Unvaccinated woman denied organ transplant proves natural immunity in bid for life-saving procedure

https://tnc.news/2023/04/19/unvaxxed-natural-immunity/

Lewis is dying of a terminal illness. She was removed from the top of the organ donor transplant list after refusing to be vaccinated against Covid-19. She has been challenging the constitutionality of Covid-19 vaccine requirements for transplant candidates put in place by AHS, an Alberta Hospital, and six transplant doctors for more than a year.

Her counsel is now demanding that health officials accept her newly established natural immunity to Covid-19 as an alternative to vaccination and reinstate Lewis to the high-priority transplant waitlist by April 21. 

“There is no principled medical or scientific reason to continue to deny Ms. Lewis a life-saving organ transplant,” legal counsel Allison Pejovic said in a statement. 

Now - for those who claim 'no one was FORCED to get the vaccine'....  i kind of feel like 'Get it or we'll let you die' is KIND of forcing them :) 

Full disclosure, i'm fully vaxxed and boosted.  But - i totally respect people's right to choose and this really does feel like it's WAY over the line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Now - for those who claim 'no one was FORCED to get the vaccine'....  i kind of feel like 'Get it or we'll let you die' is KIND of forcing them :) 

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to acknowledge this...

Full disclosure, i'm fully vaxxed and boosted.  But - i totally respect people's right to choose and this really does feel like it's WAY over the line.

Kudos to you, sir!

So she was so f***ing butt stubborn she wouldn't get the vaccine to save her own f***ing life.
And we're supposed to have sympathy for her.

Willing to have herself cut open and someone elses guts stuffed inside her, but scared of a little needle jab....  in spite of having in twice. Like I guess we all know people who are so f***ing stupid they've had Covid two or three times and think that proves vaccines are bad.... DUHHHHHH ya just cant fix stupid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, herbie said:

So she was so f***ing butt stubborn she wouldn't get the vaccine to save her own f***ing life.
And we're supposed to have sympathy for her.

You mean she exercised her rights and for no medical or scientific reason out of hatred people like you are trying to let her die.

Yes.

Willing to have herself cut open and someone elses guts stuffed inside her, but scared of a little needle jab.... 

i'm sure that's the case. I'm certain that it's not what's inside the needle that concerns her.

in spite of having in twice.

Yeah - you'd think after that she'd realize how lethal it is and why she's got to be vaxxed.

DUHHHHHH ya just cant fix stupid.

You make it very hard to argue with your point there :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Yeah ask my buddy's kid. Four weeks in ICU with a tube shoved down his throat the first time, two weeks the next time and three weeks off work the last time.

"I didn't need no f***ing vaccine, it never killed me... it's all hype!"

Yeah - same with this lady, she's had it twice and had to go into the hospital each time and.... oh, wait....

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Subject to an antibody test, she should be able to get it.

You have to wonder at the mental stability of someone who would rather die than be vaccinated.

You have to wonder about someone who'd rather let someone die if they're not.  I can at least admire someone who's willing to put their life on the line for their principles. I have far less respect for someone who would take a life out of bitter spite because they didn't do what the person thought they should.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You have to wonder about someone who'd rather let someone die if they're not.  I can at least admire someone who's willing to put their life on the line for their principles. I have far less respect for someone who would take a life out of bitter spite because they didn't do what the person thought they should.

Her choice, don't hang it on someone else.

Organs are priceless, I would rather give it to someone who wanted it more than just trying to make a point. Someone who's life was more valuable to them.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, herbie said:

Yeah ask my buddy's kid. Four weeks in ICU with a tube shoved down his throat the first time, two weeks the next time and three weeks off work the last time.

"I didn't need no f***ing vaccine, it never killed me... it's all hype!"

BS. No one went to ICU for four weeks and then said "I didn't need no f***ing vaccine, it never killed me... it's all hype!". 

This is just like the story of when you renovated your house and "tripled its value" ?

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Subject to an antibody test, she should be able to get it.

If the vax was legitimately working - if there was a honest-to-God stat somewhere that showed that - then a vaccine requirement would make at least some sense.

This current vax requirement is like saying "Chew two sticks of guar gum while howling at the full moon from the top of Grouse Mountain" and you can get your surgery. 

You have to wonder at the mental stability of someone who would rather die than be vaccinated.

You have to be more than a little bit worried about the fact that someone who's still saying "the covid vaccine" runs an entire hospital. 

It's like going to see a psychiatrist who tells you to wear garlic around your neck to keep vampires away. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Take a life? Bitter spite? Other than yours I doubt that's these are the reasons going through anyone's mind. Policy or bureaucracy is the far more probable one.

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

OK, I stand partially corrected.

