Transgender Issues

On 5/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, CdnFox said:

Yeah.  Well that's the main difference between the "average" left and the "average" right these days, the authoritarianism. The left NEEDS to control YOUR activities to match their ideology and is FURIOUS if anyone else tries to do that with another ideology. 

Radical authortarian right is no better, but the vast vast majority of right leaning people are more of a 'centrist-conservative-touch of libertarian thrown in.  They just want smaller gov't, less interference in their lives, fiscal responsibility. Like you say, the whole "leave me alone and i'll leave yo alone" mentality.

Yeah, I have been to China. I always ask people who want bigger government  if they have ever been to a country where this is the norm.

I have yet to meet one.

A lot of things look great on paper. 

Its why architect drawings are meaningless without engineering and physics behind them.

47 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

The fact you use memes vs debate, speaks for itself. 

You blocked me because I asked you to stop calling your opponent's groomers.

On 5/17/2023 at 2:04 PM, Perspektiv said:

I have yet to meet one.

You have never met anyone who wants bigger government and who has been to Europe China or any of the other countries with more government than canada?

I also think its disturbing, that pushing body modification and even therapy to people outside of a medical decorum not being denounced as dangerous. Especially if pushed onto kids.

All gay people I have known, knew they were gay from a young age. Different, the younger they were, and knowing they were gay the older they became.

Am asexual, and knew I didn't fit, from a young age.

I don't understand why we need theory to kids on this--this should be off limits. Teach kids to treat everyone the same.

1 minute ago, Perspektiv said:

I also think its disturbing, that pushing body modification and even therapy ...

Am asexual, and knew I didn't fit, from a young age.

I don't understand why we need theory to kids ...

Gasp, not therapy.

Anyone else perplexed by this post ?  Like maybe therapy and discussion would help LGBTQ+ like this poster?

On 5/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, CdnFox said:

They just want smaller gov't, less interference in their lives, fiscal responsibility. Like you say, the whole "leave me alone and i'll leave yo alone" mentality.

The way things should be, in my opinion. Big government is not what society needs. Especially so, when you consider the competence level that would get to dictate your life.

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

The fact you use memes vs debate, speaks for itself. The irony, is in attempting to mock me, have become a joke.

ROFLMAO - It has been pointed out many times by more than one person that  @Americana Antifa only posts memes when she knows she's got no argument and wants to put up something you can't really 'quote' and argue against :)  It's a sign you've broken her emotionally on the subject  :)

Her other "tell" is that  she will use popular leftist debate buzzwords like "Projection!!"  "Deflection!"  "GET BACK HERE WITH THOSE GOALPOSTS!!" ,   which are also signs she doesn't have a come back or argument, she just wants to blow off your criticism.

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

knows she's got no argument

When the entire post is personal, then I don't really pay attention. I find it sad, that some people truly view the other political party as enemies. My sister is highly liberal, my wife is highly conservative. I get along with both, even though political views are different.

I have never dismissed an entire political party. I don't even think the trans movement as a whole is wrong, as many are simply asking to exist.

I am pin point on my point--I think the extremists in these movements, are dangerous. The issue, is they have the loudest voice.

21 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

When the entire post is personal, then I don't really pay attention. I find it sad, that some people truly view the other political party as enemies. My sister is highly liberal, my wife is highly conservative. I get along with both, even though political views are different.

I have never dismissed an entire political party. I don't even think the trans movement as a whole is wrong, as many are simply asking to exist.

I am pin point on my point--I think the extremists in these movements, are dangerous. The issue, is they have the loudest voice.

I think in real life that's the way you want to go.  And i think most people think that way Not all by any stretch but most . On an internet forum tho i think you'll find it's a little like discussing sports :)

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And now, checking facts is the left controlling speech...

We're supposed to check facts aren't we?

Again - if it's one sided and there's repercussions then it's a form of control.

If all the fact checkers only 'fact check' negatively to the right and not the left then that's an issue. It wouldn't be an issue on it's own but "fact checking" tends to have consequence. Stories are flagged or taken down.  "Fact check" sources are taken as unbais authorities when in reality they are not giving people a false impression of the data.  People and businesses social media accounts may be suspended. Or they may be branded as 'suspect' by an org.  Look at how the cbc freaked out about being a 'gov't funded org'.

Again -you sound like you're being willfully ignorant of something everyone knows.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

if it's one sided and there's repercussions then it's a form of control.

Exactly. Biden doesn't have his every word fact checked. Trudeau.

So either he never lies, nor do no left leaning politicians, or this is a tactic to control speech on the right, demonize and play politics to voters that only "that side" will lie to you.

We won't. It also allows to dismiss anything stated by political opponents, and avoid the same microscope. 

No different than Trump's "fake news", as is equally disingenuous. Main reason there is so much distrust regarding the political establishment.

Reality, is that all politicians lie. "He does it more" is irrelevant. By default, all politicians should be fact checked, if this was about truth.

All politicians should be pressed during all interviews, if this was about truth. All pressers should be hostile, with aggressive press.

Find me a single Biden speech that is meticulously fact checked, and tell me this isn't about control.

Same goes with those who raise concerns over the trans movement.

Step outside the box you are ordered to stay in, and get fact checked into oblivion, pulled off shelves or to have your research questioned. 

When all else fails, just do the lazy thing and call it dangerous and transphobic without supporting your claim.

Throw in the tested "kids will die" to seal the deal. 

When people are afraid to state what a woman is, or whether a man can have a baby, you know your propaganda and control of speech is highly effective.

Here's a post for those on here like to post out of their asses and without forethought or reflection on themselves or what they're saying.

@Perspektiv

Before making a broad and contentious claim, take 15 seconds before you hit submit, open a new tab, and do a simple Google search.

That way you won't look like the intellectual equivalent of a crash test dummy hurtling through the windshield.

Edited by Michael Hardner

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry, it's not common knowledge that the left is in charge of facts or fact checking.

It is entirely common knowlege, frequently commented on, has been the subject of congressional hearings, it's kind of a big deal.

So it seems a little unlikely you haven't heard this issue being raised.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Here's a post for those on here like to post out of their asses and without forethought or reflection on themselves or what they're saying.

@Perspektiv

Before making a broad and contentious claim, take 15 seconds before you hit submit, open a new tab, and do a simple Google search.

That way you won't look like the intellectual equivalent of a crash test dummy hurtling through the windshield.

Ohhhhh the irony :)

Edited by CdnFox

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It is entirely common knowlege, frequently commented on, has been the subject of congressional hearings, it's kind of a big deal.

So it seems a little unlikely you haven't heard this issue being raised.

I've heard it being raised, just in the same way I've heard of the war on Christmas and so on but just because people say it doesn't mean it's true. Ie. "Knowledge"

Your postmate who was agreeing with you just challenged by the way that Biden speeches aren't fact checked the same.

Edited by Michael Hardner

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well then shut up and quit being intentionally obtuse. 

You're such a dishonest poster. And yet you're going to tell others to take 15 seconds to google things.

Ha.  You can be honest or dishonest.  

But back up your sh1t with a cite.  And don't get all huffy because your little buddy just shat himself...