Why is US so rich?

August1991

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

you do realize that Canada did not have the vote in 1776

Canada did not have the vote in 1789

Canada did not even have the vote by 1865

and that Canada in fact sided with the slave holding Confederates against the Glorious Union ?

Canada being a base of operations for the Confederates during the war

before Canada provided them with safe haven after the war, feting them as heroes

Yes I do. I don’t rely on sanitized history. The Underground Railroad for slave and confederate alike led to Canada. 

Edited by BeaverFever

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

nonsense

Canada utterly opposed it

the end of the Underground Railroad in Africville at Halifax was bulldozed by the Canadian government

not in the 1860's, in the 1960's

Canada did not oppose the Underground Railroad. The fact that Africville was bulldozed 100 years later doesn’t prove otherwise. It only proves that systemic racism is real and takes many forms. 

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Canada did not oppose the Underground Railroad. The fact that Africville was bulldozed 100 years later doesn’t prove otherwise. It only proves that systemic racism is real and takes many forms. 

Canada absolutely opposed the Underground Railroad

the Crown of Canada sided with the Confederates unabshedly

the Underground Railroad was not incited nor run by Canadians

the Underground Railroad was an institution run by the Abolitionists in America from Pennsylvania

31 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Yes I do. I don’t rely on sanitized history.

yes you do

because you are trying to pretend that the Underground Railroad was a Canadian invention

when in fact the opposite was the case

nobody supported the Confederacy more than Canada

Canada supported the Confederacy more than Great Britain itself

the Underground Railroad was an American invention

Canada meanwhile was hosting Jefferson Davis as a hero after his release from an American prison

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada absolutely opposed the Underground Railroad

the Crown of Canada sided with the Confederates unabshedly

the Underground Railroad was not incited nor run by Canadians

the Underground Railroad was an institution run by the Abolitionists in America from Pennsylvania

Not true Many prominent Canadians including politicians were active and vocal abolitionists throughout history including Governor Simcoe for example who was the founder and first Governor of Upper Canada in the late 1700s. It was very fashionable to be a British abolitionist. Slavery was outlawed in the British empire long before the civil war.  Generations before in fact. 

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

Not true Many prominent Canadians including politicians were active and vocal abolitionists throughout history including Governor Simcoe for example who was the founder and first Governor of Upper Canada in the late 1700s. It was very fashionable to be a British abolitionist. Slavery was outlawed in the British empire long before the civil war.  Generations before in fact. 

many American politicians could claim the same thing

the difference is that America fought a war of annihilation against the Confederacy

while Canada was more supportive of the Confederates than anyone outside of Virginia

Canada went against the British Abolitionist movement by backing the Confederates to the hilt

Just now, Dougie93 said:

yes you do

because you are trying to pretend that the Underground Railroad was a Canadian invention

when in fact the opposite was the case

nobody supported the Confederacy more than Canada

Canada supported the Confederacy more than Great Britain itself

the Underground Railroad was an American invention

Canada meanwhile was hosting Jefferson Davis as a hero after his release from an American prison

False. I never said it was a Canadian invention.

Canada WAS British during the US civil war. Everything Canadian colonialis did was at the direction of the imperial British masters. Funny that you’re once again trying to smear Canada while exonerating and elevating your beloved Britain.

USA was a rival/threat to Britain so Britain chose to back American separatists. I doubt Canada or British cared much about the politics of the US civil war or the confederacy, the goal was to weaken USA, period. amd Britain 

3 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Canada WAS British during the US civil war. Everything Canadian colonialis did was at the direction of the imperial British masters. Funny that you’re once again trying to smear Canada while exonerating and elevating your beloved Britain.

USA was a rival/threat to Britain so Britain chose to back American separatists. I doubt Canada or British cared much about the politics of the US civil war or the confederacy, the goal was to weaken USA, period. amd Britain 

Canada was the greatest friend to the Confederates there ever was

Canada was falling over itself to be their lick-spittle cronies

which is typical of Canada, since Canada has no moral compass at all

Britain refused to involve itself in the Civil War

Canada meanwhile hosted the American Confederates in Toronto as a base of operations

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Lmao. Sorry not sorry. I know you want a whitewashed and redacted version of history that suits your political narrative. But as the saying goes facts don’t care about your feelings.  There’s nothing “mentally unbalanced” about speaking inconvenient truths that you can’t handle and want to censor. 