Eyeball was able to note that the above incident was over the line, but the vast majority of the leftists still maintain that threatening people with job loss and economic disaster didn't constitute force

The reason I'm willing to cut a little slack to the misinformed is that so much coordinated effort that should know better went into misinforming them.

I want to start seeing some accountability and liability for the deaths injury and waste of public health funding due to anti-vaccination misinformation. I'm thinking something along the lines that Rupert Murdoch and Alex Jones are paying.

Edited by eyeball

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If the vax was legitimately working - if there was a honest-to-God stat somewhere that showed that - then a vaccine requirement would make at least some sense.

This current vax requirement is like saying "Chew two sticks of guar gum while howling at the full moon from the top of Grouse Mountain" and you can get your surgery. 

You have to be more than a little bit worried about the fact that someone who's still saying "the covid vaccine" runs an entire hospital. 

It's like going to see a psychiatrist who tells you to wear garlic around your neck to keep vampires away. 

Let's see, If I don't get a transplant I will die. If I get vaccinated I have 0.0029% of the vaccine killing me (VAERS). I think I'll pass on the vax. 

They offered her an organ and her life but she turned it down just to make a stupid point.

With logic like that, she should see a shrink.

Edited by Aristides

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Her choice, don't hang it on someone else.

Not her choice apperently - her choice should have been to have the vax or not. It got 'hung' on someone else when they said 'well, you have to let us make that choice or we'll kill you'.

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Organs are priceless, I would rather give it to someone who wanted it more than just trying to make a point. Someone who's life was more valuable to them.

Nobody gives a crap  what you want.

You're literally saying you'd rather see someone die because you disagree with them. That's terrible.

Nobody should be penalized for exercising lawful rights.  SHe qualified before, she should qualify now.  Anything else is just legalizing murder for thought crimes.

There's clearly no medical or scientific reason not to allow her to have a transplant. 

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Let's see, If I don't get a transplant I will die. If I get vaccinated I have 0.0029% of the vaccine killing me (VAERS). I think I'll pass on the vax. 

They offered her an organ and her life but she turned it down just to make a stupid point.

With logic like that, she should see a shrink.

They shouldn't be forcing people to take the vax, period.

1) It's proven beyond a shadow of doubt that the jab does not prevent serious illness and/or death at all, and

2) the jab is proven to have serious side effects.

The fact that you took it and you didn't experience side-effects is just an anecdote. 

3) Forcing people to take the shot is no different than telling them to smoke a bit of crack. It won't help them, and it will probably won't harm them. 

4) Leftards would shriek if they told her take off her hijab to come into the hospital, or that they'd have to stop taking their gender transformation drugs for a month before and a month after. Neither of those things have the serious side-effects of the jab. 

Edited by WestCanMan

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Some 20000 Canadians unnecessarily died as a result of vaccine misinformation.

In there meantime not one death has been officially attributed to vaccine in Canada.

Dies of what? 

If you're saying covid, that's obviously a lie, because there weren't 20,000 unvaxed deaths since Dec 14 2020. Maybe m-vaxed, but I doubt it. 

50 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

BS. No one went to ICU for four weeks and then said "I didn't need no f***ing vaccine, it never killed me... it's all hype!". 

This is just like the story of when you renovated your house and "tripled its value" 

No they don't have to say it out loud, they can just prove they would say it by still being anti-vaxxers.

BTW the whole rest of the world knows about HGTV and channels like it dedicated to how to improve your house and increase its value. Keep speaking up and removing all doubt, simpleton.

Once I bought 5 acres for $10K, the assessed value didn't go up for 10 years. I cut all the marketable trees, cleared it and sold them to a mill. Sold it the next year for $25K just over the new assessment. And pocketed over $25K on the wood. Made $50K out of $10K but I suppose that can't possibly be done either.

51 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Take a life?

Yes that's what happens when you deny people live saving necessities.  They die.

Bitter spite?

Yes, that's what it's called when you harm someone out of ideology because you disagree strongly with them rather than science or facts.

Other than yours I doubt that's these are the reasons going through anyone's mind.

Of course they are.  Hell even here we've got people admitting they'd rather see someone die because they disagree with their choices. There's no medical reason for the policy. the gov't decided early on that people who didn't get vaxxed were bad people and have gone out of their way to be punitive.

Policy or bureaucracy is the far more probable one.

Policy - but where does the policy come from? It doesn't just appear. It's not driven by medical science, so what's it driven by?

The medical bureaucrats have been clear that they hate the unvaxed. Not just disagree but out and out deteest them.  And things like Trudeau's rant about how these people are a 'waste of space' and 'shouldn't be tolerated' give them license to exercise their bias.