Rainbow Capitalism and the Cartoonish Stupidity of Don Jr.

Just now, CdnFox said:

LOL - we always know you're frustrated and you know you're wrong when the pictures and memes come out :)  You must have felt TOTALLY inadequate this time ;)

Did you read the comic? It explains why, because of classism and where we all start, we don't have equal opportunity.

The way we level the playing field is with social welfare programs to reduce classism.

Now I don't expect you to address any of these points, because you don't actually care able equality of opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Did you read the comic? It explains why, because of classism and where we all start, we don't have equal opportunity.

Sure, it's a lie of course.  It's a leftist fantasy,  But we discussed this the other day.  Most rich people start off poor or middle class. The woman there is jeff bezos precisely.

The way we level the playing field is with social welfare programs to reduce classism.

Nope.  But again  - it's a lie the left have to tell.

Now I don't expect you to address any of these points, because you don't actually care able equality of opportunity.

I would expect you to say that because you have to lie to yourself about it - otherwise your hatred isn't 'justified', it's just you being a biatch and you can't have that.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Sure, it's a lie of course.  It's a leftist fantasy,  But we discussed this the other day.  Most rich people start off poor or middle class. The woman there is jeff bezos precisely.

First of all, that's absolutely not true. Most rich people start off rich or upper-class. Bezos is an exception.

Secondly, even if that wasn't true, it's still beside the point. The point is that we don't all start at the same start. People are given more opportunity depending on their upbringing.

https://talkpoverty.org/2015/12/17/american-dream-zip-codes-affordable-housing/

It's no coincidence that something as simple as your zip code can predict how successful you'll be.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You should sit there and watch these videos in full now, because you guys were gobbling it up and throwing shade on millions of people who actually did nothing to this hateful loser. 

And when it got out that Smollett lied, all of those stations reported on it.

This is the difference between real journalism and right-wing media. Real journalists get things wrong, but they admit it as soon as possible. But right-wing media, like Fox, just lies. The Fox pundits aren't admitting that they were wrong about the 2020 election, because they knew they were lying.

8 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

First of all, that's absolutely not true. Most rich people start off rich or upper-class. Bezos is an exception.

It's absolutely true. There's tonnes of research on it

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/majority-of-the-worlds-richest-people-are-self-made-says-new-report.html

Secondly, even if that wasn't true, it's still beside the point. The point is that we don't all start at the same start.

Don't need to. Gaining sufficient wealth to be middle class is pretty easy and if people don't make it then it's usually something other than an opportunity problem.

People are given more opportunity depending on their upbringing.

Not really. It's true that often poor people tell their kids that they're destined to be poor as well and that can colour their thinking. But so many in that position go on to do so well that it shows that it's just not the handicapp you'd think.

Meanwhile everyone has something to hold them back as a rule. Maybe they're fat - that really works against you. Or neurodivergent. That's absolutely hell. They might be sick or disabled. etc etc.

Everyone's got something to over come to be really successful in life. It means nothing.

It's no coincidence that something as simple as your zip code can predict how successful you'll be.

But it doesn't. 

the fact is that anyone can be successful.  But if you spend all of your time telilng them they can't - that reduces the odds quite a bit.

You could drop me into just about any circumstance in north america and i'd do very well - not rich becaues i'm not willng to do what's necessary to get htere but strong middle class for sure.

The difference is mostly about how you look at the world and opportunity - and that's not something your zip code inflicts on you.

Sorry kiddo - it's just not how it works. The leftie myth of 'can't get out of poverty' is just  a myth.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Is it the jews? the last time i heard someone talking like that it was the jews according to them.

But just for fun -  what legislation are you talking about.

It depends how you define equality. If you mean equality of opportunity Conservatives consistantly speak out in favour of it in  large numbers. In fact look at elected female leaders around the world, and they tend to be conservatives, and  i mean elected by their own conservative parties as well. The conservatives in Canada have put forward a female leader for prime minister and came close to doing so again -  how many have the libs put forward?

If you mean equality of out come conservatives are against that and should be.

