A Muslim inmate has won $2,000 for bacon insult

ScottSA

What a confusing, poorly written and organized first link. And the earlier link you dug up, skepticfiles, is hardly an objective source with which to base anything. When I read jbg's post, I assumed he was refering to nationality when speaking of Jews in prisons. Interesting that you assumed the opposite. I guess that's what makes people unique.

at any rate, when counting nationalities, Jews are incarcerated at a rate far under their percentage of the population. If we wanted to point to a group of people who's numbers far exceed their population, that would be Blacks, but who's counting.

Edit: What your adherents web site actually proves without realizing it, is there are no atheists in foxholes. How many claiming an intimate knowledge of the Almighty are actually practicing Christians of one faith or another is one thing no researcher can accurately find out. But they do what they can, hoping for hits on their web page.

He said Jews in prisons as a generality. I am not sure what you mean by nationalities. Can you be specific?

I didn't make any claim about atheism one way or the other.

As for the stats, I keep finding that 1.4% of the population in prison is Jewish which is what the population is in the U.S.

If you can find something elsewhere that says differently, by all means...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever stop to consider that sitting on death row is conducive to adopting some form of religious belief? Faint hope is better than none.
The hangman's noose concentrates the mind wonderfully.

ScottSA sez

Are you accusing Jews of being crooks?

Points for brevity. You're learning.

jbg

Common everyday experience. Black Dog, in your heart of hearts, on that clear morning of September 11, 2001 after you knew two planes hit the Twin Towers, did you have any doubt as to who the author was? Some points are so obviously they don't need cites. The term of art is "judicial notice" when in a Court, the idea being that if everybody knows something the Courts do to.

Er, except the notion that Jews are somehow less criminally inclined than any other race is not self-evident. Nor, apparently, is it true.

Mostly white collar crimes, in all likelihood. Financial fraud is our funnybone.

Are Jews in prison for white collar crimes somehow less in prison than if they were in for something else? And I believe the term you're looking for is "Achilles heel."

Edited by Black Dog

Guest American Woman
(American Woman @ Sep 24 2007, 07:59 PM) *

And totally lacking in factual content too, since I cited several links regarding Jews suing for the right to have kosher food in prison.

Please repost. I am not going to look for a needle in a haystack.

In a way, those links, if they exist are like "man bites dog" being news.

They're in this thread. Do your own homework. This is the second time in as many days that you asked me to repost links; and when I did the first time, you read the headline and considered yourself an expert on the article. I won't be wasting my time like that again. And no, they are not like "man bites dog" being news.

And the links do exist, so be careful of what you're insinuating. Perhaps you should devote more time to reading what others have to say and less time merely spouting off.

Edited by American Woman

jbg two examples from the top of my head: JDL's Irv Rubin and The Purple Gang - look em up!! In fact isn't the JDL on the terror list for the bombings they have planned to carry out? Hmmmm?? (AFAIR they were also responsible for a fire bombing up here in TO).

NO group has the corner of the market on crime!!

Oh and as for the pork thing - wasn't that already discussed here??

Why is this guy some sort of freak for wanting something else other than bacon?

What is so unbelievably outlandish about that?

Why not give him something else other than bacon?

Whys is this a huge deal to you?

What is so unbelievably outlandish about that???

You, yourself found it outlandish!

Well, I have no doubt that you consider his actions outlandish. So do I.

And may I remind you...

This man is an inmate in prison! He is there for doing crime!

Drat, he eats better than a lot of our children....some children couldn't even afford the luxury of having any breakfast!

Therefore it is a big deal just for the reason I just gave.....plus that the government had to shell out $2000 for his frivolous complaint! Expenses of frivolous complaints...if we're going to entertain them.....should be shouldered by the complainee!

As an aside...

Frankly speaking, the way some of you are carrying the torch for this man makes it seem like you all have wet dreams about him!

Tell me you guys are not some of those we watch on tabloid shows, who are into romantic relationships with those on death rows! :P

Edited by betsy

Well, he did something you wouldn't. If it had have been you, and they put three earthworms on your plate would you eat them? Say 'hold the worms please sir' or say 'may I have something other than worms please?'

To you and ScottSA, the answer to that question determines wether you are a thug or not.

Did they put earthworms on that Muslim's plate?

Hah! If I were that Muslim, boy...I'd be leery now about the food they give me.

I'd be betting there'll be a multitude of spit on it! :lol:

Why is this something that YOU would do?

Recall - the one who smells it usually dealt it... ;):P

Ouch! A good thing I didn't say anything about the perverted rape that goes on in prison....otherwise you'd be implying I do those kinda things. :rolleyes:

I've suspected you've been hovering around in your own dream world....but it never, ever, occurred to me just how far off you are from solid ground.

An article in the paper long time ago had talked about some of this "retaliatory" practices by some kitchen staff in some kitchens.

They were writing about restaurants for the general public. What are the chances this wouldn't be possible in the jailhouse?

And I bet spit won't be the only thing he'd get if authorities follow the suggestion of one of the officers...that everyone shouldn't be getting bacon anymore! ;)

Edited by betsy

jbg two examples from the top of my head: JDL's Irv Rubin and The Purple Gang - look em up!! In fact isn't the JDL on the terror list for the bombings they have planned to carry out? Hmmmm?? (AFAIR they were also responsible for a fire bombing up here in TO).

