And here's the New York Times telling people that if elected Trump will actually 'execute' his political opponents

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Short but sweet :)   Literally telling the audience trump will execute people  :)

And the left will scream that it's Republicans who's 'rhetoric is getting overheated'. 

When did the Times say that? Your clip is from MSNBC, that was just Joe Scarborough mouthing off.

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - but when you go over that to the point of "he's going to execute people" - it's waaaaaaay far over a line

That kind of excessive rhetoric isn't helping.

You think Trump calling opponents vermin and threatening to lock them up and putting people in camps is helping anything other than revving up his base? You want to talk about excessive rhetoric, look at the source.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-donald-trump-adolf-hitler-viral-quote-comparison-accurate-1843501

Edited by Aristides

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

When did the Times say that? Your clip is from MSNBC, that was just Joe Scarborough mouthing off.

Yes, former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough. And for people who aren't aware, the NY Times is a print media company, not a cable news network. ?

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

You think Trump calling opponents vermin and threatening to lock them up and putting people in camps is helping anything other than revving up his base? You want to talk about excessive rhetoric, look at the source.

Annnnnnd as predicted....  :)

So your claim is that this guy was forced to extreme rhetoric by trump.

You can't even speak out against this - your first instinct is to 'protect the left' and try to deflect.

Here's a guy saying if trump wins he'll kill people. What do you think about that. Then we can do trump another time.

30 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Annnnnnd as predicted....  :)

So your claim is that this guy was forced to extreme rhetoric by trump.

You can't even speak out against this - your first instinct is to 'protect the left' and try to deflect.

Here's a guy saying if trump wins he'll kill people. What do you think about that. Then we can do trump another time.

He wasn't forced at all and the rhetoric was extreme but you calling him on extreme rhetoric is pretty much the pot calling kettle.

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

He wasn't forced at all and the rhetoric was extreme but you calling him on extreme rhetoric is pretty much the pot calling kettle.

But he must have been - according to you it's all Trumps fault!  He's the "source".!!!!  :)   No?  Well there you go.

And i notice you still can't denounce this behavior.  How very tribal.

And no - its not calling the kettle black. it would be the pot calling the kettle black if TRUMP called him out on it, but I'm not a public figure using strong rhetoric for either side.  So me pointing it out is perfectly normal.

Just cuz he says it doesn't mean he'll actually do it.

Like building a wall and making Mexico pay for it.

Like protecting American workers.

Like preventing wars and reigning in Little Kim and the Ayatollahs

Like building new cars in the USA

Forget all the lies unless they're of his total innocence....

27 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But he must have been - according to you it's all Trumps fault!  He's the "source".!!!!  :)   No?  Well there you go.

And i notice you still can't denounce this behavior.  How very tribal.

And no - its not calling the kettle black. it would be the pot calling the kettle black if TRUMP called him out on it, but I'm not a public figure using strong rhetoric for either side.  So me pointing it out is perfectly normal.

His reaction wasn't Trumps fault, he has to be accountable for his own extremist speech. Too bad you won't hold Trump accountable for his.

Edited by Aristides

9 minutes ago, herbie said:

Just cuz he says it doesn't mean he'll actually do it.

When did he say he was going to execute his opponents exactly?

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

His reaction wasn't Trumps fault, he has to be accountable for his own extremist speech. Too bad you won't hold Trump accountable for his.

Wow - what was that, 4 posts to finally get you to admit the truth?

And when spcificaly have i refused to hold trump accountable for his speech? Or were you thinking i should just randomly do it here and there?  I don't see any threads about trump claiming biden was going to have anyone executed or the like, did i miss it?

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Wow - what was that, 4 posts to finally get you to admit the truth?

And when spcificaly have i refused to hold trump accountable for his speech? Or were you thinking i should just randomly do it here and there?  I don't see any threads about trump claiming biden was going to have anyone executed or the like, did i miss it?

I said Scarborough's comments were extreme several posts ago.

I've never had a problem telling the truth.

When have you held Trump accountable for his speach? 

Edited by Aristides

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Short but sweet :)   Literally telling the audience trump will execute people  :)

And the left will scream that it's Republicans who's 'rhetoric is getting overheated'. 

Trump already suggested Gen Milley should be executed for TREASON just for talking to China behind his back..

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

I said Scarborough's comments were extreme several posts ago.

And you said trump was the source. And you pointed out trumps comments about locking them up as an example.   And then somehow it was my fault and i was being a hypocrite for saying this guy shouldn't be extreme when i've never defended trumps extremeisms or even really commented on them much.

I've never had a problem telling the truth.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

When have you held Trump accountable for his speach? 

So you can't point to a case where it came up and i didnt?  Or are you going with 'you should be randomly doing so here and there'.

And when exactly did trump say one of the dems was going to kill their opponents? I'll go there right now and condemn it.

It's so typical of you on the left.  This guy's statements were trump's fault because he's the source, I'm at fault because undefined reasons, I should be randomly condemning trump here and there or something, etc etc.

This, right here, is an example of msnbc allowing severely over the top rhetoric. So when the left accuse trump (as they often seem to do) of turning up the political temperature with rhetoric - it's worth noting they are far from it themselves.

"execute" people.