George Santos is the new normal for the MAGA GOP

16 hours ago, robosmith said:

You don't UNDERSTAND the definition of "full employment," which occurred under Obama.

Definition of Full Employment Rate:

Full employment means EVERYBODY HAS A JOB.

Unemployment stats are compiled of people who file for unemployment. The Obama regime has a record of the HIGHEST number of people who have given up on looking for a job. Obama's employment numbers are the WORST since FDR.

4 hours ago, reason10 said:

Full employment means EVERYBODY HAS A JOB.

Unemployment stats are compiled of people who file for unemployment. The Obama regime has a record of the HIGHEST number of people who have given up on looking for a job. Obama's employment numbers are the WORST since FDR.

No, it doesn't. There are multiple definitions of "full employment" but NONE of them mean that "everybody has a job." There will never be a time when "everybody has a job." There is a certain amount of natural churn in even (and sometimes especially) in the healthiest labor markets. So full employment (whichever definition) usually lands around the 4-6% unemployment range.

But if you are ignorant of economic terms and want to use your layman's definition, fine, have at it. By your standard, Trump wins the booby prize, with general labor force participation well under Obama and the lowest lows in 40 years or so during the pandemic. Enjoy! FRED

image.thumb.png.9e835fef7c5cd101b89f2d13b2396480.png

Edited by Hodad
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hodad said:

No, it doesn't. There are multiple definitions of "full employment" but NONE of them mean that "everybody has a job." There will never be a time when "everybody has a job." There is a certain amount of natural churn in even (and sometimes especially) in the healthiest labor markets. So full employment (whichever definition) usually lands around the 4-6% unemployment range.

But if you are ignorant of economic terms and want to use your layman's definition, fine, have at it. By your standard, Trump wins the booby prize, with general labor force participation well under Obama and the lows lows in 40 years or so during the pandemic. Enjoy! FRED

image.thumb.png.9e835fef7c5cd101b89f2d13b2396480.png

WRONG.

Trump brought back manufacturing jobs that Democrats sent overseas.

14 hours ago, Nationalist said:

That's possible. It would be a bad decision, but it's possible. 

I do sympathize with the 20, but at some point ya gotta shit or get off the pot.

And maybe that applies to McCarthy too.

Here are their demands, apparently. Being the POS’ double-talking politicians they are, they are simultaneously opposed to and insistent on tagging one kind of spending with another:

Restore any member’s ability to make a “Motion to Vacate the Chair” and force a vote on removing the Speaker. Former Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), a founding Freedom Caucus member, helped propel former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) toward retirement by making a motion to vacate the chair in 2015.

Require at least 72 hours from release of final bill text before it gets a vote on the House floor.

Bar House GOP leadership and leadership-affiliated PACs from getting involved in primaries. The McCarthy-aligned Congressional Leadership Fund was active in many House primaries boosting McCarthy-friendly candidates in the 2022 cycle.

Increase the number of Freedom Caucus members in committee chairmanships and on the House Rules Committee.

Decline to raise debt ceiling without a plan to cap spending and balance the federal budget in 10 years.

Do not “return to the blind embrace of earmarks.” The practice of directing federal spending to a specific recipient or project was brought back in this Congress as “community project funding” after a decadelong ban. The House Republican Conference last month overwhelmingly voted against an internal proposal to ban the practice.

Use “must-pass” bills like the annual defense authorization bill and the farm bill as leverage to secure conservative priorities and “check the Biden administration.”

Create a “Church Committee”-style panel to target “weaponized government.” While McCarthy and House Republicans have promised extensive investigations into the Biden administration and alleged politicization of federal agencies, some, like Roy, think the plans do not go far enough

Edited by Rebound

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Suggestion: Do some research. Read what these 20 people are demanding and ask whether it’s rational for 20 people to dominate the entire US Congress like this.  Let us know what you think. 

I just said what I think. You replied to it. Let me know when you realize that.

In George Santos, the GOP gets the representative-elect it deserves

Sooner or later, the Republican Party’s devolution was bound to saddle GOP leaders with someone exactly like Rep.-elect George Santos of New York: a glib, successful candidate for high office who turns out to be pure fantasy with zero substance.

