Pet Peeves

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inconsiderate drivers:

That includes,

Drivers who honk because you came to a full stop at the stop sign and let the senior citizen in the walker slowly cross the strike (and variations on that theme).

Drivers who don't stop at stop signs or feel the first 3 deconds of a red light don't count.

Drivers who don't pay attention because they are on the phone.

Drivers who park on the corner.

Driver who race ahead of you in the turning lane, and then don't turn but go straight.

For me its laptops in general. A high priced piece of junk that gets tossed aside in a few years.

Absolutley agree. We have a couple of laptops at my office and I have had to use them on occasion, which was enough for me to know I'd never own one. Unless of course I became rich enough to be able to throw the thing out the window on a whim.

My pet peeve are sales people in the smaller stores who answer the phone just as I get to the cash register. I then have to wait while the phone person gets served immediately over me who has already been standing in line for 10 minutes. :angry:

Edited by Carinthia

My pet peeve are sales people in the smaller stores who answer the phone just as I get to the cash register. I then have to wait while the phone person gets served immediately over me who has already been standing in line for 10 minutes. :angry:

Do what I do. I stand there until they are off the phone. Plenty of times the person is talking to a friend while ringing the sale thru , they look at you for the money and I just stand there waiting.....and then tell them, when you are thru with your call we will finish this.

Usually a snicker or two from people in line....

Courtesy or lack of it drives me nuts. If I hold a door for someone they better say thanks.

Last time I mentioned this I was roundly mocked, but I'm game to say it again! One of my pet peeves is poor grammar and spelling, particularly the use of the words there, their, and they're. I mark a lot of essays, and it constantly amazes me that people can get to post secondary education and not be able to use those three words correctly.

I dislike arm chair warriors. People who look at war like a chest game. Or people that judge commanders of men without ever being in the military themself. Think of it like John madden evaluating football players without ever having played or coached the game. You would be like what the hell do you know? A prime example of this, The blackwater hearings in the senate. The Senate hearing committee kept going back to an incident in which a blackwater employee accidently shot an iraqi civilian while being shot at himself. I promise you one thing, Put a gun in that senators hands and start shooting at him and see if he shoots back.

I dislike arm chair warriors. People who look at war like a chest game. Or people that judge commanders of men without ever being in the military themself. Think of it like John madden evaluating football players without ever having played or coached the game. You would be like what the hell do you know? A prime example of this, The blackwater hearings in the senate. The Senate hearing committee kept going back to an incident in which a blackwater employee accidently shot an iraqi civilian while being shot at himself. I promise you one thing, Put a gun in that senators hands and start shooting at him and see if he shoots back.

There are plenty of problems with this.

Some of the best coaches never played the game at a high level.

There seems to have been enough "problems" with Blackwater to justify a hearing. None of the people in the senate played baseball either....I am just saying.

And who is in charge of the US military ?

Frustration? Sure, we all are, but the world will always have monday morning qb's, or arm chair warriors.

Speaking of drivers...how about drivers who stop at a stop sign or red light halfway through the crosswalk so that pedestrians have to walk around their car. Or drivers who make RIGHT turns at red lights while looking LEFT for oncoming traffic. In other words, they are not looking where they are going. Meanwhile there are pedestrians who have the walk signal and the right of way, but the drivers are looking in the wrong direction and don't see these pedestrians. Combine these two things and you have drivers stopping halfway through the crosswalk at a red light before making a right-hand turn but are looking left, so that the pedestrians who have the right of way have to walk around the car into the intersection, and just as they are in front of the car, the driver starts driving while looking in the opposite direction!! I've almost been hit several times that way.

Also:

People who piss on toilet seats

Bubble gum

Sniffing/snorting

People who stand on escalators/moving sidewalks & block other people from passing - as if the fact that the ground below you is moving is an excuse to stop walking.

People who don't cover their mouth when they cough

In traffic waiting to turn left onto a street through 20 mins of cars going by and FINALLY seeing a break in the traffic to allow you to go through and wouldn't you know it! -- a frigging PEDESTRIAN walking. People, be aware of your surroundings! Be aware that you are now taking up the ONLY BREAK in traffic and if I knew where you lived, Mr. Pedestrian Idiot, I would egg your house.

Wake up pedestrians! People in cars are not just out for a Sunday drive -- we have places to go and things to do -- get out of the way already!

There are plenty of problems with this.

