Digital currency's and a cashless society.

taxme

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Are you really that much of a sucker?   How would you like your access to funds turned off if the government doesn’t like what you’re buying or your political views?   Maybe that’s a bad food choice or you’re doing too much driving this month, destroying the planet.  After what happened with the freezing of bank accounts in Canada, only very stupid people would support digital central bank currencies.  Crypto was supposed to be a way of ensuring that people had money without state control, especially in totalitarian countries.  Central bank digital currencies are a way for governments to circumvent that.  

Get over it dude. 270 convoy organizers, truckers and leaders had accounts frozen and almost all were released within a week. Very targeted and only those in the Ottawa trucker debacle were affected.

Crypto was "supposed to" and it failed. Became the underground crime and war mongering exchange. LOL

No matter how hard you try, you cannot hide. "They" will find you and know what you do. That is fact, not your fantasy. Whine and cry and blame everyone for your paranoia but, yours (and taxme) is a self induced wound.

Time to move on dude LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Get over it dude. 270 convoy organizers, truckers and leaders had accounts frozen and almost all were released within a week. Very targeted and only those in the Ottawa trucker debacle were affected.

Crypto was "supposed to" and it failed. Became the underground crime and war mongering exchange. LOL

No matter how hard you try, you cannot hide. "They" will find you and know what you do. That is fact, not your fantasy. Whine and cry and blame everyone for your paranoia but, yours (and taxme) is a self induced wound.

Time to move on dude LOL

You and Moonbox are such total sellouts 

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

You and Moonbox are such total sellouts 

Can shove it out but can't take it eh? Typical. :)   Boo Hoo, even place a down vote on it Boo Hoo .

When you no longer have a current event soapbox, ya gotta dive into the historical comic book box ?

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Can shove it out but can't take it eh? Typical. :)   Boo Hoo, even place a down vote on it Boo Hoo .

When you no longer have a current event soapbox, ya gotta dive into the historical comic book box ?

How much are the Libs paying you? It’s not worth it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

14 hours ago, August1991 said:

I disagree. Strongly.

CBDC simply means making currency easier to use.

Heck, it exists already.

You are another no mind that does not get the picture. Paying with cash means the government or anyone else will not know as to what you are doing with your own cash dollars. That is what the government wants to stop. Paying with cash.

Wake up. It's getting later than you think. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

You are another no mind that does not get the picture. Paying with cash means the government or anyone else will not know as to what you are doing with your own cash dollars. That is what the government wants to stop. Paying with cash.

Meme Creator - Funny they are watching us Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Ha Ha Ha

You are being watched... and not by me LOL

Suck it up buttercup, your paranoia is leaking out your tail hole Ha Ha HA.

Watched by whom?  Don’t you see that anyone who is “watching” and policing reasonable views is sick?   Are you sick, in someone’s employ?  My opinions have always been about ensuring that our basic rights aren’t compromised.  You have consistently defended trouncing rights.  You throw in some criticism of Liberal policies, but I saw your creepy defence of government overreach from when you started coming on here around a year ago.  It’s your right to be an apologist for poor governance.  You do you.  

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Watched by whom?  Don’t you see that anyone who is “watching” and policing reasonable views is sick?   Are you sick, in someone’s employ?  My opinions have always been about ensuring that our basic rights aren’t compromised.  You have consistently defended trouncing rights.  You throw in some criticism of Liberal policies, but I saw your creepy defence of government overreach from when you started coming on here around a year ago.  It’s your right to be an apologist for poor governance.  You do you.  

HA HA HA.

You are the paranoid one claiming if you use cash you can slide around unnoticed...Ha Ha Ha

And you attack me?? LOL. I could not care less about you. but watch out......

Watching You Funny Metal Sign Home Security Sign - Etsy Canada

You’re naive to the dangers of giving more surveillance power and control to government.  It has and will be abused.  There’s a list of Snowdens and Asanges out there who are basically stateless because government didn’t like being called out.  You can look at China to see how a state uses power against its citizens.  Social credit systems are not science fiction.  CBDCs are emblematic of government distrust of citizens and a way to know exactly what you buy, where you buy it, and from whom. They can be switched off like a tap. If you don’t see the risk for abuse and the clear privacy violation, I can’t help you.  Like our new internet controls, the justification will be your “safety”.  No thanks.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re naive to the dangers of giving more surveillance power and control to government.  It has and will be abused.  There’s a list of Snowdens and Asanges out there who are basically stateless because government didn’t like being called out.  You can look at China to see how a state uses power against its citizens.  Social credit systems are not science fiction.  CBDCs are emblematic of government distrust of citizens and a way to know exactly what you buy, where you buy it, and from whom. They can be switched off like a tap. If you don’t see the risk for abuse and the clear privacy violation, I can’t help you.  Like our new internet controls, the justification will be your “safety”.  No thanks.  