And yet thats what they initially implemented 

o...I know history. I however learn it, learn from it, and live in today. In today, there is no slavery in the USA...except for the kids being sold as sex slaves. You know...all the kids you freaks are ushering into the arms or the cartels?

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

o...I know history. I however learn it, learn from it, and live in today. In today, there is no slavery in the USA...except for the kids being sold as sex slaves. You know...all the kids you freaks are ushering into the arms or the cartels?

Lmao is that Konspiracy kook nonsense because if that fictional movie that came out this summer?  You know jack $hit about history and you learn nothing except lies written in the Kremlin or in Florida. . 

31 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Lmao is that Konspiracy kook nonsense because if that fictional movie that came out this summer?  You know jack $hit about history and you learn nothing except lies written in the Kremlin or in Florida. . 

Ya...right. And you're contributing to little girls being sold into sex slavery. Gee...does it make you feel like a big man to subjugate little girls there you Gawd Damn monster?

10 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Lol some fantasy you got there 

From your own ALCU...

In the United States, victims of trafficking are almost exclusively immigrants, and mostly immigrant women.11 The average age of trafficking victims in the U.S. is 20.12 In the U.S., immigrant women and children are particularly vulnerable to the deceptive and coercive tactics of traffickers because of their lower levels of education, inability to speak English, immigration status, and lack of familiarity with U.S. employment protections. Further, they are vulnerable because they often work in jobs that are hidden from the public view and unregulated by the government.

You are a monster.AI spiritless lump. You feign that you "care"...but you only "care" about 1 thing.

Your insatiable hatred.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

From your own ALCU...

You are a monster.AI spiritless lump. You feign that you "care"...but you only "care" about 1 thing.

Your insatiable hatred.

Let’s just be clear that the fantasy is this Qanon pizzagate BS you righty nutjobs have recently concocted where a global cabal of liberal politicians and “elites” are somehow behind it or trying to prevent brave crusading conservatives from putting a stop to it. 

We are all aware that human traffIcking has occurred since the beginning of time and like all criminal continues to occur while law enforcement continues to battle it. You conservative losers are the only ones trying to politicize and exploit it for political gain with your made up conspiracies and false accusations. 

25 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Let’s just be clear that the fantasy is this Qanon pizzagate BS you righty nutjobs have recently concocted where a global cabal of liberal politicians and “elites” are somehow behind it or trying to prevent brave crusading conservatives from putting a stop to it. 

We are all aware that human traffIcking has occurred since the beginning of time and like all criminal continues to occur while law enforcement continues to battle it. You conservative losers are the only ones trying to politicize and exploit it for political gain with your made up conspiracies and false accusations. 

President Biden has professed a commitment to fight this multifaceted criminal enterprise, yet his immigration policies have only exacerbated the problem.

Human trafficking increased massively in the last fiscal year. Arrests rose 50%; convictions soared by 80%. The vast majority, 72%, of those trafficked in the U.S. are immigrants. Most of them are here illegally.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/fighting-human-trafficking-and-battling-bidens-open-border

image.thumb.jpeg.b58bb8683b8d85e4f16649bd63e9c633.jpeg

Hmmm...look what happened to the OD numbers right when Joe the Failure took office and opened the border.

As I've said...Beave you're a Gawd Damn souless monster. You don't "care" or have any "empathy" unless it suits your goals and feeds your pure hatred of mankind.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:19 PM, August1991 said:

1. Maybe - military purchases boost GDP numbers.

====

2. I think you mean the government debt to GDP ratio.

3. Sorry, the US federal government is not a ponzi scheme. 

1. Maybe? It's no secret the U.S spends as much a the ten next counties on the military, pretty obvious it affects their GDP

2. You think? What else could or would I be talking about?

3. Ponzi scheme? What are you talking about? I made absolutely zero allegations of malfeasance. You used one metric (GDP per capita) to say how rich the U.S was. All I'm saying is you have to look at both sides of the ledger, this is as basic of and economic principle as you can get 

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b58bb8683b8d85e4f16649bd63e9c633.jpeg

Hmmm...look what happened to the OD numbers right when Joe the Failure took office and opened the border.

