A great Canadian forum

Finally a quality forum for Canadians! Here's hoping that the moderators aren't politically motivated one way or the other so that they start to censor views they don't like.

Are any of the people on this forum people who used to post on Sympatico or the CBC forum. Those two were closed down because they got too hot to handle and probably it had a lot to do with pressure to not hurt the feelings of Americans. Anybody here take part in those two?

Greg- Are you the same Greg who used to be a moderator on one of the US forums? From Alberta I believe.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a quality forum for Canadians! Here's hoping that the moderators aren't politically motivated one way or the other so that they start to censor views they don't like.

Are any of the people on this forum people who used to post on Sympatico or the CBC forum. Those two were closed down because they got too hot to handle and probably it had a lot to do with pressure to not hurt the feelings of Americans. Anybody here take part in those two?

Greg- Are you the same Greg who used to be a moderator on one of the US forums? From Alberta I believe.

I agree, this is a great forum. I can't speak for anybody else but in my time here, I have not seen any biased censoring by the moderators at all. This one is well run, as opposed to some others I have had the displeasure of participating in.

It is a great forum, with diverse views that are generally discussed with respect. You've started out here with a poor choice for a screen name, displaying your bias; you may be happy to have found the forum, but I will have to wait a bit and read more of your posts before I know if I'm happy you have found us. Here's hoping you're a positive addition to our community!

It is a great forum, with diverse views that are generally discussed with respect. You've started out here with a poor choice for a screen name, displaying your bias; you may be happy to have found the forum, but I will have to wait a bit and read more of your posts before I know if I'm happy you have found us. Here's hoping you're a positive addition to our community!

IOW, Melanie is telling you, 'it is NOT OKAY to have a DIVERSE view.

Post as you wish UDhaditComing, that is within forum rules.

Guest American Woman
You've started out here with a poor choice for a screen name, displaying your bias; you may be happy to have found the forum, but I will have to wait a bit and read more of your posts before I know if I'm happy you have found us.

His screen name translates to "pathetic loser" as far as I'm concerned, and tells me that his posts won't be worth my time. B)

Edited by American Woman

• Forum Admin

I'm from Alberta, but I've never moderated any other forum other Maple Leaf Web.

I'm glad you find these forums inviting,

Thanks

IOW, Melanie is telling you, 'it is NOT OKAY to have a DIVERSE view.

Post as you wish UDhaditComing, that is within forum rules.

Thanks Leafless, it's nice to learn who the 'good' people are early. I'm sure that if my name was Iraqhaditcoming then some Americans would not be whining. This is a political forum and I think it makes it clear right from the start when they see my name just what I believe.

And thank you Greg for the welcome. Actually now that I think of it I think it was a Craig who moderated another forum and was a little biased. Back in 2001 and 2002 a person would get banned from a forum for saying that the US had it coming and in fact I was banned from one of the US forums for suggesting it was US foreign policy which caused the hits on 9/11, as horrible as they were. Now there are a hundred books out there which are written on exactly that premise. Chalmers johnson's, 'Nemesis' is one I've just read and he's an American himself.

Just being new here I'm in the process of figuring out what the rules reallly are. Some of the people here such as in this thread even have made personal attacks against me already for my POV and it apparently goes unnoticed. That's the way I like it because I don't think it should be over-moderated. In one forum I took part in the same thing happened and I started to respond in kind because I got the impression that was the norm. Not so, because soon a moderator presented himself and banned me for my behaviour. He said that he had been correcting the ones who were hitting on me with rudeness all along. BS of course but you can't be too careful and it takes some time to learn the ropes. Biased mods usually make it pretty clear early on that you're getting on their nerves if that's the case. I don't tolerate that and I don't do temporary suspensions either.

Edited by UShaditComing

Guest American Woman
Back in 2001 and 2002 a person would get banned from a forum for saying that the US had it coming and in fact I was banned from one of the US forums for suggesting it was US foreign policy which caused the hits on 9/11, as horrible as they were.

And there we have it. What makes this such a great Canadian board is the freedom to say the U.S. had it coming. Explains why 49 of UShaditComing's 51 posts, the only 2 exceptions being the posts in this thread, are all in the United States Politics forum. B)

Edited by American Woman

And there we have it. What makes this such a great Canadian board is the freedom to say the U.S. had it coming. Explains why 49 of UShaditComing's 51 posts, the only 2 exceptions being the posts in this thread, are all in the United States Politics forum. B)

I'm trying to help Americans to begin to understand how bad it's gotten in the US and that will hopefully contribute in some small way to help to turn Americans against it's coming wars. Even delaying the next war by as little as a few minutes could help to save lives of the US's victims. Be they Venezuelans or Iranians, they are all important to me. Are you onside with me or are you one of the ones who support the coming wars?

