4 Proud Boys Convicted of Seditious Conspiracy

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If...conspire to.... [do a whole bunch of things], they shall be....

Each item on that list is considered to be prepended by "conspire to". I.e., conspire to overthrow, conspire to put down, conspire to destroy by force.....

That's how it is to be interpreted. 

Unless you have a US legal education and EXTENSIVE experience in US LAW practice, YOU don't have the authority to determine how ANYTHING in the law "is to be interpreted."

The FACT that a conviction was procured, says YOU ARE WRONG.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If...conspire to.... [do a whole bunch of things], they shall be....

Each item on that list is considered to be prepended by "conspire to". I.e., conspire to overthrow, conspire to put down, conspire to destroy by force.....

That's how it is to be interpreted. 

Unless you have a US legal education and EXTENSIVE experience in US LAW practice, YOU don't have the authority to determine how ANYTHING in the law "is to be interpreted."

35 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Buddy hate to bust your bubble but it takes more than searching an internet dictionary to understand and argue the law. 

I hate to burst your bubble but sedition is an English word with the same specific meaning in dozens of English-speaking countries. 

When people are committing the crime of sedition, that's universally understood to mean one thing. 

When they're in the act of rebellion or whatever else, there are specific words for the various actions. 

When you see someone throwing a rock, or pushing on a barricade, that is not someone committing sedition.

It might be evidence that they or someone else committed sedition, but not necessarily. 

33 minutes ago, robosmith said:

OMG you're so stupid it's mind-boggling. 

1) Yeah, the law means exactly what I said it did. Just because you're too stupid to understand that doesn't change anything. FYI getting an American law degree wouldn't qualify me to change what their laws mean to suit your fancy - I'd still have to give you the exact same answer

2) The FACT that they were found guilty of sedition says "THEY WERE FOUND GUILTY OF SEDITION". That's all. It doesn't mean that the definition of sedition has been changed to include "The act of merely throwing rocks".

It means that they planned the rock throwing and/or convinced other people to participate in the rock throwing. It doesn't even mean that they personally participated in the rock throwing. They could have been in Cleveland for every day of 2020 and 2021 and still been found guilty of sedition. They didn't have to set foot in DC at any point in their lives to be found guilty of that particular charge. 

That's sedition. They were the ring-leaders. In some instances people convinced other people at the protest to take an active role in things that amounted to rebellion, treason, what have you. That's also sedition.

Ray Epps - seditious. Put his picture in the dictionary right beside the word seditious, it's a 100% match. 

There can be people who entered the capitol with the worst of intentions, just because they were convinced to do so by Ray Epps or someone else, who are not guilty of sedition at all. They'd be guilty of treason or whatnot, but not sedition. If they didn't help plan or try to convince other people to join in the fray, they're innocent on that count.

Think of it this way: if someone wants to overthrow the gov't, and they convince a whole bunch of people to commit treason, but never get their hands dirty themselves, are they innocent? No. Of course not. They're as or more guilty than almost anyone else, so as a gov't you have to be able to implicate them in a major way. You have to make that a crime. Sedition is the name of that particular crime. 

For your edification:

Treason is a federal crime that consists of acts against the United States government, while sedition is a state crime that consists of inciting rebellion or violence against the government. Although both crimes can be punishable by imprisonment, treason is generally considered to be more serious.

Treason is usually more serious. Sedition at the Ray Epps level is nickel and dime. Entering the capitol as a lookie-loo on Jan 6th is nickel and dime. Breaking windows there is serious, but if Trump was found guilty of planning an actual attack on the capitol then his crime of sedition would be far more serious than that of anyone else involved in any capacity. 

22 minutes ago, robosmith said:

No, that would be you PRETENDING your amateur legal eagle OPINION means more than a CONVICTION in COURT.

We know what the law means by the FACT that they were found GUILTY.

Now I remember why you're on my ignore list lol. FYI what you just said isn't even a rational argument.

If someone is found guilty of sedition, that doesn't mean that they committed a different crime, like treason, but got charged with sedition. It means that they got charged with sedition, and someone made the case that they committed sedition. 

No one just ran around in a "seditious" group throwing rocks and then went into the capitol seditiously and got charged with sedition. None of those things are sedition.

The LEADERS/PLANNERS/ORGANIZERS of a group convinced people to do something and the judge believed that thing was treasonous, so the planners were charged with sedition. Does that make sense, or are you a really crappy AI bot?

Robosmith... bot... I think I'm onto something here...

Hey dummies: @robosmith  @BeaverFever @Rebound , get a load of this:

Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and three other members of the far-right extremist group were convicted Thursday of a plot to attack the U.S. Capitol in a desperate bid to keep Donald Trump in power after the Republican lost the 2020 presidential election.

Tarrio wasn’t in Washington on Jan. 6, because he had been arrested two days earlier in a separate case and ordered out of the capital city. But prosecutors said he organized and directed the attack by Proud Boys who stormed the Capitol that day.

Wasn't in DC on that day, still guilty of committing "seditious conspiracy". Hmmmm. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with throwing rocks, or entering the capitol... ?

Edited by WestCanMan

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Now I remember why you're on my ignore list lol. FYI what you just said isn't even a rational argument.

If someone is found guilty of sedition, that doesn't mean that they committed a different crime, like treason, but got charged with sedition. It means that they got charged with sedition, and someone made the case that they committed sedition. 

No one just ran around in a "seditious" group throwing rocks and then went into the capitol seditiously and got charged with sedition. None of those things are sedition.

The LEADERS/PLANNERS/ORGANIZERS of a group convinced people to do something and the judge believed that thing was treasonous, so the planners were charged with sedition. Does that make sense, or are you a really crappy AI bot?