Give more???

Wake up and smell the surveillance dude.

Ya can't hide, even to have a dump. It is here already LOL

But hey, if ya ain't done nuthin wrong, who cares??

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

This is what's known as a "bad" idea. All around. There is no benefit, only loss.

Of course.  Naïveté and defeatism will enable the end of liberal-democracy.  It will look cool to the distracted populace at first, supercharged A. I. systems and wrap-around surveillance meant to keep us “safe” and make our transactions more “convenient”.   Of course only a complete fool would support CBDC’s.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Of course.  Naïveté and defeatism will enable the end of liberal-democracy.  It will look cool to the distracted populace at first, supercharged A. I. systems and wrap-around surveillance meant to keep us “safe” and make our transactions more “convenient”.   Of course only a complete fool would support CBDC’s.

I'm not a programmer. Never have been. But my gut tells me this is a really bad idea.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:17 PM, taxme said:

"Cash" will still exist - you know the paper (uh, plastic) with dead people - or an old foreign king looking right.

So, if some people for whatever reason want to remain anonymous in their deals, they can.

=====

But other people prefer to swipe.

This is the Central Bank responding to modern payment systems.  

On 5/19/2023 at 5:09 AM, Zeitgeist said:

Are you really that much of a sucker?   How would you like your access to funds turned off if the government doesn’t like what you’re buying or your political views?   Maybe that’s a bad food choice or you’re doing too much driving this month, destroying the planet.  After what happened with the freezing of bank accounts in Canada, only very stupid people would support digital central bank currencies.  Crypto was supposed to be a way of ensuring that people had money without state control, especially in totalitarian countries.  Central bank digital currencies are a way for governments to circumvent that.  

You miss the point.

====

At present, many people use their credit card or debit card for payments (deals/transactions). Kids even use their phones and swipe!

Our current Central Bank prints the plastic paper that many people now use in their daily life. This will continue, I presume.

The Bank of Canada is merely offering the option, if you want, and only if you want, you can also keep tabs in an app.

Since 1935, the Bank of Canada has printed billions of paper/plastic notes in various denominations.

The Bank (on its website) not only has a precise record of how many of each note but it also has records of the currency issued before 1935 - currency issued by private banks!

====

The monetary history of Canada is remarkable.

For English-Canadians who seek to demark their existence from Americans, there is nothing so remarkable as the monetary/financial history of the two countries. It is striking.

A book to be written. (Margaret Atwood wrote a foolish book. Galbraith wrote a good book about America.)

12 minutes ago, August1991 said:

You miss the point.

====

At present, many people use their credit card or debit card for payments (deals/transactions). Kids even use their phones and swipe!

Our current Central Bank prints the plastic paper that many people now use in their daily life. This will continue, I presume.

The Bank of Canada is merely offering the option, if you want, and only if you want, you can also keep tabs in an app.

The PM of Britain wants all G7 nations on CBDCs.  There’s a big push for this.  Why?  Control.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 3:32 PM, ExFlyer said:

Once again, chuckle.

I do not "accept" government oversight but I am also not stupid enough to know that you are always visible, whether you pay cash or not. Geez, you even have a tracking function on your cell phone.

What I comprehend is you are naive thinking you can function under the radar, government or companies or banks or corporations or phone companies or even your friends.

You are being watched and tracked. LOL

Listening to and being appreciated by people like zeitgiest only furthers your paranoia. Those folks live in the past and cannot get with the times. LOL

Let me put it to you another way. If I personally take out a $100 from my bank account, and give it to you, how is the government going to know that I gave you that $100? What? Are you going to tell the government that I gave you the $100? 

You are a bit stunned alright. You are just not getting as to what is being said here. I would rather be somewhat paranoid about government intrusion in my life, but you seem to welcome it with open arms. You said that "you are not stupid enough"? I question that, lefty. 

