Pirola Variant

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you're weak

my grandparents sacrificed everything for me as a young man

and now I have it all thanks to them

meanwhile, you are a burden on the necks of the young

you are the total zero, a death shroud over the vibrant young people, dragging them down into your miseries

There's many folks that never had the advantage of generous parents/grandparents, or those same p/gp with the means to help.  Also, there's a breed of young folks that start from nothing, but have a need to 'paddle their own canoe' and have grown older.  

Your disdain for older folks, and folks that have fought a death dealing disease is out of character for you Dougie . . . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Your disdain for older folks, and folks that have fought a death dealing disease is out of character for you Dougie . . . 

rejoice at the coming of the angel of death

go to the foot of the Lord in the next world to come

how is that out of character for me ?

56 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I know right, COVID was an opportunity lost. Should of just let er rip when you had the chance Junior. L

I know right, every young person in Canada has to wear a plague mask to protect you from your own mortality

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

lunatic panic riven

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

When's the next vaccine rollout?

Nope, sane isn't possible here. It's not at all possible to have it for those who need it, and leave everybody else alone. Nope. No way. Everybody has to march to the same drum and in the same direction, happily. Heavens help.

There were sane places that never had mandates; recommendations for children; and ample supply for those who needed it or volunteered. Not about us, though. Everyone has to march.

8 minutes ago, myata said:

Nope, sane isn't possible here. It's not at all possible to have it for those who need it, and leave everybody else alone. Nope. No way. Everybody has to march to the same drum and in the same direction, happily. Heavens help.

There were sane places that never had mandates; recommendations for children; and ample supply for those who needed it or volunteered. Not about us, though. Everyone has to march.

because Canada is aging out

this is what you get when you have a nation of geriatric old bitties who are afraid to die calling the shots

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

my grandparents never burdened me with their problems

for that generation, all that mattered was the grandchildren, they never imposed their burdens upon the young

So they never got old?

You don't think people care about their grandchildren now?

You don't think today's kids love their grandparents?

Did your grandparents treat their parents and grand parents like they were disposable?

Edited by Aristides

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So they never got old?

You don't think people care about their grandchildren now?

You don't think today's kids love their grandparents?

Did your grandparents treat their parents and grand parents like they were disposable?

my grandparents were old when I met them

but they never would have tried to impose some crazy lockdown mandates on me

my grandparents would have called that totalitarian Bolshevism

my grandparents would have called for Justin Trudeau to be executed as a Communist traitor

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Ya, just put them down when they can no longer do anything for you.

My grandparents would have had most leftists put down for being Communist traitors if they had their druthers

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I, personally, am glad they are coming up with a vaccine for this. Yes, I have a "fear trigger".

As a cancer survivor with a permanently damaged immune system, I will be first in line for the vaccine. And the flu vaccine as well.

I absolutely believe passionately that this should be your right to choose and that you should have access to that medication if you feel you are in an at risk group and after due consideration believe it will make you safer, and anyone who says you shouldn't have that right should get smaked in the face.

But i don't want to see it misused as it was again and i certainly don't want to see people FORCED to take it or fired if they don't. And that's the concern.

Much like i believe adults who have gender disphoria should have the OPTION to transition, but i'd hate to see it made mandatory for the rest of us  :) 

like if you want to know what my Canadian grandparents were like ?

exactly like Blackbird

my Canadian grandparents were devout Protestant Evangelicals

whatever Blackbird says, my Canadian grandparents agree

in terms of my American grandparents ?

they were Barry Goldwater Republicans

but they would have absolutely loved Donald Trump

they loved Donald Trump back in the 80's long before he considered a political career

so that's my grandparents

Evangelicals & MAGA Republicans

Godspeed

6 minutes ago, myata said:

Makes some sad sense sigh ?

when you have a population which is aging out, dominated by old oeople

the freedoms & prosperity of the young is of little concern

33 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

my grandparents were old when I met them

but they never would have tried to impose some crazy lockdown mandates on me

my grandparents would have called that totalitarian Bolshevism

my grandparents would have called for Justin Trudeau to be executed as a Communist traitor

My grandparents would have had most leftists put down for being Communist traitors if they had their druthers

So you won't or can't answer any of the questions I asked.

Very sad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No they don't, what on Earth makes you think that?

you're the feeble old man with cancer & heart disease demanding that we all pull the "fear trigger"

I'm an old man, I smoke & drink, yet I have no need to pull a "fear trigger"

if you're feeble, get thee to a retirement home and leave the rest of us to live our lives free

why should the rest of us wear a mask or take a vaccine because you are unhealthy ?

the rest of us are fine with the old system of just go to work and do the job

those with health problems can claim disability without the rest of us being dragged into your existential panic

young people deserve to live free without the aging constantly demanding acquiescence

if you think you are dying, get right with the Lord, but otherwise stop your whinging

Edited by Dougie93

45 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you're the feeble old man with cancer & heart disease demanding that we all pull the "fear trigger"

There's nothing feeble about me.  I was completely asymptomatic all through my cancer, I was never given drugs for it. They simply cut it out within 6 months of finding it.  I also have no symptoms whatsoever associated with my heart valve.  I guess there are a couple of lines on a statistical chart closing in on each other that are telling my cardiologist we have to go with an elective surgery. They've been monitoring it for the last 15 years and always said they would wait until I was old enough so that by the time the valve they put in wears out I'll have likely died of something else.  It's definitely sounding sooner rather than later now but I expect to go back to work after I recover so.

It did actually occur to me to ask if having cancer might cause a decision to not fix my heart and not at all was the answer I was given.  Maybe being a Sgt Rock type you're more used to battlefield triage and on-the-spot 'MAID' for anyone who might slow you down or get in your way.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 2