Robosmith... bot... I think I'm onto something here...

Those convicted were the LEADERS of PB and OK, NOT the foot soldiers. They KNEW the PLAN was to overturn the election BY FORCE. AKA, seditious CONSPIRACY. Duh.

24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Wasn't in DC on that day, still guilty of committing "seditious conspiracy". Hmmmm. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with throwing rocks, or entering the capitol... ?

It has to do with a CONSPIRACY and under US law, every MEMBER of the GROUP is responsible for everything done in the CONSPIRACY.

Which you would know if you were an actual legal expert. LMAO

22 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It has to do with a CONSPIRACY and under US law, every MEMBER of the GROUP is responsible for everything done in the CONSPIRACY.

Which you would know if you were an actual legal expert. LMAO

If you still don't know what sedition means, and you insist on making leftists look retarded, go for it.  Not my problem. Everyone else knows how though. 

42 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you still don't know what sedition means, and you insist on making leftists look retarded, go for it.  Not my problem. Everyone else knows how though. 

Well the jury and the prosecutors disagree with YOUR interpretation and that's the ONLY thing that counts.

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The crime is called seditious conspiracy. It is the planning to do these things by force.  The guilty party does not need to have conducted the violence and in fact the crime can occur even if there is no violence. It is illegal to plot the overthrow of the government.  

Apparently, courts have made convictions extremely difficult to prosecute and very rare.  The last successful conviction was in 1995.

Edited by Rebound

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Hey genius why don’t you google the oxford dictionary definition of “conspiracy”… spoiler alert:: plotting to commit a crime is a crime, even if you’re a gutless coward like Tario who has his minions do the dirty work while he hides. 

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I hate to burst your bubble but sedition is an English word with the same specific meaning in dozens of English-speaking countries. 

When people are committing the crime of sedition, that's universally understood to mean one thing. 

When they're in the act of rebellion or whatever else, there are specific words for the various actions. 

When you see someone throwing a rock, or pushing on a barricade, that is not someone committing sedition.

It might be evidence that they or someone else committed sedition, but not necessarily. 

Dear Dummy,  

Legal terms and definitions are not the  same as oxford dictionary definitions 

Sincerely,

Everyone who Graduated High School

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Dear Dummy,  

Legal terms and definitions are not the  same as oxford dictionary definitions 

Sincerely,

Everyone who Graduated High School

Dear Dummy,  

Sedition is plotting/inciting, treason is attacking.

Sincerely,

Everyone who Graduated Junior High School

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

The need for overemphasis has become commonplace when educating you racists. 

Four Proud Boys and Four Oath Keepers were convicted of seditious conspiracy and other charges. I hope that a ninth, their ringleader, is convicted as well. 

I require no education on this point. It is a simple fact. Eight convictions. It makes your conservative heads explode; I don’t know why that is but Enrique Tarrio is in prison and he’s going to stay there for a long time. 

Edited by Rebound

Just now, Rebound said:

Four Proud Boys were convicted of seditious conspiracy and other charges. 

I require no education on this point. It is a simple fact. It makes your conservative heads explode; I don’t know why that is but Enrique Tarrio is in prison and he’s going to stay there for a long time. 

Four proud boys were convicted in the courts of leftism. 

They're probably innocent. 

Just now, Deluge said:

Four proud boys were convicted in the courts of leftism. 

They're probably innocent. 

Hey dummy, I don’t give a damn what you think. CONVICTED IN A COURT OF LAW. LEGALLY.  

Their asses are in jail.  Where they belong.  Maybe if you didn’t fill your web browser with slanted bias masquerading as news and truth, you’d accept this simple fact.  A jury convicted them.  Not leftists. A jury. That’s how America works and if that’s too liberal for you, go to Russia where the government just tosses your ass in jail if they feel like it.  

21 hours ago, Aristides said:

Ya, we already know the only part of the Constitution you agree with is the 2nd Amendment.

I nominate that the stupidest post of 2023. 

Now, let's dig in: Point out where I disagree with the Constitution. ;)

Edited by Deluge

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Hey dummy, I don’t give a damn what you think. CONVICTED IN A COURT OF LAW. LEGALLY.  

Their asses are in jail.  Where they belong.  Maybe if you didn’t fill your web browser with slanted bias masquerading as news and truth, you’d accept this simple fact.  A jury convicted them.  Not leftists. A jury. That’s how America works and if that’s too liberal for you, go to Russia where the government just tosses your ass in jail if they feel like it.  

Wrong. Convicted in the kangaroo courts of pervert. 

They've been wrongfully accused, convicted and imprisoned and that shit's going to change.

As a whole, Americans are getting sick of the woke, and God bless them for it. 

Edited by Deluge

6 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I nominate that the stupidest post of 2023. 

Now, let's dig in: Point out where I disagree with the Constitution. ;)

Apparently you disagree with the part in the Constitution about a JURY judging the Jan 6th conspirators GUILTY as YOU STATED HERE.

21 hours ago, Rebound said:

So how come Fox News hasn’t reported this at all? Do you think it’s because they refused to report facts and truth? The fact is the fact: These men were convicted.  

Fox news just fired Tucker Carlson. That means they will be shifting left soon. Won't be long before you brain hungry zombies will be dragging past Fox, too. 

Edited by Deluge

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Hey genius why don’t you google the oxford dictionary definition of “conspiracy”… spoiler alert:: plotting to commit a crime is a crime, even if you’re a gutless coward like Tario who has his minions do the dirty work while he hides. 

Yup. And there are different levels of crimes. Even for various types of murders.

The form of conspiracy committed by Tarrio is called......... wait for it............

........(how do you keep a dummy in suspense? I'll tell you tomorrow ?).........