Some of the best coaches never played the game at a high level.

There seems to have been enough "problems" with Blackwater to justify a hearing. None of the people in the senate played baseball either....I am just saying.

And who is in charge of the US military ?

Frustration? Sure, we all are, but the world will always have monday morning qb's, or arm chair warriors.

O Im not arguing that, but the topic is about what frustrates you or are your pet peeves. That just happens to be one of mine.

my peeves:

people who throw garbage on the ground

dog owners who do not scoop there dog's poop.

drivers who do not use there signals

drivers on cell-phones

drivers who cut off pedestrians in crosswalks ( sorry drea, but the pedestrian's right of way in the crosswalk, supersedes the driver)

Finally as an avid cyslist, drivers who do not allow the bicyclist the space they are entitled to on the roadway.

Edited by kuzadd

Being interrupted, or people who start every sentence with "No, ...."

I'm more of a "Well, you got a point, but I think...." kind of person so I don't like the dogmatic "No" approach to disagreeing with someone.

Those are my pet-peeves.... today anyway. That's because I had to hold a meeting with a guy from our office who kept doing both of those things. Catch me on a road-rage day and I'll probably bring up people's driving habits.

- small aisles in the grocery store

- carrying a purse

- cleaning

- cooking, but now I have some cook books, yay

- silly ring tones on executives phones

- searching for the remote

- swearing

- giving someone alternative names in the form of ridicule e.g. billary or mudslinging/mis-match two people pictures and call it art/cartoon

- the perception that men are smarter than women

- adults who still blame their parents

- folks who say money can't buy happiness

- leaving the bag of milk in the container with a few drops of milk

- people who are upset over small things

I see that I can still humor myself

I work in the service industry,

as a Butcher in a small Grocery

store.

What really peeves me is when

a person stops in front of our service

counter and gestures to me while

they are still talking on the phone,but forces

me to wait until they finish talking

often taking their time before actually

getting off the phone and telling me what they want.

I want to take that phone and shove it up their

pretentious little a--es! :angry:

The customer is always right -Yeah Right!

Thanks,I feel better now

Last time I mentioned this I was roundly mocked, but I'm game to say it again! One of my pet peeves is poor grammar and spelling, particularly the use of the words there, their, and they're. I mark a lot of essays, and it constantly amazes me that people can get to post secondary education and not be able to use those three words correctly.

Add the almost universally mis-spelled word in the internet age:

'Loose' when they mean to say 'lose'.

wtf is up with that?

If you're a fan,you'll be happy to know,

he announcing a tour in February,mostly

to recoup his some of his retirement

funds he got defrauded out of.

I am happy to hear that!

I was also aware of the loss of his wealth, extremely unfortunate.

I shall cherish my poetry book , believe me, and yes, It really is autographed by Leonard Cohen, I couldn't be more pleased. I do mean the real Leonard Cohen, though.

I was merely having a bit o'fun with ya.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Up talk.

The word "like."

Misuse and overuse of the words "literally" and "absolutely"

People who spit on the sidewalk.

Dog owners.

Litterers.

Cellphones in restaurants

The decline of customer service standards. I'm sorry to interrupt your little chat about your drunken IM conversation with your ex-boyfriend last night, but I am pretty sure you're getting paid to provide customer service. I am the customer. Serve me. Oh, and don't look so put out; it's not my fault you wanted a BFA...on the other hand, I also hate aggressive salespeople. Look, I don't care what you name is or how happy you are to help, I just want you to get me a goddamn pair of these in a goddamn size 10 and a half. Capice?

I'm a very peevish person.

Up talk.

The word "like."

Misuse and overuse of the words "literally" and "absolutely"

People who spit on the sidewalk.

Dog owners.

Litterers.

Cellphones in restaurants

The decline of customer service standards. I'm sorry to interrupt your little chat about your drunken IM conversation with your ex-boyfriend last night, but I am pretty sure you're getting paid to provide customer service. I am the customer. Serve me. Oh, and don't look so put out; it's not my fault you wanted a BFA...on the other hand, I also hate aggressive salespeople. Look, I don't care what you name is or how happy you are to help, I just want you to get me a goddamn pair of these in a goddamn size 10 and a half. Capice?

I'm a very peevish person.

Like I am ON the phone, and Ill like serve ya in a second ok...dont absolutely go nuts on me old man

Up speak...I forgot that one and it to me, is a sign of insecurity , and mainly by young women.