The waterboarding poll

Waterboarding is...  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are numerous ways to substantiate a person's confessions. Interrogators will have access to a terrorists background, and all the inelligence assocated with him. Usually, with any interrogation, you begin asking questions you already know the answers to, in order to determine the validity of the information you're gathering.

Which we are informed by some experts who have testified before Congress is a more effective way at gaining information.

It's not just a matter of waterboarding a suspect while asking questions without any purpose or strategy. That's a narrative people create in order to support their false premise related to waterboarding. It's incorrect.

I'm sure there is a strategy but the expert testimony said it was more likely to get false testimony this way because of the desperation to admit to something that would require time and effort to verify.

If you don't believe me, ask Senator McCain. He has a lot to say about torture and why it isn't very effective.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if the outraged and feeble minded would show a little concern for their own before supporting terrorists and murderers bent on the destruction of their own society.

It would be nice if the people who accuse others of supporting terrorism would ask themselves if torture was effective in getting information compared to other methods.

I guess by your standards, McCain supports terrorism.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are numerous ways to substantiate a person's confessions. Interrogators will have access to a terrorists background, and all the inelligence assocated with him. Usually, with any interrogation, you begin asking questions you already know the answers to, in order to determine the validity of the information you're gathering.

It's not just a matter of waterboarding a suspect while asking questions without any purpose or strategy. That's a narrative people create in order to support their false premise related to waterboarding. It's incorrect.

Excellent explanation for the naive folk who think interrogators seeking actionable intel would only rely on the results of a waterboarding exercise.

It's torture and it may or may not get an answer but the purpose served here is to show that Americans are morally bankrupt and so afraid of their enemies that they won't take the high road on the issue. Instead their government chooses to justify it in special cases only because they got caught using the technique. We can be pretty confident that it's used extensively in private along with other means of torture by Americans. Their government, by not outlawing it positively has put their stamp of approval on it. Unfortunately Canada's government has not been firmly against it either and that will ensure that both Americans and Canadians who are captured by the enemy will be treated accordingly.

These rules of war do have a purpose.

I hope so.

That's disgusting shady but it's indicative of the true American attitude and my purpose is served by coaxing it from you.

It would be no more disgusting if I wished death or injury on Americans. I don't do that for any people but I do point out that people tend to strike back at US aggression in any way in which they are capable.

Thank you shady. I don't play to people like you who are beyond having any conscience, I play to your audience.

Unfortunately Canada's government has not been firmly against it either and that will ensure that both Americans and Canadians who are captured by the enemy will be treated accordingly.

I hate to burst your bubble but you should know that torture is nothing new. Other nations have been doing far worse for time immemorial. The way you talk makes it sound as though these "freedom fighters" have only just started using torture because the Americans did some water boarding. Wrong, these guys are the masters of pain through extreme trauma.

Is it because you truly don't know anything about the subject? Or is it that your loathing for the States is so profound you would excuse any others of anything whilst pillorying the States for something relatively innocuous by comparison?

Here's a news flash for you. Whenever I was deployed it was with the full understanding and expectation that my captors would torture me should I be taken prisoner. This had absolutely nothing to do with water boarding and 100% to do with my understanding of these people and their ways.

Before you yack about "ensuring" anything you should do a little work and find out what is accepted as a part of life in other parts of the world.

I hate to burst your bubble but you should know that torture is nothing new. Other nations have been doing far worse for time immemorial. The way you talk makes it sound as though these "freedom fighters" have only just started using torture because the Americans did some water boarding. Wrong, these guys are the masters of pain through extreme trauma.

Is it because you truly don't know anything about the subject? Or is it that your loathing for the States is so profound you would excuse any others of anything whilst pillorying the States for something relatively innocuous by comparison?

Here's a news flash for you. Whenever I was deployed it was with the full understanding and expectation that my captors would torture me should I be taken prisoner. This had absolutely nothing to do with water boarding and 100% to do with my understanding of these people and their ways.