The past was a lot better and freer than what it is today. Getting with and going along with the times of today, people like you will accept whatever your traitorous politicians and the traitorous media tells you to do. You are certainly no leader. You are just one of those typical Joe and Mary six pack apathetic and naive followers. ?

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Let me put it to you another way. ....

You are a bit stunned alright. .... You said that "you are not stupid enough"? I question that, lefty. 

The past was a lot better and freer than what it is today. .....

Give it up Dude, no one gives sh!t bout your paranoia.

Lyrics from an old song fit for you

"But now it's over and done
'cause that was yesterday and yesterday's gone"

On 5/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, ExFlyer said:

Meme Creator - Funny they are watching us Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

LOL

They are watching you alright, and you must love it, eh lefty? Well, if I have to rely on you to protect my rights and freedoms, I might as well just join some communist party and be done with it. Are you a card carrying member of some communist party? Just asking. ?

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2023 at 4:50 PM, August1991 said:

"Cash" will still exist - you know the paper (uh, plastic) with dead people - or an old foreign king looking right.

So, if some people for whatever reason want to remain anonymous in their deals, they can.

=====

But other people prefer to swipe.

This is the Central Bank responding to modern payment systems.  

Cash for now still exists. That could end sometime down the road. For now, I repeat for now, the government has said that it will allow people to keep and use cash as the government tries to implement their CBDC, a cashless society. After that, who knows what they will try to do next. The WEF globalist elite is behind the push for a cashless society. Phk em.  

Let the people swipe all they want too. I could careless. For myself, I try to pay cash as much as possible for what I purchase. I take out a couple of hundred bucks out of my bank account and then I pay cash, and the traitorous government does not know as to what I have done with that cash. Just the way I like it. 

There is a lot more going on behind our backs by our traitorous politicians than we will ever know. ?

On 5/1/2023 at 7:01 PM, sharkman said:

You know what?  The more some people think they are "woke", the more they stay the same.  Sheeple, bleating for daddy government to provide for their needs.  Not realizing that the farmer is feeding them for reasons they might not care for if they knew. 

The CBDC remains just another fake boogeyman to these deluded folks.  They are the great useless eaters. 

Most of these woke members here are so far out in left field, that they cannot be seen anymore. The further away they are the better. Works for me. LOL. 

On 5/2/2023 at 7:03 AM, ExFlyer said:

I say, stay off the paranoia diet LOL.

Have you been around today's young people (25 and younger for sure). They already carry no cash and have not for a long time, by their own choice.

Long before the trucker debacle, long before emergency act enforcement and freezing a few activist accounts.

A freedom loving society has chosen to use credit and debit cards vice cash. No conspiracy, no coercion, no communist plot, no dictator edicts.

Oh and, what is China doing that seems to percolate your panic?

China has what is called a social credit score system where by if one of their citizen's pisses the commies off, they will give that person a credit score. What that means is that if one ends up with a low credit score, they pretty much cannot do very much. Their bank accounts are frozen and they are pretty much forced to stay at home.They have become unknowns. 

That is what has happened here in Canada today. We already have seen that happen to many supporters of the truckers. May supporters had their bank and credit card accounts shut down. I wonder how many children had to suffer because of that Marxist dictator in Ottawa? One has to be gawd dam stupid to go along and agree with that bit of communism in Canada. But sadly. it looks like many members here have no problem with it. The leftist brainwashed fools. The fools think that it cannot happen to them. Well, it can. You like to knock it. But your turn could be next. Hey, you never know, eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Give it up Dude, no one gives sh!t bout your paranoia.

Lyrics from an old song fit for you

"But now it's over and done
'cause that was yesterday and yesterday's gone"

Hey dude, I doubt very much that anyone pays any attention to your drivel like replies here. You certainly are no leader. Just a spinless lefty liberal follower and coward. I do give a shit about what is going on in Canada today. Eat that, loser.

Lefty liberals like you keep creating more of Canada's problems every day. I am pretty sure that you delight yourself in leftist communist causes. It's because of your I could careless attitude about what goes on in Canada today and that Canada is going for a big shit. Unlike woke leftists like you, I am not afraid to point out and speak up about what is going in Canada today. You like to take the easy way out. You like to go along to get along. Such a gutless wonder you are. 

So, go ahead and sing your stupid yesterday's gone song. I will continue to speak up, and will sing my own song, and try to bring back those good old days that lefties like you have pretty much destroyed. Conspiracy's do exist. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1