MORE FREE FOOD! (Just when you think Democrats couldn't possibly get ANY dumber...)

54 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Food in America is more plentiful and CHEAPER than any other place in the world. Starvation and poverty in America (except in California) is a CHOICE.

Stupidity in America is also a CHOICE. It's obvious you goose steppers have made that choice.

this got me curious to see how many people actually do starve to death in the states.

As near as i can tell, basically none. So i looked for people who died from malnutrition.  People don't actually die of malnutrition, but malnutrition may possibly play a role in their death and if that's the case then they call it a death attributed to malnutrition. Even with that very 'loose' definition the death rate is pretty damn low and almost non existant for children. It's more elderly.

So - surprisingly  fact verified. People don't actually die of starvation in America.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

this got me curious to see how many people actually do starve to death in the states.

As near as i can tell, basically none. So i looked for people who died from malnutrition.  People don't actually die of malnutrition, but malnutrition may possibly play a role in their death and if that's the case then they call it a death attributed to malnutrition. Even with that very 'loose' definition the death rate is pretty damn low and almost non existant for children. It's more elderly.

So - surprisingly  fact verified. People don't actually die of starvation in America.

In the late Seventies, (thanks to a book entitled "Sugar Blues") I became a health food nut. Was even a vegetarian for an entire month, and back then it wasn't easy to do, even going sugar free. I remember all the articles about the American diet, and how we were "digging our graves with a knife and fork."

Today, I still go without white sugar, but I've put away quite a few T-bone steaks and pizzas.

8 minutes ago, reason10 said:

In the late Seventies, (thanks to a book entitled "Sugar Blues") I became a health food nut. Was even a vegetarian for an entire month, and back then it wasn't easy to do, even going sugar free. I remember all the articles about the American diet, and how we were "digging our graves with a knife and fork."

Today, I still go without white sugar, but I've put away quite a few T-bone steaks and pizzas.

I've tried like hell to avoid sugar and starches as much as possible and honestly you pretty much have to make all your food from scratch. The amount of sugar in even the most simple commercial foods is insane.  And the salt. And it's worse in america believe it or not, That's why i said "IF" they did it right even the fat kids would benefit from having a healthy diet provided.  But i doubt they'd do it right.

Eating healthy is not a problem of money - i can do it very cheap.  Its mostly a problem of time. It's not super fast or convenient.

23 hours ago, reason10 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-demand-universal-free-breakfast-160710079.html

Democrats demand universal free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack for kids in school

Dozens of Democrats in the House and Senate proposed legislation this week that would give all students from pre-school through high school three free meals a day plus a snack regardless of income, a move they said is needed to cope with the "record numbers" of American kids who are struggling with hunger.

The bill makes no mention of how the program would be funded or what it would cost. Many bills include language saying that Congress will appropriate whatever money is needed to fund a new program, or that funding will come from spending offsets or higher taxes.

"It is an international embarrassment that today, in the richest country in the history of the world, we are seeing record numbers of children and youth struggling with hunger on a daily basis," said Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., the sponsor of the Senate legislation.

A couple of talking points.

1. Yutes struggling with hunger? Do THESE yutes look like they've missed too many meals?

th?id=OIP.2cy1nOlgfoUnEoRE0XeeMgAAAA&pidth?id=OIP.J0WtwnbdBFeJy11dtoi3MAHaEA&pidth?id=OIP.kYDhA3ilS_Aj3hai5-sAuwHaE5&pidth?id=OIP._EvqrzkHfV8zDWT0ary8fQHaE5&pid

(Oh, and don't EVEN start that bullschitt about  proper nutrition. We aren't talking diet. (They sure as hell aren't.) We're talking HUNGER. These kids look HUNGRY to you?

2. What MULTI MILLIONAIRE BERNIE STALIN SANDERS fails to realize is that Florida public schools ALREADY have a free food program.  In the two counties I sub at, the schools provide free lunches and free breakfasts for the needy kids. In one county where there is a sizeable population of HOMELESS kids, the public schools are the ONLY source of food they get, when they're not sleeping in the woods. They get fed and they get a better education than ANY goose stepping blue state.

Unelected Joe has spent America into the HIGHEST DEFICITS IN HISTORY, which has resulted in the WORST inflation in history. And now these Democrats want to spend MORE money on a problem that DOESN'T EXIST?

Democrats think money grows on trees. They always have. 

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

Abortion activists care even less about the children that ARE born. lol

they're not yelling at the child. THey're yelling at the mother who chose to let herself get pregnant when she coudln't care for the kid properly.  Hopefully 'mom" will get her act together and start being a good parent.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

How do you figure?

For starters, why are there still so many kids in America going hungry? Shouldn't you degenerates at least be covering the blue state/blue city kids? One would think that people who are as enlightened as you democrats think you are, there wouldn't be a blue kid suffering anywhere except for a few unrelated outliers. 

https://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/child-hunger-facts#:~:text=What happens when a child,conditions like anemia and asthma.

Edited by Deluge

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

they're not yelling at the child. THey're yelling at the mother who chose to let herself get pregnant when she coudln't care for the kid properly.  Hopefully 'mom" will get her act together and start being a good parent.

The cartoon is trying to depict conservatives as stupid, but in a humorous way. It fails, of course, but that's only because leftists are just as unfunny as they are corrupt and deranged. 

My comment was a shot at abortion activists. 

