The Dylan Mulvaney Effect

Am sure most of you know this controversial trans figure.

She is behind the multi billion dollar fiasco with Anheuser Busch.

Her crime? Accepting to promote a beer, when the culture wars currently ongoing were a tinderbox looking for a scapegoat to feel its wrath.

Worth the backlash that she got? Thats debatable, as is the backlash received by Bud Light beer.

But this seems to be the Dylan Mullaney effect.

The trans movement is a powder keg, where vitriol can be found deeply rooted at both ends of the culture war.

Should business separate themselves from politics?

Should they stand by their alignment backlash or not?

It just seems we have just learned a whole lot of what not to do.

Americans need to grow up and get over themselves.

60 years ago, everyone was AGAST if a black man or woman was in a commercial. The "biracial" kiss on Star Trek was considered risky. Now the boogyman is not the black man but the transgender. 

I don't buy a beer or any product because of who is advertising a product. I buy a product based on whether I like the product or not. 

And on that not, American beer is next to p*ss water, so I never bothered with Bud Light anyways. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

If you liked Yeezy sneakers, would Kanye Wests antisemitic views warrant them being pulled off of shelves?

Let me get this straight: you are equating someone who is openly anti-semitic to someone who is transgender?? 

I would not purchase a MAGA hat either. Not an equivalency. An equivalency would be me NOT buying clothing made by Mennonites because I am an atheist, but I have. An equivalency would NOT be buying a book because I found it in a Christian book shop, which I have. 

NOT honoring an anti-Semite is like boycotting a store that refuses to serve black people. 

Otherwise I won't judge a product that is promoted by a gay person or a straight person, a black person or a white person, a Muslim or a Christian. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Let me get this straight: you are equating someone who is openly anti-semitic to someone who is transgender?? 

That was suffering from serious mental health issues.

Someone who should be getting help. Not hopping onto shows.

I was equating the dislike the public had for these people.

9 hours ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

I won't judge a product that is promoted by a gay person or a straight person, a black person or a white person, a Muslim or a Christian. 

But you have to agree that brands aren't just picking random people to promote themselves.

They're making implied identity and even moral statements.

Putting a black man with a product in 1966, or a trans lady in 2023 is an assertion.  And it targets white liberals.

So what are we supposed to think when non liberals reject the message?  I mean, they weren't targeted to begin with.

It seems like it was a marketing mistake, and to say otherwise is to reward the initial campaign as being more than it was.

Likewise, the anger (anger!) at the spokeswoman seems to be rage at being neglected as a marketing demographic.   And an attempt to prove that the experts are wrong about the consumer power of a dying minority. Otherwise what is it?

I expect some will be upset and assert that I'm wrong about the minority part but it kind of proves my point.  

I already said that the answer (which is probably in place already) would be BUD LIGHT CAMO (picture of a bearded lumberjack, with pregnant wife standing in the doorway of a log cabin behind him) sold in some areas and BUD LIGHT GAY (picture of two young men walking into a butt plug boutique).

They would contain the same beer.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 2:12 PM, Perspektiv said:

Am sure most of you know this controversial trans figure.

She is behind the multi billion dollar fiasco with Anheuser Busch.

Her crime? Accepting to promote a beer, when the culture wars currently ongoing were a tinderbox looking for a scapegoat to feel its wrath.

Worth the backlash that she got? Thats debatable, as is the backlash received by Bud Light beer.

But this seems to be the Dylan Mullaney effect.

The trans movement is a powder keg, where vitriol can be found deeply rooted at both ends of the culture war.

Should business separate themselves from politics?

Should they stand by their alignment backlash or not?

It just seems we have just learned a whole lot of what not to do.

Talking points (for those with an education.)

1. Dylan Mulvaney is a MAN. He is not a her or a SHE.  HE was born a MALE. HE did not change his gender, his sex. If HE even underwent a sex change operation, all HE did was get castrated. HE will never have a period or give birth to a child. Only REALLY stupid blue state idi0ts fail to get this.

