'Israel begins new settlement, despite U.S. opposition'

dub

No don't have to do this in all, or even any of the hotspots. Just do this, or nothing at all, thank-you. I.e., no self imposed, unasked for, bloodletting and infrustructure destroying nation building, democracy educating, and so on "peaceful" "assistence".

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No don't have to do this in all, or even any of the hotspots. Just do this, or nothing at all, thank-you. I.e., no self imposed, unasked for, bloodletting and infrustructure destroying nation building, democracy educating, and so on "peaceful" "assistence".

If "we" did nothing at all, you would be speaking German (or Russian).

Edited by bush_cheney2004

What 'use' does the US get out of Israel? Asking you probably won't generate a logical response...but let's just throw that out there.

Seaport, spare parts and maintenance facilities for their naval fleets, cooperaton on weapons manufacturing and trials, shared intelligence, securement of the land mass from Jihadist and Soviet influence, a strong economic and cultural bond not shared by most other countries of the world and, certainly none others in the region.

The US won't be dropping Israel from it's list of supported nations any time soon, it's too expensive to replace the facilities and, won't go over well with the people here.

• 1 month later...

Israel approves 50 settler homes

Israel has approved the construction of 50 new housing units in a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank.

Officials said the homes would house settlers being moved from a nearby unauthorised outpost and were only the first part of an expansion plan.

The move runs counter to a demand by Israel's major ally and backer, the US, that it stop all settlement activity on occupied Palestinian land.

It came hours before Defence Minister Ehud Barak was due to fly to the US.

Correspondents say Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's reluctance to comply with a freeze on building in settlements puts him on a collision course with the US.

this is a good test to see how much balls obama has.

Israel approves 50 settler homes

Israel has approved the construction of 50 new housing units in a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank.

Officials said the homes would house settlers being moved from a nearby unauthorised outpost and were only the first part of an expansion plan.

The move runs counter to a demand by Israel's major ally and backer, the US, that it stop all settlement activity on occupied Palestinian land.

It came hours before Defence Minister Ehud Barak was due to fly to the US.

Correspondents say Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's reluctance to comply with a freeze on building in settlements puts him on a collision course with the US.

this is a good test to see how much balls obama has.

Dub, in all seriousness, until the Palestinians get their own act together and form a cohesive government that can deal with one unified voice, nothing is gong to happen. Since it's inception, Israel has been attacked even to this day so some, believing there will never be a change, just take what is not going to be used.

Wrong as it is, it is right to many. As I stated earlier on more than one occasion, Israel at this point is concerned with one thing - security. They can't allow Palestinians who are not ruled by any government with power to simply enter Israel at will and conduct what they have proven they do. So, until there is a lasting peace with a unified government, they make use of land that otherwise, cannot be allowed to be used by entities that would more than likely attack them.

It's wrong but, why not? Nobody else is going to use it. And, the sooner the Palestinians get a real government together that recognizes Israel, has peace as a centerpiece of their policy, prosecutes those who take up arms against them and Israel and, proves they have this under control over a decade or two, nothing is going to change.

Hate has been their policy for a half century, to expect anything to change in a moment is dreaming.

Dub, in all seriousness, until the Palestinians get their own act together and form a cohesive government that can deal with one unified voice, nothing is gong to happen.

you don't want to admit the obvious.

the palestinians have had a unified voice before. arafat and the PLO officially recognized the state of israel. israel did nothing in return.

i mean, seriously.. "get a real government"? "stop the rocket attacks"? "stop the suicide attacks"?

like the history of the region is 15 years old.

it's been 60+ years of oppression and systematic land grab by the israelis. all anyone has to do is look at sharon's history.

you're lying to yourself and to others when you try to blame this solely on the palestinians. you started out as a little balanced with what you used to post, but now your comments remind me of DoP. you fail every time to acknowledge the obvious wrong doings by israel. you're not here to talk about justice and fairness and reality. you're here to cheer for your team and make up excuses. i'm not interested in chit chats like that.

the palestinians have had a unified voice before. arafat and the PLO officially recognized the state of israel. israel did nothing in return.

How may arrests for violence against Israelis occurred in that time? Are the perps still in jail?

I said it would take a decade of a proven track record, not a succession of flash in the pan unstable Mafia like gangs ruling for weeks at a time.

Dub

you're lying to yourself and to others when you try to blame this solely on the palestinians. you started out as a little balanced with what you used to post, but now your comments remind me of DoP. you fail every time to acknowledge the obvious wrong doings by israel.

Balanced? I am. I understand that Israel has lots to lose and little to gain at this point by making peace and if they do anything, it's a risk. Hence, better to do nothing until something is a proven entity.

As for failing to acknowledge, yes I do. I think it's wrong however, Israel is a democracy and parties have to pander to various movements when there is no reason not to. If the Palestinians wish to be part of this process then they might consider unifying rather than having 'Al Capone' style shoot outs in their own streets and killing more of their own in the process than Israel ever did.

Edited to add:

Dub

you're not here to talk about justice and fairness and reality. you're here to cheer for your team and make up excuses. i'm not interested in chit chats like that.

