The waterboarding poll

Waterboarding is...  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it in the least that it's torture and illegal in all situations and regardless of circumstances. The US executed Japanese prisoners following WW2 for waterboarding Americans.

It's a capital offence and should be punished with life in prison.

I don't support the death penalty just as nearly all civilized countries don't and that's why I don't advocate killing the Americans responsible for waterboarding.

Why would anyone be in doubt about the question and need a poll to answer the question?

It's a capital offence and should be punished with life in prison.

By definition, a "capital offense" is punishable by death.

A capital offense is a felony crime that is considered so serious that it is punishable by death. Death for a capital offence is called capital punishment. Currently, thirty-eight states have laws, which make a criminal offense punishable by death.

...carry on.

By definition, a "capital offense" is punishable by death.

A capital offense is a felony crime that is considered so serious that it is punishable by death. Death for a capital offence is called capital punishment. Currently, thirty-eight states have laws, which make a criminal offense punishable by death.

...carry on.

\

Exactly you babbling idiot. In the US waterboarding must be considered a capital offence and is punishble with death by some novel sort of execution method. I oppose that and I therefore advocate locking them up for life. You on the other hand would advocate locking a person up for life if he stole three cookies from your cookie jar on three different ocassions.

\

Exactly you babbling idiot. In the US waterboarding must be considered a capital offence and is punishble with death by some novel sort of execution method. I oppose that and I therefore advocate locking them up for life. You on the other hand would advocate locking a person up for life if he stole three cookies from your cookie jar on three different ocassions.

No, I would advocate that you find the cards missing from your incomplete deck. It's not a capital offense without the possibility for a death sentence (and execution). Duh!

No, I would advocate that you find the cards missing from your incomplete deck. It's not a capital offense without the possibility for a death sentence (and execution). Duh!

Oh, but it was a capital offence because Japanese prisoners were put to death by hanging for the crime and it's the US which decided it would be a capital offence.

Learning about the Japanese prisoners sure did put the brakes on you Americans on the waterboarding topic didn't it. I thought you would try to deny it happened but you seem to have done your homework and found that it did. So what should we do with Americans who are guilty of waterboarding prisoners? The US sort of set the precedence didn't it!

And I notice that whoever chose 'aggressive and legal' is hiding so far.

Edited by UShaditComing

Oh, but it was a capital offence because Japanese prisoners were put to death by hanging for the crime and it's the US which decided it would be a capital offence.

Thank you for proving my point...capital offense = possibility of death penalty and execution

Learning about the Japanese prisoners sure did put the brakes on you Americans on the waterboarding topic didn't it. I thought you would try to deny it happened but you seem to have done your homework and found that it did. So what should we do with Americans who are guilty of waterboarding prisoners? The US sort of set the precedence didn't it!

No, legal precedence is also subject to change. That's why they make and change laws. Waterboarding is whole lot better than outright death, so what are we really quibbling about?

Thank you for proving my point...capital offense = possibility of death penalty and execution

No, legal precedence is also subject to change. That's why they make and change laws. Waterboarding is whole lot better than outright death, so what are we really quibbling about?

I see the poll has now gone 6 to 1 and the lone war criminal supporter still hasn't come out of the closet.

The rules change! hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

And to add to this: The question was then asked whether or not waterboarding could be justified if it meant that gathering information through torture could stop a terrorist attack. Many Americans could justify it on those grounds but in truth didn't really care anyway.

The correct response to that defence of torture was to ask if two atomic bombs to be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasake were reason enough to waterboard Americans.

Apparently not because Japanese prisoners were still executed.

Yeah, the rules sure do change!

I support the use of waterboarding.

PS: I am a Canadian just like you. lol

I'm also Canadian, and like you, I also support the use of waterboarding. However, I've been told by the Canadian Thought Police that it's "un-Canadian" to think that way. We need to be careful, I don't wanna end up in a Human Rights tribunal.

:ph34r:

Edited by Shady

STill a couple of pro-torturers in the closets but at least a couple came forward. And one more person who is not the least bit confused that torture is torture. Good for you J Dobbin and I know you btw if you are an industrial electrician.

