Hamas Attacks Israel

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

even if that means killing a lot of innocent people

First of all, you're gross for being okay with that.

Second, it's now obvious that Israel's objective is not to get rid of Hamas. Their objective is to get rid of Gazans and remove them from the land.

Are you going to support Israel's ethnic cleansing?

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told his supporters that he is working on finding countries ready to "absorb" Palestinians from Gaza.

The Israeli newspaper Israel Hayom said Netanyahu made the comments at a meeting of his Likud party on Monday, in which he sought to clarify Israel's plans for after the war had ended.

"Our problem is countries that are ready to absorb them and we are working on it," Netanyahu said.

"The world is already discussing the possibilities of voluntary immigration,” he said, adding that a team must be established to “ensure that those who want to leave Gaza to a third country can do so. It needs to be settled. It has strategic importance for the day after the war."

His words align with statements made by other senior Likud figures. Former Likud minister Danny Danon, for example, has publicly called on western states to accept refugees from Gaza.

Ref

Fxck Netanyahu and other genocidal war criminals!

27 minutes ago, marcus said:

There are two types of Israeli supporters:

There are two types of mor*ns who claim there's two un-ironically types of one group or another:) 

It's the kind of thing lower intellect people suggest when they're trying desperately to direct the flow of the discussion in a favourable direction because they don't have the brains to make coherent arguments.  How boring.

There are many reasons to support israel, most of them valid whether you agree with them or not.

Now why don't you try making an intelligent argument as to why the israelis should NOT be allowed to take whatever actions they should to eliminate the threat of this happening again? Because if you can't do that, then everything else you say with regards to this conflict in defense of gaza is utterly meaningless and dull.  Yawn.

34 minutes ago, marcus said:

First of all, you're gross for being okay with that.

First of all, it's the way it is. My feelings are irrelevant - that's what happens.

It's like if i said 'when you pull the pin on a grenade it goes off and kills the people in the immediate area' and you claiming 'i'm ok with it'. IT's just the way it works.

Don't like it? Don't start wars.

37 minutes ago, marcus said:

Second, it's now obvious that Israel's objective is not to get rid of Hamas. Their objective is to get rid of Gazans and remove them from the land.

I don't think that's "obvious" but it's possible. I'm not sure they can protect themselves leaving gaza in tact after all and they may come to that conclusion

Fortunately hamas can stop that and end the killing by surrendering tomorrow.  That will bring an end to the conflict and israel will be forced to stop.  Easy peasey

As it is, they're still trying to kill as many israeli civilians as they can every single day. So it may come to a question of whether or not it's possible to have peace with hamas and gaza in place.  I guess that's up to the people of gaza

• Like 1

I get such a kick outta all these bleeding hearts who morn for terrorists. In most cases, they're the same dopes who think the US border is closed.

Lesson to the terminally wrong.

It's generally a bad idea to attack larger, better armed nations.

So 'have a nice day' people of Gaza. Enjoy the fruits of your labour.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

It looks like colonizing, oppressing and subjugating weaker unarmed people is a short-sighted idea too.

Why? They're winning :)  '

Sorry kid, those are all terms that are used by terrorists to try to excuse their inhumane acts.  And the world has had enough of that crap. If the terrorists all wind up dead because they can't live in peace, oh well.

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

It's generally a bad idea to attack larger, better armed nations.

Here's the thing.  In the past it's paid off.

They're like a little pissy kid who throws something at a bigger kid and then hides behind the teachers begging for help.  And it's worked - they attack israel, israel retaliates, they run  to the UN and cry like crazy and the UN puts a stop to it and gives them all sorts of pity and they get a power bump.

That's what 'compassion' is to these people - something to be exploited for political and financial profit.

But this time - the UN did not step in to hold Israel back.  This time israel is off the leash and is determined to end the threat.

I suspect hamas is brutally surprised and shocked that they're having to fight the war they started.  So now they're hiding among the people and using them as shields and THAT"S not working.

I have no doubt they're in their little holes right now thinking  "But but but but.... THEY'RE supposed to have to play FAIR?!!?!?!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Oh I don't know.

It worked for us...

Then why do you people spend so much time whining about having to reconcile and negotiate with Canada's 1st Nations?

I think on some level you do understand that negotiating is preferable to the path Israel followed but it still rankles deeply with you doesn't it? Does it rankle deeply enough that we should go back and take the path Israel did?  Do you think it's working for them?

47 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Then why do you people spend so much time whining about having to reconcile and negotiate with Canada's 1st Nations?

I think on some level you do understand that negotiating is preferable to the path Israel followed but it still rankles deeply with you doesn't it? Does it rankle deeply enough that we should go back and take the path Israel did?  Do you think it's working for them?