Fact is - most of what minorities have are a result of conservative efforts.

And the left lies about their own activities in that regard quite a bit. Remember how the border was on the news every day when trump was in? The children living in cages, the tents, families seperated etc? Remember that?  I'ts worse now. Every bit as bad or worse. But  how often is that on the nightly news?

So again - sounds like you think all conservatives are white (they are not) and that you hate all of them as evil subhuman oppressors, which they also are not.

and that would make YOU the intolerant bigot here. Wouldn't it.

Elected female leaders? Like Kamela Harris, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi? 

Who wanted to stop gay marriage? Conservatives

Who’s passing anti-trans laws? Conservatives 

Who trash Jews?  Uh… YOU

And every single thing that black civil rights leaders do… conservatives trash it.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Take a closer look. Here's what it really says: "Of those folks, 67.7% were self-made, while 23.7% had a combination of inherited and self-created wealth. Only 8.5% of global high-net-worth individuals were categorized as having completely inherited their wealth."

So by "self-made" they really mean people who didn't inherit wealth. They're including people who were born into the upper-class and were given opportunities that poor people weren't.

Like the comic shows, people born into the upper-class have more time to study, better schools, and more social connections. They also grow up healthier which correlates to IQ rates. None of this has anything to do with inheritance, but it's still class privilege.

Not really. It's true that often poor people tell their kids that they're destined to be poor as well and that can colour their thinking. But so many in that position go on to do so well that it shows that it's just not the handicapp you'd think.

When talking about systemic classism, we're not talking about individual cases, we're talking about rates. On average, your zip code can predict how successful you'll be. This doesn't mean there won't be plenty of cases of people who grow up in the ghetto and end up in the upper-class. The point is that because of the way the system is set up, those people will always be a small minority.

Sorry kiddo - it's just not how it works. The leftie myth of 'can't get out of poverty' is just  a myth.

That's strawmanning. Nobody said you can't get out of poverty. I'm saying that in order to get closer to equality of opportunity, we should have social welfare programs to help people who have much less opportunity due to classism.

If you disagree that we should reduce inequality, then you don't actually believe in equality of opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Elected female leaders? Like Kamela Harris, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi? 

ummm - which of those is leader of their party? None? Ummm yeah. Didn't think that through did you.

Who wanted to stop gay marriage? Conservatives

Nope  - it was the liberals in Canada who went to court looking to stop it.

Who’s passing anti-trans laws? Conservatives 

What anti trans law? Where is it illegal to be a trans person? Sounds like you're lying.

Who trash Jews?  Uh… YOU

Nope - that was americana antifa . I was specifc that i'd heard someone talking like that. I wasn't going to bother mentioning her name but seeing as you insist...

And every single thing that black civil rights leaders do… conservatives trash it.  

Like what? 

Just now, Americana Antifa said:

Take a closer look. Here's what it really says: "Of those folks, 67.7% were self-made, while 23.7% had a combination of inherited and self-created wealth. Only 8.5% of global high-net-worth individuals were categorized as having completely inherited their wealth."

So by "self-made" they really mean people who didn't inherit wealth. They're including people who were born into the upper-class and were given opportunities that poor people weren't.

nope, There's plenty of others out there. and their definition of 'self made ', it's middle and lower class. 

And plenty of other reports out there to show the same thing.

Just now, Americana Antifa said:

When talking about systemic classism, we're not talking about individual cases,

Of course not because that ruins your argument, According to you we're also not talking about generalizations because THAT ruins your arugement as well.

No no - according to you we're talking about select cherry picked data that only supports your point.

Every single person of sound mind and relatively sound body can easily be middle class in America and it's even easier in canada.

It's that simple.

I think better k-12 education is a good thing and helps grease those wheels, that's something that could be improved on for sure. Councelling perhaps to help them with career path choices that their parents may not have taught them. But sorry - anyone can do it.

Just like fat people can do it, neurodivergents can do it, etc etc.

14 hours ago, CdnFox said:

nope, There's plenty of others out there. and their definition of 'self made ', it's middle and lower class. 

