Canadian Children’s Activity Book Indoctrinates Kids into Euthanasia

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

By all means, go ahead.  Base your entire life on those texts if you want.  Just don't imagine for a moment that they apply to anyone else.

Unless, of course, they have made the same choice as you.

Are you so incredibly arrogant and ignorant of Canada’s cultural origins that you dismiss the basis of much of our legal code and common values, Mosaic law?

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

By all means, go ahead.  Base your entire life on those texts if you want.  Just don't imagine for a moment that they apply to anyone else.

Does anyone have any right to question or oppose the Holocaust?  Was that everyone's business or nobody else's business but the Nazis? 

Seems to me the principles taught in the Bible, as for example, the ten commandments are universal principles that apply to everyone.  If those principles apply to everyone then your reasoning is seriously flawed.

Edited by blackbird

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Are you so incredibly arrogant and ignorant of Canada’s cultural origins that you dismiss the basis of much of our legal code and common values, Mosaic law?

It sure looks like it.

11 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Your prerogative to kill yourself, but if the Canadian people are to have a hand in this killing at taxpayers’ expense, we have moved beyond healthcare into a very dubious interpretation of social service.  I don’t care what you think.  Medical ethicists and doctors have taken clear positions against active euthanasia for thousands of years.

I wonder if, instead of our morality “evolving”, we have simply applied our selfish disdain for inconvenience and expense to depression and pain rather than our best treatments and care.

Yes it is legal to kill yourself, but that doesn’t make it an act of virtue.  The slippery slope that was predicted and dismissed as misplaced fear:  “Elderly people and sick poor people would never be pressured to kill themselves.”Of course we know the subtle pressure that has been applied in families.  We read what has happened to military vets.

Hearing about MAID for the mentally ill and children, including babies, is dystopian and illustrates the supreme diabolical arrogance of the “medical practitioner” who promotes or signs off on such acts.

I never said it was a virtue.  It's simply a choice that some people find they have to make.  The virtue lies in making it easier for them to make it, without judging them using fairy tales as a guide.

If you find a slippery slope, deal with the slippery slope.  Don't take away my rights to deal with your slippery slope.

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

Does anyone have any right to question or oppose the Holocaust?  Was that everyone's business or nobody else's business but the Nazis? 

Seems to me the principles taught in the Bible, as for example, the ten commandments are universal principles that apply to everyone.  If those principles apply to everyone then your reasoning is seriously flawed.

I don't care who denies the Holocaust.  They just show themselves to be m0rons, more to be pitied than scolded.

EDIT>  Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly.  The idea that anyone would compare MAID to the Holocaust was so far into the domain of the hopelessly insane it flew right by me.  Please ignore my "denial" comment, above.

The Ten Commandments don't seem to apply to anyone.  They might as well be called the Ten Suggestions.

Don't kill?  Don't steal? Seems reasonable, and I'm sure we would have figured that out anyway.

Don't covet, have false idols or commit adultery.  Hahahahahahahahaha....

(We can't call a holocaust denier a m0ron?  When did that happen?)

Edited by bcsapper

The governments track record for making good decisions is not all that good. I do agree with some of the bill, that gives people the right to end their own lives based on medical reasons such as to much pain, or quality of life is only going to get worse, like terminal cancer etc...

But like everything the government touches seems to turn to Shi* in a hurray. for instance a women was granted permission becasue she she could not find an apartment nor afford one, that fit her medical needs. Which brings the question how much do we value life ?

Now they have included people with mental health issues, funny they can't, own a fire arm becasue they are not of sound mind, (we are afraid they might kill someone or themselves) but they are of sound mind if they decide to opt for medical assisted suicide. how does that make sense? Medical experts have said most mental illness can be treated, IE PTSD, Traumatic trauma with high success rates over time, and yet here we decided hey here is a short cut, strip off and lay on the table, we'll solve your problems right here and right now have you signed your organ donor card.....

How did that become normal ?

I've struggled with PTSD for a long while, and there was a time that i thought suicide was the best option, many of my comrades were doing the same thing seeing no way out, they took they own lives...and destroyed many more. Now all you have to do is fill out a form and everything will be done for you. When all i had to do was sit down with someone in the mental health field and talk...today i am grateful i was given that opportunity, to live and grow old with my family and my grand kids...  

What they did not think about was the people they left behind, their loved ones and how this would effect them, a son or daughter without a father or mother, the human aspect to it all. 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

It really doesn't, because there is no God, whether you believe it or not.

