Trump Isn’t Bluffing

Trump Isn’t Bluffing

And MANY of the MAGA CULT are happy about that because they've been conned into believing what Trump promises is good for them.

In the past few months, the former president has described himself as a “very proud election denier.” He has repeatedly threatened and intimidated judges, witnesses, prosecutors, and even the family of prosecutors involved in the cases against him, going so far as to say that his legal opponents will be consigned to mental asylums if he’s reelected. He has suggested that the man he picked for chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff deserves to be executed on grounds of treason. He’s called for investigating NBC and possibly yanking the network off the air, also on grounds of treason—one of his most direct attacks on the First Amendment. And he’s vowed to arrest and indict President Joe Biden and other political opponents for no apparent reason other than that they oppose him.

The fact that Trump’s ideas have become more authoritarian is not yet fully appreciated. One reason is people have heard Trump say outlandish things for so long that they can’t identify what’s new, or they’ve become numb. Another is venue: Once Trump left the White House and stopped tweeting, his vitriol became less noticeable to anyone who didn’t attend his rallies, seek out videos of them, or join Trump’s own Truth Social network.

Even when a comment is so extreme that it does break into the mainstream, what happens next is predictable. The first time Trump says something, people react with shock and compare him to Hitler. The second time, people say Trump is at it again. By the third time, it becomes background noise—an appalling but familiar part of the Trump shtick.

This is just the sort of “normalization” that Trump’s critics warned against from the start, but it’s also a natural human response to repeated exposure. The result is that Trump has been able to acclimate the nation to authoritarianism by introducing it early and often. When a second-term President Trump directs the Justice Department to lock up Democratic politicians or generals or reporters or activists on flimsy or no grounds at all, people will wring their hands, but they’ll also shrug and wonder why he didn’t do it sooner. After all, he’s been promising to do it forever, right? 

1%20copy.jpg

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

And MANY of the MAGA CULT are happy about that because they've been conned into believing what Trump promises is good for them.

No one even knows what Uncle Joe is promising anymore. Hard to figure out what he means. Apparently he greets everyone as the King of Mexico...

;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, godzilla said:

certain facts that Trump supporters can't answer... are silent. unless they just make some sweeping whataboutism or slag.

7 years of listening to your kind screaming at the top of their lungs about a lot of "Trump crime!" that turned out to be completely untrue will do that ;)  if all people here is you screaming all day then if you suddenly have something legit to scream about nobody cares.

It is way way way way way too late to 'scare' voters away from trump.  You've tried that for too long too hard. Now its just baked into the brand.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

7 years of listening to your kind screaming at the top of their lungs about a lot of "Trump crime!" that turned out to be completely untrue will do that ;)  if all people here is you screaming all day then if you suddenly have something legit to scream about nobody cares.

It is way way way way way too late to 'scare' voters away from trump.  You've tried that for too long too hard. Now it’s just baked into the brand.

Come on. The man has committed crimes. Now he promises to be a dictator if elected. He’s very specific that he doesn’t want Congress to pass any immigration laws because he intends to bypass the law if elected.  

A President who bypasses the law and ignores court orders and insists that he is immune from prosecution is a dictator. The Germans ignored warnings like these and it destroyed the entire country.  Yes, our government is inefficient and doesn’t always work right. But it is the system we have. If one person makes all decisions with no oversight of law or court, we become slaves.  

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No one even knows what Uncle Joe is promising anymore. Hard to figure out what he means. Apparently he greets everyone as the King of Mexico...

;)

Strangely I have NO PROBLEM understanding what Joe says. Maybe you need a hearing aid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Come on. The man has committed crimes. Now he promises to be a dictator if elected. He’s very specific that he doesn’t want Congress to pass any immigration laws because he intends to bypass the law if elected. 

Probably - but only  about 1/10th of what the dems accuse him of. And he hasn't been convicted yet.  Meanwhile you've got people even here claiming he WAS CONVICTED OF FRAUUUUD!! (could be facing real jail time).  I'm not even joking.

So now nobody cares and the dems need to take a serious lesson away form that.  Gratuitous and constant claims that are nonsense lead to people ignoring all claims and assuming they're all nonsense.  That is the way thing is. The story of the boy who cried wolf EXISTS FOR  A REASON.

And we all know he didn't mean he'd set aside democracy. He means he's going to tell everyone what to do and not listen to what they think.

But again  you make a rediculous claim that he's stating he intends to take over the country and rule it.  How.  How does that happen. Spell out that scenario. So now nobody takes you seriously.

There enough ACTUAL problems with trump without the dems making stuff up but now it's really too late.  Trump is 'dem proof' unless clear evidence of something unbelievably horrid appears and i mean it better have a note from god saying it's true.

