With growth in clean energy 'unstoppable,' fossil fuels will peak by 2030, energy agency says

CdnFox

7 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

No.  Apparently you don’t.  

And your choice to once again put up an empty sore loser post containing insults and no substance shows that you know this to be true. I hope you don’t play poker because you have a really obvious tell.

Whereas  your choice is to put up stupid, double down on the stupid and then triple down on the stupid

On top of which the original comment is stupid - most places still burn fuel to produce electricity so what you said about ev's doesn't even make sense in the first place.   Where do you think electricity comes from for most people? Still fossil fuels.

Well you may be dumb as hell but at least you're consistent i suppose.

Just now, PIK said:

We don't have the infrastructure for all electric cars. And if we produce less oil, it will to expensive to make anything out of it.

Well even if we did - most parts of the us and large hunks of Canada and TONNES of areas around teh world still burn fuel to produce electricity.  It may be slightly more efficient than burning it in a car but you're still going to get an increase in fuel consumption if you add vehicles due to a growing population.  Never mind the fact there's zero chance of swiching our trucking, aircraft, etc etc.

I just don't see how it would be possible in that time frame.

43 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Whereas  your choice is to put up stupid, double down on the stupid and then triple down on the stupid

On top of which the original comment is stupid - most places still burn fuel to produce electricity so what you said about ev's doesn't even make sense in the first place.   Where do you think electricity comes from for most people? Still fossil fuels.

Well you may be dumb as hell but at least you're consistent i suppose.

Lol you are clearly off your meds and confused. Who are you arguing against?    Let’s recap:

1) Nefarious Banana said You couldn't even push your electric vehicle into your garage without petroleum based components.  

2) Then I joined the conversation to point out that “petroleum based components make up a very small portion of oil production. That is all I’ve said regarding this thread’s topic  

3) Then you went off on me like an unhinged idi0t 

4) Now you’re attacking me with a your claim  that even EVs will need fossil fuels for electricity which has nothing to do with anything I’ve said in this thread. But just to be clear: you’re now contradicting facts YOU POSTED IN YOUR OWN FIRST POST in this thread which you said were “optimistic but who knows”:

The way the world is powered will change dramatically by the end of the decade, thanks to surging demand for electric vehicles and clean energy technologies, a new report from the International Energy Agency says.

The IEA projects that by 2030: 

• Nearly half of the world's electricity supply will come from renewable energy.

• Ten times as many electric cars will be on the road.

• Heat pumps and other electric heating systems will outsell fossil fuel boilers.

• There will be three times as much investment in new offshore wind projects than coal- and gas-fired power plants.

• Solar energy will generate more electricity than the entire U.S. power system currently does.

The projections, which are based on governmentpolicies that are already in place worldwide, are part of the IEA's annual World Energy Outlook, releasedTuesday.

Edited by BeaverFever

56 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Lol you are clearly off your meds and confused. Who are you arguing against?    Let’s recap:

1) Nefarious Banana said You couldn't even push your electric vehicle into your garage without petroleum based components.  

2) Then I joined the conversation to point out that “petroleum based components make up a very small portion of oil production. That is all I’ve said regarding this thread’s topic  

3) Then you went off on me like an unhinged idi0t 

4) Now you’re attacking me with a your claim  that even EVs will need fossil fuels for electricity which has nothing to do with anything I’ve said in this thread. But just to be clear: you’re now contradicting facts YOU POSTED IN YOUR OWN FIRST POST in this thread which you said were “optimistic but who knows”:

The way the world is powered will change dramatically by the end of the decade, thanks to surging demand for electric vehicles and clean energy technologies, a new report from the International Energy Agency says.

The IEA projects that by 2030: 

• Nearly half of the world's electricity supply will come from renewable energy.

• Ten times as many electric cars will be on the road.

• Heat pumps and other electric heating systems will outsell fossil fuel boilers.

• There will be three times as much investment in new offshore wind projects than coal- and gas-fired power plants.

• Solar energy will generate more electricity than the entire U.S. power system currently does.

The projections, which are based on governmentpolicies that are already in place worldwide, are part of the IEA's annual World Energy Outlook, releasedTuesday.

You need some Pamprin. 

53 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Think for a minute.  I'll go slowly.

You... Would... STILL.... need .... The.... Fossil... Fuels... to... burn.... to ..... provide ... the ... .electricity.... to ..... get ,,, your ,. car.. into .... your... garage.

So regardless you would still need significant petrolium products to get your vehicle anywhere.

Never mind kid - you're just too stupid for this conversation. Back to your lego.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Like i noted above - every time @Moonbox loses an argument for the next few weeks he follows me around just randomly attacking and picking fights hoping he can massage his ego and find something to be right about.  Like... who does that?

I notice how you ping me then proceed to talk about how I'm the one following you.  That's some special school reasoning there bud.  ?

12 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I notice how you ping me then proceed to talk about how I'm the one following you.  That's some special school reasoning there bud.  ?

You'd already jumped into this conversation :)   I'm not 'pinging' you into something new, you were already here following me around. Is your short term memory acting up?

I just pointed out that i'm not the only one laughing at you for it :)