Not Criminally Responsible law puts society at risk

blackbird

24 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Get some psychiatric help. Your post was creepy and disturbing.

I am getting psychiatric help as we speak - it is called Eccentric Cabernet Sauvignon - Argentina - you dumb f* 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

I also get that an ancient supernatural belief informs most if not all of your thinking

Except that God is a reality in the here and now.  Where do you think everything came from? 

"7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."  Proverbs 1:7

on its own completely rules out your credibility on the topic.

Afraid you have lost all credibility some time ago just with your comments concerning Israel and the middle east conflict alone.  

She's certainly entitled to her opinions on the subject. Get back to us when judiciaries start using her work to rule that NCR rulings should be disallowed because psychiatry has everything wrong. In the meantime psychiatry has and is providing relief to millions upon millions of people around the world.

I've got news for you.  The truth is psychiatry and psychology in general is way off base and untrustworthy.

Did you know the American Psychological Association denies sex is binary and supports a range of gender identities?

" “Psychologists understand that gender is a nonbinary construct that allows for a range of gender identities and that a person’s gender identity may not align with sex assigned at birth.” (APA, 2015, p. 834)."

Their national association passed a resolution supporting this.

APA Resolution on Gender Identity Change Efforts

Yet you support these people making critical (subjective) claims in court concerning murderers.

Edited by blackbird

In the meantime psychiatry has and is providing relief to millions

Psychiatry in general appears to support gender transitioning and does not oppose it.

What does that tell you?  They have no common sense or moral compass.

Position Statement on Treatment of Transgender (Trans) and Gender Diverse Youth (psychiatry.org)

21 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The truth is psychiatry and psychology in general is way off base and untrustworthy.

Psychiatry is sure a lot more forgiving towards religion than the other way around. In many cases religion is incorporated into treatment but I doubt it could be in your case. Probably risperdal for you.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What caused the big bang and where did the material come from? 

Like the neural basis for consciousness, they're working on it.

Edited by eyeball

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

forgiving towards religion

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Psychiatry is sure a lot more forgiving towards religion

What does that mean?  You love to throw out sound bites that have no meaning.

You still have not explained where the big bang came from.

Edited by blackbird

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What does that mean?

It means precisely what it says.

You didn't know psychiatry incorporates religion with treatment where it's appropriate?

Why are you weighing in on things you have no knowledge of?

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You still have not explained where the big bang came from.

Cosmologists think it was a quantum fluctuation.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

That's definitely what they think. They have nothing to hide.

You said "quantum fluctuation"  which means nothing.  You will have to do a better job explaining yourself if you want anybody to take it seriously.  It shouldn't be that hard to explain unless you just pulled the words out of a book somewhere.

Any honest scientist would tell you something does not come from nothing.  So where did the big bang come from?  Most scientists will tell you there had to be a beginning at some point.  What caused that beginning and what was it, in layman's terms?

Of course they have something to hide.   They don't want to admit they simply don't know the answer.  So they come up with a bizarre theory with no explanation of where it came from or how it started.

Edited by blackbird

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It's the same thing.  Natives claim....

You are f^cking stupid aren't you? Pineapples and watermelons are both fruits, so NCR and being native are both 'excuses'?
NCR means you are not criminally responsible, not a criminal. Pleading native circumstances of your upbringing might reduce your sentence. You are still a criminal.

And sadly at having to point this out to utter blockheads once again, NCR cases do not simply walk away free.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You said "quantum fluctuation"  which means nothing.  You will have to do a better job explaining yourself if you want anybody to take it seriously.  It shouldn't be that hard to explain unless you just pulled the words out of a book somewhere.

Any honest scientist would tell you something does not come from nothing.  So where did the big bang come from?  Most scientists will tell you there had to be a beginning at some point.  What caused that beginning and what was it, in layman's terms?

Of course they have something to hide.   They don't want to admit they simply don't know the answer.  So they come up with a bizarre theory with no explanation of where it came from or how it started.

Just before you dig yourself any deeper and remembering i don't have a dog in the fight, miraculously Eyeball isn't entirely wrong here. 

First - physics absolutely agrees 100 percent that something can come from nothing. It's really complicated but that's  just the way it is. In fact that happens randomly all the time but usually when that does occur an equal 'negative' something shows up and they cancel each other out. 

Secondly - whlie the math does not yet support it there is a working theory at the moment suggests that, as he says, the big bang may well have been a result in significant fluctuations in the quantum fields. Before that it was generally held that it was maybe a result of quantum probability fluctuations or the collapse of singularities or the like. 

In any case there are numerous plausable working theories as to what existed before and how the big bang started, so if you were hoping to win on that basis you might be out of luck.  Just thought i'd give you a heads up. 

7 minutes ago, herbie said:

You are f^cking stupid aren't you?

Why, because I thought you'd be able to understand a basic argument if presented with reason and facts? Overly optimistic might be a better way of phrasing it. :)

Pineapples and watermelons are both fruits, so NCR and being native are both 'excuses'?ee.

Ummm....   i'm sure that made sense in your head when you thought of it but i think your logic train derailed before it quite got to the station.  :)   The fact that two things do in fact happen to be fruits does not imply that two other completely unrelated things may or may not have a relationship with each other.

