Canada needs a female leader

Leaders of all three major parties who stand a chance to win the next election are male. There has been 23 Prime Ministers in Canada's history all of them male with the exception of Kim Campbell who served for a short time (and really screwed up but that had nothing to do with her gender).Half of Canada's population is female and this statistics is unfortunate and unacceptable in an advanced country such as Canada. This is not a backward Islamic country where women cannot be elected or served in high positions.

It seems things are not going well in Canada in this century. We need a female Prime Minister.   

Empowered Women is empowered world.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, suds said:

You mean one that has a vagina?

This is a very sexist remark. Shame on you and the board which allows you to be here to spread anti feminism and make chauvinistic comment. This is how you view women? You only see that part not the rest of 99%. SHAME ON YOU. 

You offended half the population of Canada and half the population of the world.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Downvote 3

Would't hurt. I think Campbell would have made a pretty good PM but she inherited the Mulroney government baggage and put too much trust in the incompetents running the Conservative campaign.  

Not Freeland though, she would just keep spending us into bankruptcy. 

Edited by Aristides

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is a very sexist remark. Shame on you and the board which allows you to be here to spread anti feminism and make chauvinistic comment. This is how you view women as vaginas? You only see the vagina part not the rest of 99%. SHAME ON YOU. 

I think the person is referring to a recent Supreme Court of Canada justice who said women are to be referred to as "persons with vaginas."

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is a very sexist remark. Shame on you and the board which allows you to be here to spread anti feminism and make chauvinistic comment. This is how you view women as vaginas? You only see the vagina part not the rest of 99%. SHAME ON YOU. 

In todays sexual climate, it is not. It could very well be someone that "claims" to be female.

Anyway, in my opinion, the Conservatives made a real stupid choice when they denied Rona Ambrose the opportuntiy. She would have beat Trudeau and made a good PM.

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I think the person is referring to a recent Supreme Court of Canada justice who said women are to be referred to as "persons with vaginas."

He spoke on his own without any reference to anyone's comment and if the SCC justice said such thing then he must be fired immediately and put on trial. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is a very sexist remark. Shame on you and the board which allows you to be here to spread anti feminism and make chauvinistic comment. This is how you view women? You only see that part not the rest of 99%. SHAME ON YOU. 

You offended half the population of Canada and half the population of the world.

I meant no offense to anyone.  You gotta lighten up a bit bud! 😉

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Would't hurt. I think Campbell would have made a pretty good PM but she inherited the Mulroney government baggage and put too much trust in the incompetents running the Conservative campaign.  

Her biggest mistake was to acknowledge in the middle of her campaign that unemployment will remain double digits in Canada till the end of century at a time that the nation needed hope not despair.

2 minutes ago, suds said:

I meant no offense to anyone.  You gotta lighten up a bit bud! 😉

There are some things you do not joke about. You crossed the red line.

Right now women in Iran are being assaulted by their security forces for refusing to wear the hated Islamic hijab and judges there are calling them names and comments like this only fuel more anti-women actions in such dictatorships.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Sorry kiddo but yours is the sexist remark.  We don't call them 'women' any more, they're people with vaginas.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/supreme-court-decision-say-word-woman-is-confusing-unfortunate

How very insensitive of you. You should be ashamed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Kim Campbell was Muloney's version of Christia Freeland....waaaay up the Pm's butt to know any better. No mind of her own, just a PM's hand puppet.

She would have been horrific.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

The time will come. I could see Leslyn lewis being a serious contender with another decade of experience and mellowing. There are others who could have or might yet.

But these things have to happen organically.  You don't "need a female leader". That's just dumb. What you need is great choices and eventually some of those great choices will be women. We may not have a Margret Thatcher on deck at the moment but we will.

And when we do i think that canadians will be very open to that.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry kiddo but yours is the sexist remark.  We don't call them 'women' any more, they're people with vaginas.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/supreme-court-decision-say-word-woman-is-confusing-unfortunate

How very insensitive of you. You should be ashamed.

I remind you that the poster did not reference the SCC.

I don't know about the details of this SCC justice comment as I don't live in BC but if it is true then it is unfortunate such an idi*t is appointed to such position. I never thought it would happen in Canada but there are bad apples everywhere,

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Why would they need to? I don't reference the SCC when i refer to first nations people as 'first nations'.  I  don't reference the supreme court or the human rights councils when i use someone's preferred gender.

Why would you NEED to reference a court to use accepted terms? Odd thing to say really.

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I don't know about the details of this SCC justice comment as I don't live in BC but if it is true then it is unfortunate such an idi*t is appointed for such position. I never thought it would happen in Canada but there are bad apples everywhere,

Well obviously then, you have something against trans people. I do not. Although the sports thing with biological men competing against biological women really isn't fair.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Why would they need to? I don't reference the SCC when i refer to first nations people as 'first nations'.  I  don't reference the supreme court or the human rights councils when i use someone's preferred gender.

Why would you NEED to reference a court to use accepted terms? Odd thing to say really.

I meant that he  made comments of his own and  has not so far denied that there were not his comments but an SCC idi*t justice. And even so do not promote bad comments by repeating them. Criticize them.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I used to live in her riding and she is awesome.  Great asset to our community.

If she were willing to run again I would campaign for her day and night. 

It is wonderful to have you back. You've been missed. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, suds said:

Well obviously then, you have something against trans people. I do not. Although the sports thing with biological men competing against biological women really isn't fair.

I do not have anything against the people of Iran but the hated imposed terrorist Islamic system in that country. We must defend women's struggle in Iran and all over the world not to fuel hate against them or demean them with unwarranted comments,

Victory to women in Iran and all over the world and destruction to any person, religion, ideology or leader who denies them of their equal rights and freedom.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I meant that he  made comments of his own and  has not so far denied that there were not his comments but an SCC idi*t justice. And even so do not promote bad comments by repeating them. Criticize them.

I am critisizing them. Your comment was bad. You should not be insensitive or sexist like that.  Especially to people with vaginas.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are as bad if not worse for promoting a bad comment.  SHAME ON YOU TOO.

That is literally the recogized correct term.  What a sexist pig  you are.

And if you're going to downvote me for using court -approved language as per the article i posted proving it then two can play at that game.

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You are as bad if not worse for promoting a bad comment.  SHAME ON YOU TOO.

No one is "promoting" it.

If you click the link CdnFox posted above - most people think it's ridiculous and were making fun of it.

Sorry you missed it in the news.  Suds' comment is funnier when you know the background.

• Like 2