2. Mulvaney is NOT behind the multi billion dollar fiasco with Bud Light. HE is just a face. The person to blame is the marketing officer of the company who approved that campaign that has practically sunk the company. There are freaks and queers like Mulvaney all over the place and their existence doesn't stop  normal people from buying and drinking beer. HE did not promote anything. HE allowed his picture to be taken in female attire and it was put on a few Bud Light cans. (Down here in Florida, I have yet to see that freak's puss on ANY Bud Light cans, but this is just one place.) HE was stupid to allow that to happen. It's unfair, but HE is getting blamed for Bud Light's downfall.

3. The FIRST unwritten rule in BUSINESS 101, (which is NEVER covered in any college or left wing blue state diploma mill) is STAY THE FCK OUT OF POLITICS. Why pi$s off HALF your demographic just because you want to publicize an OPINION,  one way or another. Keep it about the product. As far as beer goes, keep it about (a) the fun lifestyle associated with the tasteless, watered down American brews and (b) the taste, (if it is an import.)

On 7/1/2023 at 6:24 PM, herbie said:

Me? I couldn't give two shits. I never drank the swill from Ann Hauser's bush anyway.

Same here. Bud Light is watered down urine.

That's true about goose stepping  American liberals. They are so stupid and immature that they are barely toilet trained.

60 years ago, everyone was AGAST if a black man or woman was in a commercial. The "biracial" kiss on Star Trek was considered risky. Now the boogyman is not the black man but the transgender. 

Are you SERIOUSLY equating an ENTIRE RACE of human beings with a handful of mentally disturbed people? Seriously? By the way, Americans freaked out even more when Rhett Butler said, at the end of Gone With The Wind "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn." You think a RACE is the same as a mental disorder?

I don't buy a beer or any product because of who is advertising a product. I buy a product based on whether I like the product or not. 

Well, you're ABSOLUTELY right on that one. I kinda avoid the Budweiser beers because frankly they taste like shit.

And on that not, American beer is next to p*ss water, so I never bothered with Bud Light anyways. 

You and me both, pal. The only thing is, there are some smaller breweries in America with distinct brews:

Genesee, Iron City, Old Vienna, Kholer (if it's around any more) Schmidt, Rolling Rock.

Still even THEY don't compare to a St. Pauli Girl, Heinekin, or Becks.

And pretty much EVERY Canadian beer is superior. (And with all the Canadian left wingers here, that was REALLY hard for me to say.)

On 7/4/2023 at 1:25 PM, reason10 said:

The person to blame is the marketing officer of the company

I think its more to do with a highly conservative company, trying to blindside its largest clientele with woke culture. I think the same stunt could be pulled by Nike, and companies like Netflix and the backlash would likely be short lived.

STAY THE FCK OUT OF POLITICS

I wish more businesses would abide by this rule, but large investment firms are putting heavy handed pressure on businesses to do their fair share of woke pandering, in order to remain in good standing with them.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:19 PM, SNOWFLAKE said:

I don't know if racial discrimination   is an appropriate comparison when we're talking of sexual deviations and the aggressive way LGBTQ are trying to indoctrinate children - bypassing and dismissing parental authority.

There is no danger of children changing their races.......whereas, there is danger of children getting confused with their sexuality, AND GETTING GROOMED.

LGBTQ isn't hiding their agenda.  I saw it on tv, due to celebration of PRIDE month - that a gay advocate being interviewed express the importance of "educating" children.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

I don't know if racial discrimination   is an appropriate comparison when we're talking of sexual deviations and the aggressive way LGBTQ are trying to indoctrinate children - bypassing and dismissing parental authority.

There is no danger of children changing their races.......whereas, there is danger of children getting confused with their sexuality, AND GETTING GROOMED.

