The 21st Century Male Role

From the way things are shaping up now, real fast too....it seems to me what used to be the natural male role is now being decimated.

The world would be in a better shape today, they say, if politics were run by women. And a lot of MPs from the Liberals and NDP agree.

Two women raising children, they say, is much better than having any of you guys doing your share.

I take it some would really prefer that you stay out of the picture when it comes to children....or "family."

You are constantly portrayed as an insensitive oaf, your brains practically resides somewhere below your navel. Now it seems, you are also regarded as an hindrance.

Those who know it all think that there might still be some hope for you....that maybe, you are not all that stupid after all.

Like dogs, you'll just have to go through some obedience training.

Is this where you want to be....guys?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that someone is watching too much daytime TV.

The last time I checked, all the leaders of the G-8 countries were men (except one). All the leaders of Canada's 10 provinces and the leaders of its four federal parties are men. I count some 10 women governors of the 50 in the US.

All the CEOs of the five major Canadian banks are men. The major actors in the Conrad Black trial are men. Segolene Royal lost. And Margaret Thatcher has retired.

When male fashion models earn the same as female fashion models, you can get back to me.

I think there may be something to what Betsy is saying, partially anyway.

Consider advertisements: they very often include a 'humorous' reference to male incompetence, or they use a male or maleness as the butt of their wit.

Betsy, is, way off base in her erroneous gender baiting. August pointed out some reasons why s/he is.

And I can point out to any number of commercials that depict women in a negative light, in as much, or more, as any depicting men suchly. Try watching TV one day and keep track eh?! Instead of listening to the absolute hogwash that is being distributed by the Dominionists.

It seems to me that someone is watching too much daytime TV.

The last time I checked, all the leaders of the G-8 countries were men (except one). All the leaders of Canada's 10 provinces and the leaders of its four federal parties are men. I count some 10 women governors of the 50 in the US.

All the CEOs of the five major Canadian banks are men. The major actors in the Conrad Black trial are men. Segolene Royal lost. And Margaret Thatcher has retired.

SO?

Maybe you should concentrate more in reading than watching Oprah. Lol.

Whether there are enough women in politics is not my topic. There's too many liberal women and liberal men in politics. But that's another story.

I'm talking about why liberal men are so willing to be emasculated.

Betsy, is, way off base in her erroneous gender baiting. August pointed out some reasons why s/he is.

Why don't you take reading lessons with August. If you're both "men" you could hold hands in class.

Lol! I can't resist that! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

And I can point out to any number of commercials that depict women in a negative light, in as much, or more, as any depicting men suchly. Try watching TV one day and keep track eh?! Instead of listening to the absolute hogwash that is being distributed by the Dominionists.

I can think of a lot of commercials that put men in a negative light too.

So?

Are you going to start worrying about the marketing mind? Besides marketers know what sells.

Again, that's another topic!

I think there may be something to what Betsy is saying, partially anyway.

Consider advertisements: they very often include a 'humorous' reference to male incompetence, or they use a male or maleness as the butt of their wit.

You're right. But it's the symptom of the disease. Not the disease itself.

The disease is liberal men willingly accepting this role.

Easy now. Believe me, there is no one I listen to less than dominionists.

I actually am basing my opinion on what I percieve in commercials I actually see. Women don't seem to be negatively represented, unless you consider sexy negative. (I don't.)

But I remember seeing some old-style ads or even shows where there was a lot of 'humor' involving women being stupid or absurdly incompetent. Now men are cast in that same role, and I don't see it as any funnier or appropriate, frankly.

Easy now. Believe me, there is no one I listen to less than dominionists.

I actually am basing my opinion on what I percieve in commercials I actually see. Women don't seem to be negatively represented, unless you consider sexy negative. (I don't.)

But I remember seeing some old-style ads or even shows where there was a lot of 'humor' involving women being stupid or absurdly incompetent. Now men are cast in that same role, and I don't see it as any funnier or appropriate, frankly.

Well, Betsy is spouting nothing but Dominionist propaganda in this gender baiting thread in the affirmative.

Women being cast in the sexy role is negative and harmful to women actually.

Seriously, actually take a day and watch TV and see how many commercials depict women foolishly and men, keep score and you will find your premise off base, as off base as Betsy's are.

You are constantly portrayed as an insensitive oaf, your brains practically resides somewhere below your navel. Now it seems, you are also regarded as an hindrance.

Those who know it all think that there might still be some hope for you....that maybe, you are not all that stupid after all.

Seriously Betsy, your references are to daytime TV and to specific types of men. Popular media appreciates the differences in men. Some men are jerks; other men are cool. There's Fred Flintstone, and then Pierre Trudeau or Bill Clinton. Betsy, what do you think of Sean Connery?

How does the media portray women?

Betsy, ever heard of Alan Greenspan? There has never been a governor of a central bank in any country ever who happened to be a woman. None, ever. Do the math on the chance of that.

Betsy:

Is this where you want to be....guys?

Where is that? You havn't specified except in terms of a television commercial.

Catch, August and Peter,

Lose the cable tv. LOL

Actually, what are you all on about television?? I hardly watch television!

Fyi, television is no big part of my topic. Television is only THE MESSENGER.

It is where it's getting the message to relay....THAT IS the issue!

And the issue is that LIBERAL MEN HAVE ALLOWED THEMSELVES TO BE EMASCULATED BY THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT!

These women had cleverly reversed the gender role. If there is anything proven...it is that you liberal men have been OUTSMARTED.

The irony is that the feminist movement is based on the lie that men were responsible for women's SO-CALLED inferior position in society. This of course, is a lie. The evolution of our society was responsible for their position. And women let it happen. As I've said before in a another thread, power was the essential factor, not gender. Men had it, and women were less likely to have the facility or the capability of attaining that power. The feminist movement found a way.

Now, women ARE responsible for the complexion of society...because they had created a gender-consciousness that dominates decision-making in our society.

You liberal men are not only letting it happen...you are encouraging it to happen.

Like bees, you support the queen that would eventually cause your demise.

You liberal men are not only letting it happen...you are encouraging it to happen.

Like bees, you support the queen that would eventually cause your demise.

Geez, you make it sound like that's a bad thing.

I suppose to a liberal man, it's not. Being a drone anyway...

Betsy,

Women are still moms and wives. Men are still fathers and husbands.

The only thing that's changed is the fact that women (most of us westen women) now have an equal say in life.

This is a very good thing -- as we make up 50% of the population -- our thoughts and opinions need to be heard and heeded.

What does an emasculated man act like? What does he do differently than a "non-emasculated" man would do?

Please clarify.