If you keep bringing in Muslims, then you have to deal with the consequences.

15 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Is this religious, or cultural?

If its religious, by your stance, it means all Muslims think like this. That women's rights are beneath them. Equality. That they can't adapt to a country when moving to it.

Look up what Islamic law says about female witnesses. It's why rape charges are almost never pressed. A woman who charges a man with rape and has only her word against his fails because a woman's word is only worth half that of a man. 

20 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I can't imagine anyone seriously thinks the problem is Muslims.  The are about 1.5 billion of them.  If they were the problem, we'd all be in trouble.

Because most of themdon't live here. But if you look at their Islamic countries you get a glimpse of it. They have a boatload of problems over there. Now when they come here, they bring in those problems. Not all of course but it is the shit disturbers we must focus on. The majority live by passive acceptance of the intolerance they witness in their own society. For them those harsh attitudes are normal.

There's literally no intelligent, factual debate to be made for islamic inclusivity and tolerance. Eventually, once all of the lies are disproven, their argument comes down to: "If you tell the truth we'll kill you!"

In every muslim country religious discrimination is codified: i.e. there are rules/laws in place that discriminate against non-muslims, and, generally speaking, members of the public are allowed to inflict those laws on non-compliant persons with impunity.  For example, women who don't wear the hijab/niqab, etc can be harassed, spit on, assaulted or raped and the police will call them a whore if they complain. In Iran women are being whipped and jailed for decades just for removing their own hijabs. 

Women need permission from their men (husband or father) to do basic adult things like drive a car, go to school etc. If they are even allowed to divorec they basically have no rights. 

The death penalty for apostasy is still on the books in about a dozen muslim countries. 

It's not like the majority of muslim countries are above this, and it's just a few backwards countries are worse: this is what you get in the very best of the best countries. Their backwards countries, such as Pakistan and Afghanistan, are much worse. 

In Palestine there are so many terrorists that a terrorist org is powerful enough to have the run of the country. Ditto for Afghanistan. In Pakistan the army was just committing genocide/ethnic cleansing again in 2018. It was on a much smaller scale than in 1948 and 1971, when their genocides were in the millions, but there's almost no one left in Pakistan to commit genocide against...

We already have muslim terrorism here, and the threat of islamic terrorism is always looming. At every Christmas market around the world there are truck barricades up now, due to recent terrorist attacks on them with trucks. Religious celebrations in Europe, NA, SA Asia and Africa don't have security because of Hindus, whites, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs, Atheists, etc. It's just to protect them from one group. 

Our national anti-terrorism budget would be in the thousands of dollars to protect against the above groups. We spend billions, just because of muslims. 

5 hours ago, I am Groot said:

That's all well and good, but who makes these laws? The politicians? And who elects them?

Right now 80% of the population of greater Toronto and 72% of greater Vancouver are immigrants and their kids. This number is going to rise precipitously with Trudeau's big increases in immigration. More than half the population of Canada will be immigrants by about 2030. And as we've put no effort at either screening newcomers, most of whom are from the third world,  or integrating them, that is going to change our overall values and what laws Canada supports.

Yeah, I was always in favour of the Barbaric Cultural Practices Act.  As an immigrant myself, I could never see a problem with telling immigrants exactly what was expected of them, and what would happen to them if they screwed up.  I could never figure out what people had against it.

Sure. But if the argument is "Why should you worry about bringing tens of thousands of men here who think death is the proper punishment for a whore when we have men here who like to grope them or watch them on the internet?" well, then, what can you say to such an argument but laugh in their face?

Right, but that laughter shouldn't downplay examples of the poor treatment of women by our society, just because it doesn't reach the depths of depravity it reaches under Sharia Law.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Because most of themdon't live here. But if you look at their Islamic countries you get a glimpse of it. They have a boatload of problems over there. Now when they come here, they bring in those problems. Not all of course but it is the shit disturbers we must focus on. The majority live by passive acceptance of the intolerance they witness in their own society. For them those harsh attitudes are normal.

Yes, I don't disagree.  I do come from Bradford, West Yorkshire, after all.  But I was basically just saying what you are saying in the last part of your post. 

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yes, I don't disagree.  I do come from Bradford, West Yorkshire, after all.  But I was basically just saying what you are saying in the last part of your post. 

Well now I certainly know Mr. Trudeau is in trouble, when even the greasiest of unwashed leftists start agreeing with me...

;)

On 11/12/2023 at 4:59 PM, bcsapper said:

I can't imagine anyone seriously thinks the problem is Muslims.  The are about 1.5 billion of them.  If they were the problem, we'd all be in trouble.

Agreed.

I strongly object to those left-handed people!

As to those social-conservatives - I want none of them either!

======

IMV, we all have a misunderstanding of why people move around the world: Poor people are "immigrants", rich people are "expats".

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Are all the anti-drag queen people also opposed to women dressing as men?  