Wow!

I have news for you.

The Supernatural in the Natural

The universe is objectively unnatural; it is astonishingly supernatural!!

We have lived in this naturalistic world for so long that we forget that it is an unnatural world to begin with.  It is unnatural to get something from nothing.  It is unnatural to have a whole ocean of distinct, finely calibrated, subatomic particles materializing from nothing.  It is unnatural to have random and unrelated physical laws governing the universe from nothing.  It is even more intriguing for these laws of nature to be fine-tuned to sometimes one in a million million part to birth a life-permitting universe from nothing.  And it is even more mind-boggling for these laws of nature to be exquisitely fine-tuned to each other to sustain this universe from nothing.    unquote\

- from Darwin's Universe, From Nothing, By Nothing, For Nothing - Survival for Nothing by Yan T Wee  available on Amazon

Arguments for theism and against atheism

Watch this page

Anselm of Canterbury's version of the ontological argument appeared in his work Proslogium.

The majority of philosophers of religion, or those who have extensively studied the issue of the existence of God, are theists (72 percent).[1]

In relation to the debate between theism and atheism, theists often criticize atheism as being contrary to persuasive argument and have a number of arguments against atheism.

Within Christendom, the discipline of Christian apologetics has been developed. Christian apologetics is the defense of the Christian faith through logic/evidence based arguments. The word apologetics comes from the Greek word apologia (from Greek ἀπολογία), which means "speaking in defense".

Arguments for the existence of God include:

Teleological argument: The universe exhibits overwhelming evidence of deliberate, intelligent, purposeful design, which implies an intelligent designer. See also: Arguments against evolution and Origin of life

Evidential apologetics is an approach in Christian apologetics which emphasizes the use of evidence to demonstrate that God exists and that there is compelling evidence to support Christianity and the Bible. In addition, there are various arguments that atheists or other unbelievers weigh evidence improperly (see: Atheism and evidence).

Moral argument. Objective morality exists. Atheism lacks objective moral standards. Not possessing a coherent basis for morality, atheists are fundamentally incapable of having a coherent system of morality (See also: Atheism and morality and Atheist population and immorality and Atheism and hedonism and Atheist hypocrisy) .[2] Atheism leads to moral and cultural decline (see: Atheism and culture).

Cosmological argument: Every event in our universe necessarily has a cause. However, it is impossible that there should be an unending chain of causes going back. Therefore, there necessarily must be a cause distinct from the universe as we know it which is capable of causing all things and is itself uncaused. Atheism denies that that first cause is God. Christians point out that the question "Who created God" is an illogical question.[3] See also: Atheism and the origin of the universe

Historical arguments for the existence of God (subset of evidential apologetics). For example, arguments stemming from historical accounts such as Christian historical apologetics, Christian legal apologetics and archaeological evidence such as Bible archaeology

Bible prophecy

Atheism and presuppositional apologetics

Ontological argument

Atheism and irrationality - Atheism cannot account for the laws of logic, consciousness or human reason.

Atheism and the Problem of Evil (see also: Atheism and gratitude and Atheism and Hell)

Atheists lack a coherent and compelling ultimate basis for knowledge. See: Atheism and epistemology

Atheism is an unnecessarily limiting view of the world (see: Atheism is an unnecessarily limiting view of the world).

Common arguments against atheism

unquote

Arguments for theism and against atheism - Conservapedia

The following website explains why you should believe the Bible.  The KJV is 100% accurate and based on the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts.

Why should I believe the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

The Bible begins with the assumption that God is.  It does not attempt to try to prove the existence of God because it is inspired by God himself.  Since God is omnipotent (all powerful), he has no reason to try to convince man that he exists.  He created mankind.  Why would the Creator have to get down and beg for anyone to believe he is God and exists?  It simply would not make sense.  No, the Bible simply states he is and goes on from there.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

EDIT>  Sorry, I didn't read your post correctly.  The idea that anyone would compare MAID to the Holocaust was so far into the domain of the hopelessly insane it flew right by me.  Please ignore my "denial" comment, above.

If according to you there is no God, what is your standard or basis for determining right or wrong?

By what standard or reference do you come to the conclusion that individual choice to commit suicide or doctor-assisted suicide is moral or right?  By what or whose authority would MAID be right or moral?  

Would it be right for some medical professional or relative or friend to suggest to someone who is mentally-challenged they have the option of MAID?