Yes, but they're the exception, not the rule. Eminem is a college drop out that grew up poor. However, the vast majority of people who grew up poor and dropped out of college are not going to be rich or even in the upper-class. We're talking about rates, not individual examples.

Seriously, do you really think poor people have as many opportunities as rich people? If the answer is no, but you're against trying to give the poor more opportunity, then you don't actually care about equality of opportunity.

And plenty of other reports out there to show the same thing.

Of course not because that ruins your argument, According to you we're also not talking about generalizations because THAT ruins your arugement as well.

We can talk about generalizations. Generally speaking, we can predict a person's chances at success based on where they grew up. There will be exceptions, but generally speaking, if you're born poor then you'll remain poor.

You linked one report where showed that a slight majority of rich people didn't inherit their wealth. It did not show that those people didn't have more opportunities than people born into poverty.

Every single person of sound mind and relatively sound body can easily be middle class in America and it's even easier in canada.

It's that simple.

Cool, but that's not the point. The point is that economics and classism dictate how many opportunities you get in life.

54 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Yes, but they're the exception, not the rule. Eminem is a college drop out that grew up poor. However, the vast majority of people who grew up poor and dropped out of college are not going to be rich or even in the upper-class. We're talking about rates, not individual examples.

Extreme success is always going to be the exception - even amonst those born with these 'privileges' you speak of. Most upper middle class people ALSO won't be billionares. 

But what it does show is that there is a clear path. OF those who DO get rich - a very large percent of them come from these backgrounds - so coming from that background does NOT impact your ability to achieve that kind of success in comparison to the 'privlidged.

Seriously, do you really think poor people have as many opportunities as rich people?

I think they do - i think if there's a problem it's more in convincing them of that, and perhaps a little education regarding the path, which i mentioned before. the opportunity is there - some may not know how to make use of that opportunity. Which is just as true of those who are not born poor but it is MORE likely they'll get that training from their parents who figured it out already.

If the answer is no, but you're against trying to give the poor more opportunity, then you don't actually care about equality of opportunity.

Well my answer was yes but i'm STILL all over the idea of helping young people maximize their opportunties and making sure they have some.

However - for most on the left "giving opporutnity' means bumping other kids out of school to give these kids a chance even tho they didn't earn it. That is NOT 'giving opportunity'.  Or demanding that more women be forced into STEM, and that is not opportunity

So - i'm pro opportunity but i suspect we may differ as to what that looks like.

We can talk about generalizations. Generally speaking, we can predict a person's chances at success based on where they grew up. There will be exceptions, but generally speaking, if you're born poor then you'll remain poor.

You contradict yourself. Is it based on location or wealth? And even then the numbers don't seem to add up.

And of course there's the obvious logical fallacy of commonality is not causality.  As noted - the reason they might stay poor is not necessarily a lack of opportunity. It may be that people in that area teach their kids they'll grow up poor. "you can't succeed" is a common message in such areas - i remember  some black guy (thats actually his handle - some black guy, well known youtuber) talking about this at length how his family and his friends families were that way and it really hampered him till he got over it.

So - it may not be a lack of opportunity at all.  I bet you pretty good money if you dropped me into one of those areas with no money with the knowledge i have today as a 20 year old it woudl be pretty quick and i'd be upper middle class.

So is it REALLY an opportunity issue? Or is it a cultural/education issue?

You linked one report where showed that a slight majority of rich people didn't inherit their wealth. It did not show that those people didn't have more opportunities than people born into poverty.

there are plenty of studies out there that do. Do some honest resaerch. and 2/3 is not a 'slight' majority :)

Cool, but that's not the point.

THat is the point. There are no real opportunity barriers. The opportunities are there. If there are challenges they lie in other areas.

19 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

And when it got out that Smollett lied, all of those stations reported on it.

This is the difference between real journalism and right-wing media. Real journalists get things wrong, but they admit it as soon as possible. But right-wing media, like Fox, just lies. The Fox pundits aren't admitting that they were wrong about the 2020 election, because they knew they were lying.

No, to be honest they acted like it was an outrageous accusation until there was overwhelming proof. 

