Harper Working on Scrapping the Gun Registry!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stubborn resistance of the few is no match against the will of the people.

lol..............the U.S. will never give up their guns A few???? lmao............the nra has more power than the president down there and you know why?..........because Americans like their guns and so do a growing number of Canadians ........so it is NOT the will of the people but the will of a few liberals!

read and learn! Your Long Gun registry is finished Canada simply doesn't want it!

http://www.spruce.ca/gunctrl.htm

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2009...848496-sun.html

Edited by wulf42

I think the long gun registry is stuipd. It makes no sense.

It never did.........just silly liberals who know nothing about guns ,different types or how the registry has failed to prevent gun crime.........actually it has increased because criminals use handguns and assault weapons that are now banned anyway, always were! something Liberals just don t get..............silly Liberals, Politics is for Conservatives!

Edited by wulf42

That doesn't prove anything. Gangs use illegal guns and comparing gang violence to the gun registry is like comparing apples and oranges. Two entirely separate issues.

For those Canadians not in gangs, they need to be reminded that guns should be registered, locked up and all ammo stored in a spearate place, preferably miles away from the gun.

If it takes a registry to make them more responsible, then it's doing it's job. It's a shame that the fear of the gun being stolen and used in a crime, overrides a fear that their kids get hold of it and shoot someone.

"Comparing gang violence to the gun registry is like comparing apples and oranges."

I'm still shaking my head at that one.So are you saying the gangs were never the intended target of the gun registry?You're a typical lefty,you feel it's right to go after the typical mainstream gun owner but you choose to ignore the one's causing the most trouble,the gangs.By all means,we must encourage responsible use of firearms.But why leave the gangs relatively untouched?

I think one reason for the gun registry was to have yet another source of revenue for the government.Eventually,there would have been an annual fee which would continue to rise.

"Comparing gang violence to the gun registry is like comparing apples and oranges."

I'm still shaking my head at that one.So are you saying the gangs were never the intended target of the gun registry?You're a typical lefty,you feel it's right to go after the typical mainstream gun owner but you choose to ignore the one's causing the most trouble,the gangs.By all means,we must encourage responsible use of firearms.But why leave the gangs relatively untouched?

I think one reason for the gun registry was to have yet another source of revenue for the government.Eventually,there would have been an annual fee which would continue to rise.

lol.....so true the lefties can't seem to make sense out something that most of us can plainly see,hunters are not the threat, Gangs are but then again even when the Gangs bangers do go to jail for gun crime bleeding heart lefties let them out in less than 2 years.....silly Liberals!! and they want to run a country..........lmao ....not likely!

Edited by wulf42

lol.....so true the lefties can't seem to make sense out something that most of us can plainly see,hunters are not the threat, Gangs are but then again even when the Gangs bangers do go to jail for gun crime bleeding heart lefties let them out in less than 2 years.....silly Liberals!! and they want to run a country..........lmao ....not likely!

Liberals want to be tough on hunters but lax on gangs if that makes any sense.

Americans like their guns and so do a growing number of Canadians ........so it is NOT the will of the people but the will of a few liberals!

Someone who really likes something wants everybody to know where he bought it.

Edited by benny

Of course. Everyone is the US will register their guns just like they did in Canada. Problem solved.
The stubborn resistance of the few is no match against the will of the people.
The few? Who are you kidding?

ha! I won't bother quoting any of the follow-up - too funny!

almost as funny as how people selectively read/interpret... ya see, my selective read/interpret looks at that original comment and I see 2... 2 references - to both Canada and the US. Now, was the subsequent reference to the "stubborn resistance of the few" with respect to the U.S. or to Canada? :lol:

whatever... it gave you the needed reach around to embrace the NRA and the U.S. "culture of guns"... where interestingly, a relatively recent CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll. - June 4-5, 2008, had this little nugget:

"Thinking about specific ways that the government has dealt with guns in the past, do you favor or oppose each of the following? . . ."

=> "Requiring gun owners to register their guns with the local government"

- favour: 79%

- oppose: 20%

wait a minute... wait a minute... maybe you guys had the right reference all along. We could be talking about that "stubborn resistance of the (20%) few" in the U.S., after all! :D

lol.....so true the lefties can't seem to make sense out something

You know, I'm Liberal and I dislike the registry. All you do with statements like the one above is polarize people and that does nothing for your argument.