5 minutes ago, Rebound said:

This phrase is promotion of terrorism directed at civilian minorities and I don’t believe the First Amendment protects it.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intifada

Seems like if you support 'intifada' you're supporting 'struggle' or 'revolution' or 'resistance'.  I'm leery of ambiguous language, and if you advocate for 'revolution' people usually assume you're talking about an uprising, kind of like Jan 6 but successful.

"Intifada" ... if someone said that in front of me, I would ask what they mean by it.  Same as 'revolution'.  

14 hours ago, taxme said:

Just give Trump a chance, will you. Trump cannot be any worse than that buffoon Bidumb was and still is. It is time for some MAGA common sense to prevail. Hopefully, Trump will finally end Marxism in America once and for all. Long overdue indeed. Next Canadians must get rid of Marxist Castro Trudeau and put in Pierre Poilevre and bring back common sense back to Canada. This Marxist WEF globalist experiment must end now. Enough already. Works for me. 😇

Have you ever read Marx?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intifada

Seems like if you support 'intifada' you're supporting 'struggle' or 'revolution' or 'resistance'.  I'm leery of ambiguous language, and if you advocate for 'revolution' people usually assume you're talking about an uprising, kind of like Jan 6 but successful.

"Intifada" ... if someone said that in front of me, I would ask what they mean by it.  Same as 'revolution'.  

No, there is absolutely no ambiguity to it whatsoever… when it is used to describe Palestinian fighting. The Palestinians have TWICE staged murderous “intifadas” which murdered thousands of Israeli civilians. 

By the same token, you could say there is ambiguity in the swastika, but not when it’s flown as a flag in the Nazi colors or worn as an armband.  

16 hours ago, taxme said:

Just give Trump a chance, will you. Trump cannot be any worse than that buffoon Bidumb was and still is. It is time for some MAGA common sense to prevail. Hopefully, Trump will finally end Marxism in America once and for all. Long overdue indeed. Next Canadians must get rid of Marxist Castro Trudeau and put in Pierre Poilevre and bring back common sense back to Canada. This Marxist WEF globalist experiment must end now. Enough already. Works for me. 😇

So Trump will “end Marxism” by seizing private assets and using it to create a national university which will teach only subjects permitted by the national government leader? What is more Marxist than that? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rebound said:

No, there is absolutely no ambiguity to it whatsoever… when it is used to describe Palestinian fighting. The Palestinians have TWICE staged murderous “intifadas” which murdered thousands of Israeli civilians. 

By the same token, you could say there is ambiguity in the swastika, but not when it’s flown as a flag in the Nazi colors or worn as an armband.  

Well ok but it seems that the first intifada wasn't violent ?  I don't think the Swastika comparison is balanced.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/palestinians-drop-policy-of-armed-resistance/article4095331/

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well ok but it seems that the first intifada wasn't violent ?  I don't think the Swastika comparison is balanced.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/palestinians-drop-policy-of-armed-resistance/article4095331/

No, it is definitely not correct to describe the first Palestinian intifada as non-violent.  

The Swastika comparison is not equivalent but the comparison is the meaning of the word or symbol.   If someone waves a Nazi flag and claims it’s merely an ancient Chinese symbol, they are lying. And if a protester screams for Palestinian intifada revolution, they are calling for a terrorism campaign, not a “resistance.”  

On 3/18/2024 at 12:06 PM, Rebound said:

For starters, how is he going to tax an asset? 
Second, where’s the math?  If he somehow manages to steal 50% of the assets of the Ivy Leagues and other private schools, how can that possibly be enough to provide free public university education to every adult in America? It’s a bunch of BS.  There’s no way those endowments are big enough for that. 

The TOTAL of all university endowments in the nation is a staggering $890 Billion.  Even if Trump did steal half of that money, it couldn’t build and fund colleges across the nation. Not even close.  The U.S. DoE spends about $80 billion a year, so this money could fund the DoE for five years.  Not enough for free college for everyone.  Just more Trump BS. 

We're not talking brick and mortar here. I believe he said it will be online education. That cuts costs drastically. 

And it's not "stealing". In a way it's taking back from the frauds who have been churning out wokeness disciples for the past couple of decades. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to admit, Trump has already gotten frigged with a shady university. Aye it was really a real estate course but ya...I'm a bit surprised he's brouched the idea now. He could have easily beat the democrats over the head with education and saved this treat for after the election.

