Harper... Hate or Love?

Harper... Hate or Love???  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally think harper should be the prime minister of Canada (I wished for a Conservative Majority on new years :)

I know alot of people dont like him, I think those people are just robotic liberals who would rather have a 64 year old crook, then a 46 year old family guy, who follows ethics and morals-- and is trying to make life better and easier for the everyday HARDworking Canadian...

Cut the Gst (good!!)

Tax Break off Child Sports (Great!!!)

Lower tax on pensions (amazing!!!)

$1200 a year for each child under 6 (frikkin' awesome!!!)

Mandatory Prison Senteces for Gun Offenders (this guy knows what he's doing!)

Get rid of house arrest (pure genious!!)

So far... any complaints???

Im not gonna waste any more time going over all the policies, just head on over to www.conservative.ca for a complete list.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've meet the man, does the term oily, bent used car salesman ring any bells?

That sod would sell this nation down the river for less then 40 pieces of silver.

This election, I will see which party, the NDP or Liberals has the best chance of denying him my riding and vote accordingly.

That sod would sell this nation down the river for less then 40 pieces of silver.

This election, I will see which party, the NDP or Liberals has the best chance of denying him my riding and vote accordingly.

I've met him to. A nice soft spoken family man. He chatted to us about Halifax and how we liked living on the east coast. He mentioned that is was very beautiful and needed to get over here more often when he wasn't working. He also talked about policy and answered questions that we had about different platform agendas.

He than thanked us and moved on to talk to some other people. Over all he seemed like a pretty decent guy.

Everyone has their faults. If you are going to base your decesion on that, then you are pretty shallow.

....And when people can see the same attitudes, towards anyone who disagrees, right in Harper himself, is it any wonder why they don't like him?

Pardon my asking, but the last time anyone called himself an honest politician was Ontario's Mike Harris. :lol:

Who were you referring to?

Have you ever met an Honest Politician?

Me Neither.

It has no reference to anyone. Just being a smartass. :P

I think Harper worked for the wrong people before he decided to go into politics . I have to assume he did this work because his heart was in it. Now that he is leading Canada's Conservative element he either still believes in that work, and is simply hiding from the people who he wants to vote for his party, or has changed pretty radically.

Either way he doesn't get my vote.

Yes. You've just described Chretien and Martin. "Oily"....that's the term that had been eluding me. Thanks.

That was my thought too. I've met Harper a couple of times and he didn't strike me that way, he is soft spoken and laid back. I didn't vote because I don't love him nor do I hate him, I would just prefer that he put a bit more oomph into his speeches. He also needs to look more into the cameras at the audience when he's speaking or debating, but he (I guess) believes in looking at the person with whom you are actually talking to. Martin looks right into the cameras and hams it up. Both Harper and Layton ( IMHO ) are smarter than Martin, as I said, he's disappointed me.

Still, I'd rather that than someone too exciteable, Martin has been a disappointment, I really thought he would be better than he has proved himself to be.

I have also been quite disappointed in Martin as PM. The Dithers label really is deserved.

The Liberals should have won a majority in 2004 and should be close to winning one now. Instead they are losing in the latest Strategic Counsel *and* Ipsos-Reid polls.

Look at the ways the numbers for each break down. If the results are the same as those numbers, the CPC forms government. Remember Clark's Conservatives formed power in 1979 despite trailing in the popular vote by more than four points.

Still, I'd rather that than someone too exciteable, Martin has been a disappointment, I really thought he would be better than he has proved himself to be.

Cut the Gst (good!!)

Tax Break off Child Sports (Great!!!)

Lower tax on pensions (amazing!!!)

$1200 a year for each child under 6 (frikkin' awesome!!!)

Mandatory Prison Senteces for Gun Offenders (this guy knows what he's doing!)

Get rid of house arrest (pure genious!!)

So far... any complaints???

spend.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/stignasty/spend.jpg

And I would like to meet him! There are a few truths I would like to drive into his skull.

OOOh scary. If that is the way you deal with others who don't share whatever ideology you currently epose no wonder you are firmly not a Consevative. We do not propose to 'drive' anything into someones skull. We prefer to believe that people given enough information are able to decide for themselves which way to vote. B)

Balance the books!!?? Dude... the old fart is an idiot. He makes a gun ban thats been in place since 1934... His so called "Income tax Cut" will be $324 a year in our pockets, when Stephen Harpers 2% Gst cut will be $475 a year for everyone. The only tax every person in Canada pays is GST. Not to mention Martin slamming the US!! Do we really need a PM who slams a superpower?? Imagine if the USA wasnet our ally... we'd be screwed. Also--- harper stands up for families, he will allow more free votes so we can change same sex laws ect. Martin is a damn fool-- Under a Liberal government, we will have poligmy is a few years, and probably insest.

