Barack Hussein Obama

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad but lots of people happen to think that way. Kind of stupid but there ya go.

My 78 year old father lives in the sticks and has satellite. He watches Glen Beck (ack!) and some other wack job talking head -- a female, Nancy? somethingorother...and when I asked him who he thinks is going to win the Democratic nomination he said "Obama is a Muslim, so he can't win or the terrorists will take over!".

The talking heads are busily spreading the propaganda thick and heavy. :rolleyes:

... this is from my father, who in his younger days had a very open mind (voted for PET) ... I feel sad that he has now been instilled with unwarranted fear.

So even Canadians that live waaaay out in the sticks are not safe from the garbage being spewn. I'm trying to get him to get a computer so he can finally see balanced journalism.

My 78 year old father lives in the sticks and has satellite. He watches Glen Beck (ack!) and some other wack job talking head -- a female, Nancy? somethingorother...and when I asked him who he thinks is going to win the Democratic nomination he said "Obama is a Muslim, so he can't win or the terrorists will take over!".

The talking heads are busily spreading the propaganda thick and heavy. :rolleyes:

... this is from my father, who in his younger days had a very open mind (voted for PET) ... I feel sad that he has now been instilled with unwarranted fear.

So even Canadians that live waaaay out in the sticks are not safe from the garbage being spewn. I'm trying to get him to get a computer so he can finally see balanced journalism.

I too have satellite and have watched Glen (yuk) Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. I actually tune in to these extreme right wingers for amusement when I'm really, really bored and it's raining out and I have no housework or anything else productive to do and there is nothing else to watch.

I too have satellite and have watched Glen (yuk) Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. I actually tune in to these extreme right wingers for amusement when I'm really, really bored and it's raining out and I have no housework or anything else productive to do and there is nothing else to watch.

Instead of telling us of your distain for them why not tell us what you actually disagree with and why?

I have been listening to a lot of U.S. talk as I'm currently in Florida, so far I haven't heard much disdain at all for Obama or any of the 'talking heads' on Fox or elsewhere putting Obama down - if anything most of the media is giving him an almost hands off treatment, or treating him with kid gloves.

There is no propaganda suggesting that he might be a terrorist or anything else, that issue came from some email going the rounds. The big question is exactly what change does Obama stand for, he says a lot but there doesn't seem to much of anything concrete coming from him. Also, does this change take on the special interests in his own party such as the teachers' unions, the AARP or other big left wing lobby groups - I doubt it.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check, or Factheck.org said that Obama is being misleading when he says his healthcare proposal would "cover everyone." In fact, Factcheck.org says Obama's plan would make coverage available to all, but experts that the organization consulted estimate that 15 to 26 million Americans would not take it up unless required to do so, which means, the new policy would still leave almost half the currently un-insured, still un-insured. and so on... I doubt that he will change much of anything, and if he wins, those who voted for him will be in for a rude awakening.

August:

You'll have to explain more because I'm not getting receiving what you're sending.

Ronald Reagan and Pierre Trudeau, to pick two examples, spent most of their adult lives defending a few key ideas. When they were elected, everyone knew what they would defend. They won elections on these values but they didn't pander or politick on them. They believed and defended them and were stubborn about them.

Obama, OTOH, panders to the "hate America" crowd.

Yeah because no one ever campaigns behind the idea of change unless they hate America. As for "pandering": SFW. Find me a politician who doesn't pander.
Here's how the two spouses put it:
As Cindy McCain introduced her husband at a campaign event, she told the crowd "I am proud of my country. I don't know about you, if you heard those words earlier -- I am very proud of my country."

The comment seemed to be a response to a remark from Michelle Obama the day before. On Monday, she told a Wisconsin audience that "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback.... not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."

After Tuesday's event, the McCains were asked if the Arizona senator's wife had been responding to that comment. Cindy McCain did not directly answer the question, responding: "I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country."

CNN

IOW, Obama isn't really proud of America. Obama's view of change is to stop "America being Evil".

Edited by August1991

There is no propaganda suggesting that he might be a terrorist or anything else, that issue came from some email going the rounds. The big question is exactly what change does Obama stand for, he says a lot but there doesn't seem to much of anything concrete coming from him. Also, does this change take on the special interests in his own party such as the teachers' unions, the AARP or other big left wing lobby groups - I doubt it.

Agreed....it would be more of the same...only different!

The Annenberg Political Fact Check, or Factheck.org said that Obama is being misleading when he says his healthcare proposal would "cover everyone." In fact, Factcheck.org says Obama's plan would make coverage available to all, but experts that the organization consulted estimate that 15 to 26 million Americans would not take it up unless required to do so, which means, the new policy would still leave almost half the currently un-insured, still un-insured. and so on... I doubt that he will change much of anything, and if he wins, those who voted for him will be in for a rude awakening.

This is where Obama outsmarts Clinton, who didn't learn her lesson in the 1990's. Forcing all Americans to accept universal healthcare coverage is political suicide.

