The many problems with Electric vehicles.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:23 AM, CdnFox said:

It's not just inefficient - it's impossible in practical terms.

With current solar panel tech even if your roof and hood were covered in panels, you were parked outside facing south with no obstructions around you and it was sunny all day it would still require about a week  of charging to recharge an electric vehicle. And that's in perfect conditions.

and anything you add to the exterior after the fact screws with the areodynamics of the vehicle and you lose range.

Even a home based solar grid is unlikely to provide enough power to give  a full charge in a day to an ev. At best it coudl top it up after short trips.

if it were even remotely useful all ev's would be sold with solar tech built in.

The things lefties come up with sometimes is staggering

Question:

Since most home EV chargers are 220V, 32A, does this mean that home air conditioners, electric ovens, electric heaters and hot tubs are also infeasible and incapable of working?  I'm just curious, because I thought they all use 220V and 30 to 40A, and they *seem* to work. 

Do electric cars need "magical" electricity? Do they need a special kind that air conditioners and hot tubs don't use?

Here, let me help you, since the only "learning" you engage in is by reading whatever the oil industry wants you to know. This is a graph of US electricity consumption since 1950. Let's pretend it's 1950, and the US is generating only 300 gigawatt hours of electricity. And looking to the year 1980, when the population's doubled and homes are all suburban and they have central air conditioning and all this stuff, requiring a whopping 2 trillion gigawatt hours of electricity... should we listen to a numbskull who tells us it's impossible? Cause look at what happened to electricity production!

electicconsumption.thumb.jpg.84eabd6b12803105c215ecd35bea87ab.jpg

Source: US DoE

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/electricity/use-of-electricity.php

Edited by Rebound

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Okay. So, if i ever decide to buy an EV, i feel safe in the knowing that i can bring with me some solar panels and a wind turbine and put them in my trunk when i go fishing or hunting in the bush for weeks. I feel a lot better knowing that. 😁

So, what do EV owners do that live in high rise buildings and have to park their EV's on the street? Where can they charge their EV batteries? Just asking. 

They probably can't charge them even in the underground. Most buildings don't have the infrastructure to handle more than a few chargers without major electrical upgrades and running power to the stalls is often very expensive and requires coring.

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

They probably can't charge them even in the underground. Most buildings don't have the infrastructure to handle more than a few chargers without major electrical upgrades and running power to the stalls is often very expensive and requires coring.

So you think high-rise buildings don't bring in a lot of electricity already?  Don't they operate air conditioners in high rise buildings? 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Okay. So, if i ever decide to buy an EV, i feel safe in the knowing that i can bring with me some solar panels and a wind turbine and put them in my trunk when i go fishing or hunting in the bush for weeks. I feel a lot better knowing that. 😁

So, what do EV owners do that live in high rise buildings and have to park their EV's on the street? Where can they charge their EV batteries? Just asking. 

Most HIGH-rise buildings have parking garages with charging stations now. Maybe not in Canada.

My fitness center clogged up their parking lot for months installing 3 charging stations in a prime parking location.

49 minutes ago, Rebound said:

So you think high-rise buildings don't bring in a lot of electricity already?  Don't they operate air conditioners in high rise buildings? 

Dude - this is an area where i'm expert.  they do not bring in even enough power to provide for half the parking stalls to have chargers - most barely have the power for a quarter, and that's even with some clever load sharing.

That's why it just became law in British columbia that strata corporations are going to be required to get an electrical report and audit done by 2026 to determine how they can stretch their load as far as possible and what will be required to upgrade - IF the local electric grid can supply it TO the buliding which in most cases they can't.

Sorry  -  i am 100 percent right about this and i think you know me well enough to know if i make that claim i've done my research thoroughly.

Even right now it's a major problem for people with ev's and many charge their vehicles off site before coming home because there's no other choices.

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Most HIGH-rise buildings have parking garages with charging stations now. Maybe not in Canada.

My fitness center clogged up their parking lot for months installing 3 charging stations in a prime parking location.

