Hamas Attacks Troops Building Pier

Of course the Biden administration is forcing this debacle on Israel and I am sure part of that included Israeli forces providing the security element so that it will not be American forces in harms way and getting egg on Bidens face. 

56 minutes ago, User said:

Of course the Biden administration is forcing this debacle on Israel and I am sure part of that included Israeli forces providing the security element so that it will not be American forces in harms way and getting egg on Bidens face. 

So you are saying no one should be trying to get food into Gaza and you approve of Hamas trying to stop it? Or is this just about  Biden and not about stoping the people of Gaza from starving?

1 hour ago, Fluffypants said:

Worst genocide ever.

History isn't your strong point.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It was sarcasm.

He's saying that if Israel is committing a genocide, they're doing it all wrong. Get it?

Eg, when the Pakistanis drove 8M Sikhs and Hindus out, and murdered 800,000 of them, they weren't busy trying to feed them at the same time.

The people who fled Pakistan on foot were in such a rush that after a few days and nights of walking with no food and water, they had to leave their little babies behind in the desert to fend for themselves. Lack of food and water helped the Pakistanis drive up the body count. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

So you are saying no one should be trying to get food into Gaza and you approve of Hamas trying to stop it? Or is this just about  Biden and not about stoping the people of Gaza from starving?

What a silly question. Israel has been working to get food into Gaza for many months now, including working with the international community on setting up shipping lanes. 

My comment was quite clearly focused at Biden, this is as much a political stunt as any kind of earnest effort to help, he needs to appease the pro-Hamas crazy wing of the Democrat party, and make it look like we are really really really trying to help and one of the big criticisms of the Navy pier idea was that he is going to be unnecessarily putting US forces into harms way, because you can't trust Hamas and terrorists... as we can see here by their shelling the IDF security elements. Which is why I speculate on Biden likely putting the pressure on the Israelis to provide the security element so it is them getting shot at. 

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-03-15-2024-d4e2f9ed525914233e4cf16c217f5248

I don't want to see people starve, but the quickest path to resolution here is the eradication of Hamas so that the people can get on with rebuilding their lives. 

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

Worst defense of genocide ever: "it could have been worse." 🤮

There is no genocide. 

Israel could line their army up and systematically march across Gaza razing it to the ground and slaughtering everyone. They could have been done with that months ago. Instead, you see them dropping more bombs than people they have killed BECAUSE they are going out of their way to be as surgical as they practically can in fighting an enemy that cowardly uses their own people as human shields. 

A whole lot more than 30-40 thousand would be dead if this were genocide. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, User said:

There is no genocide. 

Israel could line their army up and systematically march across Gaza razing it to the ground and slaughtering everyone. They could have been done with that months ago. Instead, you see them dropping more bombs than people they have killed BECAUSE they are going out of their way to be as surgical as they practically can in fighting an enemy that cowardly uses their own people as human shields. 

A whole lot more than 30-40 thousand would be dead if this were genocide. 

The bombing is indiscriminate, killing thousands of CHILDREN and razing HUNDREDS of HOMES making it UNLIVEABLE.

I didn't call it genocide, I call it ETHNIC CLEANSING. AKA mass displacement.

Edited by robosmith

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The bombing is indiscriminate, killing thousands of CHILDREN and razing HUNDREDS of HOMES making it UNLIVEABLE.

Again, they have dropped more bombs than people killed. The claim it is indiscriminate is simply a lie and not based on any objective evaluation of the facts. 

You literally said: "Worst defense of genocide ever"

So, yes, you just called it genocide. It is not ethnic cleansing either. The mass displacement is temporary so they can fight Hamas without killing people. You are being beyond dishonest now. You complain they are killing people and then complain they are moving people so they won't die in the war. 

Make up your mind. Do you want more people to die because Israel didn't move them?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Hamas is preventing their own people from getting food. Let that sink in.

If my family was in Gaza, with all the rockets and bombs going each way, I'd get them out. 

Any decent Gazans feel the same way. 

The only people still there are people who can't go to Egypt either because Egypt won't let them in or Hamas won't let them out.

Hamas apologists: "Israel shouldn't go after Hamas. They should leave them alone to manufacture more rockets and bombs."

5 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

They are attacking the people building a peer so they can deliver food. Why do you feel the need to belittle meinstead of addressing the issue? Is it because youbdont have a legitimate rebuttal?

I said that to robo, not you. Look again 😉

• Like 1

@gatomontes99My whole point in that other post is that there's a legitimate war going on, and civilians should be getting out of the way.

I have friends from the ME and unfortunately it's not uncommon there. 

More than one Christian from the ME has told me that when they flee their homes in the middle of the night, leaving everything behind, they just call it "going on vacation", and then they laugh. My wife's best friend did that twice before her family came to Canada.

It's gallows humour I guess. It's obviously extremely traumatic for them, leaving a community and friends behind forever just to go somewhere else and start from scratch, but they have to move on I guess. Wallowing in it would be a death, of sorts. 

If you ever hear someone from the ME say "vuteverrr" and then chuckle when something unfortunate happens, it's likely because they've been through so much that a mere broken TV set is small potatoes compared to what they've been through. 

23 minutes ago, User said:

Again, they have dropped more bombs than people killed. The claim it is indiscriminate is simply a lie and not based on any objective evaluation of the facts. 

All large bombs kill indiscriminately.

You literally said: "Worst defense of genocide ever"

So, yes, you just called it genocide.