Did our ancestors not do that? They have the land they wanted.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yes it is unless you're negotiating with a Hydra.

Edited by Legato

On 12/29/2023 at 5:05 PM, marcus said:

Who said I support Hamas?

Just because I support Palestinian people and their right to defend themselves, it doesn't mean that I support Hamas or their tactics.

Do you support the IDF and their tactics?

Right now Hamas and the Palestinian people are one, Is there a identifiable group of Palestinians that want to work out a peace deal with Israel that does not include the destruction of Israel, and do they represent the majority...i doubt it exists, becasue that is not the stated goal of Hamas or it's people...and i do not see any large group of Palestinians willing to stand up and throw the yokes of....So can we paint all Palestinians with one brush...NO, but we also can't say that the majority of Palestinians want peace or a 2 state solution....

Like i said before they are both one group...Hamas being a terrorist group, is supported by the majority of Palestinians, or there would be some proof that they want to part ways....show us a source that gives that proof that Palestinians are tired of being controlled by terrorists...because it is not there...and if it is there it is suppressed by Hamas....

Yes i do. there is nothing that shows they are operating outside the rule of law....now i can't speak for all Israelis including settlers but i do agree with the IDF and what is happening in Gaza...

On 12/29/2023 at 5:49 PM, eyeball said:

But how about the credibility of ordinary Canadians?  How about that of Canada's 1st Nation's?

ASSEMBLY OF FIRST NATIONS RECOGNIZES PALESTINIANS AS INDIGENOUS PEOPLE, BACKS PERMANENT GAZA CEASEFIRE

https://canadatalksisraelpalestine.ca/2023/12/22/assembly-of-first-nations-recognizes-palestinians-as-indigenous-people-backs-permanent-gaza-ceasefire/

Is it safe to say my suggestion that 1st Nations leaders from Canada should be amongst intermediaries tasked with negotiating peace between Palestine and Israel goes over like a lead balloon with you?

Ordinary Canadians, are the same as the government....if ordinary Canadians wanted to solve this issue with our indigenous people it would have already been done...shit we can't even look after a small group like our veterans, why becasue they don't give a f*ck , it is outside their bubble...

Just what this issue needs is for Canadian indigenous people to stick their faces into...why not black lives matter, maybe the metis organization, LGBTQ group, tranny lives matter, boys scouts of Canada...

Look even you have said this problem is going to go on forever...that is until it is finally settled by force, which happening right now...Israel is not going to stop until it is, it has to save face...regardless of what world opinion is....

what you should be concentrating on right now, is raising funding to rebuild Gaza. i mean if you cared...becasue regardless of what your or mine opinion is, many more Palestinians are going to die, before this is over, and millions are going to be homeless, over the winter...

53 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes i do. there is nothing that shows they are operating outside the rule of law....now i can't speak for all Israelis including settlers but i do agree with the IDF and what is happening in Gaza...

That's BS.

Everything points to the violation of international law. Are you in denial or just ignorant?

Previous investigations on smaller attacks on Gaza, by various organizations, including the UN Goldstone Report, HRW, Amnesty, Btselem, and others have concluded that Israel has violated international law numerous times by killing indiscriminately, collective punishment, blocking vital shipments entering Gaza, including medicine, using Palestinians as human shield, targeting  reporters, using white phosphorus on children, attacking schools and hospitals, and numerous other violations. 

You being okay with that puts you on the shitty human list with CdnFox and Nationalist.

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Look even you have said this problem is going to go on forever...that is until it is finally settled by force, which happening right now...Israel is not going to stop until it is, it has to save face...regardless of what world opinion is....

A final settlement by force will only come to pass if the world stops watching and if you really don't care what happens to Palestine you should be concentrating on how to make that happen.  Simply wiping Palestine off the map isn't enough, you need to wipe it from history and memory.

24 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Just what this issue needs is for Canadian indigenous people to stick their faces into...why not black lives matter, maybe the metis organization, LGBTQ group, tranny lives matter, boys scouts of Canada...

Anything but a hard-boiled right-wing AFAIC. Secular and progressive is the only hope, otherwise no one's getting out alive.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

A final settlement by force will only come to pass if the world stops watching and if you really don't care what happens to Palestine you should be concentrating on how to make that happen.  Simply wiping Palestine off the map isn't enough, you need to wipe it from history and memory.

Anything but a hard-boiled right-wing AFAIC. Secular and progressive is the only hope, otherwise no one's getting out alive.

A racist, colonialist government cannot be left to make the right decision. Not in this day and age, where we've set boundaries on what's right and wrong.

