How Electric Cars Save The Planet

On 11/6/2023 at 9:44 AM, Boges said:

Lock yourself in your garage with the car running and see how good all that Carbon is for you. 

It's funny how you call other people stupid all while saying something so ridiculously stupid yourself. 

"Lock myself in a garage with the car running". Geez boy, is that the best that you can come back with? 

I am not that stupid, buffoon boy. Now you? You may be stupid enough to want to try it and see what happens. After all, you are one of those lefty liberals, right? So, go ahead and try it out and let me know as to how things turned out.

My suggestion to you is try not to stay in there too long. We may have to see your name in the death column of some newspaper one day. LOL.

Well, other people are pretty much calling me stupid just because i have a different opinion and points of view to their's.

And what makes you believe that anything i say here is ridiculous, stupid? Lots of things you say here appear to be quite stupid looking to me. ?

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:58 AM, taxme said:

I have to wonder as to how much it costs an EV owner to have to charge up their EV battery every day?

100 kwh to charge a Tesla from flat about $10.

Here, to drive 500km @ 10L/100km (300m @23.5mpg) $90-$110. And about 500g of CO2 emissions vs zero.
But of course you have one of those lifted F350 quad cab 4x4 diesels w duallies that can go 300 miles for $5 like all the people that drive one tell me. And 0 emissions if you don't use the rolling coal mod.

22 hours ago, herbie said:

100 kwh to charge a Tesla from flat about $10.

Here, to drive 500km @ 10L/100km (300m @23.5mpg) $90-$110. And about 500g of CO2 emissions vs zero.
But of course you have one of those lifted F350 quad cab 4x4 diesels w duallies that can go 300 miles for $5 like all the people that drive one tell me. And 0 emissions if you don't use the rolling coal mod.

The fossil fuels that are used to help charge up EV's is putting plenty of carbon in the air also. Are you that stunned to not know that? Hey, if there are people who like to drive big 4x4 trucks, i could care less. It's their dollars, and not mine, and i could care less as to how much carbon they put in the air. I doubt that it's not all that much carbon at all. Just how much carbon are EV'S putting out in the atmosphere as a result from charging their EV's using fossil fuels? 

Edited by taxme
  • Thanks 1

Come on taxme, everyone can afford a $150k electric truck. Makes for a great tool when you're workin with it on the job site all day.

Oh wait, maybe not...

;) 

oh yeah not too mention the electrical upgrade to your house, which won't even be possible if everyone had an ev, there's not enough power around.

Lots and lots of work to do, and things to build in order to switch to all ev's.

Will cost a shitload, plus the carbon cost incurred for the changover. Everything makes carbon. ;) 

Result: will only increase CO2, not lower it.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, taxme said:

The fossil fuels that are used to help charge up EV's is putting plenty of carbon in the air also.

Your location says Vancouver.  Are you aware that NONE of the power to charge up your EV comes from fossil fuels? The Burrard Thermal plant in Ioco's been shut down for decades.

44 minutes ago, taxme said:

i could care less as to how much carbon they put in the air

Obviously. So other than to be a strictly contrarian ass, what are you posting in this thread for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Come on taxme, everyone can afford a $150k electric truck. Makes for a great tool when you're workin with it on the job site all day.

Oh wait, maybe not...

;) 

oh yeah not too mention the electrical upgrade to your house, which won't even be possible if everyone had an ev, there's not enough power around.

Lots and lots of work to do, and things to build in order to switch to all ev's.

Will cost a shitload, plus the carbon cost incurred for the changover. Everything makes carbon. ;) 

Result: will only increase CO2, not lower it.

I have heard that the EV car industry is having problems trying to sell EV's these days. I think that the novelty is over, and those that bought an EV may regret it one day. Can you imagine as to how many EV chargers will be needed to keep an EV running. There would have to be millions of them installed everywhere in the city, at a huge cost, if and when we should go all EV. As much as the environmental whackos want all cars to be EV cars, i do not believe that will ever happen. 

Can you just imagine as to how much carbon will be emitted with hundreds of millions of EV cars all charging at one time? I can see the smoke stacks puffing away. LOL 

54 minutes ago, herbie said:

Your location says Vancouver.  Are you aware that NONE of the power to charge up your EV comes from fossil fuels? The Burrard Thermal plant in Ioco's been shut down for decades.

Obviously. So other than to be a strictly contrarian ass, what are you posting in this thread for?

