Al Franken is Challenging This Ballot

There it goes.

I think only someone who hasn't a clue what's going on would say that a process with such intense scrutiny as a recount could be so easily manipulated.

But then, yesterday you thought Franken had no chance of winning. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then, yesterday you thought Franken had no chance of winning. :lol:

Not true. I never said he didn't have a chance of winning (stealing). As long as they kept "finding" new votes, he always had a chance. But I've got to hand it to the Democrat political machine in Minnesota. They held true to their axiom of counting the votes as many times, as many ways, until you find one which puts you ahead. Then you claim victory. And it looks as though it just might have worked in this case. But I guess we'll see. :angry:

Yes, how convenient. It looks as though all of the "boxes of votes" found over the past few weeks has begun to pay off. Folks, what you're seeing here, is the stealing of a Senate seat, in real time. How many more "misplaced" votes will be found in the "trunks of cars" and "basements of church's" before the count is over?

Yes you are right republicans hiding votes on election day are now getting there just deserts. How many times do they have to "lose" votes and write down a wrong number for us to not see it. Maybe we should recount in every state a Republican won. What you are seeing here is justice.

See I can be ridiculous and partisan too.

Just one example.

On Ramsey County's last recount day, 171 previously uncounted ballots were discovered, from which Al Franken gained a potentially game-changing 37 net new votes. Like so much of the Minnesota Senate race, the ballots came with their own controversy as well. It appears that the total number of discovered ballots exceeds the number of people who voted on election day or with an absentee ballot by about 31.

Link

This is 'vote early, vote often' taken to a new level.

Yes you are right republicans hiding votes on election day are now getting there just deserts. How many times do they have to "lose" votes and write down a wrong number for us to not see it. Maybe we should recount in every state a Republican won. What you are seeing here is justice.

What exactly are you saying, that republicans hid Franken votes and now democrats are finding the hiding spots? Come on, if you want to be ridiculous, at least make it plausible.

Just one example.

On Ramsey County's last recount day, 171 previously uncounted ballots were discovered, from which Al Franken gained a potentially game-changing 37 net new votes. Like so much of the Minnesota Senate race, the ballots came with their own controversy as well. It appears that the total number of discovered ballots exceeds the number of people who voted on election day or with an absentee ballot by about 31.

Link

This is 'vote early, vote often' taken to a new level.

You see Shady, things like this just don't matter as long as Franken wins. Who cares if there is more votes than voters, the question is how many of the more "recent" votes are Franken's.

What exactly are you saying, that republicans hid Franken votes and now democrats are finding the hiding spots? Come on, if you want to be ridiculous, at least make it plausible.

So what you are saying is Democrats matching the number of votes at a precinct matching with the sign in books in exact numbers are not only making up false ballots which Coleman is NOT challenging but they are doing so with out anyone noticing? Come on, if you want to be ridiculous, at least make it plausible.

I personally think the recount is being handled well and not just becuase Coleman is going to lose but because they are counting all the votes. That is nice.

So what you are saying is Democrats matching the number of votes at a precinct matching with the sign in books in exact numbers are not only making up false ballots which Coleman is NOT challenging but they are doing so with out anyone noticing? Come on, if you want to be ridiculous, at least make it plausible.

You got this out of what I said here?

Which was in response to your comment:

I think you need to up your meds. :lol:

On your earlier comment where you called me stupid for not appearing to be aware of the number of recounts in Minnesota, I could have been more clear. I was thinking of all the legal challenges and requests made on both sides to have ballots counted/not counted etc., but indeed there has been only one really long recount.

Not true. I never said he didn't have a chance of winning (stealing).

As I remember, you equated his odds with the odds of you winning the lottery and called my statement that Franken was looking good "nonsense".

But I'm not surprised you'd go all revisionist, just as you would start to cry voter fraud just as Coleman falls behind.

This "pulling ahead" is the result of previously challenged ballots being upheld and being added back into the totals, right?

I had read that almost all challenged ballots end up counting, and that Coleman's people challenged a lot more ballots than Franken's did.

-k

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. It was an attempt to create an artificial lead. That way he could spend weeks appearing to be the candidate with more votes, until the truth cuold be suppressed no longer.

I see. And Franken's challenges were an attempt to create an authentic lead. :blink:

Perhaps I was being too subtle for you, punked, but I think Bubber will understand what I said.

I was just pointing out Franken had less then half the challenges Coleman had and won most of them. Maybe you should have fallowed it instead of thinking Franken is half the weasel "buy me a house" Colman is.

Ps the count is over and Franken is up by 250.

I think punked was being too subtle for sharkman. The point is, Franken created the appearance of a lead by challenging a whole bunch of ballots based on meritless claims. One of the more ironic challenges was his claim that a Franken voter disqualified his ballot by writing on the back of it "Thank you for counting my vote." Franken's challenges generally weren't so petty, and he won most of them; Coleman accordingly l-o-s-t.

I think punked was being too subtle for sharkman. The point is, Franken created the appearance of a lead by challenging a whole bunch of ballots based on meritless claims. One of the more ironic challenges was his claim that a Franken voter disqualified his ballot by writing on the back of it "Thank you for counting my vote." Franken's challenges generally weren't so petty, and he won most of them; Coleman accordingly l-o-s-t.

Franken with drew most of his ballots when the canvasing board told him it was stuipd, almost 75% of them. Coleman Challenged more. When they started counting Franken had 800 challenges, and Coleman ha about 3000.

I like how when Coleman was ahead, he called on Franken to save Minnesotans the expense and uncertainty of a recount and concede. When the recount is done and he's behind, he has no problem with Minnesotans incurring way more expense and uncertainty by starting up a frivolous court case.

I like how when Coleman was ahead, he called on Franken to save Minnesotans the expense and uncertainty of a recount and concede.

It was an unseemly request.

The election was so very close and the law in Minnesota appeared clear that a recount was necessary.

For the most part Minnesota ran a fairly competent vote.

When the recount is done and he's behind, he has no problem with Minnesotans incurring way more expense and uncertainty by starting up a frivolous court case.

It is possible that Coleman might be able to challenge the final count but I think that task is an uphill climb.

Coleman now has to confront the fact that he has been beaten by wrestler and now a comedian.

It was always a long shot to get the 60 seats in the Senate. After the Republican win in Georgia, it looks like Obama's handling of Lieberman was a sound one. 59 seats in the Senate will do fine.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears the Republicans' court campaign is reduced to a blatant attempt to subvert the democratic process by keeping the Democrats down one senator for as long as possible. They lost a long time ago. Coleman even got a new job already, but I guess every day Franken is not seated is a small victory for them.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/01...es-backfire.php