'It's meaningless basically': One-time grocery rebate gets underwhelming reception

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You can try again if you want.  Start here:

image.thumb.png.43482b5105cee4afb7e36d8c17daba3e.png

After somehow derping up and reversing the order of a one-step math equation and then realizing it made no sense, instead of checking the post again and making sure, you shot off your mouth without thinking and pounded out another clueless ramble.  ?

Does the math work out better the other way around?  :)   It makes even LESS sense :)  

So your complaint is that i basically didn't pay enough attention to your statement which was completely effed up to begin with :)

ROFLMAO -  so basically at this point you've realized you were entirely wrong :)  And you're desperately  trying to salvage SOMETHING out of it ':)   "HEY - MY IDEA AND MATH WERE ENTIRELY WRONG AND CAN'T PRODUCE A MEANINGFUL RESULT ... MAYBE I COULD GET HIM AT SPELLING?"  ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

And as the numbers show, even if you do it the correct way and come up with a percentage all it demonstrates is that the rebate actually represents a large hunk of the market - and it will DEFINITELY drive inflation.

So once again - the poorest will be hurt by this and the inflation will be of substance :)   Sorry you screwed up so badly :)  

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Chud looking for Little Finger's support to win a battle.

Oooops - someone's back to drinking again.

I think @OftenWrong is too smart, and has substance issues, but is smarter than a party troll from BC. 

ROFLMAO -  Yeah - HE"S The one with the "Substance" problem :)   You're a drunk and you're proud of it :)  Well - till you sober up anyway.

My name is CONTRARIAN, and I'm an Alcoholic!!!

Sir - this is the CAA, not AA.

Yeah i know, i'm just explaining how my car wound up in the lake.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Oooops - someone's back to drinking again.

He learned the word "chud" from @Michael Hardner who likes to call people "MAGA chuds" around here. Now @Contrarian can't stop throwing it at everyone in the forum.

Mike's little protege... the product of his theories...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Contrarian said:

Listen, using Caps Locks and my name to draw attention won't save you.

Everybody's too busy laughing at you to comment yet :)

And seeing as you're having trouble reading i'm trying to make it easier for you :)  LOLOL 

CONTRARIAN is celebrating 100 days without using booze! Unfortunately they were all when he was 4 years old.

1 minute ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, @Michael Hardner taught me the word and is fun using it, wait until you really want to chose a side, then we will talk about "Bird Up" and criminal records. 

Better yet, what if I come over to your house number with a camera and ask you a few questions? And you think I am joking. 

Actually you are a comic relief, running around these forums making noise like a little princess, while we enjoy the embarrassment you've caused to those who are grooming you...  ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

He learned the word "chud" from @Michael Hardner who likes to call people "MAGA chuds" around here. Now @Contrarian can't stop throwing it at everyone in the forum.

Mike's little protege... the product of his theories...

That's both disturbing and hilarious at the same time :)

The guy I really want to smak around though is whomever taught Robosmith "Dunning-kruger".   He uses it for everything now,  "I don't really like pancakes, they're a little too dunning-kruger for me."   He was all excited about re watching nightmare on elm street till i explained that was FREDDY....

7 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, @Michael Hardner taught me the word and is fun using it, wait until you really want to chose a side, then we will talk about "Bird Up" and criminal records. 

Better yet, what if I come over to your house number with a camera and ask you a few questions? And you think I am joking. 

Roflmao!!!!!!  Well i hope he lives close because you're in no condition to drive :)   Or take the bus :)  Or walk really  :)

Basically if he's not in the same block and downhill so you can just stumble there he should be pretty safe :)  LOLOL

God you are Hilarious :)

personally do not think you understand who you are dealing with.

ROFLMAO -  sure i do!!  Our very own drunk russian comedy show :)!

You're like if Yakov Smirnoff and Pee Wee Hermann had a love child :) 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Interesting you should mention. Liberals have a plan for how to deal with expired 'Best Before' dates. - By simply removing them.

Its like then food exists forever. Take it a step further. Telling me my milk is expired then becomes a micro aggression against milk, and thus bigoted.

13 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

on your radical views

All kidding aside, the fact my views or similar are now radical in today's world, tells you how far off we have come as a society.

Am not talking progress.

Am talking turning into a s*** show, where people are entitled to obtain hand outs based on victim status, vs merit.

So busting my a** at work nowadays, would get me zero recognition. 

But if I demanded it, I would likely out earn such a person.

Someone feeling removing best before dates as a good idea, come from the same school of thought.

Let's fix s*** by playing political games, vs actually doing anything (analyzing options or pilot projects to actually test s*** is so 2008) and virtue signal about it.

28 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Does the math work out better the other way around?  :)   It makes even LESS sense :)  

Of course it works better.  Dividing the $2.5B rebate by the overall size of the grocery market ($189B per year, by your numbers) gives us 0.013 (or 1.3%).  That this needed to be explained to you is ridiculous.

Ignoring the fact that the rebates wouldn't all be spent on groceries (and certainly not on $2.5B in extra groceries in one month, as you absurdly suggested), you now need to explain how poor people are worse off getting 5-10% of their annual grocery bill rebated because of <1.3% food inflation, which was the whole point of the argument.  

20 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

All kidding aside, the fact my views or similar are now radical in today's world, tells you how far off we have come as a society.

Your views come from the same demented mind that sends messages like this:

retardperspektiv.thumb.png.9f2c86ae95633dda4cfaeb14242a58f9.png

???

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 1

Just now, Contrarian said:

Chuds, I am willing to help while I take out folks like you first. 

You can take out anyone else you like, but i'm just not interested.  I'm a little distressed to hear you're into guys like me to be honest, but hey - there's nothing wrong with that, you're free to choose who you love in this country. 

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

how, can we, independents maintain the view while this battle is happening around? 

Personally, I stopped watching the news. I felt manipulated into getting angry at causes, constantly. I read both left and right news, to keep a balance, but it just felt like they were more inclined on pitting one vs the other vs informing you objectively, like they should.

I'm not surprised as a result, in the dwindling interest in politics more and more people are starting to have. Many feel disillusioned by who are leading us.

I've been a liberal all my life, until Trudeau came along, and truly made me question things.

I never was into politics before, and honestly never voted most of my life, until a politician made me feel forced to do so, feeling pressured to pick from a bad batch of rotted apples, and having to pick and eat one.

That's literally what following politics feels like, now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

My end game is that you are a smart man

So keep the name calling to the thread like what you're doing?

Noted.

I prefer my way. Return fire once, delete the thread and block the person looking for conflict and leave them to their own devices to continue their miserable life, which pushes them to seek conflict with posters they don't like. Stops sinking to one's level dead in its tracks.

I wake up to a beautiful wife, and he wakes up to needing this to fill the void that is his life.

Good enough for me. 

• Haha 1

If you are single

• $234 (no children)
  • $387 (with 1 child)
  • $467 (with 2 children)
  • $548 (with 3 children)
  • $628 (with 4 children)

If you are married or have a common-law partner

• $306 (no children)
  • $387 (with 1 child)
  • $467 (with 2 children)
  • $548 (with 3 children)
  • $628 (with 4 children)

Wah but I can only read the first line and claim it applies to everyone.

I suppose you got your new Internet account for only $9.99 a month forever too.

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I also want to tell you I got a big bottle of Wine,

That's not bordeax -  thats cooking sherry.

And we all know you're lying when you claim one bottle of booze is going to keep you drunk for days :)  i doubt it'll last you 5 minutes