'Israel begins new settlement, despite U.S. opposition'

dub

I see, and it even comes with a bonus mandatory obligation to peddle (on occasion, force and shove) the product to the others (of course, wrapped very nicely with shiny and frilly freedom/democracy ribbons). Giving one a rare moral satisfaction (because it's the right thing to do, and also for their own sake), and the feeling of moral superiority (they must be really bad, to resist my benevolent intervention), even if / when project isn't going exactly as foreseen.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, and it even comes with a bonus mandatory obligation to peddle (on occasion, force and shove) the product to the others (of course, wrapped very nicely with shiny and frilly freedom/democracy ribbons). Giving one a rare moral satisfaction (because it's the right thing to do, and also for their own sake), and the feeling of moral superiority (they must be really bad, to resist my benevolent intervention), even if / when project isn't going exactly as foreseen.

Moral superiority is just part of the schtick....the right thing to do is often concurrent with self interest. Not unusual that this would be the case.

Correct...you should see how much money we blow for Canada! :lol:

what does that even mean? why bring up canada? was that some kind of a blink, smile and give a ridiculous DoP style response?

how can you be okay with receiving less of your tax money than an israeli citizen is receiving? how long have you been okay with getting bent over and pounded really hard by your government and the ones holding the leash, like AIPAC?

Very cool......it is better to give than to receive.

oh don't worry, you're also receiving the burden of the smile and nod support. you're receiving less security and a collapsing infrastructure.

Thank you....non-citizen....and thank-you for thinking about us too !! :lol:

no problem. i'm a citizen of the world.

Moral superiority is just part of the schtick....the right thing to do is often concurrent with self interest.

Because whatever we do out of self interest is the "right" thing? Otherwise, wouldn't the results, actual, physical, on the ground, be different from those of the "wrong" thing?

So what? "Lasting peace" is a wet dream, and is only slightly less foolish than any "long term strategy" to achieve same. Resentment and hate is also popular in Canada....so what is the "long term strategy"?

If you want a "Lasting Peace"....go to Mars.

The only solution is to nuke the whole middle east and turn it into one huge peice of glass.

Maybe a less expensive solution would be to stop messing into their affairs (including taking sides) and let them sort out their problems however, and whenever they can? If only we could resist our helpful nature...

I don't think the UN would agree, because your notion would also impact economic and humanitarian aid.

Sorting out their problems is not limited to borders.

I don't think the UN would agree, because your notion would also impact economic and humanitarian aid.

Sorting out their problems is not limited to borders.

The UN hates Israel because they know they are an exclusive society..and will NEVER submit to the globalist agenda of cultural assimulation and destruction...so Israel is like the sharp stone in the sandal...you have to actually sit down and take it off to get it out - and the UN - along with most high ranking bureacrats have one problem fulfilling their agenda - they would actually have to work - but they rather rack up the expense account- eat luxury food and fool with the local prostitutes while abroad..they are useless. As for humanitarian aid - forget it...the ones in power at the UN - are fanatics who instead of being creative enough to fix a problem wait for the problem to die - de-population seems to be their means leading to the big fix -----LAZY!

Certainly we could leave aid and assistance to the UN. I.e. cut out military and not so economical as financial backing aid. Seem good for everybody (us, UN, the sides in the conflict). So what's our problem? We sooooo want to be helpful that we just can't help pumping arms (i.e money to buy them) into already troubled zone?

Edited by myata

Certainly we could leave aid and assistance to the UN. I.e. cut out military and not so economical as financial backing aid. Seem good for everybody (us, UN, the sides in the conflict). So what's our problem? We sooooo want to be helpful that we just can't help pumping arms (i.e money to buy them) into already troubled zone?

And so it goes...you want to have it both ways. I doubt that the warlords will appreciate your perspective when it comes to the distribution of humanitarian or economic aid.

The "world" would have "trouble" regardless of "us".

And so it goes...you want to have it both ways. I doubt that the warlords will appreciate your perspective when it comes to the distribution of humanitarian or economic aid.

Not at all. If pumping arms and money to friendlies must be a condition of our "humanitarian" aid (quelle creativite - we're known for that, our claim to fame after all!), the world will be better off without no aid at all. Or shall we say, state sponsored aid. Individuals can donate directly to the UN, which will distribute it to the individuals in need. Sure warlords would be a problem, but on a quite different scale, like a few orders of magnitude down, from our overreaching and never relenting assistance. Like those guys who lend you five bucks, then want your house, wife and eternal gratitude in return.