I think you are a bit of a fruit sometimes if that helps :)  

NCR means you are not criminally responsible, not a criminal. Pleading native circumstances of your upbringing might reduce your sentence. You are still a criminal.

Irrelevant. In both cases it is being pled that someone is less of a criminal to one degree or another and that they "Could not help themselves". 

Well it might be true that in the case of the first nations person they are only 50% less guilty and in the case of the child killing mass murderer they are 100% less guilty in the eyes of the court, both arguments are the same argument. " I am not fully responsible for my actions because 'mental health'. "

And sadly at having to point this out to utter blockheads once again, NCR cases do not simply walk away fr

Of course they do.  They face no punishment. There's no consequence. They receive medical treatment same as anyone with an illness or injury and then they're released. 

You said it yourself, they're considered not criminally responsible.  No consequences for someone who's innocent.  ANd if the truamatized mother happens to run into the man who slaughtered her kids, oh well. That's no problem. 

But as usual you care more about the violent offender than you do about the dead children or the suffering family they left behind who have to LINTERALLY watch this guy go buy hot dogs (that was his thing) and have a nice day out while her children are rotting in their graves. 

You're quite a guy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

First - physics absolutely agrees 100 percent that something can come from nothing. It's really complicated but that's  just the way it is. In fact that happens randomly all the time but usually when that does occur an equal 'negative' something shows up and they cancel each other out. 

Still I don't think anyone is claiming something comes from nothing.  They are claiming or you claim something about quantum fields.  Such a thing is something.  If a field exists, it is not nothing. 

These are all just theories pulled out of hat.  There is no proof that a big bang ever occurred and no proof just how such a purported big bang happened or what made it happen.

The bottom line is the universe is very complex and governed by the laws of physics.  So the question remains. who created it?  Who designed and put in force the laws of physics, the atoms, molecules, protons, neutrons, electrons, gravity, the energy spectrum, etc. etc.?   Something like that just does not happen by itself out of the blue.  Every scientists will tell you every effect had a cause. 

I believe most scientists agree there had to be a beginning at some point in time.  So what caused it and what designed it?

Edited by blackbird

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

Still I don't think anyone is claiming something comes from nothing.  They are claiming or you claim something about quantum fields.  Such a thing is something.  If a field exists, it is not nothing. 

It can "exist" as nothing more than probability. Something can literally come from nothing. There's no time, there's no space, nothing that we would recognize as 'reality'. And without obeying the laws of cause and effect that we have now. Truly random spontaneous existence. 

Having said that, there's many modern thinkers who do believe that the quantum fields as well as time and space may have existed before the big bang outside of our universe, and that the inflaton field that drove the early FTL expansion of the universe didn't come from nothing. 

The problem is that between a fraction of a second after the big bang and the bang itself, math and science as we know  it totally did not exist so it is impossible to calculate or work out what things were like. 

For that matter our 'reality' could be nothing more than a hologram, if you believe in the hologrammatic theory of the universe. 

It's really really complex and counter intuitive but something can come from nothing. I know - it's pretty mind-blowing. 

But yes, something can come from nothing.  The cause and effect nature of our universe was not always that way, and may well not exist outside of spacetime. 

If it makes  you feel better none of that precludes the existence of god but it does shut down some of the "arguments" that "prove" god's existence. 

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

You'd probably faint if you had a clue how many hundreds of billions of dollars have been invested in the machines and instruments scientists use to pull these theories from.

I probably would.  

Another interesting thing that obviously required an extremely powerful and knowledgeable designer, is the atomic structure.  This video goes into the atomic structure.  I was always interested in chemistry and astronomy when I was a youngster and had my own lab.  The atomic structure is so incredible but how often have atheists ever stopped to think where did it come from?   It stands to reason it could not have evolved or just appeared out of the blue.  The atomic parts of the atom are all governed by exact laws of physics.  Energy is another concept that has something to do with it.  But again these are things that could not have come into existence without a designer-creator.  That's my take on it this morning.  I don't claim infallibility, but perhaps you have a better explanation for where they came from.  An accident?  No.  That would not make sense

Bing Videos

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

But yes, something can come from nothing.  The cause and effect nature of our universe was not always that way, and may well not exist outside of spacetime. 

That's a pretty tough concept to absorb.  I don't think there is any scientist who would agree.

In one sense, you are really advocating faith.  It would require blind faith to believe something can come from nothing without some outside power.  That then appears to make it a kind of new religion.  

The Christian or Biblical faith is based on reason.  God is separate and apart from the material universe.  He is not governed by the laws of physics or science.  Many people can't seem to wrap their heads around that.  They think everything must be according to their view of the material universe.  But they forget we are talking about the supernatural.  God is a supernatural being, separate and apart from the physical universe.

So God is a spirit of infinite power, wisdom, and ability.  He always existed.  The material universe which we see part of around us is always changing.  Because it is always changing and aging, many believe it must have had a beginning.  But how did it begin?  

You have two choices:

1.  The universe appeared out of nothing with no outside power or designer/creator.    OR

2.  The universe was designed and created by an infinitely powerful designer-Creator, who we call God.

The law of cause and effect supports no.2.

Edited by blackbird