When/How is it right?

We've all noted something is wrong. Why? How?

I figure that women more than men note when something is wrong.

Everyone complains - but rich people more than poor people are likely to complain about the precision of something.  Rich people note mistakes more than poor people.

When lining up in the grocery, I choose a woman cashier. They are faster and more precise.

But I prefer a male pilot. Why?

I don't know... You're sexist? 😂

I do love the free ruminations that you put on here. Some of the land with me some don't. But you have the freedom of wisdom, to try out some ideas and not be afraid of being wrong. This is why you're a treasure on this board.

I will play: People think there's something wrong when their image of how the machine of reality works is contradicted.

Machine of reality is set in place. Our understanding, our observations and physical sensations, the explanations provided to us by our moral sphere, our community, and the wizards, thought leaders, and sages that we look up to.

For some, there may even be a metaphysical entity... Entity... Some think they live above the clouds even... Who has some role 😀

On 2/17/2024 at 2:54 AM, August1991 said:

I see a car cut across 3 lanes and slow down hesitantly, then change their minds and then just stop on a green light trying to get to the other side (forcing me to make an evasive maneuver not anticipating 3 to 4 sudden moves in a row), and expect to see a woman or a very old person at the wheel when I pass them.

Sure, not all women are horrible drivers, but have seen my share thst had no business driving an SUV or pickup truck, seeing them use a significant portion of each sidewalk they turned on, like it was part of the road.

Mind you, I don't care the gender, as long as they look competent, am calm. If they look disorganized and scatterbrained, I get nervous.

When lining up in the grocery, I choose a woman cashier.

I choose a self checkout. Less talking.

I like women who are good with money, so I have dated a few Asian women. 

Not sure why.

I must ask, why not.

I think the 'woman driver' thing is pretty damned outdated. My driver observations indicate that despite every car since the 1980s has cruise control the number of people to chicken or stupid to use it is about 90%, evenly distributed.

Showed my wife when we were dating, you get up too 100 then you push the button and take your foot off the gas. Touch the brake if you're getting too close to the guy in front. This 10km stretch here is notorious for radar, it's 60 and should be 80 or 90. Get to 60 and press the button, you don't have to worry.
No tickets in 16 years.
Her friend told me she only uses cruise for 'long stretches'. As she was driving on 60km of empty 2 lane road....
My buddy likes to be in 'full control', not even aware he's slowed to 80 on this corner, down a hill, unconcious that he speeds up on the right in every passing lane and by 20kmh anytime someone tries to pass. Most men don't even know they do this.

Cashiers: I admit it, I'd rather smile at some cute young girl than a red eyed, nose ringed, tattooed guy with a snarl cuz he hates the job.

Pilots: Don't give a damn what's between their legs, they won't be flying 200 people in a jet unless they're damn good at it.

Servers: I tip for service don't care if its a short ugly pimply 25 yr old guy with Coke bottle glasses or some hottie young girl. But I know most guys aren't like me and the girl will make triple the tips....

6 hours ago, herbie said:

I think the 'woman driver' thing is pretty damned outdated.

Disagree.

I prefer a male pilot.

And a female cashier.

=====

Let me explain further: I sometimes choose an older male cashier - he must be really good.

Edited by August1991
  • Haha 1

Everyone complains - but rich people more than poor people are likely to complain about the precision of something.  Rich people note mistakes more than poor people.

When lining up in the grocery, I choose a woman cashier. They are faster and more precise.

I try to decide things based what in observe. There is a woman cashier at the grocery store I shop at and if she was any slower she would be going in reverse. Sometimes they put her at the "express" checkout. I think they do it on purpose. I won't get in her line no matter how busy any other line is. It has nothing to do with her being a woman she is just s-l-o-w. I'm not sure how she keeps the job. 

As to pilots I can only guess they are competent if they are still alone to fly. Again I care more about someones ability than their sex. 

On 2/16/2024 at 11:54 PM, August1991 said:

Depends on the context but it's usually something out of the ordinary that triggers my sense that something might not be right. On a boat it's usually a sound or scent, something burning or a funny vibration.

On 2/16/2024 at 11:54 PM, August1991 said:

I note we still refer to boats as she. There's a lot more women running boats these days too but I never hear them referring to their boats as he.

It just wouldn't be right.

Edited by eyeball

On 2/21/2024 at 11:26 AM, Yakuda said:

I try to decide things based what in observe. There is a woman cashier at the grocery store I shop at and if she was any slower she would be going in reverse. Sometimes they put her at the "express" checkout. I think they do it on purpose. I won't get in her line no matter how busy any other line is. It has nothing to do with her being a woman she is just s-l-o-w. I'm not sure how she keeps the job. 

As to pilots I can only guess they are competent if they are still alone to fly. Again I care more about someones ability than their sex. 

Well said.

On 2/17/2024 at 8:23 AM, Michael Hardner said:

will play: People think there's something wrong when their image of how the machine of reality works is contradicted.

Machine of reality is set in place. Our understanding, our observations and physical sensations, the explanations provided to us by our moral sphere, our community, and the wizards, thought leaders, and sages that we look up to.

For some, there may even be a metaphysical entity... Entity... Some think they live above the clouds even... Who has some role 😀

I never heard it explain that way, thank you.... my experience is there  many machines of reality that co exist everywhere...and everyone can adapt to their surroundings, regardless of how good or bad, well some more than others.  

For instance take life in Canada we all obey the laws , our morals and values for the most part keep us in line....now something or some event can change all of that, one day i'm getting on a plane to Afghanistan....3 days later I'm in combat, everything that i have been taught about moral and values over the many years is instantly changed...my teachings are  not fit for survival. 

My morals and values are no longer the same, killing is expected, as is stepping over screaming wounded comrades to finish the enemy, seeing the horrors of war everyday is or will become normal...3/4 of the way through my tour it is time for my holidays, one day later i'm sitting down for a meal with my family, in Canada...i have not adjusted to this machine of reality, and it is a struggle to control all my emotions, instincts, etc....

Sorry for the rant, maybe i misunderstood your post....