It comes down to this:

Harper, 46 years old-- and very smart.

Martin, 64 years old---damn crook.

What will you choose??

Balance the books!!?? Dude... the old fart is an idiot.  He makes a gun ban thats been in place since 1934...  His so called "Income tax Cut" will be $324 a year in our pockets, when Stephen Harpers 2% Gst cut will be $475 a year for everyone.  The only tax every person in Canada pays is GST.  Not to mention Martin slamming the US!! Do we really need a PM who slams a superpower??  Imagine if the USA wasnet our ally... we'd be screwed.  Also--- harper stands up for families,  he will allow more free votes so we can change same sex laws ect.  Martin is a damn fool-- Under a Liberal government, we will have poligmy is a few years, and probably insest.

It comes down to this:

Harper, 46 years old-- and very smart.

Martin, 64 years old---damn crook.

What will you choose??

First off:

Gst cut will be $475 a year for everyone
That is just a crock! I would have to spend $23,750 on items subject to the GST to save $475. Why conservatives even bring that up as "real savings" for the "average person" is beyond me.
so we can change same sex laws ect
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It really is all about SSM isn't it?
Not to mention Martin slamming the US!! Do we really need a PM who slams a superpower??  Imagine if the USA wasnet our ally... we'd be screwed.

Try this point of view.

Not to mention Harpers lovefest with the US!!! Do we really need a PM who is nothing more than a superpower's lapdog?? Imagine if Harper had been allowed to send troops to Iraq with our biggest ally.....We'd be screwed.

And broke, because we would have needed to to have a much larger military than what we have. Oh ya like the one Harper is proposing. So we can spend all that money, and run a deficit, and then get sucked into conflict after conflict with the US, which means spending more money and running a bigger deficit, on top of having even more our youth getting killed.

Harper, 46 years old-- and very smart, smug, rude, arrogant, self important.

Anybody else see the CBC show Minority Report on the 2004 Election the other night. Tom Clark has a good reason for following Martin this time around. Candid insight from reporters on the huskings was very revealing.

Welcome to the board stignasty.

Try and keep the level of debate a little above the personal attacks. Those pictures are a pretty inauspicious start.

Why thank you for your lovely greeting. However, I don't agree that it was a personal attack. It was an editorial commentary that disagreed with the statement quoted. Just in case it missed the mark, what I was saying was that by increasing spending and decreasing tax revenues the budget surplus that we are currently seeing will soon disappear. In fact, I find the satirical picture a lot less inflamatory than the excessive use of :blink: or :rolleyes: when replying to the remarks of others.

Welcome to the board stignasty.

Try and keep the level of debate a little above the personal attacks. Those pictures are a pretty inauspicious start.

Why thank you for your lovely greeting. I don't agree that it was a personal attack. It was an editorial commentary that disagreed with the statement quoted. Just in case it missed the mark, what I was saying was that by increasing spending and decreasing tax revenues the budget surplus that we are currently seeing will soon disappear.

It was F'n funny. LMAO :lol::lol:

An old crook that can balance the books or a young crook that will bankrupt the country? Yeah, I guess I prefer Martin.

There is no chance that a Conservative government would run a deficit

As to the poll question, I am not particularly enthusiastic about Harper. I am not particularly religious, for one thing, and he is the antithesis of charismastic. I will vote for him because the alternatives are clearly worse. If he gets in then I can judge his performance and let you know.

I do hate Paul Martin, however, as I hated Jean Chretien, as I hated Brian Mulroney, as I hated Pierre Trudeau.

I do hate Paul Martin, however, as I hated Jean Chretien, as I hated Brian Mulroney, as I hated Pierre Trudeau.

Don't be shy, ARGUS, tell us what you REALLY thought of these guys :D

You're just a warm and loving human being aren't you??? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, I have to agree in a lot of ways, especially about Harper's lack of charisma.

But I'm not as sure as you are about the Cons inability to run the country into debt.

This election is probably going to be the toughest decision I've ever had to make at the polls.

It's a case of voting for one guy I don't like, or another guy I don't like.

Maybe Radio Shack should come out with a "Hate-O-Meter" so we can instantly KNOW exactly who we hate worse.