Obama Caught Plagiarizing

Obama was stating that "Just Words", such as "I have a dream" or "all men are equal" CAN make a difference.

Patrick was talking about the same thing yes, but it wasn't a plagarism it was two people talking about the same thing. These "just words" are important to the American people (or should be). "I have a dream", etc

If I am talking about advertising I might use the word "super spring sale". Am I plagarizing it because someone else used it? Of course not. We are both talking about a super spring sale just as Patrick and Obama were both talking about the importance and impact of "just words".

Obama deserves a chance, after all once you hit the bottom of the pit (Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton etal) there's nowhere to go but up!

Up up up! :lol:

Edited by Drea

I don't know if what Obama did was plagiarism. But the damage is done regardless of how much he tries to plead innocence.

If Clinton was ahead in the Dem campaign, IMO the mud would be aimed in the opposite direction. Anything goes when you're fighting for the big prize. If this keeps up, the GOP will score points over Dem internal gutter tactics.

...If Clinton was ahead in the Dem campaign, IMO the mud would be aimed in the opposite direction. Anything goes when you're fighting for the big prize. If this keeps up, the GOP will score points over Dem internal gutter tactics.

They always do....giving up one to three points each election just by peeing in each others cornflakes. Can't wait for the cat fight in Denver.

But Obama totally ripped off that guys' speech. The question is, did Obama do or did his team or speech writers do it without Obama himself knowing the original speech?

The guy from whom he "totally ripped off" the speech is his national campaign co-chair who gave him the line and asked him to use it.

But even if that weren't the case, it was a fabricated controversy. It was barely plagiarism to begin with, as it was just quotations from other speeches followed by the exclamation "just words!" Nothing like the "plagiarism" politicians commit every day throughout campaigns.

It was hilarious how Hillary, in her closing remarks of the last debate, used two lines that Bill Clinton and John Edwards used before her.

And when asked if she came up with the "change you can xerox" line, she had no comment.