Santos, 34, who helped give Republicans their slim House majority by winning an open Long Island seat previously held by a Democrat, has admitted to “embellishing” his résumé and using a “poor choice of words” in touting his credentials. Those are understatements akin to calling the Amazon a creek or the Grand Canyon a ditch.

Santos’s carapace of lies is so elaborate and encompassing that it may suggest psychological issues we should hope he gets help in addressing. And there are serious legal questions about the source of $700,000 he reported lending to his campaign, with both local and federal prosecutors now said to be investigating.

But his idea of building a political career in the Republican Party on sharp-edged rhetoric and audacious lies was hardly original. Santos just took that routine further than his soon-to-be colleagues have done. We’ve had lots of metaphorical empty suits in Congress over the years. Now comes the emptiest yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Natural progression of MAGA devolution. ?

Your disease is contagious. 

14.png

Disease?

Is that the one that produced the best economy ever, secured the border and made the USA energy independent?

Or the one Fauci paid for?

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Disease?

Is that the one that produced the best economy ever, secured the border and made the USA energy independent?

Or the one Fauci paid for?

It is the one that you and Trump made fashionable: LYING (as depicted).

I posted a pic for you and you still didn't understand.

Just like you lied about Trump's economy which was never the best and destroyed by the pandemic.

20.png

The talented Mr. Santos: A congressman-elect’s unraveling web of deception

With echoes of the fabulist protagonist at the heart of “The Talented Mr. Ripley” book and movie, George Santos, 34, has spun an elaborate web of lies and deceptions about his identity and his past, according to acquaintances, public records, media reports and, in some cases, by his own admission. He also claims to have suddenly come into millions of dollars in wealth over the past 18 months, even as the financial data company Dun & Bradstreet estimated in July that his private family firm, the Devolder Organization, only had $43,688 in revenue.

He said he is part Black. He said he is the grandson of Holocaust survivors. He claimed he helped develop “carbon capture technology.” He claimed to have worked at companies that never employed him. He claimed to be a graduate of two universities, only to admit that he has no college degree at all. He even said his parents’ financial hardship forced him to leave the prestigious Horace Mann School in the Bronx “months” before he could graduate. But that claim and numerous others have either been shown to be false or lacking evidence by The Washington Post and other news organizations.

Even by the low standards for truth-telling in politics, the scope of Santos’s falsehoods has been breathtaking. It has surprised Democrats who researched him and missed so many details, as well as Republicans who vouched for him.

In June 2020, Santos wrote on Twitter that he is the “grandson of Holocaust refugees.” This month, Jewish Insider cast doubt on that claim, noting that the dates Santos cited for his grandparents departure from Belgium to Brazil do not line up, nor do immigration records support his version of his family’s history. The Republican Jewish Coalition, which featured Santos as part of its annual November conference in Las Vegas, denounced his false claims about his heritage and said that “he will not be welcome at any future RJC event.”

In March, Santos said in a podcast interview that he was “raised Catholic, born to a Jewish family — very, very confusing religious background.” Last week, he told the New York Post: “I never claimed to be Jewish.”

Even early parts of Santos’s life story were fabricated by him.

In an October 2020 interview, Santos recalled an allegedly painful childhood experience. He said of his parents: “They sent me to a good prep school — which was Horace Mann Prep in the Bronx. And in my senior year of prep school, unfortunately, my parents fell on hard times.” Santos went on to say that at the time, his family couldn’t “afford a $2,500 tuition” and “I left school [with] four months till graduation.”

After the school was contacted by The Post and provided with several variations of Santos’s name that he has used in public, Ed Adler, a spokesman for Horace Mann, wrote in an email: “George Santos or any of the aliases you [cite] never attended HM.”

In that same March podcast interview, Santos also said, “I’ve been to Moscow many times in my career.” He also referred to “carbon capture technology” as something “that I’ve helped develop and fundraised for in my career. I’ve had a very extensive role in gas and oil in this country.” Santos and his representatives have provided no proof of those claims.

Edited by robosmith
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It is the one that you and Trump made fashionable: LYING (as depicted).

I posted a pic for you and you still didn't understand.

Just like you lied about Trump's economy which was never the best and destroyed by the pandemic.

Ya...right...

@BeaverFever

As a general rule, the l-e-a-d-e-r of your entire party sets the tone for its "new normal", not one of the 453 members of Congress. Most people would just naturally understand that, but for some reason I have to mansplain that to you. 