Not an electrician. lol I'm a writer and therapist by trade.

I have a Jim Dobbin who is my brother and a private businessman.

NOt the guy but I didn't know if the name was common or not. At least you have it right on waterboarding. Americans who support it are just a bunch of hypocrites who like to think the rules get changed for them. Imagine them putting Japanese prisoners to death for the practice against Americans and then pretending that it's not a war crime and illegal torture! Very much like a lot of other things which suit their purpose in their nasty wars. I don't know why we need to argue such simple questions but we do and I have the time to hold their feet to the fire, at least for the effect it may have on their conscience. Unfortuantely patriotism and a flag planted firmly up their asses trumps conscience.

It's a winning formula.....America has displaced your own empire which did the exact same thing, and all you can do is watch.

USA...USA...USA!

I suppose you are ok with others torturing Americans to get information out of them. Good for you for being so open minded!

USA! USA! USA!!!

It's a winning formula.....America has displaced your own empire which did the exact same thing, and all you can do is watch.

USA...USA...USA!

As I have said before, I don't defend tyranny and if I did it would make me a hypocrite for being down on the US. The British empire was definitley guilty of some very big crimes against humanity. Perhaps it's naive of me to expect that Americans would condemn evil but that won't stop me from sticking it to you. If all you can do is make reference to other empires which were just as guilty, and even more guilty, then I know that my message has gotten to you.

You see my fine American friend, you now admit your guilt and if you were killed by a terrorist then you would have it coming. You applaud your country's aggression and murder of innocent people now because you are pompous enough to think you needn't deny anymore.

And then you made your position perfectly clear when you said:

There are other forms that are perfectly acceptable as well. All manner of psychological and physiological methods are at our disposal. This topic is waterboarding.

It was always just a matter of time before you demonstrated your true evilness and hopefully the moderators are observing and taking notes. So who should feel threatened on this forum? Me for voicing an opinion on the fact that 9/11 was revenge or you who advocates all sorts of human torture and even applauds the US doing it?

Your sort always coughs it up and spews it out eventually when you are left with nothing else to say.

As I have said before, I don't defend tyranny and if I did it would make me a hypocrite for being down on the US. The British empire was definitley guilty of some very big crimes against humanity.

You can neither defend or assail tyranny.....it laughs at your puny recriminations made even as you suckle from its teats. You wouldn't know real tyranny if it bit you in the ass, so coddled and free is the life you live.

You see my fine American friend, you now admit your guilt and if you were killed by a terrorist then you would have it coming. You applaud your country's aggression and murder of innocent people now because you are pompous enough to think you needn't deny anymore.

I applaud the triumph of western liberalism and the many forms it takes. I don't pretend to criticize while living in the very lap of luxury afforded by such policies.

It was always just a matter of time before you demonstrated your true evilness and hopefully the moderators are observing and taking notes. So who should feel threatened on this forum? Me for voicing an opinion on the fact that 9/11 was revenge or you who advocates all sorts of human torture and even applauds the US doing it?

I'm not worried....child molesters seem to attract much more ire than little 'ol me. Guilt is your own head trip, as you are unable to reconcile your lifestyle with your own empire's policies...cognitive dissonance is a bitch!

Your sort always coughs it up and spews it out eventually when you are left with nothing else to say.

I have plenty to say...even after you run away. Come back soon.

You can neither defend or assail tyranny.....it laughs at your puny recriminations made even as you suckle from its teats. You wouldn't know real tyranny if it bit you in the ass, so coddled and free is the life you live.

I applaud the triumph of western liberalism and the many forms it takes. I don't pretend to criticize while living in the very lap of luxury afforded by such policies.

I'm not worried....child molesters seem to attract much more ire than little 'ol me. Guilt is your own head trip, as you are unable to reconcile your lifestyle with your own empire's policies...cognitive dissonance is a bitch!

I have plenty to say...even after you run away. Come back soon.

The only way I'll be leaving is if you whiners who can't bear the truth are able to drum up a big enough hit squad to convince the mods that I'm hurting your feelings. I won't be changing my name and I won't be leaving of my own choice.