Not all EV owners are able to park their EV vehicles inside a garage. I know this for a fact because i have to park my ICE vehicle on the street. 

And probably no one uses all of them. And guess who pays for the installation of those 3 charging units? You do with your fitness fees. 😇

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Nope. The vast majority don't.  If they do they'll have a post out front for everyone to share (good luck ) and a very small handful of stalls that owners will pay extra for that come equipped with chargers and that's about it.

The vast - vast majority of stalls in both highrises and low rises do not have chargers and putting them in would be a major pain.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Not all EV owners are able to park their EV vehicles inside a garage. I know this for a fact because i have to park my ICE vehicle on the street. 

And probably no one uses all of them. And guess who pays for the installation of those 3 charging units? You do with your fitness fees. 😇

Nope, the EV owners pay to charge their cars.

17 hours ago, robosmith said:

Nope, the EV owners pay to charge their cars.

It is the fitness center that will pay for the installation of those EV chargers and thus pass the cost onto their clients as part of their membership fees. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

It is the fitness center that will pay for the installation of those EV chargers and thus pass the cost onto their clients as part of their membership fees. 

Nope, they make a PROFIT from cars charging on them. For all I know they made a deal with a charging company and get a kick back from the charging revenue for space rental.

24 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Nope, they make a PROFIT from cars charging on them. For all I know they made a deal with a charging company and get a kick back from the charging revenue for space rental.

I can believe that alright. So, then it is all about the money. Come join our fitness club where all the members can help the club in making a little extra money on the side with membership fees. Another climate crisis like scam. 

The climate crisis is not about any climate crisis at all but has more to do with making big bucks for the globalist climate pushers like Al Gore and J. Kerry and that little biotch(forgot her name)from Sweden who should have stayed in school. 

32 minutes ago, taxme said:

I can believe that alright. So, then it is all about the money. Come join our fitness club where all the members can help the club in making a little extra money on the side with membership fees. Another climate crisis like scam. 

The climate crisis is not about any climate crisis at all but has more to do with making big bucks for the globalist climate pushers like Al Gore and J. Kerry and that little biotch(forgot her name)from Sweden who should have stayed in school. 

Sorry but your very cynical and ignorant conclusions make no sense. 

Maybe you should study the atmospheric physics of GHG warming before you draw such sweeping conclusions.

32 minutes ago, taxme said:

thats right! and climate change is the public's fault! not oil companies!

Exxon CEO blames public for failure to fix climate change

"Exxon Mobil Corp. CEO Darren Woods told editors from Fortune that the world has “waited too long” to begin investing in a broader suite of technologies to slow planetary heating."

hang on... did he just admit...

16 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Sorry but your very cynical and ignorant conclusions make no sense. 

Maybe you should study the atmospheric physics of GHG warming before you draw such sweeping conclusions.

You try and prove to me that there is a real climate crisis? Where is there a real climate crisis happening anywhere, other then the ones being created by the globalist elite? Do you really think that all of those many fires and flood disasters just came along by them selves lately? Ever heard of HARRP? Look it up on the internet. There you will see what the elite globalists are and have been up too. They globalists are fkn around with the weather and the atmosphere. Hello? 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

You try and prove to me that there is a real climate crisis? Where is there a real climate crisis happening anywhere, other then the ones being created by the globalist elite? Do you really think that all of those many fires and flood disasters just came along by them selves lately? Ever heard of HARRP? Look it up on the internet. There you will see what the elite globalists are and have been up too. They globalists are fkn around with the weather and the atmosphere. Hello? 

Until you study the basics, you have no ability to understand anything else about climate.

21 minutes ago, godzilla said:

thats right! and climate change is the public's fault! not oil companies!

Exxon CEO blames public for failure to fix climate change

"Exxon Mobil Corp. CEO Darren Woods told editors from Fortune that the world has “waited too long” to begin investing in a broader suite of technologies to slow planetary heating."

hang on... did he just admit...