In any event, it goes without saying, the general message of your thread is as false as it is stupid.

I'll give you an example of a lying leader just because I'm awesome:

There's a guy who leads the one of the two main federal parties in the US who is a congenital liar, and since he became the president there, his entire party, the MSM, the federal police force, and even the medical authorities there are lying at his astonishing pace now. 

His name is Joe Biden and he comes from an educated, white-collar family, but he famously plagiarized the speech of a British politician once, saying: "I'm the first university-educated member of my family (huge, material, bold-faced lie) and I come from a long line of coal miners (even bigger lie - there were zero coal miners in his family before and zero after him). He won that election anyways, causing the founding fathers to roll over in their graves. 

Incredibly, that mix of plagiarism and bold-face lies isn't even his biggest fiasco to date. That's because while he was the VP, and tasked with some big projects in China and Ukraine, his son tagged along on AF2 with an oversized wheelbarrow for carrying out diamonds and thousand dollar bills from those countries, and then Biden Sr told the media on several occasions that he had no idea what his son was doing over there. I don't know about you, but most people notice when their kid makes $10M plus in a short period of time...

Did he learn his lesson from telling all those lies? Not at all, because there was never any consequence - the media backs him to him to an extent that would make Xinhua blush.

For that reason, telling material, bold-face lies remains his go-to move to this day. He says things like "There's no inflation" after gas goes up by $1/gal, and then tells people that their "Thanksgiving dinner will only cost a dollar and change more to feed the whole family", and the MSM collectively stare at their navels in unison.

It's so bad here now that the lying is like white noise, and leftists just believe everything they see so that they don't have to take stock of how atrocious their party has become, but God forbid a small-time opposition member dips into the Biden playbook - he'll be flayed alive by Biden's media minions. "LYING IS TEMPORARILY BAD!!!!" 

On the Repolitics forum there were at least 3 separate threads started about that noob congressman's lies, and two of those threads were started by people who think that Biden only ever tells the truth. You have to see these people in action for yourself in order to fully comprehend the depth of their stupidity. It's why they're called "leftards".

Edited by WestCanMan

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

@BeaverFever

As a general rule, the l-e-a-d-e-r of your entire party sets the tone for its "new normal", not one of the 453 members of Congress. Most people would just naturally understand that, but for some reason I have to mansplain that to you. 

In any event, it goes without saying, the general message of your thread is as false as it is stupid.

There's a guy who leads the one of the two main federal parties in the US who is a congenital liar, and since he became the president there, his entire party, the MSM, the federal police force, and even the medical authorities there are lying at his astonishing pace now. 

His name is Joe Biden and he comes from an educated, white-collar family, but he famously plagiarized the speech of a British politician once, saying: "I'm the first university-educated member of my family (huge, material, bold-faced lie) and I come from a long line of coal miners (even bigger lie - there were zero coal miners in his family before and zero after him). He won that election anyways, causing the founding fathers to roll over in their graves. 

Incredibly, that mix of plagiarism and bold-face lies isn't even his biggest fiasco to date. That's because while he was the VP, and tasked with some big projects in China and Ukraine, his son tagged along on AF2 with an oversized wheelbarrow for carrying out diamonds and thousand dollar bills from those countries, and then Biden Sr told the media on several occasions that he had no idea what his son was doing over there. I don't know about you, but most people notice when their kid makes $10M plus in a short period of time...

Did he learn his lesson from telling all those lies? Not at all, because there was never any consequence - the media backs him to him to an extent that would make Xinhua blush.

For that reason, telling material, bold-face lies remains his go-to move to this day. He says things like "There's no inflation" after gas goes up by $1/gal, and then tells people that their "Thanksgiving dinner will only cost a dollar and change more to feed the whole family", and the MSM collectively stare at their navels in unison.

It's so bad here now that the lying is like white noise, and leftists just believe everything they see so that they don't have to take stock of how atrocious their party has become, but God forbid a small-time opposition member dips into the Biden playbook - he'll be flayed alive by Biden's media minions. "LYING IS TEMPORARILY BAD!!!!" 

On the Repolitics forum there were at least 3 separate threads started about that noob congressman's lies, and two of those threads were started by people who think that Biden only ever tells the truth. You have to see these people in action for yourself in order to fully comprehend the depth of their stupidity. It's why they're called "leftards".