LGBTQ isn't hiding their agenda.  I saw it on tv, due to celebration of PRIDE month - that a gay advocate being interviewed express the importance of "educating" children.

Betsy Betsy, the sheer ignorance of your comment is staggering. I suspect you have your nose in Fox News all day, have had only a substandard education, and are surrounded by religious bigots. There is NO grooming. There is NO agenda. Gawd, the sheer stupidity of your comment makes me wonder what neck of the woods you grew up in.

Here are some facts: the vast MAJORITY of sex offenders are heterosexual males. Look it up, and not on Fox either. Drag Queens have existed since forever. LGBTQ is a lifestyle choice and none of them are trying to groom anyone. I remember the 1950s when the accusation was that gay people were trying to "convert" children.

Putting the face of a transgender on a beer can isn't promoting anything except the beer. Are you offended too when you now see a couple in a commercial that are biracial or a couple in a commercial with two guys clearly a couple? I've seen those commercials and can only imagine how the bigots like yourself must be cringing.

Grow up! Here in Canada we have bigots too. Small though their number are. Read REAL news. You will be shocked to find here in Canada we don't have frantic parents attacking school boards over which books are being read. We did have a huge Pride parade recently in Toronto which was well attended, families even brought their kids. It was a huge tourist attraction, brought in tons of money for the city. NO ONE was offended. 

The American Right have always been p*ssies. If it isn't black people, or Muslims, or feminists, or women wanting to control their own reproductive rights, its LGBTQ that offends them. How about this? Mind your own business, get over your prejudices, do some good in the world like working for a charity, and just accepting people for who they are. Believe it or not, your life might actually be richer than constantly being fearful of the "other."

Edited by SNOWFLAKE
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

You will be shocked to find here in Canada we don't have frantic parents attacking school boards over which books are being read.

But you will have parents demanding for schools to leave their kids alone. 

32 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

NO ONE was offended. 

You've misconstrued nobody being offended, with nobody feeling brave enough to publicly denounce some of the things that were present at the parade.

IE nudity in front of kids (the link is safe for work as all is blurred out). This has no business at any pride parade, but most were too afraid to voice their displeasure. 

You know its bad, when even some within your own community denounce the classless acts when the day overall, was a success.

Not only is full nudity not classy, its illegal.

42 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Mind your own business

This I agree with. I strongly believe in living, and let live. 

You can identify as you see fit. I couldn't care less.

Where I draw the line, is this being rammed down kids or my throat.

I will respect you sense of self, but for those who feel I need to abide by it (or worse, believe it), are insane.

44 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

accepting people for who they are

A politician recently caught backlash for identifying as a lesbian black woman. He was a male. 

The irony, was many in the backlash, stated he hadn't been black long enough, and was insulting the black community. 

He was clearly trolling, but that's besides the point.

His doing so, exposed holes in the ideology. How can people determine him as white? 

How can you determine am male?

Why are these things questions nowadays?

Why is questioning it, bigoted? 

47 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

fearful of the "other."

Rupaul doesn't scare me one bit. They live their lives authentically. Good on them.

Also, they don't ram their lifestyle down the throat of kids. 

They know they are drag queens. 

Recently in the Philippines Cebu Airlines welcomed their first trans flight attendants. 

They made no illusions about them being trans.

In Thailand. There is no illusion.

Some of the trans women, look better than the biological women o_O

Trying to demand us to believe something that just isn't true biologically, then hammering it down kids throats and calling anyone bringing anything into question, bigots is where most Canadians have drawn the line.

Us being an overall welcoming country to immigration and the LGBTQ community, is where you would be right.

But this aggressive push has created a backlash for a reason.

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

But you will have parents demanding for schools to leave their kids alone. 

You've misconstrued nobody being offended, with nobody feeling brave enough to publicly denounce some of the things that were present at the parade.

IE nudity in front of kids (the link is safe for work as all is blurred out). This has no business at any pride parade, but most were too afraid to voice their displeasure. 