At least, here in North America, we've acknowledged our wrong doings and are not treating the indigenous population the way Israel has been and Apartheid South Africa did.

The solution is what was done to Apartheid South Africa which has a lot of parallels with Apartheid Israel. 

The solution is boycott, divestment and sanctions, while pressuring our governments to follow through with demanding everyone to follow international law.

For the first time I feel that it's the beginning of the end of Apartheid Israel, as more and more Jews outside of Israel are refusing to associate with Zionism and Israel. Also, the younger generation in the West have a better understanding of what's really happening there. All thanks to the availability of information outside of the mainstream media.

Edited by marcus

14 minutes ago, marcus said:

For the first time I feel that it's the beginning of the end of Apartheid Israel, as more and more Jews outside of Israel are refusing to associate with Zionism and Israel. Also, the younger generation in the West have a better understanding of what's really happening there. All thanks to the availability of information outside of the mainstream media.

I hope so. I'm feeling more pessimistic myself. There's just too many things going increasingly sideways all at once that are overwhelming our ability to respond effectively - like a ship far at sea facing a worsening catastrophe that damage control parties can't keep up with. 

1 hour ago, marcus said:

At least, here in North America, we've acknowledged our wrong doings and are not treating the indigenous population the way Israel has been and Apartheid South Africa did.

I"m sure the jews will be more than happy to do so if it keeps everyone else happy - after they dominate the Palestinians the way north America dominated the first nations. Not seeing a lot of seperate 'nation's' in america - maybe they could have a bunch of little palesitinan 'reserves'?

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I"m sure the jews will be more than happy to do so if it keeps everyone else happy - after they dominate the Palestinians the way north America dominated the first nations. Not seeing a lot of seperate 'nation's' in america - maybe they could have a bunch of little palesitinan 'reserves'?

Whatever makes you feel better about supporting a racist, ethnocratic, morally corrupt apartheid state.

You know that Biden and the other corrupt politicians are getting money for their support? What's your excuse?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I hope so. I'm feeling more pessimistic myself. There's just too many things going increasingly sideways all at once that are overwhelming our ability to respond effectively - like a ship far at sea facing a worsening catastrophe that damage control parties can't keep up with. 

Sure. I hear you.

My biggest worry is that Israel will drag Biden and the other AIPAC funded U.S. politicians into a regional war. This has the potential of getting really ugly. 

However, the Israeli lobby doesn't have the same control over the American people's consent like they used to. The narrative is no longer monopolized. I just don't see Americans accepting another war.

16 hours ago, marcus said:

That's BS.

Everything points to the violation of international law. Are you in denial or just ignorant?

Previous investigations on smaller attacks on Gaza, by various organizations, including the UN Goldstone Report, HRW, Amnesty, Btselem, and others have concluded that Israel has violated international law numerous times by killing indiscriminately, collective punishment, blocking vital shipments entering Gaza, including medicine, using Palestinians as human shield, targeting  reporters, using white phosphorus on children, attacking schools and hospitals, and numerous other violations. 

You being okay with that puts you on the shitty human list with CdnFox and Nationalist.

Give us some hard examples, where they have been charged in an inter national court, or have had sanctions brought against them in the UN, or any other organization..

UN , HRW, AMNESTY, reporting is sketchy at best, it seems the globe is all right with trying to prosecute Israel for crimes that do not exist, while Russia, Iran, most of the middle east, Afghanistan the list is as long as my arm, but they have perfect human rights and where is the outcry for those countries...well there is none... they are to busy talking about Israel...

blocking vital shipments that include rockets, ammo, other weapons...using Palestinians as shields seems to be a real thing in gaza, Hamas does it everyday and i don't think I've heard you whine about that....targeting reporters well it's a dangerous job in an active war zone...people die all the time...attacking schools and hospitals, we have already been through that one when the enemy uses them to launch attacks from, hide weapons' ,allow troops to stay there , then they loose there special protection and can be attacked...have you even read the conventions or rule of law i don't think so...

I didnt even have to try out or write a test...nice...mean while your terrorist are continuing to kill Jews for nothing more than they breath the same air and occupy what they call Palestine, and what we call Israel...it is going to be a cold day in hell before i support anything attached to Palestine, until hamas is wiped out, and they elect a government that wants peace...until that time Israel will continue to fight in Gaza, bringing it to the ground, along with it's people...and if that means i get on your naughty list so be it...

9 hours ago, marcus said:

Whatever makes you feel better about supporting a racist, ethnocratic, morally corrupt apartheid state.

What are you talking about? I don't support hamas at all.

You know that Biden and the other corrupt politicians are getting money for their support? What's your excuse?

Common sense, logic and a general dislike of people who attack without warning and drive nails into women's genitals before killing them.