Tucker's Interview With Putin

8 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

He did more than that he presented Russian propaganda and couldn’t bring himself to ask even one tough question or challenge even one of Putin’s dubious claims.

He even produced a little video segment where he tried to falsely make it seem like poverty-riddn, crime-infested Russia is a paradise by filming bits in the ONE nice area where all the businesses and rich oligarchs go.

“The grocery store locks up their shopping carts so homeless people don’t steal them! Isn’t that amazing?”  

“Trust me this loaf of bread I’m sniffing smells better than American bread!”

“This ONE subway station is nicer than American subway stations!”

Jon Stewart aptly describes Tucker’s hack job  

Even Family Guy’s depiction of Russia is more realistic 

Tell me again?

Who's gonna win this war?

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Tell me again?

Who's gonna win this war?

Not Putin. A stalemate on this battlefield = Russia loses. Besides, his original goal was to conquer all Ukraine which he has failed to do. And will not do.

The best he can hope for is to hold on to what he’s got long term as a foreign occupying army which is not cheap in blood or treasure.  Russia’s economy is smaller than Canada’s it cannot continue to bleed hundreds of thousands more men and hundreds of billions of dollars indefinitely, especially while under sanctions. Something’s gotta give eventually even if Ukraine cannot dislodge them on the battlefield. . 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, godzilla said:

god when Tucker explains coin-operated shopping carts! hilarious! he's never seen one before!

Hilarious because here that’s not considered fancy or desirable, that’s just mostly at the low-end grocery stores. I expected him to next say “the aspirin and diapers are kept in a locked cabinet, you have to ask the staff for a key! Amazing!”

The shopping cart escalator that “he just figured out” is not special either. Multi-floor grocery stores in downtown city centres have them. I know of a few here in Toronto. 

9 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Not Putin. A stalemate on this battlefield = Russia loses. Besides, his original goal was to conquer all Ukraine which he has failed to do. And will not do.

The best he can hope for is to hold on to what he’s got long term as a foreign occupying army which is not cheap in blood or treasure.  Russia’s economy is smaller than Canada’s it cannot continue to bleed hundreds of thousands more men and hundreds of billions of dollars indefinitely, especially while under sanctions. Something’s gotta give eventually even if Ukraine cannot dislodge them on the battlefield. . 

Trying to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat huh? Who'd have thought you'd try this...

42 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Trying to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat huh? Who'd have thought you'd try this...

It's a little sad to watch them go down, when they know what's coming.

But like my pappy used to say, "Beware a drowning somnabltch."   ;)

43 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The Russians snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  2 years ago their invasion force had them on the outskirts of Kyiv, then their incompetence and corruption lead to that that loooong retreat which they still haven’t been able to reverse 

39 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It's a little sad to watch them go down, when they know what's coming.

But like my pappy used to say, "Beware a drowning somnabltch."   ;)

Meh...they all screamed, "Ukraine will win!"

Now they know they were wrong.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

The Russians snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  2 years ago their invasion force had them on the outskirts of Kyiv, then their incompetence and corruption lead to that that loooong retreat which they still haven’t been able to reverse 

Ya...well Beave...I and a few others looked at the situation and surmised that Ukraine couldn't possibly win this war. We were correct. You Libbies...were not.

Have a warm and fuzzy day

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

even justin doesn't know.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canadas-biden-trudeau-says-russia-must-win-war-in-embarrassing-gaffe

CANADA'S BIDEN?: Trudeau says Russia 'must win' war in embarrassing gaffe

I guess when China is your taskmaster, it can get confusing sometimes.