Says ^the guy who makes EXCUSES for the 30,000+ documented LIES by Trump.

You call people here names because you have NO VALID EXCUSE for YOUR LIES.

You are divorced from reality and just cannot admit to yourself that you've been CONNED.

AKA, DELUSIONAL like your buddy West.

The difference between Trump and Biden is, Biden believes he is telling the truth, and Trump doesn't care about the truth because he is PATHOLOGICAL.

Of course I don't expect YOU to accept this because you believe you know better than TRUE EXPERTS due to YOUR DELUSIONS:

How President Trump's Lies Are Different From Other People's

I was right about Trump telling an especially big proportion of self-serving lies. Instead of telling twice as many self-serving lies as kind lies, he told 6.6 times as many. (His overall rate of lying was higher, too, as I discussed in the article.)

As it turned out, though, that was not the most interesting finding. As I read through Trump’s lies in the process of categorizing them, I realized I could not limit myself just to the categories of self-serving and kind lies. I had to add the category of cruel lies — lies that hurt or disparage or embarrass or belittle other people. In the research my colleagues and I did, we found that only 1 or 2 percent of all lies were cruel. That’s why I wasn’t going to bother with them when coding Trump’s lies.

Trump’s ways of lying also differed from the previous people I had studied in another way. His lies often served several purposes simultaneously (for example, sometimes they were both self-serving and cruel). In my previous research, it was easy to sort each lie into just one category. (I mention that because it is interesting, and also because it means that, for Trump, the percentages in each category will add up to more than 100 percent.)

Now let me tell you what I found when I tallied Trump’s cruel lies. Instead of adding up to 1 or 2 percent, as in my previous research, they accounted for 50 percent. When I first saw that number appear on my screen, I gasped. I knew, of course, that Trump likes to mock and denigrate other people (and countries and agencies), but I didn’t realize just how often he was doing that with his lies.

Trump's cruel lies must be why you make EXCUSES for them. ?

5 hours ago, reason10 said:

Any moe ron can create a chart. So far, you have not presented ANY credible  charts. 

Earth to Uneducated Blue STater: ANY IMBECILE CAN CREATE A CHART.

Yes, yes. We know. Anyone can make a chart or write letters or numbers so all information is untrustworthy.

I just like when you say it, reasserting your claim to the dumbest troll trophy. 

Meanwhile, those of us who form opinions and make decisions based on facts are laughing at just how stupid you are.

Edited by Hodad
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

@BeaverFever

No you don’t understand this thread. As usual. 

Nobody is saying lying George Santos changed the honest and honourable Republican Party into a party of liars. The OP states quite clearly that the Republican Party has degenerated so much thanks to shameless bald face liars from Trump to MTG that people like Santos are the new normal now. 

As fo Biden you seem to be mistaken that people worship him as a superman the same way you worship Trump and Tucker.   We don’t. We are adults who understand that Biden’s a politician and all politicians lie. We don’t have your juvenile need to worship at the feet of a GREAT AND MIGHTY INFALLIBLE SAVIOUR and unlike most Republicans we are mature enough to know such people don’t really exist. 

That said the lies a d dangerous false conspiracy beliefs of the MAGA leaders take things to levels never seen before and in ways that threaten society and democracy itself THE BIG LIE, the assault on the capitol, the Whitmer kidnapping plot and support Vladimir Putin are all clear examples… as are your lies and conspiracies to try and justify/minimize deny these things  

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Says ^the guy who makes EXCUSES for the 30,000+ documented LIES by Trump.

You're comparing "Was possibly wrong about the number of droplets that fell for 11 seconds out of 17 minutes" to "Hey stupid, prices are the same, you just think that gas is up by $1."

You're just not a smart guy and this topic is way over your head. 

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're comparing "Was possibly wrong about the number of droplets that fell for 11 seconds out of 17 minutes" to "Hey stupid, prices are the same, you just think that gas is up by $1."

You're just not a smart guy and this topic is way over your head. 

You're LYING. I never made that comparison.

But in reality, gas prices HERE are up <<$1/gal from before the pandemic.

Was $3.63 in 2019 and now ~ $3.99 so eat shit.

17 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

No you don’t understand this thread. As usual. 

I understand it perfectly, it's just hypocritical and stupid, as usual.