Nope. I do not live in Vancouver. Are you not aware that fossil fuels are still being used to charge up EV's? Hello? 

I enjoy be a contrarian arse because it bothers you. I guess that you must think that no one should have a contrary opinion of, especially to your sometimes not so bright replies, thoughts and beliefs and opinons, right? 

Dumb question. I have the right to post anything i want to at anytime. So, I will ask you the same question. Why are you posting in this thread, bimbo? Just asking. LOL. 

On 11/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, taxme said:

"Lock myself in a garage with the car running". Geez boy, is that the best that you can come back with? 

I am not that stupid, buffoon boy. Now you? You may be stupid enough to want to try it and see what happens. After all, you are one of those lefty liberals, right? So, go ahead and try it out and let me know as to how things turned out.

My suggestion to you is try not to stay in there too long. We may have to see your name in the death column of some newspaper one day. LOL.

Well, other people are pretty much calling me stupid just because i have a different opinion and points of view to their's.

And what makes you believe that anything i say here is ridiculous, stupid? Lots of things you say here appear to be quite stupid looking to me. ?

You're the one that said "Carbon is Good."  

ICE vehicles don't just beltch out Carbon. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, taxme said:

The fossil fuels that are used to help charge up EV's is putting plenty of carbon in the air also. Are you that stunned to not know that? Hey, if there are people who like to drive big 4x4 trucks, i could care less. It's their dollars, and not mine, and i could care less as to how much carbon they put in the air. I doubt that it's not all that much carbon at all. Just how much carbon are EV'S putting out in the atmosphere as a result from charging their EV's using fossil fuels? 

Four provinces get their electricity from hydro and the largest province gets most of its from nuclear. No fossil fuels involved.

20 hours ago, taxme said:

You are dumber than i thought. ?

Who really gives a shit as to what else ICE vehicles beltches out. 

A lot of people give a shit. Today's vehicles put out a small fraction of pollutants that they did before emission controls started to come in during the late 60's. Air quality in cities has improved even though the number of vehicles on the road has nearly quadrupled since then.

Edited by Aristides

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

A lot of people give a shit. Today's vehicles put out a small fraction of pollutants that they did before emission controls started to come in during the late 60's. Air quality in cities has improved even though the number of vehicles on the road has nearly quadrupled since then.

Approx. 90% of the world is inhabited. The other 10% does no commit any real damage at all to the environment. That is all just propaganda bull shit that keeps coming from the climate change crazies. The elite globalist ilk could care less about climate change. They keep contributing to it. They like to preach what they do not practice. This climate change crisis is  just another covid like lie and bull shit. Stop falling for their bull shit. 

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Everyone who isn't a total a$$hole. Breathed in too much lead from car exhaust growing up? So much you forgot why they added pollution controls on cars FIFTY years ago?

Everyone like you that believes in all of this climate change crisis nonsense has been breathing in way too much car exhaust. Stop sitting in your car in your garage with the engine running before it kills you. Pollution controls were to end car exhaust pollution. So, why do they keep pushing this climate change crisis agenda all the time? MONEY. ?

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Everyone like you that believes in all of this climate change crisis nonsense has been breathing in way too much car exhaust. Stop sitting in your car in your garage with the engine running before it kills you. Pollution controls were to end car exhaust pollution. So, why do they keep pushing this climate change crisis agenda all the time? MONEY. ?

Poisons like NOx, CO, SO2, HC, Benzene and particulates have been drastically reduced by emission controls.

CO2 emissions are directly related to the amount of fuel burned regardless of how low other emission are.

You have a lot of opinions but lack basic knowledge.

Edited by Aristides

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

CO2 emissions are directly related to the amount of fuel burned

The fact you even had to state that wins the argument for the other guys, You musta been one of them nerds in Grade 9 that read Popular Science instead of Archie comix like the cool guys. They're not hearing nuthin you say.

So after looking at cars again, I see what I predicted years ago. They'd put the prices of regular ICE vehicles up so high the EVs will look like a bargain should any ever hit the car lots.

SO much so that with today's interest rates nothing is selling.

On 11/11/2023 at 3:39 PM, Aristides said:

Poisons like NOx, CO, SO2, HC, Benzene and particulates have been drastically reduced by emission controls.

CO2 emissions are directly related to the amount of fuel burned regardless of how low other emission are.

You have a lot of opinions but lack basic knowledge.