If you look at the whole timeline of it, it stood as a "RACIST HOMOPHOBIC MAGA ASSAULT AGAINST A GAY BLACK MAN!!!!" for a very long time on 'tard news. 

The story was basically dead by the time that the MSM rolled around to limply admitting that it was BS, but then they ignored the fact that he slandered tens of millions of people, he just did it "to attract attention".

The MSM willingly and loudly went along with his slander of MAGA.

No, to be honest they acted like it was an outrageous accusation until there was overwhelming proof. 

Yeah. That's true. And even after it came out many tried to defend it. The rest just shut up about it.

The MSM willingly and loudly went along with his slander of MAGA.

This is the thing. They do this weird little substitution trick with stories they like that are unconfirmed - the first day its "allegedly attacked by trump supporters" or 'reportedly' - then the next day thats gone and it's 'was attacked' even tho that was never confirmed. Then it becomes "trump supporters claiming 'this is maga country' attacked... " as if it's confirmed truth. And by that time the public forgets that this was alleged and there's no evidence of it.

And it's not like there weren't some obvious holes in the story. There were questions RIGHT away about what he said happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah. That's true. And even after it came out many tried to defend it. The rest just shut up about it.

This is the thing. They do this weird little substitution trick with stories they like that are unconfirmed - the first day its "allegedly attacked by trump supporters" or 'reportedly' - then the next day thats gone and it's 'was attacked' even tho that was never confirmed. Then it becomes "trump supporters claiming 'this is maga country' attacked... " as if it's confirmed truth. And by that time the public forgets that this was alleged and there's no evidence of it.

And it's not like there weren't some obvious holes in the story. There were questions RIGHT away about what he said happened.

Honestly, every story is the same.

If the story fits their narrative:

At first the story ballyhooed loud and long and all the associations are made to the people and things that they hate, regardless of whether those associations are real or imagined. IT WAS MAGA RACISTS! MAGA RACISTS! The faces and backstory of victims is front and center. The victims were clearly victims of a hate crime, nothing is ever random. VICTIMS! HATE! VICTIMS OF HATE! HATE HATE HATE! They will get shills to come on their show and make their bogus allegations so that their own talking heads don't have to. Tey say things like gentle giant, bigger than Watergate, etc.

If the story goes against their narrative:

Minimize the coverage, DENY any association with people and things they love (eg, "the person who assassinated the cops didn't have "BLM" tattooed to his face so he obviously wasn't BLM hyuk hyuk", people who shout praises to Allah weren't muslims they were incels, etc), they don't put faces and backstories to the victims, they never equate HATE to the crime (go so far as to say "80-pedestrian car crash", or "poor baby Jussie just wanted attention"), only give victim status to the perpetrator complete with backstory, etc.

The guy who was involved in the "80-person car crash" was only out for two weeks (on $1K bail) after previously using that exact same vehicle as a weapon against his baby momma a few months earlier. He had already written and published a rap song about the Rittenhouse verdict, which came out about ten days earlier. But according to leftard media, shit like that "car crash" happens all the time after domestic disturbances lol. 

Their narratives can be so stupid that a normal person would fall off their chair after reading it, 100% of leftards will gobble it all up every time. Hence my signature below: 

If CNN gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters, leftists would believe everything they typed.

Alt-left news is a master-class in hateful, divisive propaganda. 

Edited by WestCanMan

On 4/20/2023 at 1:30 PM, CdnFox said:

Extreme success is always going to be the exception - even amonst those born with these 'privileges' you speak of. Most upper middle class people ALSO won't be billionares. 

That's beside the point. The point is that people are more likely to be successful based on their economic upbringing. Yes, most upper-class people won't be billionaires, but most upper-class people will remain in the upper-class, while most poor people will always be poor. If you want equality of opportunity, then you want poor people to have more opportunities which we could achieve through welfare programs like universal basic income.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:30 PM, CdnFox said:

I think they do

That's insane.