WOW, for a religious guy , that is the best explanation you could come up with. 

One could say the same thing about Santa Claus, he has no reason to convince anyone he is real, to do so would not make sense, the Stories of Santa simply state he is real and goes on from there. And yet not many can claim to have seen him or his reindeer

There are lots of reasons to question is there a God, let me ask a few , Why is there a need for WAR, Starvation, murder, the list goes on why did he make us so evil, or capable of doing veil things to each other. He created us then left us to our own devices...sounds like some big experiment. Want to convince someone God is real then answer the hard questions...

Don't get me wrong i believe in God, i have prayed to the man many times, mostly in times of need.  

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Wow!

I have news for you.

The Supernatural in the Natural

The universe is objectively unnatural; it is astonishingly supernatural!!

We have lived in this naturalistic world for so long that we forget that it is an unnatural world to begin with.  It is unnatural to get something from nothing.  It is unnatural to have a whole ocean of distinct, finely calibrated, subatomic particles materializing from nothing.  It is unnatural to have random and unrelated physical laws governing the universe from nothing.  It is even more intriguing for these laws of nature to be fine-tuned to sometimes one in a million million part to birth a life-permitting universe from nothing.  And it is even more mind-boggling for these laws of nature to be exquisitely fine-tuned to each other to sustain this universe from nothing.    unquote\

- from Darwin's Universe, From Nothing, By Nothing, For Nothing - Survival for Nothing by Yan T Wee  available on Amazon

Arguments for theism and against atheism

Watch this page

Anselm of Canterbury's version of the ontological argument appeared in his work Proslogium.

The majority of philosophers of religion, or those who have extensively studied the issue of the existence of God, are theists (72 percent).[1]

In relation to the debate between theism and atheism, theists often criticize atheism as being contrary to persuasive argument and have a number of arguments against atheism.

Within Christendom, the discipline of Christian apologetics has been developed. Christian apologetics is the defense of the Christian faith through logic/evidence based arguments. The word apologetics comes from the Greek word apologia (from Greek ἀπολογία), which means "speaking in defense".

Arguments for the existence of God include:

Teleological argument: The universe exhibits overwhelming evidence of deliberate, intelligent, purposeful design, which implies an intelligent designer. See also: Arguments against evolution and Origin of life

Evidential apologetics is an approach in Christian apologetics which emphasizes the use of evidence to demonstrate that God exists and that there is compelling evidence to support Christianity and the Bible. In addition, there are various arguments that atheists or other unbelievers weigh evidence improperly (see: Atheism and evidence).

Moral argument. Objective morality exists. Atheism lacks objective moral standards. Not possessing a coherent basis for morality, atheists are fundamentally incapable of having a coherent system of morality (See also: Atheism and morality and Atheist population and immorality and Atheism and hedonism and Atheist hypocrisy) .[2] Atheism leads to moral and cultural decline (see: Atheism and culture).

Cosmological argument: Every event in our universe necessarily has a cause. However, it is impossible that there should be an unending chain of causes going back. Therefore, there necessarily must be a cause distinct from the universe as we know it which is capable of causing all things and is itself uncaused. Atheism denies that that first cause is God. Christians point out that the question "Who created God" is an illogical question.[3] See also: Atheism and the origin of the universe

Historical arguments for the existence of God (subset of evidential apologetics). For example, arguments stemming from historical accounts such as Christian historical apologetics, Christian legal apologetics and archaeological evidence such as Bible archaeology

Bible prophecy

Atheism and presuppositional apologetics

Ontological argument

Atheism and irrationality - Atheism cannot account for the laws of logic, consciousness or human reason.

Atheism and the Problem of Evil (see also: Atheism and gratitude and Atheism and Hell)

Atheists lack a coherent and compelling ultimate basis for knowledge. See: Atheism and epistemology

Atheism is an unnecessarily limiting view of the world (see: Atheism is an unnecessarily limiting view of the world).

Common arguments against atheism

unquote

Arguments for theism and against atheism - Conservapedia

The following website explains why you should believe the Bible.  The KJV is 100% accurate and based on the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts.

Why should I believe the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

The Bible begins with the assumption that God is.  It does not attempt to try to prove the existence of God because it is inspired by God himself.  Since God is omnipotent (all powerful), he has no reason to try to convince man that he exists.  He created mankind.  Why would the Creator have to get down and beg for anyone to believe he is God and exists?  It simply would not make sense.  No, the Bible simply states he is and goes on from there.