6 minutes ago, Deluge said:

The cartoon is trying to depict conservatives as stupid, but in a humorous way. It fails, of course, but that's only because leftists are just as unfunny as they are corrupt and deranged. 

My comment was a shot at abortion activists. 

Ahhh ;)

well we all know the left can't meme :)

40 minutes ago, Deluge said:

For starters, why are there still so many kids in America going hungry? Shouldn't you degenerates at least be covering the blue state/blue city kids? One would think that people who are as enlightened as you democrats think you are, there wouldn't be a blue kid suffering anywhere except for a few unrelated outliers. 

https://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/child-hunger-facts#:~:text=What happens when a child,conditions like anemia and asthma.

I don't know.  I'm certainly in favour of far more and greater social services to make sure poor people can feed their children a nutritious diet.  I'm glad to hear you are.

Is that something you and the Republicans think might give you the edge in the next election?

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't know.  I'm certainly in favour of far more and greater social services to make sure poor people can feed their children a nutritious diet.  I'm glad to hear you are.

Is that something you and the Republicans think might give you the edge in the next election?

Nope. I'm very much in the "teach a man to fish" camp. I want proactive programs in place, not nanny government bullshit. 

Edited by Deluge

11 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Nope. I'm very much in the "teach a man to fish" camp. I want proactive programs in place, not nanny government bullshit. 

So how do you figure abortion activists care even less about the children that ARE born.   I'm pro-choice, and I would like to feed children.  You want to teach them to fish.

It's not about people in the USA starving to death.

It's about students being fed enough to absorb what they're taught in school. So they don't end up brainless twits like reason10. And have the brains not to post pics of fat kids and call everyone else Nazis and think that makes them look anything other than a malicious pig.

Obviously he's a Russian troll pretending to be a MAGA Republican by promoting the ugliest, most disgusting ideas in order to promote hatred against actual Americans.

15 minutes ago, herbie said:

It's about students being fed enough to absorb what they're taught in school. So they don't end up brainless twits like reason10.

well the stats i could find indicated that less than 1 percent of school kids are undernourished at all.  Or at least by American standards.  So why would we have to feed all of them 3 meals?  If 99 of the kids are fine and 1 kid might be under nourished (and that's a pretty high end estimate) then why not just feed that kid? Sounds 100 times cheaper to me :)

When you're trying to negotiate a new thing you don't ask for as little as you can, you ask for as much as you can and if you end up with as little as you can get - that's still better than dick shit.

Honest to God, nobody's gonna support that total ask, even though they're supposed to be already doing that through other means, welfare, child protection agencies, etc.
Hell, I'd re-do school if I could get bacon & eggs, soup & sandwich, a fruit & cookie and meat & potatoes dinner handed to me, who wouldn't?

The new school in our town does some of that, it's a semi-private school. If you're not sponsored by the band or church and can't pay you have to volunteer in the running. Fruit and snacks are provided (they recognize the number of kids going to school hungry) and volunteers run a kitchen to provide hot lunches for kids who don't bring their own.
And don't lay blame 100% on parents either. It was all I could do to make my kids eat breakfast and pack a lunch. Half their friends would just bring a Mr Noodles and eat them dry!

1 hour ago, herbie said:

When you're trying to negotiate a new thing you don't ask for as little as you can, you ask for as much as you can and if you end up with as little as you can get - that's still better than dick shit.

Ok, well then my counter position is no :) There's the door :)

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Honest to God, nobody's gonna support that total ask, even though they're supposed to be already doing that through other means, welfare, child protection agencies, etc.

Well kind of what my point was. There are other programs and many of them.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Hell, I'd re-do school if I could get bacon & eggs, soup & sandwich, a fruit & cookie and meat & potatoes dinner handed to me, who wouldn't?

Just about everybody wouldn't, Learn to cook dude, it's not hard

1 hour ago, herbie said:

The new school in our town does some of that, it's a semi-private school. If you're not sponsored by the band or church and can't pay you have to volunteer in the running. Fruit and snacks are provided (they recognize the number of kids going to school hungry) and volunteers run a kitchen to provide hot lunches for kids who don't bring their own.

In canada with possibly the exception of the last 6 months or so if kids are going to school hungry they have negligent parents. Or they're on a diet. The malnutrition rate in canada is a fraction of what it is in the states, with the programs we have there is no way kids go hungry otherwise.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

And don't lay blame 100% on parents either.

I'll dial it back to %99.00

1 hour ago, herbie said:

It was all I could do to make my kids eat breakfast and pack a lunch. Half their friends would just bring a Mr Noodles and eat them dry!

they couldn't afford hot water? C'mon. That severely stretches credibility.

I do get it - i've been poor to the point where i've missed meals. Sometimes it can get that bad. But i also didn't take advantage of gov't programs that i could have, and would have if i'd had kids at that point.

4 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

You mean anti-abortion activists? 

Anti-abortion, Pro-Life, it's all the same when dealing with abortion activists. We are fighting for life and you are fightihng for death - it's clear that we are on the right side of this debate and you aren't. 

6 hours ago, bcsapper said:

So how do you figure abortion activists care even less about the children that ARE born.   I'm pro-choice, and I would like to feed children.  You want to teach them to fish.

No, you want across the board abortions (sacrament of the Left, population control) and tax payers fleeced for bullshit nanny state programs. 

You're a marxist; nothing more.