You know its bad, when even some within your own community denounce the classless acts when the day overall, was a success.

Not only is full nudity not classy, its illegal.

This I agree with. I strongly believe in living, and let live. 

You can identify as you see fit. I couldn't care less.

Where I draw the line, is this being rammed down kids or my throat.

I will respect you sense of self, but for those who feel I need to abide by it (or worse, believe it), are insane.

A politician recently caught backlash for identifying as a lesbian black woman. He was a male. 

The irony, was many in the backlash, stated he hadn't been black long enough, and was insulting the black community. 

He was clearly trolling, but that's besides the point.

His doing so, exposed holes in the ideology. How can people determine him as white? 

How can you determine am male?

Why are these things questions nowadays?

Why is questioning it, bigoted? 

Rupaul doesn't scare me one bit. They live their lives authentically. Good on them.

Also, they don't ram their lifestyle down the throat of kids. 

They know they are drag queens. 

Recently in the Philippines Cebu Airlines welcomed their first trans flight attendants. 

They made no illusions about them being trans.

In Thailand. There is no illusion.

Some of the trans women, look better than the biological women o_O

Trying to demand us to believe something that just isn't true biologically, then hammering it down kids throats and calling anyone bringing anything into question, bigots is where most Canadians have drawn the line.

Us being an overall welcoming country to immigration and the LGBTQ community, is where you would be right.

But this aggressive push has created a backlash for a reason.

Egads man, get over yourself. I have kids who went through the system. I know teachers. There will always be a few exceptions, but your "excuse" for intolerance by saying something has got too far is no different than the 1950s when gay couples started to come out and uptight conservatives said "this is going too far."

The young kids will grow up FAR MORE accepting than their parents. It's just another cycle. Where the oldtimers freak out because they have been told that the LGBTQ are groomers and promoting a lifestyle. There is MORE nudity on a beach and more unpleasant sights (string bikinis, beer bellies everywhere) than in a Pride parade - you going to stop taking your kids to the beach?

How about white middleclass women enrolling their kids in beauty pageants? Do you not think THIS is grooming?

rVFACfEnifSsmQQ-800x450-noPad.thumb.webp.a48fa0493789002dc8b37de7bd092b91.webp

YOU can't or won't let live because of your own insecurities. Plain and simple. I grew up liberal and we NEVER were offended by gays, blacks, Muslims, or feminists. How the hell did we reach old age without conflict? Must be we just saw people as people. While your lot is constantly angry, frustrated, fearful and wasting your life away in intolerance. 

You DO realize I hope, the day will come when you look back and ask yourself - wtf? I just wasted my life away hating and being freaked out when I could have had a better quality of life.

Sorry bud, that is NOT for me. I will embrace a queer, not run and hide from them. I will add one thing further, which you might accuse me of making up, but I am NOT:

Near where I live a Catholic high school displayed a Pride flag recently. A half dozen protesters came out in front of the school with placards reading stuff like "stop indoctrinating our kids" and "homosexuality is a sickness." Guess what happened? Seriously, take a guess?

Dozens of students came out to confront the protesters with rainbow flags draped over their shoulders and glared the protesters down. No violence, but the protesters quickly left. Guess which group - the protesters or the kids who confronted them - will make better citizens. Care to guess?

• Like 1

Talking points (for those with an education.)

1. Dylan Mulvaney is a MAN. He is not a her or a SHE.  HE was born a MALE. HE did not change his gender, his sex. If HE even underwent a sex change operation, all HE did was get castrated. HE will never have a period or give birth to a child. Only REALLY stupid blue state idi0ts fail to get this.

