Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

4 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I can criticize the policies of successive Israeli governments, in particular this one, and still recognize that Hamas is an enemy of all that I hold dear.

If you do it in the same breath, you're making excuses for hamas.

Generally being critical of israel's gov't or actions is fine.  But when you imply that those actions resulted in this war (the 'vacuum' excuse) then what you're saying is that it's "understandable" or somewhat justified that this happened. 

If you want to discuss israel's role in the whole peace process that's fine but it has NOTHING to do with the decision by Gaza to initiate a war by slaughtering thousands of civillians deliberately as a target of terror. Just so were' clear.

38 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If you do it in the same breath, you're making excuses for hamas.

Generally being critical of israel's gov't or actions is fine.  But when you imply that those actions resulted in this war (the 'vacuum' excuse) then what you're saying is that it's "understandable" or somewhat justified that this happened. 

If you want to discuss israel's role in the whole peace process that's fine but it has NOTHING to do with the decision by Gaza to initiate a war by slaughtering thousands of civillians deliberately as a target of terror. Just so were' clear.

Just so we’re clear, I have a fundamental problem with Hamas as I stated above. No reasonable person would regard my post as an endorsement of what they have done but this place is different. We don’t all have to follow a party line in Canada. Not yet, anyway. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

34 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Just so we’re clear, I have a fundamental problem with Hamas as I stated above. No reasonable person would regard my post as an endorsement of what they have done but this place is different. We don’t all have to follow a party line in Canada. Not yet, anyway. 

Wow - looks like i hit closer to home than i meant to. 

You have  a bit of  a habit of talking out of two sides of your mouth.  All i said was that as long as you're clearly separating history from hamas's decisions to start a war then that's perfectly legit. You seem to have a problem with that and freaked out.

Lets keep this simple and eliminate any misunderstandings.  I say the Gaza gov't, Hamas, was 100 percent responsible for starting this war and attacking israel.   Do you agree with that statement or do you feel someone else shares responsibility for their actions?

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Wow - looks like i hit closer to home than i meant to. 

You have  a bit of  a habit of talking out of two sides of your mouth.  All i said was that as long as you're clearly separating history from hamas's decisions to start a war then that's perfectly legit. You seem to have a problem with that and freaked out.

Lets keep this simple and eliminate any misunderstandings.  I say the Gaza gov't, Hamas, was 100 percent responsible for starting this war and attacking israel.   Do you agree with that statement or do you feel someone else shares responsibility for their actions?

Yes, Hamas are entirely responsible for this horrendous attack. Let’s leave it at that so there is no room for misunderstandings. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pro-Palestinian demonstrator (pro terrorist) threatens the police in Toronto.

This is not acceptable. He should have been arrested for crime and threats against peace officer. Identify the terrorist, sentence him to maximum jail sentence by throwing the book at him. After serving full sentence if still alive, deport him to the hell hole he comes from.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

These scum were in malls in BC and Ontario, including Bayshore shopping centre in Ottawa where they took their damn megaphone over to where Santa was seeing kids and started shouting at everyone. And when someone said they were scaring the kids they replied that kids in Gaza were scared too.

Focking loonies. If they came here from somewhere else they should be forcibly returned there, regardless of status. I hope the tories get in and reverse Trudeau's change in the law there so their Canadian citizenship can be revoked.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:54 PM, I am Groot said:

Focking loonies. If they came here from somewhere else they should be forcibly returned there, regardless of status. I hope the tories get in and reverse Trudeau's change in the law there so their Canadian citizenship can be revoked.

So you’re going to revoke citizenship for what, attending a demonstration? Would that be a positive development? There might be repercussions across the political spectrum in due course. 

23 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

So you’re going to revoke citizenship for what, attending a demonstration? Would that be a positive development? There might be repercussions across the political spectrum in due course. 

For being supporters of a terrorist group.

Edited by I am Groot

On 11/29/2023 at 6:20 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

I can criticize the policies of successive Israeli governments, in particular this one, and still recognize that Hamas is an enemy of all that I hold dear. Secular social democracy is the way to go; I can’t give unqualified support to anybody who doesn’t agree with that. 

You can criticize, unfortunately you're not doing it from a position of knowledge and understanding.

The Israelis aren't conducting raids and building barriers because they have religious objections to the existence of Palestinians on the face of the earth, they are doing it to restrict the proliferation of guns, bombs and WMDs, which they know for certain Hamas will use, to the point of a genocide if they get the chance. 

FYI Hamas isn't fighting for freedom: if they 'win' there will be a genocide and their daughters will continue to get beaten if they don't wear hijabs. 

FYI the 'refugee camps' aren't there to feed and shelter families, they are there to foment hatred against Israel.

There are no refugee camps in India for displaced Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims, and others. There are no refugee camps in Syria and Iraq for people displaced by islamic state. But muslims can't live with the fact that Jews have less than 1% of the ME. It inspires a gut-wrenching hatred in them.

They'll talk about the Nabka, the awful time when they were displaced from their homeland, but understand that even during that time, less than 500 people were killed in the 5 largest 'massacres', and that's by Al Jazeera's own tally, it's not an Israeli number. 

That's less than half as many people as Hamas killed on Oct 7th, but there were much larger massacres of Jews than that even during the 1800s (and further back obviously), before the subject of partitioning Palestine was even a dream. That area was under Ottoman control back then, and they were religiously bigoted muslims, so the topic of "Israel" had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Does the UN have a "Nabka day" for the various groups of Jews that were slaughtered by muslims? 

And what great reason did muslims even have for slaughtering the tiny, powerless communities of Jews back then? It wasn't out of fear, because Jews were so vastly outnumbered... Who honestly kills the utterly powerless among us?

There are 2M Gazans and war/religious bigotry is their life. They have guns, bombs, and rockets, and they used their rockets to launch over 10,000 bombs at Israeli citizens. 

The Israelis are doing what they have to do. If you don't like it, don't worry, they'll almost certainly be massacred at some point. Then you can party with Hamas. 

On 11/29/2023 at 6:20 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Secular social democracy is the way to go

Do you seriously believe you can impose your idea of the way government should be on the rest of the world?  Good luck with that. Nobody is going to change the system in Israel.  They have a democratic government now in Israel.  They are also a Jewish state which is their right to be.  If you don't like it too bad.  They are surrounded by hundreds of millions of Muslims who want to eliminate them and of course they have to do what they require to protect themselves from being wiped out.  That likely requires certain laws as well.  No country is required to change their system so that their enemies can come in and destroy them.

On 11/29/2023 at 9:20 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Secular social democracy is the way to go; I can’t give unqualified support to anybody who doesn’t agree with that. 

Sexular democracy is the only way to go. Religions restrict people's lives based on nonesense. They give the people hell on the promised of heaven. Look at Iran. It was a seculat society till these f*cking mullahs grab the power and they made a living hell for a nation.  Death and destruction to backwatd women hating religions.