'Israel begins new settlement, despite U.S. opposition'

dub

Israel has moved ahead with a plan to build a new settlement in the northern West Bank for the first time in 26 years, pursuing a project the United States has already condemned as an obstacle to peace efforts.

The move comes on the eve of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's first meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama, despite Western calls for Israel to halt its settlement activity.

source

how many more 'obstacles to peace efforts' must we see from israel until the zionist apologists admit that israel doesn't give a shit about peace and international law?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There is full consensus among Zionist parties that the Jordan Valley must remain under Israeli control within the framework of any diplomatic deal," he said. "The Jordan Valley is necessary for the sake of national security, and woe to the administration that strays from this path."

zionists are a cancer to this world.

See? I told you the Zionist Entity would do something you could Jew-bait with properly.

israel is stealing more land and building more of these illegal settlements.

you want to use your predictable anti-semite card to try to stop criticism of something that is wrong and illegal, go for it.

israel is stealing more land and building more of these illegal settlements.

you want to use your predictable anti-semite card to try to stop criticism of something that is wrong and illegal, go for it.

Oh by all means...bait away. It's your nature.

ah yeah. okay.

so does this mean you're okay with the illegal settlement expansion?

Illegal?

In whose eyes?

A country does what it wants.

Heck Canada has been condemed by the United Nations many times for many things - has that ever stopped Canada from continuing?

Borg

Illegal?

In whose eyes?

in whose eyes? in all of our eyes.

israel is a signatory to international law.

A country does what it wants.

that's what hitler said.

Heck Canada has been condemed by the United Nations many times for many things - has that ever stopped Canada from continuing?

Borg

the UN condemned canada for what? did canada annex U.S. land and then moved fanatical religious zealots to settle there?

dub

While the US is firmly behind Israel's back, there wouldn't be much possibility of a lasting peace. Settlement building will continue (as it did - in good, i.e peace accord, times; and in the bad ones; always), Palestinians will get p.. off and blow more stuff. The spiral twists. Ongoing foreign interference, in the form of supporting one side in the conflict, feeds it and it continues. Until we learn to walk the peaceful freedom democracy talk, there won't be much hope.

While the US is firmly behind Israel's back, there wouldn't be much possibility of a lasting peace. Settlement building will continue (as it did - in good, i.e peace accord, times; and in the bad ones; always), Palestinians will get p.. off and blow more stuff. The spiral twists. Ongoing foreign interference, in the form of supporting one side in the conflict, feeds it and it continues. Until we learn to walk the peaceful freedom democracy talk, there won't be much hope.

What is "peaceful freedom democracy"? Guess who is paying for the "peaceful freedom" between Israel, Egypt, and Jordan?

Hint: It is not Canada.

What is "peaceful freedom democracy"? Guess who is paying for the "peaceful freedom" between Israel, Egypt, and Jordan?

Hint: It is not Canada.

guess who is paying for the zionist's agenda which is the 'greater israel'?

answer: you are, american. about $3 billion a year, in case you didn't know.

You're finding there a contradiction? I think it only further confirms my point. Building peace by pumping arms and money into friendly regimes, how original!

Brilliant....please tell us something that we don't know.

i guess some people are cool with knowing that their government holds another countries' interests above theirs.

i guess some people are cool with knowing that per capita, israelis receive more american tax payer's money than americans do.

way to go citizen!

Edited by dub

Building peace for who? I'm only finding a contradiction in your posts.

No, the contradiction exists only in your mind. Ongoing interference in supporting one side despite its highly questionable strategies, and pumping arms and money to friendlies to help them stay in power, is a doubtful long term strategy for a lasting peace. It is also the same strategy that created these problems in the first place, and continues to feed resentment and hate in the region.

No, the contradiction exists only in your mind. Ongoing interference in supporting one side despite its highly questionable strategies, and pumping arms and money to friendlies to help them stay in power, is a doubtful long term strategy for a lasting peace. It is also the same strategy that created these problems in the first place, and continues to feed resentment and hate in the region.

Or the fact that on the day Israel became a country it was attacked by its neighbors and the Arab's within the region VOLUNTARLY moved out of the country only to find out the neighboring Arab nations gave even less a crap about them then if they had just stayed put. Look at it this way, if a family member rebeled against your household rules and tried to get the neighbor across the street to attack you, would you let that family member back into the house. I doubt it.

Of course, we want to be completely oblivious and / or ignorant to what happened before the "first day", or how "it became", etc. It's fully in our right as well to always expect (from others) top notch peaceful and moral behaviours (like coming out with hugs and kisses, when we hit their car; or "appropriated" their land, and declared it our state, etc; just like us, remember? 9/11, Iraq, Guantanamo? Those truly peaceful examples of democratic endurance, justice and tolerance). Always keeping them to this highest standard of morality, ourselves, granted, soaring too high above to notice it (or think, for a minute, that it could also have some applicability - here, i.e. to ourselves - what a nonsense, really!).

Or the fact that on the day Israel became a country it was attacked by its neighbors and the Arab's within the region VOLUNTARLY moved out of the country only to find out the neighboring Arab nations gave even less a crap about them then if they had just stayed put. Look at it this way, if a family member rebeled against your household rules and tried to get the neighbor across the street to attack you, would you let that family member back into the house. I doubt it.

hey moderateamericain... how do you feel about the fact that, per capital, israelis receive more american tax money than americans?

are you groovy with that?

i guess some people are cool with knowing that their government holds another countries' interests above theirs.

Correct...you should see how much money we blow for Canada! :lol:

i guess some people are cool with knowing that per capita, israelis receive more american tax payer's money than americans do.

Very cool......it is better to give than to receive.

way to go citizen!

Thank you....non-citizen....and thank-you for thinking about us too !! :lol:

So what? "Lasting peace" is a wet dream, and is only slightly less foolish than any "long term strategy" to achieve same. Resentment and hate is also popular in Canada....so what is the "long term strategy"?

If you want a "Lasting Peace"....go to Mars.

That's certainly one way of looking at things. Master Zorg summarized it very well in the "Fifth Element" and I really don't see how much incessant blaring of justice and democracy could add to it.

The "blaring" is just part of the deal....and only has to be more effective than "their" blaring. So far...so good.