NO group has the corner of the market on crime!!

Oh and as for the pork thing - wasn't that already discussed here??

jbg is making the INCREDIBLE and NON-CREDIBLE claim that Jewish people are less criminal??

This is quite hilarious, and incredulous. A perusal of the Jewish press, shows that people in Israel, Jewish people are as inclined to crime, as any other countries population.

Gosh I was reading haaretz, as I often do, along with numerous other foreign news sites, and yup there is crime committed by Jewish people, OMG!!!

Inc., but not limited to government officials, Olmert, most recently, the neo-nazi group, bashing heads, and previous extensive bouts of terrorism.

Yah, know why?

Because, the Jewish people, are people, they are fallible, prone to error, and hot-headedness, and foolishness , errors in judgement, etc., They are human beings, just like the rest of us!

That's all there is to it!

To say otherwise is to spout nonsense.

Edited by kuzadd

I am responding to the post above, and lack the time to use the wonderful quoting wizard.

I have never said that Jews don't commit crimes. What I'm saying is that we commit crimes (as jdobbin pointed out) in rough proportion to our percentage of the population. And I would expect those who observe dietary laws, and are not simply raising the need for Kosher compliance in order to get better food (something I'll plead guilty to doing on airlines) are likely to be involved in crime in slightly less than proportional levels. That means, at best, 1% to2% of prison population will be Jewish, and keven fewer will be Kosher adherant. It is thus possible, but not likely, that the food issue could arise with Jewish prisoners.

Not sure why you are surprised AW, its always the same conservatives saying such things. Always.

It's funny how it used to be conservatives (read "rightwing") who were always accused of hating Jews, eh? Funny neo-liberals (and I use this term to distinguish between classical liberal thinkers and the mushy slew of groupthink that now passes for liberalism in the west) have found that it's rather trendy to embrace barbarians and slag Jews. Well, maybe not too surprising...the virulent anti-semitism of the liberal establishment prior to 1938 is one of the enduring and little mentioned glories of said hodgepodge of utopian fools.

But what bothers me is the dishonesty of the left. I hate Islam. I don't mind individual Muslims, as long as they aren't waving around a ring-pull and hollering a bunch of words that start with "a". I even know a few Sufists who are quite nice and sane people. But I hate Islam, and I make no bones about it. Further, I think the "Islamophobics" among us are quite straightforward about our collective disdain.

But the neo-liberals are not straightforward or even honest. Instead they invent euphemisms like "Zionists" and make sly allusions to "interest groups" as if Jews have a monopoly on interest groups. Stripped of the bullshit though, what they really mean is exactly what Hitler meant: a conspiracy of Jews. It's antisemitism without the common decency to be honest about it.

Go to jail - lose your rights.

Eat what is on your plate or go hungry.

Every major city has homeless that would love to have that food.

Hard labour and low cal food for the folks behind bars.

Subsistance diet is adequate.

Got a complaint? Stay out of jail and you can make your own dietary choices.

Borg

It's funny how it used to be conservatives (read "rightwing") who were always accused of hating Jews, eh? Funny neo-liberals (and I use this term to distinguish between classical liberal thinkers and the mushy slew of groupthink that now passes for liberalism in the west) have found that it's rather trendy to embrace barbarians and slag Jews. Well, maybe not too surprising...the virulent anti-semitism of the liberal establishment prior to 1938 is one of the enduring and little mentioned glories of said hodgepodge of utopian fools.

But what bothers me is the dishonesty of the left. I hate Islam. I don't mind individual Muslims, as long as they aren't waving around a ring-pull and hollering a bunch of words that start with "a". I even know a few Sufists who are quite nice and sane people. But I hate Islam, and I make no bones about it. Further, I think the "Islamophobics" among us are quite straightforward about our collective disdain.

But the neo-liberals are not straightforward or even honest. Instead they invent euphemisms like "Zionists" and make sly allusions to "interest groups" as if Jews have a monopoly on interest groups. Stripped of the bullshit though, what they really mean is exactly what Hitler meant: a conspiracy of Jews. It's antisemitism without the common decency to be honest about it.

An excellent post Scott. The left hides it's true feelings/intentions concerning many issues.

An excellent post Scott. The left hides it's true feelings/intentions concerning many issues.

I have observed that the more partisan they are, the more they act in this manner. I think this is intentionally done to drive home the message that their ideology on many issues is far different from the right. It's as if they want to widen the chasm between the two. This puts true leftists in a precarious position. The more the right moves toward the middle of the political spectrum, the more left they must move themselves to make these differences more prominent.

I think news like this should become high-profiled. It's these little things that escape the spotlights that I'm sure truly reflect the reality of what's going on.

If it was a Jewish person, would you be promoting it, to a high profile?

because, as we have established it is a reality, that Jewish people have also demanded dietary consideration, so should that be high profile to, or just because it is a Muslim???

Does your opinion lie on the act itself, or the person perpetrating???

Are you outraged over all special demands?

or just Muslim special demands?