Barack Obama's flailing party.

Link

And...

Interim Sen. Ted Kauffman (D-Del.) says he won't run for the Senate -- even after Beau Biden's bombshell announcement that he's ducking out.

Link

I love it! Obama's single-handedly destroying the Democratic Party! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

John Boozman will enter the Arkansas Senate race this weekend as the frontrunner. He leads incumbent Blanche Lincoln by an amazing 56-33 margin in our first poll of the race.

Lincoln's approval rating has sunk to just 27%, with 62% of voters in the state disapproving of her. She's at a middling 51% even within her own party and just 17% of independents and 9% of Republicans are happy with how she's doing.

PPP

Bye-bye Blanche! :lol:

I'm getting the sense that the Republicans might even have a shot at contol of the senate, as well as the house.

John Boozman will enter the Arkansas Senate race this weekend as the frontrunner. He leads incumbent Blanche Lincoln by an amazing 56-33 margin in our first poll of the race.

Lincoln's approval rating has sunk to just 27%, with 62% of voters in the state disapproving of her. She's at a middling 51% even within her own party and just 17% of independents and 9% of Republicans are happy with how she's doing.

PPP

Bye-bye Blanche! :lol:

I'm getting the sense that the Republicans might even have a shot at contol of the senate, as well as the house.

Yet they are still a left of center nation. HAHAHAHAHA 4 Red states to 24 blue ones.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/32310.html

I know eh? Good thing in the US being accused of something means nothing right?

Yep. Unfortunately, this guy's wife was granted a restraining order against him during their divorce. Apparently has a bit of a pattern of violence against women. And it was a real restraining order, not an accused one!

So much for any fund-raising problems...

WASHINGTON — Republican candidates are showing surprising financial strength in Congressional districts held by Democrats in the Northeast that party leaders have singled out as ripe for what could be critical gains in the November election.

NYT

Geez, almost forgot to mention that Patrick Kennedy (D - Rhode Island) also is retiring. The Dems are dropping out faster than I can post! :lol:

And even if I do say so myself, the lefties around here are getting quite shrill. I suppose in time the reality of the situation will sink in.