On the subject of Bud Lite

45 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So your argument is that i'm right but you aren't happy about it and want me to somehow still be a bad person.

Well there you go :)  

No, my argument is that you made a good point about numbers, but then your characterization of “typical libbies” is ironic given how allergic you tend to be about providing your own numbers and references.  

Nice projection again though.  ?

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I don't think I've ever seen a woman order a Bud Lite at a bar

The wife worked at the bar for years, Bud Lite in bottles. But most women customer didn't order beers at the bar. Just look at what they walk out of the Beer Store carrying, that's been one of the most popular.

So they tried and it didn't work. So what? Stupid reason to not buy a product that you like. Not like they're using child labour or testing it on rabbit's eyes. It's just marketing, some agency's not gonna be rehired.

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

No, my argument is that you made a good point about numbers, but then your characterization of “typical libbies” is ironic given how allergic you tend to be about providing your own numbers and references.

You didn't say anything about my position on numbers. You referred to echo chambers and partisanship.  :)

LOL - you realized you effed up again didn't you :) Now you're trying to change it :)   LOLOL

I don't know whats with your little "Fox-makes-us-cry" support group today but exflyer can't think his way out of a paper bag and i'm getting this low level crap from you.  I mean, you're never smart but you're usually not THIS stupid. I expect this out of eyeball and robosmith but at least you're a LITTLE entertaining.

Try and step it up :P

Edited by CdnFox

56 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You didn't say anything about my position on numbers. You referred to echo chambers and partisanship.  :)

I'm saying it's retarded for you of all people to criticize anyone, or any group, for their lack of empirical/academic evidence, when you're so allergic to providing your own when asked.  I'm still waiting for those estimates on food inflation, if you recall...

1 hour ago, herbie said:

So they tried and it didn't work. So what? Stupid reason to not buy a product that you like. Not like they're using child labour or testing it on rabbit's eyes. It's just marketing, some agency's not gonna be rehired.

Sure, it's stupid, but then I wouldn't say the folks buying/drinking Bud Lite in large quantities generally profile as exceptional academics, would you?

They tried something dumb, and it didn't work because it was dumb.  Whether or not the the backlash was intellectually sound isn't the point.  

I wouldn't link drinking that to their IQ, only their lack of taste. After all the best selling burger in N America's a Big Mac, and look at the sugary crap most people think is great Chinese Food.

Like I said, drink the p1sswater from Ann Hauser's bush?

Edited by herbie

19 hours ago, herbie said:

I wouldn't link drinking that to their IQ, only their lack of taste. After all the best selling burger in N America's a Big Mac, and look at the sugary crap most people think is great Chinese Food.

Like I said, drink the p1sswater from Ann Hauser's bush?

When I made my first trip to CA in 2007.. everyone told me that if I did one thing.. I had to go to In-n-out. So we went to one in Salinas, CA. It was good but nothing amazing. The fries are inedible if you do not consumer them almost immediately. There is one about 2 miles from my house in Sparks, NV. It has a line around the block every day it is open. Honestly.. it is not all that different from what you find at McD's or Burger King. 

• Confused 1

Once visiting Seattle in the 1970s I ordered a Coors. The bartender loudly said "A Coors?" and a half dozen customers piled in and yelled that it was a Union town and they drank Union beer.
Avoiding a punch up I pulled out my union card, told them I had no idea Coors was scab beer. All of them went 'Oh - he's a Canuck' and sat me down and bought me a jug. Don't remember, I think it was Rainier. Their TV ads were a motorcycle whizzing by and a voiceover RAINNN EEEER BEEER in those days.

I did find some damn good brews on the US West Coast, the weren't the major labels though. Weinhart or something like that? Haven't been to the US in 30 years...  but I will be visiting Hyder Alaska this summer, it's walking distance from my stepdaughter's home.

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

When I made my first trip to CA in 2007.. everyone told me that if I did one thing.. I had to go to In-n-out. So we went to one in Salinas, CA. It was good but nothing amazing.

Actually i was in LA about that time and went through the same thing - "MUST go to in-n-out",  good enough but nothing to get all that worked up about

When there was kneeling in the NFL, the conservatives were up in arms. They were boycotting the NFL and as a result... the NFL was going to die and cease operations. Well.. has the NFL died? No. Have ratings recovered? Yes. In stadium attendance has not but that is due to exorbitant prices. Have attended two NFL games and only did so because someone sold them on Craigslist for bargain basement prices ($40 and $55 respectively). I am a die hard sports fan but there is a zero percent chance that I am paying $300 to go to an NFL game. The point is that while In-Bev is hurting now.. people have short memories and this will blow over. 

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

... people have short memories and this will blow over. 

I am waiting to see how far the idea of 'boycotting' goes, myself.

"I don't like that you put a trans person on the can" and "I don't like Aunt Jemima on the box" are essentially morality and community identity questions.  Although I *still* find it weird that corporate brands are now THE forum for such discussions, I still follow the discussions.

If we have Colin Kaepernick on the Uncle Ben's box in a dress to sell in the cities and a guy in camo beating the sh*t out of a hippie on the Bud can to sell in the country then everybody is happy... and stupid.... right ?

Actual matters of morality and identity can be discussed and should be.  But one-sided discussions go nowhere.

4 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

When there was kneeling in the NFL, the conservatives were up in arms. They were boycotting the NFL and as a result... the NFL was going to die and cease operations. Well.. has the NFL died? No. Have ratings recovered? Yes. In stadium attendance has not but that is due to exorbitant prices. Have attended two NFL games and only did so because someone sold them on Craigslist for bargain basement prices ($40 and $55 respectively). I am a die hard sports fan but there is a zero percent chance that I am paying $300 to go to an NFL game. The point is that while In-Bev is hurting now.. people have short memories and this will blow over. 

That does not seem to be the case in inBev's situation. If anything it's getting worse and has spread to their other brands.

There is only one NFL. So people tend to go back to it once they cool off - but even then they've taken a serious hit costing hundreds of millions that they can't get back and they won't soon forget it.  They backed down pretty fast on the 'force players to wear gay pride' stuff you'll notice.

But in InBev's case there are other beers. And their damage seems to be permanent.  They may one day find a way to rebuild their brand but they slipped from number one to something like number 14 now, and that's  dozens of billions per year they're going to lose.