The Woke Mind Virus

16 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Hatred? entirely.

You and most of the left are driven by hatred. And you very obviously don't find any comedy in it.  

Sure, All In The Family was actually a nature series and Archie was like David Attenborough.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Sure, All In The Family was actually a nature series and Archie was like David Attenborough.

Uh huh.  I see.

Soooo.... cough syrup.  I know you think it tastes great, but as I've mentioned before you're not supposed to drink the whole bottle.

I have many times, I want politicians to be subject to a level of surveillance that would make George Orwell himself blush.

Why? When you catch them doing bad things you still vote for them.

So obviosuly it's not that you care about corruption or the like - you vote for it even tho you see it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Why? When you catch them doing bad things you still vote for them.

So obviosuly it's not that you care about corruption or the like - you vote for it even tho you see it. 

The only thing that irks me more is listening to people defend it and/or deploy the well worn "Trump made me do it" deflection. That and acceptance of unhinged levels of absurdity have been a huge tactical error IMO. I could (maybe) have tolerated the cool aid addiction had they stopped short of puking it down the back of my neck...  

Generally I just let it go unchallenged now whilst thinking to myself "I'll see your a$$ on election day." That's the polite version of those thoughts BTW and I sometimes wonder how many moderates (for lack of a better term) are as annoyed as I am.

It seems Bill is now recommending less sugar in the cool aid or maybe it's less puking on people's shoes, I'm not sure which.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-rips-sanctuary-city-hypocrites-turning-away-migrants-abbott-desantis-called-bluff

A bit late to the party IMO but I think he's starting to sense that a serious spanking is on the horizon. Even so, he still seems to think that he'll be getting the car keys back.     

Edited by Venandi

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

I have many times, I want politicians to be subject to a level of surveillance that would make George Orwell himself blush.

Way too intrusive. 

Term limits are better. You get two terms max, but if you don't meet a given standard then you don't get a 2nd term. 

Imagine all the waste we could rip out if we instituted term limits today. 

14 hours ago, Venandi said:

The only thing that irks me more is listening to people defend it and/or deploy the well worn "Trump made me do it" deflection. That and acceptance of unhinged levels of absurdity have been a huge tactical error IMO. I could (maybe) have tolerated the cool aid addiction had they stopped short of puking it down the back of my neck...  

Generally I just let it go unchallenged now whilst thinking to myself "I'll see your a$$ on election day." That's the polite version of those thoughts BTW and I sometimes wonder how many moderates (for lack of a better term) are as annoyed as I am.

It seems Bill is now recommending less sugar in the cool aid or maybe it's less puking on people's shoes, I'm not sure which.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-rips-sanctuary-city-hypocrites-turning-away-migrants-abbott-desantis-called-bluff

A bit late to the party IMO but I think he's starting to sense that a serious spanking is on the horizon. Even so, he still seems to think that he'll be getting the car keys back.     

It's a prevalent issue on the left - someone always "made them" behave that way. I call many here out on it regularly.

Bill is a left of center "liberal" in the more traditional sense of the word and i think he's sick of seeing the radical far left statists claiming to represent left of center thinking and running around cancelling people.  And he's calling it out. And good for him.

9 hours ago, Deluge said:

Imagine all the waste we could rip out if we instituted term limits today. 

What possible difference could that make that would matter?

Preventing misinformation stemming from  imagining what politicians are doing instead of knowing what they're doing would make a difference.

Just now, eyeball said:

Preventing misinformation stemming from  imagining what politicians are doing instead of knowing what they're doing would make a difference.

No it wouldn't.  We knew justin broke the law 6 months after taking office, he was found to have done what he did, he didn't partiuclarly deny it and it was ruled to be corruptly recieving benefits from a lobbyist.

And people like you just put him right back into power.  Where he kept doing wrong things.

As long as people like you are ready to give  him a free ride it makes no difference if he's caught or not.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're pleased with the word of a troll without anything to support why?

There's tonnes to support - the fact you don't like that doesn't change it

And 'troll' is anyone who calls you out on your hypocrisy apperently.

What i said was true. Most people realize it. You fight it because it doesn't jive with your echo chamber.

25 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

We knew justin broke the law 6 months after taking office, he was found to have done what he did, he didn't partiuclarly deny it and it was ruled to be corruptly recieving benefits from a lobbyist.

Who found him again? Who is this We you're talking about, you were there too or something?

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

There's tonnes to support - the fact you don't like that doesn't change it

And 'troll' is anyone who calls you out on your hypocrisy apperently.

What i said was true. Most people realize it. You fight it because it doesn't jive with your echo chamber.

You say the same thing about anyone who doesn't kiss your ass around here.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who found him again? Who is this We you're talking about, you were there too or something?

Sigh.  Sure - i was there too. As you know i fight crime in my spare time :P

And as usual instead of addressing the facts you try to deflect and stick your head up your butt and humm till the truth goes away.

well at least you didn't try to blame harper this time.  i suppose that's an improvement.  But you're still a complete hypocrite. 

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And as usual instead of addressing the facts you try to deflect and stick your head up your butt and humm till the truth goes away.

Yes the fact apparently still remains that Venandi is accepting the word of a troll without anything to corroborate why.

Perhaps he, she, they, whatever is looking for something and will post it. Lord knows you never have.