As I've said...Beave you're a Gawd Damn souless monster. You don't "care" or have any "empathy" unless it suits your goals and feeds your pure hatred of mankind.

Omg you’re going straight off the crazy train you’ve RANDOMLY changed the topic YET AGAIN to…drugs now?  Ok.

You think the POTUS somehow singlehandedly and magically controls American people’s drug usage now?  I guess you’re not intelligent enough to see that the trend has been increasing UNDER EVERY PRESIDENT and made its biggest increase under Trump eh?  Only the very last of those years was a Biden year. Look at Trumps final year in 2020 compared to his first year in 2017 you jacka$$.   Also did it ever that a little something called the pandemic might have been a contributing factor in those last 2 years?  

Your Biden Derangement Syndrome has turned you into a raving lunatic. Just stop and take a breath before you get lumped in with forum nutjobs like R10 or Taxme

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Omg you’re going straight off the crazy train you’ve RANDOMLY changed the topic YET AGAIN to…drugs now?  Ok.

You think the POTUS somehow singlehandedly and magically controls American people’s drug usage now?  I guess you’re not intelligent enough to see that the trend has been increasing UNDER EVERY PRESIDENT and made its biggest increase under Trump eh?  Only the very last of those years was a Biden year. Look at Trumps final year in 2020 compared to his first year in 2017 you jacka$$.   Also did it ever that a little something called the pandemic might have been a contributing factor in those last 2 years?  

Your Biden Derangement Syndrome has turned you into a raving lunatic. Just stop and take a breath before you get lumped in with forum nutjobs like R10 or Taxme

Ah yes. Hiding behind the skirt of The Rona like the lyin' death-cult follower you are.

Biden opened the border and the OD numbers spiked.!

You should go ask your Gawd Climate Change, how you should deal with basic facts. I have no doubt the advise will be to lie even more but...

Its your soul you've sold for this death-cult. I feel sorry for you. But...come-upin's will be satisfying to watch.

Edited by Nationalist

20 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Britain chose not to back the Confederates

the Confederates desperately tried to drag Britain into the war, but Britain delcined

then, in the face of the Union juggernaut

Britain actually kicked Canada out of the British Empire

in that, Britain was not coming to defend Canada from the Americans

the Americans were far too powerful once they had become the Glorious Union

so Canada was told it would have to defend itself from the Americans

hence how Confederation happened on 1 July 1867

it was not independence for Canada, it was simply Canada being thrown to the wolves

this incited a great insecurity in Canada

which is why Canada charged into South Africa and the First World War for the Empire so fervently

to try to prove to the British that Canadians were still British

thus how the Canadians became the most fearsome soldiers in the British Army

the Shock Troops of the Empire, striking terror into the hearts of the imperial Germans

hence how the Canadian Corps won the Great War, in a Hundred Days, from Amiens to Mons

Edited by Dougie93

On 9/2/2023 at 2:20 AM, August1991 said:

Why is US GDP per capita so high?

I reckon that the US is rich because it is not a single country. In economic terms, the US is 50 small countries. California is a Canada. The other states are like Norway, Qatar or Luxembourg.

The US is a collection of small countries 

That may be it.  You are basically talking about wealth.  I hold that the US wealth stems from the same underlying cause that has seen Israel survive and thrive since becoming a nation in 1948.  

19 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ah yes. Hiding behind the skirt of The Rona like the lyin' death-cult follower you are.

Biden opened the border and the OD numbers spiked.!

You should go ask your Gawd Climate Change, how you should deal with basic facts. I have no doubt the advise will be to lie even more but...

Its your soul you've sold for this death-cult. I feel sorry for you. But...come-upin's will be satisfying to watch.

Look at your own numbers you jacka$$.  From your OWN chart the numbers spiked in 2020. Do you know who was president in 2020?  Here’s a hint: not Biden.  Man you are dense  

You have no ability to grasp basic facts and you are becoming more and more ludicrous with every post, you’re being pulled down the right wing/Kremlin propaganda rabbit hole.