What gawd dam heating of the earth are you talking about? If the earth has heated up by 10 - 15 F or C degrees, well then, you may have something to talk about and fear. Even if the earth's temperature goes up by one degree, the world will not be flooded by such a small degree. 

He just admitted nothing. But if you are so concerned about climate change, then you best go after China or India, both big contributors to a possible climate change in temperature. But until then, stop talking about something you really know nothing about. There really is no climate crisis at all. That is all just globalist elite propaganda and bullshit. Really. 

Woke up, will you. 😀

30 minutes ago, taxme said:

What gawd dam heating of the earth are you talking about? If the earth has heated up by 10 - 15 F or C degrees, well then, you may have something to talk about and fear. Even if the earth's temperature goes up by one degree, the world will not be flooded by such a small degree. 

He just admitted nothing. But if you are so concerned about climate change, then you best go after China or India, both big contributors to a possible climate change in temperature. But until then, stop talking about something you really know nothing about. There really is no climate crisis at all. That is all just globalist elite propaganda and bullshit. Really. 

Woke up, will you. 😀

no just talking about the "planetary heating". its too late says EXXON.

19 hours ago, godzilla said:

no just talking about the "planetary heating". its too late says EXXON.

The CEO is trying to blame me because i drive an ICE vehicle? And why would he say such a stupid thing? It is myself and many other hundreds of millions of drivers who own ICE vehicles that helps to pay his obscene salary. The fool is just trying to look like just another woke CEO who must appear to be trying to please the whiners and crybaby lefties out there who keep pushing this climate crisis nonsense agenda. Where is all this planetary heating going on anyway? You tell me? 

4 hours ago, taxme said:

The CEO is trying to blame me because i drive an ICE vehicle? And why would he say such a stupid thing? It is myself and many other hundreds of millions of drivers who own ICE vehicles that helps to pay his obscene salary. The fool is just trying to look like just another woke CEO who must appear to be trying to please the whiners and crybaby lefties out there who keep pushing this climate crisis nonsense agenda. Where is all this planetary heating going on anyway? You tell me? 

Most greatly at the poles where the melting ice is causing abnormal sea level rise.

And the melting permafrost will trigger a catastrophic tipping point. You know what that is?

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 4:33 PM, robosmith said:

Most greatly at the poles where the melting ice is causing abnormal sea level rise.

And the melting permafrost will trigger a catastrophic tipping point. You know what that is?

And of course you have been to the both poles to see this great big melt going on, eh? So, just how did you go about measuring sea level rise yourself? Or are you just relying on one of those climate crisis buffoons like Al Gore for your info? 

I prefer to listen to people like Mark Marano of Climate Depot website. Mark makes way more sense than you climate change losers ever do. And where in the world is the sea level rising anyway? 

I agree that the melting of the permafrost is something to be concerned about but no one really knows for certain as to why it is melting. Or maybe those pictures that we see of permafrost melting are pictures of what happens every year in the Arctic.

The climate crisis bull shitters have been well known to lie about many climate change activities happening in the world. When it comes to the MSM, i think twice before i will believe what they say.

Al Gore has predicted for many decades that the world will soon be flooded. Miami was supposed to end up being under water in 2020. Shocking, but that has not happened yet. What happened to his prediction? Do you know? 😇

Edited by taxme

21 minutes ago, taxme said:

And of course you have been to the both poles to see this great big melt going on, eh? So, just how did you go about measuring sea level rise yourself? Or are you just relying on one of those climate crisis buffoons like Al Gore for your info? 

I prefer to listen to people like Mark Marano of Climate Depot website. Mark makes way more sense than you climate change losers ever do. And where in the world is the sea level rising anyway? 

I agree that the melting of the permafrost is something to be concerned about but no one really knows for certain as to why it is melting. Or maybe those pictures that we see of permafrost melting are pictures of what happens every year in the Arctic.