You know….   Short hair…. Wearing pants…. Maybe a blazer….  No makeup….   

If not, why not?

For me, drag queens have always been associated in popular culture with prostitution and dangerous and perverse sexual activities. To have them reading to children is just, frankly bizarre, and would have utterly horrified people even 25 years ago.

Drag queens aren't trying to pretend to be women. They're not dressing like women. Drag queens are fetishizing this incredibly sexual, overblown image of women. It's as realistic as a blow-up doll, if those still exist.

On 11/12/2023 at 4:59 PM, bcsapper said:

From what I'm given to understand from people like Douglas Murray perhaps 15%-20% of Muslims can be described as Islamists.

And we make no effort whatsoever to determine who is and who isn't when considering possible immigrants. We now have about two million Muslims in Canada, pretty much all of them immigrants and their kids. If we take the smaller number that means about 300,000 are Islamists. And what I see lately is them starting to flex their newfound and still-growing muscles.

So 'Let's bring in more' doesn't sound to me like a good plan.

6 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Maybe try different prostitutes?  Or maybe don’t believe everything you see in “popular culture “.  

Even they admit it. There was no other reason to get dressed up like this and go out unless you were in an old-time burlesque show of which there were damned few.

48 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

From what I'm given to understand from people like Douglas Murray perhaps 15%-20% of Muslims can be described as Islamists.

And we make no effort whatsoever to determine who is and who isn't when considering possible immigrants. We now have about two million Muslims in Canada, pretty much all of them immigrants and their kids. If we take the smaller number that means about 300,000 are Islamists. And what I see lately is them starting to flex their newfound and still-growing muscles.

So 'Let's bring in more' doesn't sound to me like a good plan.

Not without telling them that drag queens are legal, anyway!

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

What I get from this is you really don't care who comes in or what their beliefs are.

I don't care what your beliefs are, why should I care what theirs are?

I just care what people do.

35 minutes ago, herbie said:

There are radio shows you can call into and make such claims with hosts too gutless to call you out on your bullshit.

This isn't one of them

Prove ii.

LOL You seriously want me to prove that larger populations have more political influence in a democracy?

Edited by I am Groot

They grow in numbers and then they get politically active and then they change the laws to suit themselves.

That would definitely be a concern for me if they wanted to outlaw drag queens or stop schools from teaching that homosexuality and trans people are perfectly normal.

(Or that women should not be allowed out without a veil and blasphemers should be killed, but I imagine that's down the road a bit)

That said, an earlier post by you says that 15-20% of Muslims can be described as Islamists..  That would mean 80-85% of them would not be. 

So we should do what?  An outright ban on any religious people entering the country without a sworn statement that they are well aware of the secular and tolerant nature of the society they are joining and an affirmation that they approve?

I'd be okay with that.

3 hours ago, herbie said:

There are radio shows you can call into and make such claims with hosts too gutless to call you out on your bullshit.

This isn't one of them

Prove ii.

In Canada they keep trying the get Sharia law implemented. 

In other countries, when their population reaches a certain threshhold, they try to get their own sovereign states. For example, in the Philippines, China, Russia, Burma, etc they resort to terrorism to try to get their own nation-states formed so that they can live under muslim-only governments.

The Rohingya in Burma/Myanmar have garnered a lot of sympathy from the world at large, but essentially they have been a terrorist org for a very long time. If they ever do get their own state, the local Buddhist population will be lucky to get the Palestinian treatment - they'll more likely go the way of the Sikhs and Hindus in nearby Pakistan.

Islamists have been trying to gain sovereignty over their own island, or islands, in the Philippines since before WWII. Again, they feel like they need their own island with their own government because they can't abide a government of a different religion.

In China the Uyghers also wanted their own state, their own gov't, etc. They opted to use terrorist attacks as a means of achieving that, slicing up Chinese citizens, so the Chinese gov't compromised and gave them some camps and their own economy.

The Chechyns in Russia also want to separate. Again.... You get the picture.

Having a large muslim population is not a recipe for peace and stability. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in Bosnia Herzegovina over the next few decades. It's almost 50/50 Muslim/Christian. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:24 PM, bcsapper said:

Good old Bradford. I lived in Manchester and took a trip to Bradford, they wouldn't let me in cos I didn't have a passport.

1 minute ago, herbie said:

So you say. Can't say how where what or when but you all love to say it.

OMG. 

You didn't even do a 1-second Google search to see if what I said was true before you came here to prove how stupid you are ?

FYI if you had an IQ over 50 then you definitely would have found something to take umbrage to in my post, but that wasn't it.

Clearly it was way over your head or you'd have rejoiced in talking about it. 

Ask all of your leftard friends to sift through it. When anyone with half a brain sees it, their eyes will bug out, and you can come back here to get your righteous wrath fix. 

This is where you say: "Thanks for the heads-up! I can't believe I get to be right for once!"