And the only “death cult” is the cult of Pro-Putin, COVID-denying, climate denying alternative reality followers lkke yourself. You wouldn’t know reality if it but you in the arse. 

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

Look at your own numbers you jacka$$.  From your OWN chart the numbers spiked in 2020. Do you know who was president in 2020?  Here’s a hint: not Biden.  Man you are dense  

You have no ability to grasp basic facts and you are becoming more and more ludicrous with every post, you’re being pulled down the right wing/Kremlin propaganda rabbit hole.

And the only “death cult” is the cult of Pro-Putin, COVID-denying, climate denying alternative reality followers lkke yourself. You wouldn’t know reality if it but you in the arse. 

So asinine.

Who has been telling the world that peace negotiations will be welcomed? Zelinsky? No. NATO? No. Biden? LOL...certainly not.

Beave...whether you like it or not...YOU and those like you, are a true death-cult. Between the war that NATO has no business being in...to this climate horseshit...to the destruction of our sexuality...you Libbies actually worship the destruction of the human race with everything you dumb b@stards and b1tches do.!

There is no avoiding that basic truth.

16 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Britain chose not to back the Confederates

the Confederates desperately tried to drag Britain into the war, but Britain delcined

then, in the face of the Union juggernaut

Britain actually kicked Canada out of the British Empire

in that, Britain was not coming to defend Canada from the Americans

the Americans were far too powerful once they had become the Glorious Union

so Canada was told it would have to defend itself from the Americans

hence how Confederation happened on 1 July 1867

it was not independence for Canada, it was simply Canada being thrown to the wolves

this incited a great insecurity in Canada

which is why Canada charged into South Africa and the First World War for the Empire so fervently

to try to prove to the British that Canadians were still British

thus how the Canadians became the most fearsome soldiers in the British Army

the Shock Troops of the Empire, striking terror into the hearts of the imperial Germans

hence how the Canadian Corps won the Great War, in a Hundred Days, from Amiens to Mons

Canada did not have powers to conduct its own foreign policy until the 20th century and at tue time of the US Civil War, the Canadian colonies was very much under the control of British authorities (or British-appointed Canadian authorities).  Nearly eery act was with the approval or direction of their British masters. 

As for Britain they were officially neutral in the US Civil Ear and therefore Canada was also. However Britain still viewed the US as a competitor and semi-hostile power so very much enjoyed the weakening of the US due to internal conflict.

Britain sold warships to the Confederacy and turned a blind eye to British financiers and smugglers who supplied the South with British-made weapons aboard British-made purpose-built “blockade runner” ships. Shortly before the war, during the Trent Affair, a the US Navy forcefully boarded the British Royal Mail Ship RMS Trent and discovered on board 2 high level Confederate envoys on a secret diplomatic mission to to Britain, Cassius Clay, the United States Minister in Russia at the time, stated, "I saw at a glance where the feeling of England was. They hoped for our ruin! They are jealous of our power. They care neither for the South nor the North. They hate both."

Unfortunately your ongoing narrative of Britain and the crown being a manifestation of god-on earth and Canada being the Devil’s cesspool falls apart once again. 

28 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So asinine.

Who has been telling the world that peace negotiations will be welcomed? Zelinsky? No. NATO? No. Biden? LOL...certainly not.

Beave...whether you like it or not...YOU and those like you, are a true death-cult. Between the war that NATO has no business being in...to this climate horseshit...to the destruction of our sexuality...you Libbies actually worship the destruction of the human race with everything you dumb b@stards and b1tches do.!

There is no avoiding that basic truth.

What a bunch of deluded nonsense. “Peace negotiations” where Putin gets to keep any of what he killed hundreds of thousands to illegally steal only justify his killing and encourage other nations to do the same.

Putin could save lives by ending his completely unjustified invasion TODAY.   The death cult is people like you who refuse to condemn murderers and rapists but instead blame the victims for resisting their assaulter.

You are standing over a rape-in-progress telling the victim “if you just relax and let him have his way this will be over with a lot less violence, if you resist you are solely responsible for anything violent he does as punishment”. Yet are so clueless and brainwashed you can’t even see or hear yourself.   You think Kremlin press releases are credible and reliable sources of information. You think Russia, and its allies North Korea and Iran are the good guys FFS.