Rich people have connections with other rich people. Like the comic showed, a person born into wealth can easily get a job working for the rich people in their circle. The connections that poor people have are not ones that can give them good jobs. And that's not even getting into the roles that family, education, and health play.

In an effort to manufacture consent for capitalism, conservatives will sometimes say "I never got a job from a poor person!" And yeah, rich people are the ones who give people jobs. But this means if you grow up in those upper-class circles, you're more likely to know a rich person who will give you a job.

- i think if there's a problem it's more in convincing them of that, and perhaps a little education regarding the path, which i mentioned before. the opportunity is there -

Nobody is saying the opportunity isn't there. The left-wing argument is that your economic situation dictates how many opportunities you have.

There are opportunities in North Korea too. But there are MORE opportunities in the West. Likewise, there are opportunities if you're poor, but there are MORE if you're rich.

You contradict yourself. Is it based on location or wealth?

Both. Rich kids grow up with more opportunities than poor kids. However, a poor kid in a rich neighborhood has more opportunities than a poor kid in a ghetto. This is why the data shows that we can predict success based on a person's zip code.

So is it REALLY an opportunity issue? Or is it a cultural/education issue?

Educations is part of this. Like I said earlier, rich kids go to better schools and have more time to concentrate on education.

There are really so many factors here that have to do with economics. The people you know, your education, your health, all of these things affect your chance at success. Just the fact that your health growing up shapes your IQ alone should make us concerned.

Edited by Americana Antifa

23 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Not really, but even if that was true, the fact remains that they admitted they were wrong. Let me know when Fox admits that they were not only wrong, but knowingly lied, about the 2020 election.

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Not really, but even if that was true, the fact remains that they admitted they were wrong. Let me know when Fox admits that they were not only wrong, but knowingly lied, about the 2020 election.

You obviously have no clue how often you've been lied to, or to what extent.

The lies about M Brown alone were completely disqualifying for any media outlet. He was no gentle giant at all. There was video of him committing a violent robbery on day 1. 

The MSM and Dems cheered on the rioting, looting, arson, the assaults and even the cop-killings for months while they KNEW FOR A FACT that the gentle giant narrative was total bullshit.

Your own friends and peers committed acts of violence towards other humans and committed acts of domestic terrorism for an absolute fabrication by the Dems and their media muppets. I'll say that again just in case you missed it:

Your own friends and peers committed acts of violence towards other humans and committed acts of domestic terrorism for nothing more than an absolute fabrication by the Dems and their media muppets.

The Jussie Smollett hoax wasn't a separate issue. It was just another instance where the MSM went all-in on another attempt to divide Americans racially and politically. When will you learn? How many times can you be tricked into gettin' your CNN-inspired hate on?

That's beside the point.

It is the ENTIRE point. While a small percent of the population will ever be the 1 percent  (approximately 1 percent of them to be more specific) The fact that more of them are from low and middle class shows there's no particular advantage coming from a 'wealthy' family.

That's insane.

And yet true What a world eh?

Rich people have connections with other rich people. Like the comic showed, a person born into wealth can easily get a job working for the rich people in their circle. The connections that poor people have are not ones that can give them good jobs. And that's not even getting into the roles that family, education, and health play.d

The comic didn't "show" - the comic imagined.  However - at the end of the day the results show that isn't the determining factor for success. Yeah - it helps to know people but it's also a lot easier to get to know people than you might think.  And  connections get you 'good jobs' less effectively than you might think.

A poor person starting out and working their way up through middle management into mangement is going to meet all kinds of people who will help them advance.  But to be honest - its' their hard work and reputation that will jump out and propel them.  Cream tends to rise to the top.

In an effort to manufacture consent for capitalism, conservatives will sometimes say "I never got a job from a poor person!" And yeah, rich people are the ones who give people jobs. But this means if you grow up in those upper-class circles, you're more likely to know a rich person who will give you a job.

The rich person doesn't give you a job because he knows you. HE gives jobs to people who will make him MOAR rich. :)  Which means that a person's track record and performance is as good or better at creating advancement.

Nobody is saying the opportunity isn't there.