58 minutes ago, Rebound said:

A President who bypasses the law and ignores court orders and insists that he is immune from prosecution is a dictator.

Dont be stupid.  THat is not a dictator. That's just a ass-hole. And again - now how do i take your next claim seriously?

50 minutes ago, godzilla said:

its always a good day when people are able to see through their mental models that clouded by ideology and see a little truth.

LOL. :)   I have no particular illusions about trump,  unlike some of the 'encamped' i tend to view things in a more practical and factual light.  And i'm not above a little tongue in cheek.  :)

but at  the end of the day trump will not be an actual dictator when he's re elected although i'm sure that he will be in the more general sense that hes' going to insist things are done 'his way'.  But there's no actual way for him to become a 'dictator'.

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

its always a good day when people are able to see through their mental models that clouded by ideology and see a little truth.

Just curious about your use of "mental models;" where did you get that?

I've been using it for a long time but never seen anyone else use it.

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It is way way way way way too late to 'scare' voters away from trump.  You've tried that for too long too hard. Now its just baked into the brand.

But its not untrue...Trump has been convicted of at least 9 crimes already and been charged with dozens more which carry likely convictions just based on the evidence already known. Now, add in what Trumps attorney agreed with the Supreme Court Justices on just recently in which past President Trump was told that for the crime of engaging in an Insurrection, Trump will be Citizen Trump, not President and thus has no immunity from causing or participating in it at any level, which opened his client to multiple other previously charged crimes;  there is quite a bit of evidence of Trump engaging in multiple crimes actually, even if some if his deluded followers don't want to recognize it. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sigh.

Ok.  Lets start with this one.

Which 9 crimes has trump been 'convicted' of. Crimes mind you.

On Dec 6, 2022 The Trump Organization, of which Donald Trump is President ,was convicted of 17 criminal charges , and you know what, Trump has lost so MANY Court cases it literally would take me a couple of days to.list them all. Take off your Red glasses and do a little research. Even just Google would do.  Start back in say the 1990's, though they go back before that also.  Oh and do look at the ones he lost in Germany and Scotland as well. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sigh.

only the Trump Organization has been convicted to date. with Trump supporters that doesn't percolate up even if he was the CEO of the organization.

as some of his supporters suspect... he will have been sent by god if he squeeks through the indictments he has. i mean the hush money case in March, really fail to see how he isn't convicted in that one alone.

but his supporters don't care. he's said he could shoot someone and not lose a supporter. so what does this say about the his supporters?

Edited by godzilla

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Probably - but only  about 1/10th of what the dems accuse him of. And he hasn't been convicted yet.  Meanwhile you've got people even here claiming he WAS CONVICTED OF FRAUUUUD!! (could be facing real jail time).  I'm not even joking.

So now nobody cares and the dems need to take a serious lesson away form that.  Gratuitous and constant claims that are nonsense lead to people ignoring all claims and assuming they're all nonsense.  That is the way thing is. The story of the boy who cried wolf EXISTS FOR  A REASON.

And we all know he didn't mean he'd set aside democracy. He means he's going to tell everyone what to do and not listen to what they think.

But again  you make a rediculous claim that he's stating he intends to take over the country and rule it.  How.  How does that happen. Spell out that scenario. So now nobody takes you seriously.

There enough ACTUAL problems with trump without the dems making stuff up but now it's really too late.  Trump is 'dem proof' unless clear evidence of something unbelievably horrid appears and i mean it better have a note from god saying it's true.

Dont be stupid.  THat is not a dictator. That's just a ass-hole. And again - now how do i take your next claim seriously?

Your last statement reminds me a lot of a certain voices of WWII.. both propagandists of the enemy. 

3 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

On Dec 6, 2022 The Trump Organization, of which Donald Trump is President ,was convicted of 17 criminal charges , and you know what, Trump has lost so MANY Court cases it literally would take me a couple of days to.list them all.

So you're saying trump doesn't have a single criminal charge. Not one, never mind 9.  Trump has never been convicted of a crime. 

Remember when i said the problem is you guys lie about his criminal record and you said "NO NO NO TRUMP HAS HAD 9 CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS!!!!" (honest!)

And here we are.  You've been dishonest YET AGAIN.  Trump has never been convicted of a crime that i've ever heard of and obviously not one you've heard of either.

ANd when people see you and others like you doing that they think "Wow  -  so  there's NOTHING truthful about trump that's bad you could talk about? You HAD to lie to come up with something negative about him?  What else did you lie about?"

You think people wouldn't look this up?

Trumps path back to the white house is paved with leftist lies.  You NEED to stop or it'll be trump now and whomever the trump replacement is again in 4 years.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sigh.