Please don't do this anymore, in replies to me.  I have nothing against you and I don't want to see you wasting your time.  I am an atheist who will no more read your "proof" that God exists than you would read my "proof" that God does not.  If I were to attempt to put that in a post.

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Please don't do this anymore, in replies to me.  I have nothing against you and I don't want to see you wasting your time.  I am an atheist who will no more read your "proof" that God exists than you would read my "proof" that God does not.  If I were to attempt to put that in a post.

That is your choice.  This happens to be a forum where we reply to comments.  My reply to you contains detailed information why your claim is wrong.   If you can't bear to read it or choose not to for some reason, that is your choice.  Maybe someone else will get something out of it.  The forum is more than a discussion between two people.  Others read and reply to comments often. 

Even famous atheists like Richard Dawkins engage in public debate with theists.

If you are not afraid you can watch their debate on youtube:

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That is your choice.  This happens to be a forum where we reply to comments.  My reply to you contains detailed information why your claim is wrong.   If you can't bear to read it or choose not to for some reason, that is your choice.  Maybe someone else will get something out of it.  The forum is more than a discussion between two people.  Others read and reply to comments often.  

Oh, absolutely!  I thought I was doing you a favour by saving you some time, but in the end, your time is your own to do with as you see fit.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

WOW, for a religious guy , that is the best explanation you could come up with. 

One could say the same thing about Santa Claus, he has no reason to convince anyone he is real, to do so would not make sense, the Stories of Santa simply state he is real and goes on from there. And yet not many can claim to have seen him or his reindeer

There are lots of reasons to question is there a God, let me ask a few , Why is there a need for WAR, Starvation, murder, the list goes on why did he make us so evil, or capable of doing veil things to each other. He created us then left us to our own devices...sounds like some big experiment. Want to convince someone God is real then answer the hard questions...

Don't get me wrong i believe in God, i have prayed to the man many times, mostly in times of need.  

I gave quite a long reply about 1 hour ago.  Did you read it or miss it?   Then I asked a question about what his standard is for right and wrong.  But the long post an hour ago certainly does contain a lot of information.   I am not sure what your allusion to Santa Claus is for.  I said far more than simply stating God is real in the above post.  You must have missed it.  Check again.

It is ironic.  BC Sapper said I said too much and you said I said too little.  Figure that one out.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

If according to you there is no God, what is your standard or basis for determining right or wrong?

By what standard or reference do you come to the conclusion that individual choice to commit suicide or doctor-assisted suicide is moral or right?  By what or whose authority would MAID be right or moral?  

Would it be right for some medical professional or relative or friend to suggest to someone who is mentally-challenged they have the option of MAID?

God (your God?) is no standard.  He says killing people is wrong.  It is sometimes, and we figured that out without him. 

He says homosexuality is wrong.  It obviously isn't. 

He says eating pork is wrong?  Is that correct?  I'm not much of a bible reader.

Edit>  To your last question, I am not qualified to assess the request of a mentally-challenged person.  I would defer to the medical professional.  In the case of a relative or friend making the suggestion, well, that's what relatives and friends are for, to help out. I would hope the next step would be the medical professional.

Edited by bcsapper

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

God (your God?) is no standard.  He says killing people is wrong.  It is sometimes, and we figured that out without him. 

He says homosexuality is wrong.  It obviously isn't. 

He says eating pork is wrong?  Is that correct?  I'm not much of a bible reader.

Yes, God says killing is wrong (with certain exceptions such as capital punishment for murder by lawful authorities, defence in war, police enforcing the law).

The rest of it requires Biblical knowledge, which can be Googled to find the answers. There may have been a prohibition to eat pork in the Old Testament for Israel several thousand years ago.  But there is no prohibition for Christians.  Some religions forbid pork but not Christians or correct interpretation of the Bible from a Christian perspective.

Edited by blackbird

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That standard comes from Judeo-Christian civilization down through the ages.  You were probably taught it was wrong because that was handed down through the ages.  Could well have come from God and the ten commandments.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, God says killing is wrong (with certain exceptions such as capital punishment for murder by lawful authorities, defence in war, police enforcing the law).

The rest of it requires Biblical knowledge, which can be Googled to find the answers. There may have been a prohibition to eat pork in the Old Testament for Israel several thousand years ago.  But there is no prohibition for Christians.  Some religions forbid pork but not Christians or correct interpretation of the Bible from a Christian perspective.