I have been listening to a lot of U.S. talk as I'm currently in Florida, so far I haven't heard much disdain at all for Obama or any of the 'talking heads' on Fox or elsewhere putting Obama down - if anything most of the media is giving him an almost hands off treatment, or treating him with kid gloves.
Not being in America now but when I was there a few weeks ago, that was my impression too.

The MSM has been treating Obama with kid gloves and this is what drove Bill Clinton to make his remarks in SC. In some ways, I think it's genuine. Many in the MSM like Obama. They consider him to be a "cool guy". For a hard slogging politician, it's really tough to be beat by a "cool guy" who makes it look effortless. This explains why Nixon hated Kennedy so.

HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!!!! You mean to tell me his middle name is HUSSEIN Well, that does it he must sympathize with the terrorists!!!!!!

I don't know if he sympathizes with terrorist but he could certainly remind people of the ongoing conflict in Iraq relating to Saddam Hussein and the many Americans that have died in that conflict.

And his last name Obama sounds like it comes from some tribe out of the African jungle and is not representative of American culture.

I think there is a certain arrogance retaining this name and running for president. This man is long overdue for a legal name change and until he does, would not get my vote because of that one reason alone.

I don't know if he sympathizes with terrorist but he could certainly remind people of the ongoing conflict in Iraq relating to Saddam Hussein and the many Americans that have died in that conflict.

Saddam is dead. His middle name might be a problem if it was "Hitler".

And his last name Obama sounds like it comes from some tribe out of the African jungle and is not representative of American culture.

See Oprah (Hebrew origin).....she is worth more than $1 billion. His daughters are named Malia and Sasha

I think there is a certain arrogance retaining this name and running for president. This man is long overdue for a legal name change and until he does, would not get my vote because of that one reason alone.

He can't get your vote no matter what his name is, unless you are an American citizen.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

He can't get your vote no matter what his name is, unless you are an American citizen.

We all know this is a Canadian board and I simply was implying 'if I was American' he would not get my vote.

This thread is under United States Politics and why are you replying in a critical manner as an American.

Seems like you really think Canadians are underdogs in respect to Americans and in fact should not even be discussing American politics or being critical relating to any aspect of American politics.

.... Seems like you really think Canadians are underdogs in respect to Americans and in fact should not even be discussing American politics or being critical relating to any aspect of American politics.

No, it is far simpler than that. Your post about arrogance was ironic given that you have no vote at all, yet you would tell an American to change his name.

I think Canadians will always discuss American politics, even if it is irrelevant. Some Canadians cannot define themselves without Americans as a foil.

No, it is far simpler than that. Your post about arrogance was ironic given that you have no vote at all, yet you would tell another American to change his name.

I might not have no vote but I am entitled to my opinion, SIR, and it is also about free speech.

I think Canadians will always discuss American politics, even if it is irrelevant.

Make certain you write MSM and tell them to politically ignore Canada with your forever ongoing boring presidential elections.

You might be doing many of us here in Canada a great favour.

Some Canadians cannot define themselves without Americans as a foil.

Then that must explain why more and more Americans are immigrating and taking up residence in Canada.

I might not have no vote but I am entitled to my opinion, SIR, and it is also about free speech.

Of course you have the right to state your opinion. As do I.

Make certain you write MSM and tell them to politically ignore Canada with your forever ongoing boring presidential elections.

Just change the channel. Choice is good.

Then that must explain why more and more Americans are immigrating and taking up residence in Canada.

To make up for the ten-fold number of Canadians going south (legally and illegally).

Of course you have the right to state your opinion. As do I.

Just change the channel. Choice is good.

To make up for the ten-fold number of Canadians going south (legally and illegally).

All the "candidates" are a threat to the security and prosperity of the USA. Obama - and I do not mean to be racist..has a small head and one needs a big brain to run the show..Hillary is a crazed Trotskite that loves being rich...and stealing the children of the poor, turning them into thrawls. McCaine is a black mail victim of dictitorial commie types that have the dirt on him - from his "war hero" days...what can I say - there is no leadership in the USA to speak of...it will be run by a domestic and off shore committee as usual who look upon the masses as animals. I adore the word opinion...because people foolishly take themselves furiously - opinion is theory and has as much relevance as saying "I think" this or that. - Politics in general is one huge massive dellusion done with the clever intent to supify and control the thrawls...it's insidious and if the people of America and Canada were to boycott the democracy that is a fraud..we would fair better eventually because embracing reality would bring about security, stablity and prosperity - at this rate - all we get is mayhem and plunder.

Ronald Reagan and Pierre Trudeau, to pick two examples, spent most of their adult lives defending a few key ideas. When they were elected, everyone knew what they would defend. They won elections on these values but they didn't pander or politick on them. They believed and defended them and were stubborn about them.

Obama, OTOH, panders to the "hate America" crowd.

Here's how the two spouses put it:CNN

IOW, Obama isn't really proud of America. Obama's view of change is to stop "America being Evil".