Thanks for your ignorant OPINION. NOT.

I commented on A defense of genocide and then said what I really believe.

Read it again, if you didn't injure your eyes from jumping to conclusions.

It is not ethnic cleansing either. The mass displacement is temporary so they can fight Hamas without killing people. You are being beyond dishonest now. You complain they are killing people and then complain they are moving people so they won't die in the war. 

Just cause the Israeli government has fooled you does not make your conclusions true.

Open your eyes to the reality ON THE GROUND.

Make up your mind. Do you want more people to die because Israel didn't move them?

When the buildings are destroyed, they have no place to return.

Israeli government officials have said they want Gazans OUT.

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

Defense of genocide is the meaning of the sarcasm. Duh

It's not a genocide, dummy.

Israel is fighting Hamas, and Hamas has hundreds of kms of tunnels under Gaza. When you fight people in tunnels, you either use bombs or you throw the lives of your soldiers away, and Israel needs every soldier they have to prevent an actual genocide.

FYI Gaza forced Israel to fight, and Israel has the option of fighting their way. Israel has no choice but to win because if they lose, there will be an actual genocide, like Pakistan did in 1948 and again in 1971. Not like what happened in 1948 in the region they're in now.

You've been wrong about basically everything that you've ever said here, but none of it has been as consequential as this. You seem to think that an actual genocide against Israelis, killing millions of people, should be an option. 

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

All large bombs kill indiscriminately.

Thanks for your ignorant OPINION. NOT.

I commented on A defense of genocide and then said what I really believe.

Read it again, if you didn't injure your eyes from jumping to conclusions.

Just cause the Israeli government has fooled you does not make your conclusions true.

Open your eyes to the reality ON THE GROUND.

When the buildings are destroyed, they have no place to return.

Israeli government officials have said they want Gazans OUT.

No, not all large bombs kill indiscriminately.

If you drop a large bomb on a large military target intending to kill all the military assets... that is not indiscriminate. Seriously, do you even know what indiscriminate means? It has nothing to do with the size of the bomb or action. 

It is not an opinion, I quoted you. That is an objective fact. However, I will gladly accept your change of mind now that you agree it is not genocide. 

All the buildings are not destroyed and Israel has been engaged in a massive effort to purchase temporary shelters in North Gaza. I am well aware of the facts, you clearly are not. 

There is no official Israeli policy regarding wanting all Gazans out. What you are doing is dishonestly acting like their version of radials, like Marjorie Taylor Green, expressing their own radical opinions, is official policy the majority supports. You are not being honest. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's not a genocide, dummy.

I didn't say it IS, lDIOT.

I said it is ethnic cleansing. AKA, displacement. We know that last time in 1948 there was NO right of return for MANY.

Plenty of OTHERS are calling both Gaza AND their attack on Israel genocide. Duh

29 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I said it is ethnic cleansing. AKA, displacement. We know that last time in 1948 there was NO right of return for MANY.

So, is that all you are going to do is laugh at my comment and then respond here making the same bad claim?

This is not 1948 and all current plans and evidence point to Israel moving people around so they don't die when Israel is fighting Hamas and rooting out all their tunnel infrastructure. 

So, again, which is it:

Are you going to complain about how many people Israel is killing or do you want to protect the people? 

It seems you are just as bad as Hamas here in wanting to have them continue to be used as human shields and die when Israel is trying to fight Hamas. Is that what you want? Be honest. Hamas wants that, so they can complain about the dead people even more to get folks like you to support them. 

11 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Hundreds of homes. 
Hundreds of homes among a population of two million.  

It’s a terrible situation.  Israel could be doing better for sure, but if they had done everything perfectly for the last 40 years, they’d still be facing Hamas and terrorist attacks.  

37 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Please let us know: What is the term for Hamas’ policy of eradicating all of Israel? 

35 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I didn't say it IS, lDIOT.I said it is ethnic cleansing. AKA, displacement.

Well, you did, but I'll give you a pass based on your limited ability to speak/interpret the English language.

We know that last time in 1948 there was NO right of return for MANY.

That's 100% fine by muslim logic: more than 10x as many Sikhs and Hindus were kicked out of Pakistan - with no right to return - and muslims are perfectly fine with that. Why are they upset about when Israel did it on such a smaller scale?

The Pakistanis murdered more people in 1947 than were displaced in 1948, and the muslims are all a-ok with that too.

Why do you think they're so hypocritical about these issues? Could it be pure, violent islamic religious bigotry?

I'll give you a hint: it's nothing else.

What the Gazans are doing IS part of a genocide.

They want to keep this conflict going long enough and generate enough propaganda photo-ops (aka dead women and children) to get a really good genocide against Jews started.

Just remember - if what happened in Pakistan was fine then what happened in Israel was nothing.

19 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Israel could be doing better for sure,

I dunno. It's tough dealing with hundreds of kms of tunnels. 

During the last major war between Israel and terrorists the Israelis lost a lot of tanks. They can't afford to keep firing expensive missiles at cheap rockets, losing tanks, and losing soldiers.

"Going in" to an urban environment is costly.

"Semi-flattening and then going in" is much less so.

What they're doing comes at a terrible cost to Gazans, but Gazans are angling for a genocide against them.

Canadians have never had to fight a war with so much at stake. We just helped other people on other continents, we never had to protect our own families from certain genocide. We can't really judge Israelis by the way they fight vs how we fought IMO.

Edited by WestCanMan