2. Mulvaney is NOT behind the multi billion dollar fiasco with Bud Light. HE is just a face. The person to blame is the marketing officer of the company who approved that campaign that has practically sunk the company. There are freaks and queers like Mulvaney all over the place and their existence doesn't stop  normal people from buying and drinking beer. HE did not promote anything. HE allowed his picture to be taken in female attire and it was put on a few Bud Light cans. (Down here in Florida, I have yet to see that freak's puss on ANY Bud Light cans, but this is just one place.) HE was stupid to allow that to happen. It's unfair, but HE is getting blamed for Bud Light's downfall.

3. The FIRST unwritten rule in BUSINESS 101, (which is NEVER covered in any college or left wing blue state diploma mill) is STAY THE FCK OUT OF POLITICS. Why pi$s off HALF your demographic just because you want to publicize an OPINION,  one way or another. Keep it about the product. As far as beer goes, keep it about (a) the fun lifestyle associated with the tasteless, watered down American brews and (b) the taste, (if it is an import.)

Same here. Bud Light is watered down urine.

This happens to be true.

4 hours ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Egads man, get over yourself. I have kids who went through the system. I know teachers. There will always be a few exceptions, but your "excuse" for intolerance by saying something has got too far is no different than the 1950s when gay couples started to come out and uptight conservatives said "this is going too far."

The young kids will grow up FAR MORE accepting than their parents. It's just another cycle. Where the oldtimers freak out because they have been told that the LGBTQ are groomers and promoting a lifestyle. There is MORE nudity on a beach and more unpleasant sights (string bikinis, beer bellies everywhere) than in a Pride parade - you going to stop taking your kids to the beach?

Public nudity is against the law. You Libbies love to toss the law about only when it suits you and dismiss it when it does not. There is not more nudity on a public beach than fully naked. Quit trying to excuse poor social behaviour and criminal acts.

How about white middleclass women enrolling their kids in beauty pageants? Do you not think THIS is grooming?

rVFACfEnifSsmQQ-800x450-noPad.thumb.webp.a48fa0493789002dc8b37de7bd092b91.webp

YES! Little girls do not need to be sexualized. The parents of these poor kids should have their kids removed from their custody. Its gross.

YOU can't or won't let live because of your own insecurities. Plain and simple. I grew up liberal and we NEVER were offended by gays, blacks, Muslims, or feminists. How the hell did we reach old age without conflict? Must be we just saw people as people. While your lot is constantly angry, frustrated, fearful and wasting your life away in intolerance. 

Oh horseshit. For the last decade you Libbies have been openly tearing at the social fabric. Trannies in elementary schools...MAPS...men in womens' sports...the BLM riots sparked by a Gawd Damn CRIMINAL! You push too far and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see open rebellion to this chickenshit.

Edited by Nationalist

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Public nudity is against the law. You Libbies love to toss the law about only when it suits you and dismiss it when it does not. There is not more nudity on a public beach than fully naked. Quit trying to excuse poor social behaviour and criminal acts.

YES! Little girls do not need to be sexualized. The parents of these poor kids should have their kids removed from their custody. Its gross.

Oh horseshit. For the last decade you Libbies have been openly tearing at the social fabric. Trannies in elementary schools...MAPS...men in womens' sports...the BLM riots sparked by a Gawd Damn CRIMINAL! You push too far and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see open rebellion to this chickenshit.

Open rebellion? I can already see it. P*ssies like yourself sound all big and brave behind your computers. Come to take real action, you will storm some government building, look around in confusion, stop for photo ops and when they come to arrest you, you will turn each other in for lighter sentences. 

Threaten all you want. It's all just bluster. If you were half a man you wouldn't be pissing your pants over LGBTQ or Drag Queens. You don't see us "libbies" pissing our pants because our neighbors are of a different religion, race or gender orientation. JAYSUS!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Open rebellion? I can already see it. P*ssies like yourself sound all big and brave behind your computers. Come to take real action, you will storm some government building, look around in confusion, stop for photo ops and when they come to arrest you, you will turn each other in for lighter sentences. 