Come join us there on the US Politics forum and say your piece.

I'm trying to help Americans to begin to understand how bad it's gotten in the US

Yea..me too ! I like going into my neighbours house and tell them how to live, cuz, ya know, they are so stupid.

They get mad and tell me to mind my own business, but I dont get it, I am only there to

" help them understand"

I'm sure that if my name was Iraqhaditcoming then some Americans would not be whining.

Actually, if you had used that name (Iraqhaditcoming) there would have been at least a dozen canuckleheads jumping on your ass within seconds - but because you choose to use a name that might be considered to be a put down of the U.S. of A. - and brought it to a canuck forum - those same canuckleheads will support you big time.

You may have found a home after all.

Borg

Actually, if you had used that name (Iraqhaditcoming) there would have been at least a dozen canuckleheads jumping on your ass within seconds - but because you choose to use a name that might be considered to be a put down of the U.S. of A. - and brought it to a canuck forum - those same canuckleheads will support you big time.

You may have found a home after all.

Borg

This post didnt work out well did it?

How embarassing for you, considering you are the only one who gave him thumbs up for the name. ...speaking of canuckleheads.

Nothing like trying to insult someone only to wind up with egg on the face. Want some toast with those eggs? LOL !!

Edited by guyser

This post didnt work out well did it?

How embarassing for you, considering you are the only one who gave him thumbs up for the name. ...speaking of canuckleheads.

Nothing like trying to insult someone only to wind up with egg on the face. Want some toast with those eggs? LOL !!

:lol:

Borg

Yea..me too ! I like going into my neighbours house and tell them how to live, cuz, ya know, they are so stupid.

They get mad and tell me to mind my own business, but I dont get it, I am only there to

" help them understand"

Get mad all you like but understand that your anger is the first step in the healing process. And above all have patience because it won't happen overnight.

I try not to think of the US as our neighbour anymore and prefer to think of it as the land of the gun or the evil empire to our south. In less than 8 short years how things have changed! And Canada is still one of your best friends in the world.

Guest American Woman

" help them understand"

Obviously "USHadItComing" doesn't get it, guyser.

Anyway, I'd like to point out that I can ignore his posts. I can deal with anyone posting their opinion and then deciding if it's something I want to subject myself to or not. What I find I can't deal with is basically having to see that 'the U.S. had it coming' 50 times a day as I scroll through the posts. I didn't realize it was staying with me, but it is, and as such, I'm going to be leaving-- at least for awhile. Maybe later I'll be able to handle it, but right now it's too emotional to have to see that over and over and there's no way to ignore it. I don't know how the other Americans on the board feel, but for me this is over the top.

Just wanted to explain where I'm coming from and why I won't be around.

Edited by American Woman

Anyway, I'd like to point out that I can ignore his posts. I can deal with anyone posting their opinion and then deciding if it's something I want to subject myself to or not. What I find I can't deal with is basically having to see that 'the U.S. had it coming' 50 times a day as I scroll through the posts. I didn't realize it was staying with me, but it is, and as such, I'm going to be leaving-- at least for awhile. Maybe later I'll be able to handle it, but right now it's too emotional to have to see that over and over and there's no way to ignore it. I don't know how the other Americans on the board feel, but for me this is over the top.

I agree, but you don't have to leave, just put him on ignore - it works :)-

I understand what you are saying, but I hate to see a troll disrupt the forum, driving away people who actually can contribute meaningfully to the topics. Don't stay away long.

Leafless, reread my post. I was giving "US had it coming" the benefit of the doubt, even though his choice of screen name is obviously imflammatory. Of course its OK to have diverse views. That's why we come to discussion forums, to hear what others have to say; sometimes we agree with them, and sometimes we don't. You seem to think that if someone disagrees with you, and expresses that disagreement, they are trying to inhibit your free speech. It would be a pretty boring forum, though, if we all just sat around agreeing with each other!

If felt the same way about the name Bush_cheney . When a person gives themselves a name that is antagonistic, they lose credibility before they even get going. It's a statement that signifies to me that they are not truly open to debate.

I hope you don't leave AW, you have much to offer. Your opinions are given in the true sense of debate, and are delivered in a respectful manner. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Edited by Carinthia

If felt the same way about the name Bush_cheney . When a person gives themselves a name that is antagonistic, they lose credibility before they even get going. It's a statement that signifies to me that they are not truly open to debate.

Gee....I thought it odd that someone would choose a name associated with Austrofascism, but to each his/her own.

Gee....I thought it odd that someone would choose a name associated with Austrofascism, but to each his/her own.

You thought wrong. My choice of name comes from the name of a ship that I once sailed on. She was owned by Cunard lines. I did notice however, that she listed a little to the left more often than she did to the right.

Edited by Carinthia