Chinatown stabbing suspect has history of sudden violence: report

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/chinatown-stabbing-review-board-1.7144296

The man accused of stabbing three people at a festival in Vancouver's Chinatown in September last year had a history of "sudden" violence, but a report says he showed no signs of deteriorating mental health as he left a psychiatric hospital that day. 

Sigh.  Is it me or has our gov't pretty much given up all pretense of being on our side?

20 hours ago, CdnFox said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/chinatown-stabbing-review-board-1.7144296

The man accused of stabbing three people at a festival in Vancouver's Chinatown in September last year had a history of "sudden" violence, but a report says he showed no signs of deteriorating mental health as he left a psychiatric hospital that day. 

Sigh.  Is it me or has our gov't pretty much given up all pretense of being on our side?

Clearly it's you.

Like, for example, here is a case of a 'tragic victim of Canada's colonial history', and gave him a break in that a woman just happened to be killed during a home invasion he took part in with another man. It was only his 161st recorded, crime after all, so she decided to go lightly and give him another chance. See how the government is on our side? Well, someone's side.

“Tragically, Mr. Parisian appears to be a victim of the adverse impact of Canada’s colonial history,” Ker said while referencing a pre-sentence report.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-who-posed-as-cop-during-deadly-home-invasion-sentenced-to-7-years-1.6809487

13 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Clearly it's you.

Like, for example, here is a case of a 'tragic victim of Canada's colonial history', and gave him a break in that a woman just happened to be killed during a home invasion he took part in with another man. It was only his 161st recorded, crime after all, so she decided to go lightly and give him another chance. See how the government is on our side? Well, someone's side.

“Tragically, Mr. Parisian appears to be a victim of the adverse impact of Canada’s colonial history,” Ker said while referencing a pre-sentence report.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-who-posed-as-cop-during-deadly-home-invasion-sentenced-to-7-years-1.6809487

Man.  What really hurts is the left believes that you're saying none of that ironically.

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Result of a skewed (screwed) justice system-

Judge warns of 'tsunami' of offenders faking Indigenous status to get lighter sentences

Jeez you snivelling whiners.
Rallying against the fact the Judge even recognized the guy's upbringing.
And conveniently omitting the Judge gave him 7 years out of the 8 the prosecution was asking for, 2 more than the defence asked for. Hardly a 'break' to whine about.

37 minutes ago, herbie said:

Odd thing to say when you're snivelling and whining

He killed someone. HE is not the 'victim'.

And conveniently omitting the Judge gave him 7 years out of the 8 the prosecution was asking for,

For killing a defenceless old woman. In a home invasion. And you think that's a lot'? Because of his 'upbringing? Eff that crap. It shoudln't have been manslaughter in the first place. A white person would have been up on murder.

If the first nations are so damaged permanently as a people that we have to let them go around killing old ladies because they're 'victims' then we should be building walls around the reserves and never letting them out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, herbie said:

And conveniently omitting the Judge gave him 7 years out of the 8 the prosecution was asking for, 2 more than the defence asked for. Hardly a 'break' to whine about.

Herbie, trust you to always care nothing about victims of violence. 

Wait! I take that back! If the victim had been a native, or black or some other protected group you actually care about, and the scum who killed her had been white, you'd have been raging! 

That the prosecution even dared to ask for 8 years demonstrates how ridiculously screwed up our judicial system is. This guy should have gotten life. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a flaming arsehole.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Wait! I take that back! If the victim had been a native, or black or some other protected group you actually care about,

Those are already victims  according to him just for being born :)  

6 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Herbie, trust you to always care nothing about victims of violence. 

Bullshit. I care about justice and not vengeance. As always because the victim isn't there to speak, the seekers of vengeance will claim to speak for them.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:05 PM, I am Groot said:

Clearly it's you.

160 prior convictions lol

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Bullshit. I care about justice and not vengeance.

ROFLMAO - the only 'justice'  you care about is "justice" for the criminals.  THe victims don't deserve justice in your books.

Oh - sorry i forgot in your world the criminals ARE the victims.

3 hours ago, herbie said:

Bullshit. I care about justice and not vengeance. As always because the victim isn't there to speak, the seekers of vengeance will claim to speak for them.

This is a lifelong criminal with 160 offenses who killed a woman during a home invasion. Are you going to seriously tell me you think seven years is an acceptable punishment? Especially knowing he'll be paroled in two?

Actually, only four left to serve, which means he's probably already eligible for parole! He might be back on the street already! 

Edited by I am Groot

They asked for 8 and he got 7.

Sounds like your problem is with the prosecution only asking for 8. And as per usual, you are unable to see the difference between being eligible and being granted parole as facts belittle your alarmist trolling.