Threaten all you want. It's all just bluster. If you were half a man you wouldn't be pissing your pants over LGBTQ or Drag Queens. You don't see us "libbies" pissing our pants because our neighbors are of a different religion, race or gender orientation. JAYSUS!

No I see you piss1ing your pants about Orangemanbad and anyone who crosses your warped desires. That includes the SCOTUS.

Personally...I don't give a rat's ass if some strange male decides he simply must dress and act like a female. There are places for that. They even have shows with that sort of stuff. All good...or at least not grossly objectionable.

But when these cross-dressers and LARPers decide they have to go into elementary schools and promote their interesting abnormalities, THAT'S where decent folk draw the line.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

No I see you piss1ing your pants about Orangemanbad and anyone who crosses your warped desires. That includes the SCOTUS.

Personally...I don't give a rat's ass if some strange male decides he simply must dress and act like a female. There are places for that. They even have shows with that sort of stuff. All good...or at least not grossly objectionable.

But when these cross-dressers and LARPers decide they have to go into elementary schools and promote their interesting abnormalities, THAT'S where decent folk draw the line.

Once again, what are YOU going to do? Talk loud? Beat your chest? Or do something REAL, like bring a baseball bat to so you can smash a teacher's head in? You are ALL talk. A blowhard. A wimp. A basement dweller afraid of the world. So when "decent" folk have had enough, tell me oh brave one, what will YOU actually do? Besides moan on a computer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

No Republican has ever proposed banning child beauty pageants have they ?

Just for interest sake...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/22/beauty-pageants-children--ban/2842431/

12 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Once again, what are YOU going to do? Talk loud? Beat your chest? Or do something REAL, like bring a baseball bat to so you can smash a teacher's head in? You are ALL talk. A blowhard. A wimp. A basement dweller afraid of the world. So when "decent" folk have had enough, tell me oh brave one, what will YOU actually do? Besides moan on a computer?

Really now? Gee...feel like saying that to my face there tough guy?

48 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Just for interest sake...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/22/beauty-pageants-children--ban/2842431/

Really now? Gee...feel like saying that to my face there tough guy?

Are you even serious with that comment? OMG, now he really is trying to pass himself off as a tough guy. I don't know you, you could beat the shit out of me, but you also don't know me. Are you really THAT insecure that you would talk tough to some guy on the internet? I won't respond by claiming how tough I am, I just know I am not such a wuss I have to beat my chest online. How much of a loser do you really want to pass yourself off as??

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

@SNOWFLAKE Ya...that's what I thought...

Hey fool, I have a life. I don't wait around for you to challenge me. Come on tough guy, reach through your computer screen and show me how TOUGH you are.

image.png.324a9d4bb4575f1e073e24eef3fa3e44.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNOWFLAKE said:

Are you even serious with that comment? OMG, now he really is trying to pass himself off as a tough guy. I don't know you, you could beat the shit out of me, but you also don't know me. Are you really THAT insecure that you would talk tough to some guy on the internet? I won't respond by claiming how tough I am, I just know I am not such a wuss I have to beat my chest online. How much of a loser do you really want to pass yourself off as??

Hey fool, I have a life. I don't wait around for you to challenge me. Come on tough guy, reach through your computer screen and show me how TOUGH you are.

image.png.324a9d4bb4575f1e073e24eef3fa3e44.png

Ya...that's what I thought.

When you grow a spine and become a man...let me know.

19 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ya...that's what I thought.

When you grow a spine and become a man...let me know.

Listen to yourself. The ONLY way you can feel like a man is to threaten someone on the internet? Sorry buttercup, that is just pathetic. I am even willing to bet you are so insecure in your manhood you won't let this go until you get the last word in. Tell you what, I wouldn't want you to lose sleep tonight thinking you got spanked, so I PROMISE not to rebut your next comment so you can feel manly. Deal?

Edited by SNOWFLAKE
  • Like 1