The climate crisis bull shitters have been well known to lie about many climate change activities happening in the world. When it comes to the MSM, i think twice before i will believe what they say.

Al Gore has predicted for many decades that the world will soon be flooded. Miami was supposed to end up being under water in 2020. Shocking, but that has not happened yet. What happened to his prediction? Do you know? 😇

The permafrost is melting due to HIGHER TEMPERATURES. Duh.

I don't need to go to the poles to get the REPORTS about what is happening.

And Morano is a PR hack, worse than Gore, cause at least Gore was a student of a Climate EXPERT Roger Revelle.

You really are ignorant about climate and in NO POSITION to post authoritative OPINION.

15 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The permafrost is melting due to HIGHER TEMPERATURES. Duh.

I don't need to go to the poles to get the REPORTS about what is happening.

And Morano is a PR hack, worse than Gore, cause at least Gore was a student of a Climate EXPERT Roger Revelle.

You really are ignorant about climate and in NO POSITION to post authoritative OPINION.

The permafrost melts always starts to melt when the the temperatures start to rise in the north, dodo. 

Well then, how do you know what you are being told is all for real, dodo? You need to be there for yourself and check the situation out for yourself, dodo. Do you believe everything the MSM tells you, dodo? 

Al Gore is a PR WEF globalist hack. Gore was probably a student of the globalist climate pushers like your so-called "expert" Revelle and that guy was probably being paid by the globalists themselves to try and spread some mis and disinformation about climate change.

As i said already, which you probably on purpose ignored, Gore predicted that Miami would be under water by 2020. He was lying and he knew that was never going to happen. Gore has made hundreds of millions of dollars off of fools and suckers like you. Woke the fhk up, will you. 

Hey, maybe it is you that is the ignorant one here, not surprising, and you are in NO POSITION to act as though you are a know it all expert here with your posting of phony authoritative opinions. You know about climate change as much as i know about climate change and that is pretty much phk all. 

Just where have you seen rising sea levels happening in the world today? You are suppose to be the expert here, so where is this happening in the world today? Maybe you should check with Al Gore first? LOL.

6 hours ago, taxme said:

The permafrost melts always starts to melt when the the temperatures start to rise in the north, dodo. 

That's SEASONAL, NOT CLIMATE, DODO

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Well then, how do you know what you are being told is all for real, dodo? You need to be there for yourself and check the situation out for yourself, dodo. Do you believe everything the MSM tells you, dodo? 

Al Gore is a PR WEF globalist hack. Gore was probably a student of the globalist climate pushers like your so-called "expert" Revelle and that guy was probably being paid by the globalists themselves to try and spread some mis and disinformation about climate change.

As i said already, which you probably on purpose ignored, Gore predicted that Miami would be under water by 2020. He was lying and he knew that was never going to happen. Gore has made hundreds of millions of dollars off of fools and suckers like you. Woke the fhk up, will you. 

Hey, maybe it is you that is the ignorant one here, not surprising, and you are in NO POSITION to act as though you are a know it all expert here with your posting of phony authoritative opinions. You know about climate change as much as i know about climate change and that is pretty much phk all. 

Just where have you seen rising sea levels happening in the world today? You are suppose to be the expert here, so where is this happening in the world today? Maybe you should check with Al Gore first? LOL.

"Probably" means YOU DON'T KNOW.

Dr. Revelle is a respected pioneering CLIMATE SCIENTIST. at Harvard Duh

Jul 17, 1991  Revelle (pronounced ruh-VEL) founded and became director of the Center for Population Studies at Harvard University. Roger Randall Dougan ...

You couldn't carry his pocket protector. LMAO

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

Jul 17, 1991  Revelle (pronounced ruh-VEL) founded and became director of the Center for Population Studies at Harvard University. Roger Randall Dougan ...

Says 'Center for Population Studies'. Is that where they do research on how to make lemmings all go off a cliff?

Because hella yes

Watchin you people get taken for a long ride...

10 hours ago, robosmith said:

You was doing okay until 'Harvard".