15 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I have to admit, Trump has already gotten frigged with a shady university. Aye it was really a real estate course but ya...I'm a bit surprised he's brouched the idea now. He could have easily beat the democrats over the head with education and saved this treat for after the election.

I like the entire Agenda, even the University idea. The format is great and it's easy to follow. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

I like the entire Agenda, even the University idea. The format is great and it's easy to follow. 

That I agree with. I just think, considering that Democrats will beat him over the head with the previous school in his name, that they should have held off on such a pronouncement.

46 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

That I agree with. I just think, considering that Democrats will beat him over the head with the previous school in his name, that they should have held off on such a pronouncement.

That's a good point. 

23 hours ago, Rebound said:

So Trump will “end Marxism” by seizing private assets and using it to create a national university which will teach only subjects permitted by the national government leader? What is more Marxist than that? 

Wokeism is like Sharia Law; it spreads aggressively within a society if it isn't put down. We need to stamp out wokeness just like we would need to stamp out Sharia if it ever got too aggressive.

This isn't Marxism, it's righting the ship. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Stomping out ideas... sounds so free doesn't it... 🤔

Not discussing them but destroying them... 

That's on brand from what I think that the MAGA movement would like.

Some ideas are destructive. 

Woke thinking is destructive, therefore, it has no place in constructive settings like a free society. 

Edited by Deluge

2 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Some ideas are destructive. 

Woke thinking is destructive, therefore, it has no place in constructive settings like a free society. 

Destroy it then.  You are the judge and executioner of ideas, so do your job.  The woke mob very much agrees with your message.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Destroy it then.  You are the judge and executioner of ideas, so do your job.  The woke mob very much agrees with your message.

Already in process, and no, the woke mob does not agree with my message. If they did, they'd be MAGA too. 

11 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Already in process, and no, the woke mob does not agree with my message. If they did, they'd be MAGA too. 

Sorry I meant to say methods.

If they don't like an idea they'll ban it.

Only difference between you and them is who's holding the gavel.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry I meant to say methods.

If they don't like an idea they'll ban it.

Only difference between you and them is who's holding the gavel.

I just told you that wokeness doesn't fit in America. It doesn't fit anywhere, really, but leftoids keep pushing it anyways. It's why they're going to get their asses handed to them in this next election. 

Edited by Deluge

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't care about that, just the idea that you think it should be crushed.  I'm conservative so I believe in free expression.

Your kind offends me.  

Sorry, friend, free expression doesn't cover threats to our Constitutional Republic.

Wokeism is destructive in nature and has no business being in the mainstream of US society. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't care about that, just the idea that you think it should be crushed.  I'm conservative so I believe in free expression.

Your kind offends me.  

See, the problem with your thinking is that you're treating wokeness as if it's a fresh idea that was brought to the table this morning. 

Wokeness has not only been presented, but it has permeated almost every facet of this country, and you're still crying about suppression of ideas. lol

Look, Michelle, it's obvious that you are NOT a conservative. At best you're a centrist who leans more left than right. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Sorry, friend, free expression doesn't cover threats to our Constitutional Republic.

Wokeism is destructive in nature and has no business being in the mainstream of US society. 

Good luck with your war on ideas.

8 minutes ago, Deluge said:

See, the problem with your thinking is that you're treating wokeness as if it's a fresh idea that was brought to the table this morning. 

Wokeness has not only been presented, but it has permeated almost every facet of this country, and you're still crying about suppression of ideas. lol

Look, Michelle, it's obvious that you are NOT a conservative. At best you're a centrist who leans more left than right. 

I warranted two responses? 🤔

I'm not crying, but I'll probably cry once you start arresting my friends and family for saying things you don't like.

Good one on calling me a woman's name 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Good luck with your war on ideas.

I warranted two responses? 🤔

I'm not crying, but I'll probably cry once you start arresting my friends and family for saying things you don't like.

Good one on calling me a woman's name 👍🏻

And good luck with your support of ideas that have turned into practice and are destroying society. 

You kind of bring the name on yourself, Mike. You're pretending to be a conservative and it's hard to take you seriously.