Nobody is saying lying George Santos changed the honest and honourable Republican Party into a party of liars. The OP states quite clearly that the Republican Party has degenerated so much thanks to shameless bald face liars from Trump to MTG that people like Santos are the new normal now. 

That's a cute, effective platitude for brainwashing leftards but it's also a lie, so it was guaranteed to be regurgitated by you at some point.

For starters, Trump wasn't even a liar by leftard standards. FYI being wrong about the number of people at Trump and Obama's respective inauguration ceremonies 1) wasn't a lie, he was just wrong and 2) he wasn't wrong in a meaningful way, it was quite trivial.

The only example of lying in that entire scenario was when the MSM and the Dems shrieked: "OMG THAT WAS A LIE! IT WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST LIES EVER!! NOW WE HAVE A LIAR IN THE WH!!! OMG SHE SAID 'ALTERNATIVE FACTS'! SHE ADMITTED TO LYING!!"

Kelly Anne Conway misspoke once in all her sessions in front of a mic and the MSM crucified her for it. She used "the only stat available to them at the time". She used "a stat that was reasonable to use, but one that was just not as accurate as the stat from the national parks board that came out much later". She never attempted to deceive anyone, the only attention to deceive was from CNN and MSM and you love it because you're a huge liar yourself.

An actual example of being wrong in a meaningful way is when Biden drone-striked a car that was occupied by an aid worker and some children and the WH initially said that it was a bunch of Al Qaeda operatives. "F-YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!! USA! USA! USA! DON'T F WITH 'MURICA MOTHER F's!!!!!!!"

If the truth came out in a day or two it still could have been passed off as "being drastically wrong", but it came out as a "rumour" almost two weeks later which was eventually verified. At some point, their official version of that little fiasco went from "being wrong" to "being a massive lie" because the emotion that's attached to a powerful event lingers even after its reality has changed into something completely different from what was initially believed. 

As fo Biden you seem to be mistaken that people worship him as a superman the same way you worship Trump and Tucker.   We don’t.

OMG of course you do. If leftards held Biden accountable AT ALL he never would have won a single election in the last 20 years. Gimme a break ffs.

Ironically you're calling out Tucker Carlson (mostly because it's your duty as an alt-leftist) while he's so far above the alt-left MSM clown car that they'd need the Hubble telescope to see his ass.

Tucker Carlson's show excoriated what'sisname from NY. When's the last time you saw MSNBC or CNN actually hold a leftard leader accountable? They just lie 24/7 about everything. They never slow down to take a breath. I'd love for you to find a 15-minute segment from Joy Reid's show or Rachel Maddow's show where they weren't mainly telling lies... Can you do that? I'll save you some time... don't bother trying. There is no such thing as 15-minutes of lie-free tv on those channels, ever. 

We are adults who understand that Biden’s a politician and all politicians lie.

Stop pretending like he just tells garden-variety lies. His lies are bold-faced and obvious, and he does it all the time while leftard media looks away. 

That said the lies a d dangerous false conspiracy beliefs of the MAGA leaders take things to levels never seen before and in ways that threaten society and democracy itself THE BIG LIE,

If you couldn't talk out of your ass you'd be a mute.

the assault on the capitol,

OMG, 4 HRS OF RIOTING THAT LEFTARDS ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT!!! IT'S ASTONISHING!

Aside from the Jan 6th mostly peaceful protest, the only other deadly riot that leftards care about was the Nazi bouncy castle massacre in Ottawa, am I right genius?

the Whitmer kidnapping plot

You gotta admit, it's pretty weird when a political party's lies get so big that they involve crimes by the FBI, just like the collusion investigation, or or lies by the FBI, like with the laptop story. 

FFS dude, a big GOP lie is when a Republican in a small-time race in NY State acts like every single Dem in NY State does on a regular basis, an average lie by the Dems in the 2010's-2023 involves actual crimes by the FBI or a state governor (Cuomo) which is helped along by the MSM.

DO you see the difference there? Something tells me don't (It's your minuscule IQ and your penchant for lying, if I'm being honest).  

and support Vladimir Putin are all clear examples…

I don't "support" Putin, I'm just saying that his war is every bit as legitimate as Kennedy's actions in 1962.

as are your lies and conspiracies to try and justify/minimize deny these things

If you ever caught me lying one singe time I'd never hear the end of it.