Ten reasons to oppose mass immigration

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yep. And I bet people looking at population limits weren't.

nobody was looking at population limits.  FFS we had like 18 million people. In the second largest country in the world.  We were desperately looking to get MORE people not fewer.

Of course the leftists hadn't screwed things up at that point so people were still having lots of children but nobody was worried about 'overpopulation'.

51 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

nobody was looking at population limits. 

There were people thinking about overpopulation more than 2 centuries ago.

Go do a little homework FFS, assuming you can trust anything you put before yourself.

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There were people thinking about overpopulation more than 2 centuries ago.

Nobody was thinking about overpopulation in Canada 2 centuries ago. Hell canada didn't even exist 2 centuries ago and the land that would become canada wasn't overpopulated, that's for sure.

Sigh. It hurts that you're this dumb.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:29 PM, August1991 said:

1) "Totally"?

"Sky rocket"?

"Out there"?

I generally stop reading when anyone who uses such terms.

2) Farmland loss? WTF?

About half of milk in Canada is produced in Quebec.

3) Most Canadian grocery stores have two cheese counters: have you ever asked why?

1) Form vs substance.

2) I agreed with the point that the loss of farmland isn't an issue.

3) No

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That doesn't mean people weren't still considering the implications of overpopulation.

Yes - yes "nobody was thinking about it" mans nobody was considering it.  Unless you're going to try to pull some ultra stupid utterly !diotic bullshit to the effect of 'well there was this one guy in another country in 1774..."

Nobody in canada was worried about overpopulation in the 60's, OR 200 years ago.  Thanks for playing

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Unless you're going to try to pull some ultra stupid utterly !diotic bullshit to the effect of 'well there was this one guy in another country in 1774..."

So you finally did your homework, good for you. One guy btw is not zero and given the fact he was a scientist who published his research your assertion nobody was thinking about it is just your typical absolutist hooey.

26 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Nobody in canada was worried about overpopulation in the 60's, OR 200 years ago.  Thanks for playing

I'm pretty sure The Population Bomb wasn't banned in Canada when it was published in 1968. The fact such a book was even written is evidence that the process of worrying about overpopulation was clearly well underway.

Keep swinging kid.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:41 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

1) Form vs substance.

2) I agreed with the point that the loss of farmland isn't an issue.

3) No

3) No?

When I travel abroad, among the first things I do is to go to a local market/grocery store, look at people and check prices. Ordinary people shopping, ordinary food stores/markets, how the food is laid out.

In Canada, we have two cheese sections. One for the "commercial cheese" and another for the other type of cheese.

QOC, guess why.     

On 2/26/2024 at 9:56 AM, QuebecOverCanada said:

I'd like to believe in that myth, it would me make feel so good. But that really is not the case. Immigrants largely make our demand grow for healthcare compared to how much they work for that sector.

The myth?

In the 21st century, go to any hospital, any place for old people - whether in Europe or North America - and you will see immigrants caring for old people.

The truth: Young people pose fewer health problems than old people.

=====

In the past, whether in Europe or North America, we took care of our elderly in a family. Now, we use the price system. 

21 minutes ago, August1991 said:

The truth: Young people pose fewer health problems than old people.

In the past, whether in Europe or North America, we took care of our elderly in a family. Now, we use the price system.

In the past the young were lucky if they lived to be elderly.

Things got better when prices went up.

Now we whinge about the cost and the elderly will be lucky if they're lucky.

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

In the past the young were lucky if they lived to be elderly.

Things got better when prices went up.

Now we whinge about the cost and the elderly will be lucky if they're lucky.

Disagree.

What is life?

In the past, some people were lucky to live with young children to care for them.

3 minutes ago, August1991 said:

1. Disagree.

2. What is life?

3. In the past, some people were lucky to live with young children to care for them.

1. Life expectancy has doubled to 70 in 200 years. It was half of that for the previous 200,000 or more.

2. More interesting chemistry.

3. Like I said the elderly were lucky if they got to live that long. Nowadays we're far luckier, more skilful too given we don't need as many young people. 

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

1. Life expectancy has doubled to 70 in 200 years. It was half of that for the previous 200,000 or more.

1. Mulroney was born in 1939. (Old people don't measure by years - they measure by birth year. Young people measure by year.)

2. Bush and Kissinger lived longer.

28 minutes ago, August1991 said:

1. Mulroney was born in 1939. (Old people don't measure by years - they measure by birth year. Young people measure by year.)

2. Bush and Kissinger lived longer.

These had millions of taxpayers taking care of them and better quicker access to healthcare than virtually any other human being on the planet.

They measure by means even young people can only dream of.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Dutch Reagan at 93

superior American healthcare

Nixon 1913

Kennedy 1917

Reagan 1911

----

Trudeau Snr 1919

Kissinger 1923

Yeltsin 1930

==========

I always wonder where they were in the 1940s. Where were you in your teens?

11 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Glenn Gould was born in 1932 in Toronto.

Compare him with any child born anywhere else in the world in the same year any where else in the world.

the only 1932 born I would place above Glenn Gould

is Johnny Cash

On 2/29/2024 at 10:51 AM, eyeball said:

So you finally did your homework, good for you. One guy btw is not zero and given the fact he was a scientist who published his research your assertion nobody was thinking about it is just your typical absolutist hooey.

So you admit  you were lying.  I very specifically said nobody in canada.

Well no surprise catching you lying again. As i noted, i thought you'd try something dishonest like that

So - once again you were completely full of shit and nobody in canada was thinking about overpopulation 200 years ago. What a piece of dishonest crap you are.

I'm pretty sure The Population Bomb wasn't banned in Canada when it was published in 1968. The fact such a book was even written is evidence that the process of worrying about overpopulation was clearly well underway.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't written in canada and i'm pretty sure 1968 wasn't 200 years ago.

Again - dishonest and a lying sack of shit - and you're SURPRISED!!!! when everyone jumps in and says you're a liar from time to time. Can't imagine why.

NOBODY in canada was talking about overpopulation as a canadian problem until very recently in our history and you're a liar to pretend otherwise.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

So what, you figure Canada is in its own isolated bubble or on a different planet or something?

Yes.  Another term for that is "country".

I thought we discussed this - you're not allowed to be that stupid till at least 5 pm.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:22 AM, CdnFox said:

nobody was looking at population limits.  FFS we had like 18 million people. In the second largest country in the world.  We were desperately looking to get MORE people not fewer.

And I never understood why. We were better off with 18. Every list of the best countries in the world to list is almost entirely those with small populations.

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 3:15 PM, August1991 said:

The myth?

In the 21st century, go to any hospital, any place for old people - whether in Europe or North America - and you will see immigrants caring for old people.

True. You know why? Because we've considered taking care of the elderly has been a low skill job forever, and it has paid very poorly. And while there have been a few increases it is still a poorly paid job that is easy to get into. And the reason the old folks homes haven't had to pay higher still is because of those immigrants. Same goes for all low wage jobs. Immigrants are here to keep wages down. The Trudeau government even bragged about it.

As for the hospitals, I've seen some there. Mostly as PSWs but I've seen some nurses, though very few doctors. I've only ever seen (as in was a patient of) one immigrant doctor. She was east Indian, I think, and I saw her at a clinic. She was very good.

Edited by I am Groot