Hey, I am still alive from all of that carbon being deposited in the atmosphere. Basic knowledge tells me that carbon is good and it helps feed plants and trees which in turn produces oxygen. What else is there to know, stupid? ?

Why listen to an expert when you have a your own vague knowledge of a subject, eh?

Let's shoot down another myth EV haters perpetuate:
Electric vehicles work just fine in B.C.'s North

I'm noticing the number of YouTubes about EVs piling up on lots unsold and makers cutting production 'because no one is buying them. However I've only seen one BEV on a car lot in Prince George since the first ones were tolled out for sale. As I mentioned elsewhere, never saw a Chevy Volt on the BM dealer lot though the entire time of their production."
Read that article. Hundreds of them in PG. They sell 10x the market share in Canada as in the USA. Almost everyone with an EV had to go down to Vancouver to get one. Read what the man said 25c/L vs $1.70/L there ($2/L in Vancouver/Victoria and rarely -10C there). Even a few BEVs in the nearby town I live in - and we don't even have a charging station yet. So it takes 8 hours to charge at home, you're eating dinner, watching Netflix or sleeping in bed anyways.

On 11/13/2023 at 12:05 PM, taxme said:

Hey, I am still alive from all of that carbon being deposited in the atmosphere. Basic knowledge tells me that carbon is good and it helps feed plants and trees which in turn produces oxygen. What else is there to know, stupid? ?

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, not a poison. Yes plants need it to survive but we are pumping far too much into the atmosphere for them to process and deforestation is just making it worse. You need water to survive but you can also drown in it. You need a lot of things to survive that can kill you if you take too much. You just keep digging deeper.

Edited by Aristides

On 11/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, herbie said:

Why listen to an expert when you have a your own vague knowledge of a subject, eh?

Let's shoot down another myth EV haters perpetuate:
Electric vehicles work just fine in B.C.'s North

I'm noticing the number of YouTubes about EVs piling up on lots unsold and makers cutting production 'because no one is buying them. However I've only seen one BEV on a car lot in Prince George since the first ones were tolled out for sale. As I mentioned elsewhere, never saw a Chevy Volt on the BM dealer lot though the entire time of their production."
Read that article. Hundreds of them in PG. They sell 10x the market share in Canada as in the USA. Almost everyone with an EV had to go down to Vancouver to get one. Read what the man said 25c/L vs $1.70/L there ($2/L in Vancouver/Victoria and rarely -10C there). Even a few BEVs in the nearby town I live in - and we don't even have a charging station yet. So it takes 8 hours to charge at home, you're eating dinner, watching Netflix or sleeping in bed anyways.

A Chevy Volt is basically a plug in hybrid. Except for the fact it wasn't available in AWD it should work fine in the North.

There were a few around, those too purchased in the Lower Mainland.

Dealers here practice avoidance. No money to be ripped off under regular maintenance, fewer parts to gouge people for and EV owners are a talkative clique that spots their huge markups.
If you ask about ordering an EV, they'll quote you far more than MSRP and claim that's after the $7500 govt rebates.

That's the #1 reason why sales are down.

22 hours ago, Aristides said:

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, not a poison. Yes plants need it to survive but we are pumping far too much into the atmosphere for them to process and deforestation is just making it worse. You need water to survive but you can also drown in it. You need a lot of things to survive that can kill you if you take too much. You just keep digging deeper.

I once read that there are more plants and trees being created thanks to the amount of CO2 in the air. See, no problem here. Nope. It is you that keeps digging deeper and deeper. If you keep digging, you will soon find yourself in China. I can only hope that the dirt will fall back down behind you and leave you stuck in China where they create plenty of CO2. LOL.

45 minutes ago, taxme said:

I once read that there are more plants and trees being created thanks to the amount of CO2 in the air. See, no problem here. Nope. It is you that keeps digging deeper and deeper. If you keep digging, you will soon find yourself in China. I can only hope that the dirt will fall back down behind you and leave you stuck in China where they create plenty of CO2. LOL.

Plants can maintain the existing carbon cycle, a tree dies and rots and new growth absorbs the CO2. They can't absorb the millions of tons of CO2 that are being dumped into the atmosphere coming from burning carbon that has been stored in the earths crust for millions of years. We can't grow enough plants to do that. We are taking carbon that took millions of years to be stored in the earths crust and burning it in a matter of decades.  It ain't rocket science. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Haha 1