Yeaahhhhhh -  is that true tho? No one? That's not the point of most of these programs and such? That's not the point of saying poor people can't get ahead?  I'm not so sure about that.

The left-wing argument is that your economic situation dictates how many opportunities you have.

Well they're wrong. Like i said - drop me into an economically disadvantaged situation with what i know and area and i'll be upper middle class quick enough. And i mean as a 20 year old or the like, not with my current track record and resume to fall back on.

The difference if any isnt'  the poverty or fewer opportunities. It's the ability and desire to maximize those opportunities. And that's the MAIN difference between kids raised poor and ones raised rich.

There are opportunities in North Korea too.

No there isn't - who's hiring in north Korea? Don't be silly.

But there are MORE opportunities in the West. Likewise, there are opportunities if you're poor, but there are MORE if you're rich.

Less so than you'd think. In america you might argue that access to university would be harder for poor people but even there there are paths.

Both. Rich kids grow up with more opportunities than poor kids. However, a poor kid in a rich neighborhood has more opportunities than a poor kid in a ghetto. This is why the data shows that we can predict success based on a person's zip code.

The data doesn't really show that. Sorry.

And again - i would argue that the poor kid in the rich neighbourhood is going to be exposed to knowledge on how to take advantage of their opportunity more, and that's the main difference.

Educations is part of this. Like I said earlier, rich kids go to better schools and have more time to concentrate on education.

Thats not the education problem here.

There are really so many factors here that have to do with economics. The people you know, your education, your health, all of these things affect your chance at success. Just the fact that your health growing up shapes your IQ alone should make us concerned.

None of it is relevant to who will or will not succeed. The paths are there for the most part, EVERYONE  rich or poor has serious obstacles to overcome. But anyone with a little knowledge and a decent work ethic can achieve middle class no problem. Even upper middle class. If the poor people need anything its a shift in culture and learning how to maximize and recognize opportunity.  Don't get pregnant out of wedlock. get a job (any job) and establish your rep,  don't get involved in crime, chart a path.

The statisics show that the vast vast vast majority of people rich or poor who do that will achieve at least middle class or better.

The lies about M Brown alone were completely disqualifying for any media outlet. He was no gentle giant at all. There was video of him committing a violent robbery on day 1. 

The media wasn't saying he was a gentle giant. We all knew he was a criminal. The point is that he shouldn't have been murdered.

Same for George Floyd. No network was denying that the guy had a lot of issues. The point is that he was murdered by police.

The MSM and Dems cheered on the rioting, looting, arson, the assaults and even the cop-killings for months while they KNEW FOR A FACT that the gentle giant narrative was total bullshit.

The Democrats and most MSM condemned the rioting. You're repeating lies you heard on right-wing media.

Your own friends and peers committed acts of violence towards other humans and committed acts of domestic terrorism for an absolute fabrication by the Dems and their media muppets.

While I completely oppose rioting, it wasn't a fabrication. The cops completely abused their power, just like with George Floyd and Tyre Nichols.

The Jussie Smollett hoax wasn't a separate issue. It was just another instance where the MSM went all-in on another attempt to divide Americans racially and politically. When will you learn? How many times can you be tricked into gettin' your CNN-inspired hate on?

Even if you think that's what they were trying to do, the fact still remains that when it got out that Smollett was lying, all of the media reported on it. They didn't just ignore their mistakes like Fox does. They also didn't blatantly lie, like Fox does.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It is the ENTIRE point. While a small percent of the population will ever be the 1 percent  (approximately 1 percent of them to be more specific) The fact that more of them are from low and middle class shows there's no particular advantage coming from a 'wealthy' family.

That's not what the data shows. The vast majority of 1% rich people either inherited their wealth or were at least born into the upper-class.

The comic didn't "show" - the comic imagined.  However - at the end of the day the results show that isn't the determining factor for success. Yeah - it helps to know people but it's also a lot easier to get to know people than you might think.  And  connections get you 'good jobs' less effectively than you might think.

You keep going back to arguing that it's possible to be successful even if you're born into poverty, which I'm not arguing against. My point is that people have more or less advantages depending on the circumstances they're born into.