Before you yack about "ensuring" anything you should do a little work and find out what is accepted as a part of life in other parts of the world.

The only thing I would disagree with in that post is your demeanor. In fact you are right that others torture. Talk to your superiors and they will give you the official postion on torture which includes waterboarding. And try to settle down a little because we two can have some fun if you start being rational. Rational for you and your ilk of course because it's not going to be my rationality and that's where the fun comes in. Right now your hate combined with your military background is making you crazy.

Tis like that "god" notion... its only true if you believe in it.

I don't believe in the highjacker story any more than I believe in an invisible sky entity.

accept the easy solution instead of looking at an issue with a critical eye - some people just choose to follow; no matter the lead lemming is jumping off a cliff. :lol:

Edited by Drea

It was my understanding that waterboarding included some sort of cloth over the person's face while water was poured, and also that this is also done to some of the American military forces while in training. Am I mistaken?

Edited by sharkman

Give those terrorists a good old fashioned waterboarding. They deserve it for coming over here and crashing planes.

That's the spirit there boy, and give those Americans the old chop, chop and let's see some more heads roll for their evil deeds in Iraq.

You wanna get down and dirty boy? We can all play that game but let's keep in mind who wanted to go there first. I hope you have a strong stomach because other Americans have left because they couldn't even stand legitimate criticism.

That's the spirit there boy, and give those Americans the old chop, chop and let's see some more heads roll for their evil deeds in Iraq.

You wanna get down and dirty boy? We can all play that game but let's keep in mind who wanted to go there first. I hope you have a strong stomach because other Americans have left because they couldn't even stand legitimate criticism.

So not waterboarding means our enemies will be not cut off the heads of captives? They base their actions on the words of the Koran and the Hadiths in which the Infidel are 'slaughtered' and captives are beheaded just as Mohammed ('the most perfet man') beheaded over 200 Jewish prisoners of war.

So not waterboarding means our enemies will be not cut off the heads of captives? They base their actions on the words of the Koran and the Hadiths in which the Infidel are 'slaughtered' and captives are beheaded just as Mohammed ('the most perfet man') beheaded over 200 Jewish prisoners of war.

.....will be not cut off the heads of captives??? You're really having a bad day aren't you!

It was my understanding that waterboarding included some sort of cloth over the person's face while water was poured, and also that this is also done to some of the American military forces while in training. Am I mistaken?

True...voluntary SEAR/POW training subjects American military personnel to many forms of torture, deprivation, and humiliation, including sexual assault. Personnel with a high likelyhood of capture are encouraged to complete the course for survival skills and developing resistance as long as they have the means to do so.

True...voluntary SEAR/POW training subjects American military personnel to many forms of torture, deprivation, and humiliation, including sexual assault. Personnel with a high likelyhood of capture are encouraged to complete the course for survival skills and developing resistance as long as they have the means to do so.

Just another waterboarding apologist smokescreen you're tryint to set up now b/c. There's a lot of difference in your buddies waterboarding you when you know that no bodily harm is going to come to you as opposed to having it done by an enemy when you think you are going to die by drowning.

As the experts say, the emotional scars last for years or even indefinitely, not to mention the physical damage to the lungs and other body parts. For the military it's no more big a deal than doing the gas chamber routine with tear gas. They come out laughing with their eyes watering.

You pro-touture people are really sick and nobody is going to be fooled by your trickery because they have me here to expose all your lies and deceptions.

Edited by UShaditComing

Lighten up American hater....sharkman (no apologist) asked a question. No one is messing with your panties.

He mentioned it being done to the US military and you failed to inform him of the difference in having it done by unfriendly people. That makes you a torture apologist and an American apologist to boot.

We already established that you are dishonest and out of touch. :lol:

And I will decide if sharkman is an apologist or not thank you. If he hasn't come out yet and unequivocally condemned the practice of waterboarding then I have little hope for him.