Note my other response, and add this..I spent the last 3 hours looking Trump up and his past  criminal behavior as documented by : the Spanish Civil Guard, the Swiss Counterintelligence, Mossad, the Italian Police, the Austrian Police, the German politzei, and the FBI. 

I am not going any further with this.  

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

only the Trump Organization has been convicted to date. with Trump supporters that doesn't percolate up even if he was the CEO of the organization.

At least you're being honest.  Which i appreciate. Tommy's statement was pretty direct - trump has been convicted of 9 crimes which of course isn't true.

Now - sure. His orgs and friends have been convicted of things but to get back to the point before we were side tracked the dems as a group have been saying he's going to be convicted next week and rock solid shocking proof of conspiracy will come next week etc etc for so long that people have stopped listening long ago.  And that's going to be a problem for the dems.  Especially because many of the higher up dems havne't figured this out and are still relying on it as a campaign strategy.

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

but his supporters don't care

Exactly.  In fact his soft supporters, the members of the mushy middle, don't care and that's death for the dems.

You can't call people the deplorables, the inhumans, the 'worst people ever' etc etc etc for 7 years as well as lie about trump being arrested next week for 7 years and have ANY of them still respect your opinion.  You  (and by you i mean any political party that does that) loses the ears of the people.

The left has basically bought trump another kick at being president and considering it's never happened like this before that's going to play right into his ego and he's going to be convinced everything he does is valid during his next presidency and it's the dems that made it happen.

3 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Your last statement reminds me a lot of a certain voices of WWII.. both propagandists of the enemy. 

OH -well in that case you're an 1diot. That sounded like nobody in ww2.  I mean - we already knew you were an 1diot but thanks for confirming it i guess?

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

At least you're being honest.  Which i appreciate. Tommy's statement was pretty direct - trump has been convicted of 9 crimes which of course isn't true.

Now - sure. His orgs and friends have been convicted of things but to get back to the point before we were side tracked the dems as a group have been saying he's going to be convicted next week and rock solid shocking proof of conspiracy will come next week etc etc for so long that people have stopped listening long ago.  And that's going to be a problem for the dems.  Especially because many of the higher up dems havne't figured this out and are still relying on it as a campaign strategy.

Exactly.  In fact his soft supporters, the members of the mushy middle, don't care and that's death for the dems.

You can't call people the deplorables, the inhumans, the 'worst people ever' etc etc etc for 7 years as well as lie about trump being arrested next week for 7 years and have ANY of them still respect your opinion.  You  (and by you i mean any political party that does that) loses the ears of the people.

The left has basically bought trump another kick at being president and considering it's never happened like this before that's going to play right into his ego and he's going to be convinced everything he does is valid during his next presidency and it's the dems that made it happen.

OH -well in that case you're an 1diot. That sounded like nobody in ww2.  I mean - we already knew you were an 1diot but thanks for confirming it i guess?

CdnFx...I suggest strongly, we stay off this topic entirely.  I cannot answer your questions on Why.  

8 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Note my other response, and add this..I spent the last 3 hours looking Trump up and his past  criminal behavior as documented by : the Spanish Civil Guard, the Swiss Counterintelligence, Mossad, the Italian Police, the Austrian Police, the German politzei, and the FBI.

so it took you three hours to realize you were wrong.

So - let me ask you. Why didn't you do all that resaerch BEFORE you spoke so that you weren't wrong in the first place?  I mean - doesn't it make sense to do that? If you're going to wind up spending the time anyway why not do it first and then look smart? Instead of looking like your're an uneducated lunatic and THEN do it??  I don't understand - do you LIKE to look like a jackass or something?

Any way you were wrong and now we both know it.  Trump has not had 9 convictions.

I am not going any further with this.  

Good - it's comforting to know your appetite for embarrassing yourself has limits.

Back to what i was saying - when you and other dems make false statements like that 24 hours a  day for months pretty soon your credibility is shot and people just don't care what you say.

Just now, Caswell Thomas said:

CdnFx...I suggest strongly, we stay off this topic entirely.  I cannot answer your questions on Why.  

I see you posted that while i was composing the reply i just put up. Fair enough if you feel the need to move on, lets move on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CdnFox said:

LOL. :)   I have no particular illusions about trump,  unlike some of the 'encamped' i tend to view things in a more practical and factual light.  And i'm not above a little tongue in cheek.  :)

but at  the end of the day trump will not be an actual dictator when he's re elected although i'm sure that he will be in the more general sense that hes' going to insist things are done 'his way'.  But there's no actual way for him to become a 'dictator'.

That is almost a quote that can be attributed to von Papen.

44 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!!!

Isn't it tiring to be afraid of your own imagination all the time?

If you are not concerned by this, you are not paying attention. You do not understand that if Russia attacks Latvia, it is an attack on the United States.

• Thanks 1