And everything the comic demonstrated is true. Rich kids can go to good schools and concentrate on their studies. They are less likely to go to crappy schools or need a part time job. This means rich kids have more advantages and thus more opportunities than poor kids.

Getting connections is extremely important. People are way more likely to hire their friend's kids then some random kids, even if the random kids are more qualified.

Yeaahhhhhh -  is that true tho? No one? That's not the point of most of these programs and such? That's not the point of saying poor people can't get ahead?  I'm not so sure about that.

No, it's about leveling the playing field. Everyone has opportunities for success no matter their circumstances. But if you believe in equality of opportunity, you want to reduce the classist inequalities.

Well they're wrong. Like i said - drop me into an economically disadvantaged situation with what i know and area and i'll be upper middle class quick enough. And i mean as a 20 year old or the like, not with my current track record and resume to fall back on.

Even if that was true, you would be the exception. If we want to know what role class actually plays, we need to look at rates. And we'd still have to acknowledge the reality of things like economics and IQ development, networking, and so on if we want to evaluate opportunities and class.

No there isn't - who's hiring in north Korea? Don't be silly.

Do you think there are no high paying jobs in North Korea? They have an upper-class there that, technically, anyone can make it into. However, people in western democracies have more opportunities. Likewise, anyone can make it in America, but if you're born into good economic circumstances, you have more opportunities.

If the poor people need anything its a shift in culture and learning how to maximize and recognize opportunity.

Oh, so they need a better education? Yes! I agree! And your economic circumstances affect what kind of education you're going to get growing up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

The media wasn't saying he was a gentle giant. We all knew he was a criminal.

That's absolute BS. CNN framed his as "the gentle giant", interviewed his school teacher and others to talk about what a lovely kid he was, talked about racist cops 24/7, talked about racist cops in that part of Missouri, and they ran with that narrative during the riots.  

It's normal for leftists to lie, but your complete whitewash of this story is just a prime example of who you are in general. 

That's not what the data shows. The vast majority of 1% rich people either inherited their wealth or were at least born into the upper-class.

I have already provided the data which says you're wrong.

So now you're just lying. the data is very clear - about 2/3 earned it themselves and came from poor to middle class backgrounds.

Remember what i taught you before kiddo - if you have to lie to make your point, it's not a very good point.

My point is that people have more or less advantages depending on the circumstances they're born into.

I know what your point is - your point is simply wrong.

With the one exception that successful people teach their kids how to be successful, which anyone can learn. And i've addressed that.

No, it's about leveling the playing field.

That's leftist talk for "take from one side to give to the other".  Wealth or opportunity distribution. THAT - is equality of outcome. NOT equality of opportunity. And that is not only wrong morally it's insanely destructive - it reduces wealth and success for EVERYBODY.

Even if that was true, you would be the exception.

No. I wouldn't. That's the point.  And in fact there's many many examples of peoples being forced to relocate with nothing in the way of wealth massive barriers such as language, no contacts or the like - ALL the things YOU SAY guarantee failure - and the majority do very well for themselves. I can give examples from my own family's history.

It is a left wing myth that poverty means you'll fail in the US.  Entirely.

Do you think there are no high paying jobs in North Korea? They have an upper-class there that, technically, anyone can make it into

that could not be less true. You are now officially an uneducated !diot.

On 4/22/2023 at 12:00 PM, WestCanMan said:

That's absolute BS. CNN framed his as "the gentle giant", interviewed his school teacher and others to talk about what a lovely kid he was, talked about racist cops 24/7, talked about racist cops in that part of Missouri, and they ran with that narrative during the riots.  

It's normal for leftists to lie, but your complete whitewash of this story is just a prime example of who you are in general. 

Look, I get that you wanted the media to only talk about him being a criminal. But he was obviously more than that, so they showed his human side too. They never denied he did bad things, they acknowledged his criminal history, but they also acknowledged that he was a human being who didn't deserve to be murdered by cops.

What this is really about is you being a boot-licker for police, so you don't like that people saw him as a person at all.