Al Franken is Challenging This Ballot

Pic :blink:

One challenge headed to the state so far in Plymouth

The bubble beside Norm Coleman’s name appeared to have both an X and a squiggle in it, but the Al Franken campaign wants the state Canvassing Board to rule on whether it should count. That’s the only challenge in the special envelope in Plymouth so far, according to Sandy Engdahl, the city clerk and the official running the city recount.

Link

Whatever happened to the Dem mantra of counting every vote??? :rolleyes:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franken wants to analyze each rejected ballot....must be desperate!

You must not be up on your local politics to believe he would be more desperate than Coleman. Currently, Franken is trading 60 to Coleman's 40 on Intrade.com. That gives Franken a significant edge.

You must not be up on your local politics to believe he would be more desperate than Coleman. Currently, Franken is trading 60 to Coleman's 40 on Intrade.com. That gives Franken a significant edge.

Of course....even dog catcher elections ride on the oh so important edge at Intrade.com.....yawn.

If you were less arrogant I would not be as facinated by your persona - like I said - you are a piece of work... :lol:

Thank you...this is by design. I want to be the Ugly American punching bag and foil that helps Canada define itself, lest it be without any identity at all.

That my "local election" (and soon to be contested recount) sparks such interest across the border speaks volumes. We'll leave the light on for 'ya.

Thank you...this is by design. I want to be the Ugly American punching bag and foil that helps Canada define itself, lest it be without any identity at all.

That my "local election" (and soon to be contested recount) sparks such interest across the border speaks volumes. We'll leave the light on for 'ya.

Your cold pragmatism and humor make you a wortby candidate on any level - you have my full support from this side of the great north american house. Spent a while getting to know the grass roots guys and girls at Speakfreeamerica.org - but - the sight has been taken over by a few imposters - originally a great group of young and old -rich and poor.

YOU - are on another level..and have bared the American soul...a little scarey but still lovable...Yes my friend - America is worth holding dear...we all have our problems and we all if we are wise correct them...I see hope....jezzz - I think I am going to weep - but I have denied myself the comfort of tears - for I am almost American :lol:

Yes, we love our "house american..."

Oh what the heck - lets make him an honouary field american...don't want to spoil him..best to keep him out doors. Don't want to see the silver ware go missing...you know how they are...before you know it they get all illegal and will demand a pink card.

Wait a sec...let me get this right - our American friend is running for a senate seat...You mean all this time I was toying an proding him about and vice versa it was someone important.. :blink: Seriously if I would have known I would have offered some supportive advice - but like Star Trek - you can not interfere with others from other worlds....so which one is he? Is it Coleman? If so go baby go.....if not - go slow. Let right prevail...as far as intrusive and spiteful investigations by supposed authoritarian bureacrats - you can leave him alone now..this is a fine man - tough but good never the less - and I am never wrong about a man's core character.

Latest recount numbers have Coleman up by 120. Go Al Franken!

Tough - pragmatic - Kind and kind of funny - perfect representative - Go - Al ................you win even if you lose..you win. The people love and respect you more than the other guy and you love and respect them. What does not kill you makes you live with even more vigor! O.A.Bach*

Latest recount numbers have Coleman up by 120. Go Al Franken!

The MN Secretary of State may disagree with you....his office posts recount status once per day at 8PM.

http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/200...nateRecount.asp

Edited by bush_cheney2004

**Update**

Looks like Al Franken lost his recount. However, is that stopping Al from trying to steal Norm Coleman's senate seat? Nope.

After absentee ballot loss, Franken eyes options

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota's U.S. Senate showdown is veering down a path toward the courts and possibly the Senate itself after a panel's ruling on rejected absentee ballots dealt a blow to Democrat Al Franken's chances.

For the first time, his campaign on Wednesday openly discussed mounting challenges after the hand recount involving Franken and Republican Sen. Norm Coleman concludes.

AP

Give it up Al, you've lost twice now. Me thinks Franken's gonna try the ol 'count the votes as many times, as many different ways, until you find a scenario where you win, and then declare that as the standard to certify' routine.

Give it up Al, you've lost twice now. Me thinks Franken's gonna try the ol 'count the votes as many times, as many different ways, until you find a scenario where you win, and then declare that as the standard to certify' routine.

I think Al Gore tried this too....he still lost. That equal protection clause in the US Constitution is a real pain in the ass!

So as I understand it, if the Democrats obtain this seat, plus win a run-off election in Georgia this week, they would have 60 seats in the Senate, giving them a "super majority" and making the senate effectively a rubber stamp for the Democrats. Is that correct?

-k

So as I understand it, if the Democrats obtain this seat, plus win a run-off election in Georgia this week, they would have 60 seats in the Senate, giving them a "super majority" and making the senate effectively a rubber stamp for the Democrats. Is that correct?

Mathematically...yes....politically...no. Senators often cross the aisle in both directions, and cloture rules are a good time for dealing.

It's like herding cats.