• Like 1

Yes the fact apparently still remains that Venandi is accepting the word of a troll without anything to corroborate why.

Once again you've confused 'fact" with "Eyeball's befuddled and butt hurt delusion".  As noted - facts were presented.  It is well known that he was charged and found in violation over the Aga khan incident - pretending there" no corroboration' is beyond childish,,

Perhaps he, she, they, whatever is looking for something and will post it. Lord knows you never have

In fact we have discussed it in detail before and i did indeed post evidence of the ruling AND the fact the rcmp only didn't investigate because it was not clear whether or not the pm can give himself permission to break the law.

And all of that is also easily verified with a simple google search.

And i go through this with you every time you bring up that you need MOAR accountability.  We've got tonnes - justin has been caught at numerous corruption schemes and you keep defending him and letting him off the hook - and once again you want it to be MY fault.

I present facts. It is a fact that trudeau committed an act of serious corruption shortly after taking office - he literally took a free vacation and flight with a gov't lobbiest to enjoy an all expense christmas vacation with a guy who lobbies the gov't in violation of the law both ethical and criminal and you STILL are here defending him.  What good would more 'transparency' do if you're unwilling to vote him out when we catch him now?

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And i go through this with you every time you bring up that you need MOAR accountability.  We've got tonnes - justin has been caught at numerous corruption schemes and you keep defending him and letting him off the hook

Why hasn't he been charged with anything if he's been caught? You seem to think our justice system works according to public referendum.

I would support term limits. Furthermore, I would also support a measure that limits one's campaign. I know its unrealistic but a measure that would make all political advertising illegal until Sept 1 of a given election year would get my adamant support. Term limits and not having the politician in near constant re-election mode would make them more focused and efficient. 

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why hasn't he been charged with anything if he's been caught?

He was and found to be guilty.

The Aga Khan affair was a political scandal in Canada involving Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. In 2017, Trudeau was found guilty of violating sections 5,11,12, and 21[1] of the Federal Conflict of Interest Act[1] by accepting private-island vacations, gifts, and flights from the Aga Khan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan_affair

Aga Khan is a federal lobbyist btw. You know - the guys who YOU claim we should videotape for transperecy.  Here trudeau blatantly violated the law to take gifts from him and that's just fine with you.

Further - the police considered charges but there is a loophole in the laws he broke which say that an official may receive permission to break the law from the prime minister. As he's the prime minister he could give himself permission to break the law.  Basically trudeau has the power trump claims trump has and that kept him out of jail.

https://macleans.ca/politics/rcmp-considered-charging-justin-trudeau-over-aga-khan-visit

And i've gone over THIS with you every time we discuss this as well. You know ALL of this.  Yet you continue to lie and defend trudeau. You pretend he's done nothing wrong.  You pretend that more accountability would change something.

The only thing that needs to change is that people like you have to start holding trudeau and others like him accountable.  You don't. And until you do no additional transparency makes any difference.

You're a hypocrite,  a liar, and a loser - and now all of canada can see that the left wing nutbars like you only lead to corruption and failure for our country. Try being honest - you might come to like it  eventually.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Further - the police considered charges but there is a loophole in the laws he broke which say that an official may receive permission to break the law from the prime minister. As he's the prime minister he could give himself permission to break the law.  Basically trudeau has the power trump claims trump has and that kept him out of jail.

And so we should vote instead for the same people that are apparently too incompetent to close ridiculous loopholes like this?

Yer outta yer frickin mind.

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

That's never going to happen anyways, so why dwell on it? 

The term limit thing is a much better idea. If you suck, you get one term; if you're good, you get two terms and then you're out. 

45 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And so we should vote instead for the same people that are apparently too incompetent to close ridiculous loopholes like this?

Yer outta yer frickin mind.

Ahhh yes - we're back to 'it's harper's fault".

You are literally arguing that it makes more sense to keep voting in people who break the laws rather than people who tried to stop them from breaking the laws.

Again - you are the problem. Not the system, not the laws - we know he got caught breaking the law. As long as you keep supporting him and defending him as you are here instead of punishing him for breaking the law then things will get no better.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

No, it's not Harper's fault you're out of yer frickin' mind either.

It is according to you ;)  you literally just claimed it would be crazy to vote for his party because he didn't close the loophole and it would be smarter to vote in the people who broke the law ;)

You can't keep your story straight for even 2 posts. 

That's the problem with being a liar and a hypocrite i guess. It's so hard to keep track of your own bullshit. 

Hey. Fukwad.  Until dipshits like you decide that the correct response to corruption is to throw the bastards out instead of defending them daily as you do, then no amount of 'transparency will make the slightest difference.

Drop the hypocrisy and start actually giving a crap instead of blaming harper for eveyrthing and virtue signalling while lying to your grand kids about being on the right side.

40 minutes ago, Deluge said:

That's never going to happen anyways, so why dwell on it?

Who says? Some cops like wearing bodycams because they're sick of the public's mistrust and how it interferes in doing their jobs. There's nothing preventing politicians/parties from doing something similar for the same reason. All it would take is one to start the ball rolling and soon they'll all be competing to see who can demonstrate the greatest amount of transparency.  You're going to vote for the guy who promises the most secrecy?

The term limit thing is a much better idea. If you suck, you get one term; if you're good, you get two terms and then you're out. 

That's basically what we have now, its called an election.