His wife doesn't appear to be proud of her Country

That’s what she said recently according to the news. (and not the first time)

“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” she told a Milwaukee crowd today, “because it feels like hope is making a comeback.”

Only her husband’s run for president has made her proud of America - Nothing America has done in Michelle Obama’s adult life, has made her proud of her country - graduating from Yale and Princeton hasn't made her proud. Guess she's not proud of the Civil Rights Act (1991) - Or Ruth Ginsburg’s elevation to the Supreme Court etc. etc.

Is she only now proud because she has a chance to be First Lady - too bad she tries to gain political points by bashing her own country.

All the "candidates" are a threat to the security and prosperity of the USA. Obama - and I do not mean to be racist..has a small head and one needs a big brain to run the show..

You are touting CRANIOMETRY as a means of choosing a political candidate? It's still 2008, isn't it? Did you just emerge from a time-machine or something?

How large is your own cranium, Oleg? Can you take some measurements and get back to us?

Hillary is a crazed Trotskite that loves being rich...and stealing the children of the poor, turning them into thrawls.

Hillary kidnaps kids? WTF?

Do you actually know what a Trotskyite is?

McCaine is a black mail victim of dictitorial commie types that have the dirt on him - from his "war hero" days...

McCain is The Manchurian Candidate? WTF?

what can I say - there is no leadership in the USA to speak of...it will be run by a domestic and off shore committee as usual who look upon the masses as animals. I adore the word opinion...because people foolishly take themselves furiously - opinion is theory and has as much relevance as saying "I think" this or that. - Politics in general is one huge massive dellusion done with the clever intent to supify and control the thrawls...it's insidious and if the people of America and Canada were to boycott the democracy that is a fraud..we would fair better eventually because embracing reality would bring about security, stablity and prosperity - at this rate - all we get is mayhem and plunder.

Embracing reality? Give it a try some time.

-k

Leafless.

Well, because it is. Or have you forgot the fact his bilogical father was from Kenya, which is in Africa. You know the fact that you keep hounding on and is a factor of why you won't trust/vote for the man. Those are some deep rooted prejudices. Baseless too.

Then you are Clueless as well as Leafless. By that, I should not trust anyone with the name BUSH anywhere in their name, because well, I very much dislike GW Bush. At least I have a basis to hate the name BUSH, you are just grasping at straws.

Regulus De Leo

Instead of telling us of your distain for them why not tell us what you actually disagree with and why?

Bill-O, Hannity, and the like are idiots. It's hard to describe, but their simplistic rhetoric is so simplistic that it is counterintuitive. I have seen Bill-O bitch about certain things, that we are pandering to them by putting them on TV, then later on in another FOX program they give lip service to the very same thing they complain against. Hypocritical. Also they dig so much on the insignifigant that it is distracting the gullible to focus on something that equates to shit. Also, it is how those people interview others with another view. They are called, nutcases, secular progressives, loony left, PINHEAD, ect ect. This is not journalism. It is what it is. Opininated peices that should be for the most part ignored. I too watch BillO and company, this way I can counter act those I run into that had fallen under the hynotic spell of Bill-O and the like.

Scriblett

but experts that the organization consulted estimate that 15 to 26 million Americans would not take it up unless required to do so, which means, the new policy would still leave almost half the currently un-insured, still un-insured. and so on...

You cannot force people to get insurance if they do not want it. If they did not want it before, they still don't want it now. I fail to see how this is an issue. Now those who want health care, and cannot afford it now, and may be able to under the new system, that is where it will make the difference.

also

His wife doesn't appear to be proud of her Country.

I think this thing on Obama's wife is a distraction. Anything the talking heads can get their hands on to slander someone, to ridcule them.

Only her husband’s run for president has made her proud of America - Nothing America has done in Michelle Obama’s adult life, has made her proud of her country - graduating from Yale and Princeton hasn't made her proud. Guess she's not proud of the Civil Rights Act (1991) - Or Ruth Ginsburg’s elevation to the Supreme Court etc. etc.

Graduating from Princeton or any university is a personal pride, and has nothing to do with national pride.

I don't buy it. You're grossly overstating the pull of ideas over image and rhetoric. Reagan was Reagan because of his folksy image, his Hollywood pedigree and down home demeanor. Trudeau was sexy, feisty and charismatic. What they stood for was far less important than what they looked like. Al Gore was a smarty-pants who lost to the guy folks thought they would feel comfortable having a beer with.

Style trumps substance. Image is king. No one gives a shit about ideas anymore.

Leafless.

Well, because it is. Or have you forgot the fact his bilogical father was from Kenya, which is in Africa. You know the fact that you keep hounding on and is a factor of why you won't trust/vote for the man. Those are some deep rooted prejudices. Baseless too.

Why all the praise for his Muslim African father and he hardly mentions his White mother who raised the lad alone from the age of two although she remarried when he was six, this time to a radical Muslim from Indonesia.

I don't have any deep rooted prejudices, but there are simply to many conflicting Obama stories floating around that I feel totally uncomfortable with that cannot be adequately proven to be untrue.