Not at all. If pumping arms and money to friendlies must be a condition of our "humanitarian" aid (quelle creativite - we're known for that, our claim to fame after all!), the world will be better off without no aid at all. Or shall we say, state sponsored aid.

Better off...oh..you mean like Somalia or Rwanda? Not better, but certainly different!

Individuals can donate directly to the UN, which will distribute it to the individuals in need. Sure warlords would be a problem, but on a quite different scale, like a few orders of magnitude down, from our overreaching and never relenting assistance. Like those guys who lend you five bucks, then want your house, wife and eternal gratitude in return.

Easy for you to say....you don't depend on any of this except for a self imposed guilty conscience should they go without. You can't have it both ways (UN forces are armed).

israel is stealing more land and building more of these illegal settlements.

Incorrect but one shouldn't expect accuracy from you.

The land had been a military out post for years so therefore they aren't stealing more land, the land was already (ahem) stolen. No infio whether anyone was living on the land 20-30nyears ago before it was expropriated...

Seems though the Jordanian Arabs living there were happier with a military outpost than the prospect of 20 Jewish families raising Jewish Kids....

Incorrect but one shouldn't expect accuracy from you.

The land had been a military out post for years so therefore they aren't stealing more land, the land was already (ahem) stolen. No infio whether anyone was living on the land 20-30nyears ago before it was expropriated...

Seems though the Jordanian Arabs living there were happier with a military outpost than the prospect of 20 Jewish families raising Jewish Kids....

you're making excuses again and showing your blatant disregard for international law. you've already shown how you react to other groups who have broken international law. it's too bad you don't apply the same discontent to this zionist regime.

it was illegal then and it is illegal now. at least a military outpost can be seen as "temporary", whereas these illegal settlements are more than likely permanent.

..and who cares if no one lived there 20/30 years ago. the land is not israel's and what they're doing is illegal.

You're preaching for something...but it's not international law. If you really want to impress, stand in front of an IDF Caterpillar D-9.

first pee jokes and now making fun of someone's death.

i thought you were supposed to be the wise and mature of the patrons.

Better off...oh..you mean like Somalia or Rwanda? Not better, but certainly different!

Why is it that "what you hear is not whay you get"? I mean you (we) hear all we need to hear about "Somalia and Rwanda" as a greatly illustrative cause for democratic intervention, and where also nothing happens (not in this Universe, at least), but we do get Afghanistan and Iraq? A Liberators paradox, feel free to ponder it.

You can't have it both ways (UN forces are armed).

Sorry I haven't been clear. UN forces would have a clear operating objective. Protecting civilian population from worst excesses until a more or less stable government emerges. Nothing to do with democratic education, it's no different from colonization by another name.

Israel is getting really cocky and over confident...I spoke to an informed Jew a few months ago and mentioned - "America will burn you though abandonment once they find no use for you" He said - we are aware of that" - so what the hell is Israel thinking - without the west - you can have all the nukes you want - and if abandoned by America for not being obedient..then they will be forced eventually to use nukes and this will be the great holocaust of not just the jewish semites but of the arab ones also.

Israel is getting really cocky and over confident...I spoke to an informed Jew a few months ago and mentioned - "America will burn you though abandonment once they find no use for you" He said - we are aware of that" - so what the hell is Israel thinking - without the west - you can have all the nukes you want - and if abandoned by America for not being obedient..then they will be forced eventually to use nukes and this will be the great holocaust of not just the jewish semites but of the arab ones also.

What 'use' does the US get out of Israel? Asking you probably won't generate a logical response...but let's just throw that out there.

Why is it that "what you hear is not whay you get"? I mean you (we) hear all we need to hear about "Somalia and Rwanda" as a greatly illustrative cause for democratic intervention, and where also nothing happens (not in this Universe, at least), but we do get Afghanistan and Iraq? A Liberators paradox, feel free to ponder it.

There were UN missions in Somalia. You (we) did get that, and that's why the Rwandans didn't.

Sorry I haven't been clear. UN forces would have a clear operating objective. Protecting civilian population from worst excesses until a more or less stable government emerges. Nothing to do with democratic education, it's no different from colonization by another name.

Great idea....please do this at once in all the world's hot spots...without the poisoned support of Americans and their interests of course. Good luck with that.....