Justice is that six nations would have accepted Res 181 and welcomed Israel into the world. Four of them still do not. And you expect fairness? Four Arab nations still have the destruction of Israel on their 'to do' list behind mowing the lawn and fixing that creaking door and you speak of fairness and justice? Nobody in Israel has called for the extermination of Palestinians as they seem to do a pretty good job of it themselves.

You want justice? Start telling us all what Palestinians are dong wrong and I'll be more than happy to tell you what I think Israel is other than making settlements on land that they know will never be occupied by Palestinians as long as they continue on this path The way you go on post after post on thread after thread there has not been one single objective point you've made hence, I just counter rather than discuss.

Here, I'll give you your version of discussion:

Israel is a bunch of shitheads. Palestinians are just ducky. DISCUSS.

Edited by KrustyKidd

How may arrests for violence against Israelis occurred in that time? Are the perps still in jail?

I said it would take a decade of a proven track record, not a succession of flash in the pan unstable Mafia like gangs ruling for weeks at a time.

Dub

Balanced? I am. I understand that Israel has lots to lose and little to gain at this point by making peace and if they do anything, it's a risk. Hence, better to do nothing until something is a proven entity.

As for failing to acknowledge, yes I do. I think it's wrong however, Israel is a democracy and parties have to pander to various movements when there is no reason not to. If the Palestinians wish to be part of this process then they might consider unifying rather than having 'Al Capone' style shoot outs in their own streets and killing more of their own in the process than Israel ever did.

Edited to add:

Dub

Justice is that six nations would have accepted Res 181 and welcomed Israel into the world. Four of them still do not. And you expect fairness? Four Arab nations still have the destruction of Israel on their 'to do' list behind mowing the lawn and fixing that creaking door and you speak of fairness and justice? Nobody in Israel has called for the extermination of Palestinians as they seem to do a pretty good job of it themselves.

You want justice? Start telling us all what Palestinians are dong wrong and I'll be more than happy to tell you what I think Israel is other than making settlements on land that they know will never be occupied by Palestinians as long as they continue on this path The way you go on post after post on thread after thread there has not been one single objective point you've made hence, I just counter rather than discuss.

Here, I'll give you your version of discussion:

Israel is a bunch of shitheads. Palestinians are just ducky. DISCUSS.

so more of the same.

everyone knows suicide attacks are wrong and should be condemned. luckily, there hasn't been one in a while. everyone also knows that rockets fired towards cities are wrong, whether they kill someone or not. it's illegal and it's wrong. i don't see anyone here disputing this.

regardless of what the other side does, all sides should follow the law.

israel has failed to follow numerous resolutions by the UN (the very same UN that helped create it). this has been going on for the past 60+ years by continuing to increase these illegal settlements which is one of the biggest problems in the conflict. the settlements neither help israel's security or help the peace process. you should stop making excuses for it.

surprise me for once and avoid failing at being balanced.

Edited by dub

so more of the same.

everyone knows suicide attacks are wrong and should be condemned. luckily, there hasn't been one in a while. everyone also knows that rockets fired towards cities are wrong, whether they kill someone or not. it's illegal and it's wrong. i don't see anyone here disputing this.

regardless of what the other side does, all sides should follow the law.

israel has failed to follow numerous resolutions by the UN (the very same UN that helped create it). this has been going on for the past 60+ years by continuing to increase these illegal settlements which is one of the biggest problems in the conflict. the settlements neither help israel's security or help the peace process. you should stop making excuses for it.

surprise me for once and avoid failing at being balanced.

There is no longer a way out of our present situation except by forging a road toward our objective, violently and by force, over a sea of blood and under a horizon blazing with fire.

source

how many more 'obstacles to peace efforts' must we see from israel until the zionist apologists admit that israel doesn't give a shit about peace and international law?

how many more obstacles before it is obvious to apologists??

it is irrelevant, that is why their are apologists.

They can never make too many excuses.

Israel never has wanted peace nor cares about international law, it is not part of it's agenda.

Therefore it is moot, to Israel and that countries apologists.

how many more obstacles before it is obvious to apologists??

it is irrelevant, that is why their are apologists.

They can never make too many excuses.

Arabs never have wanted peace nor cares about international law, it is not part of their agenda.

Therefore it is moot, to Arabs and those countries apologists.

israel has failed to follow numerous resolutions by the UN (the very same UN that helped create it).

OMG! Dub, explain please. How did the UN create Israel? I thought the Israelis never adhered to the UN so how is this possible???????????

Or are you lying and the UN did not help to create Israel? :lol:

Dontcha know, Dub, that it's OK to hate and kill muslims but you ARE NOT allowed to criticize Israel!!!

LOL

Their lame argument boils down to calling you Hitler... !

Rightwing freaks -- 0

Humanists -- 1

Keep tryin' haters! LOL

Dontcha know, Dub, that it's OK to hate and kill muslims but you ARE NOT allowed to criticize Israel!!!

LOL

Their lame argument boils down to calling you Hitler... !

Rightwing freaks -- 0

Humanists -- 1

Keep tryin' haters! LOL

"zionists are a cancer to this world."

Rightwing level headed people - 1

Racist Jew Hating Fools and Drea - 0