That's a lot of killing!  Was it just the size of the tablets, or was it just to much trouble to put "unless..."  in there somwhere?

I'm really not versed in the testaments.  Do Christians not believe the Old Testament?  Isn't that where the whole creation thing was?

21 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Oh, absolutely!  I thought I was doing you a favour by saving you some time, but in the end, your time is your own to do with as you see fit.

People paid to watch "the God Delusion" debate between Richard Dawkins and John Lennox.  You can watch it for free on youtube at the link I gave above.  

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

That's a lot of killing!  Was it just the size of the tablets, or was it just to much trouble to put "unless..."  in there somwhere?

I'm really not versed in the testaments.  Do Christians not believe the Old Testament?  Isn't that where the whole creation thing was?

What killing are you referring to?  I don't understand your question about tablets.

Now you are asking a technical question about the Old Testament.  Yes, they believe in the O.T.  But it also has history of Israel in it and commands that were directed only to Israel.  The school of theological interpretation I believe is called dispensational which means the Bible is divided up into different time periods or dispensations.  That period in the Old Testament is called the dispensation of the law.  Today we live in a different dispensation called the dispensation of grace which began 2,000 years ago when the church began.  The instructions in the Old Testament that are not universal and were only meant for the Jews at that time, do not apply in the age we live today.  Some commands such as the ten commandment are universal for all ages.  With the exception of the sabbath law which only applied to the Jews in the dispensation of the law (O.T. times).

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

That is a good question and one of the most asked questions.

I found this explanation quite useful:

Q:

Why does God allow suffering in the world?

A:

There are no easy answers to the question of the purpose of suffering and evil. The tendency is to blame God for these conditions, but He did not create them. They came as a result of man’s disobedience to God, beginning back in the Garden of Eden; see Genesis 3:16-19.

Often suffering and adversity are brought about by disregard of God’s will or by the direct efforts of Satan or by natural disasters in a physical world which is also affected by man’s sin and the resulting judgment. God, however, has offered the most effective solution possible by giving His Son to die for all.

Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price when He suffered and died on the cross, having taken upon Himself the sin of the world and all of its horrible consequences. When Jesus returns in power and glory, there will be a new world completely free from sin with its sorrow and suffering (Revelation, chapters 21 and 22).

We can be sure that God in His divine purpose desires to bring about in us the greatest good and to allow suffering to be a means of discipline to cultivate love, patience, grace, and faith in our lives. God never asks us to understand; we need only trust Him in the same way that we expect our earthly children to trust our love.

Peace comes when we realize we are able to see only a few threads in the great tapestry of life and of God’s plan. Then we can affirm with great joy and assurance that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).

The way we react to suffering will determine whether life’s most tragic experiences bring bitterness and despair or become sources of blessing. The greatest joy will come when, in the midst of adversity, we look up into God’s face and say, “I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation” (Habakkuk 3:18).

It is then that His promise will be most meaningful, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze” (Isaiah 43:2).      unquote

Why does God allow suffering in the world? (billygraham.org)

There are many websites which attempt to answer that from a biblical standpoint.  A search engine can find them.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Why is there a need for WAR, Starvation, murder, the list goes on why did he make us so evil, or capable of doing veil things to each other. He created us then left us to our own devices...sounds like some big experiment. Want to convince someone God is real then answer the hard questions...

"1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked;"

Genesis ch3: 1 - 7 KJV  Bible (King James)/Genesis - Wikisource, the free online library

The very basic reason why there are wars, starvation, murders, crime, sickness, disease, imperfections in everything is because of the fall of man as described in these verses in Genesis chapter three.  As Adam and Eve were our first parents, they were the representative heads of the human race and when they rebelled against God, they fell from a perfect relationship with God and the whole world became fallen and corrupt.  If you search the fall of man I am sure you can find many articles that go into this in detail.

Edited by blackbird

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Sorry, but not a fan of a god who gave my high school sweetheart and bride of almost 53 years inoperable brain cancer. He can stick his "plan" where the sun don't shine.

Sorry to hear that.  I know it is hard to understand and I doubt if anyone on here could give a clear explanation about that because it is a very painful tragedy.  But it was not God's fault and I don't think God was singling you or your loved ones out.  God is a God of love and there is far more to it than I can say on here.  He sent his Son to suffer and die a brutal death for everyone.  All I can suggest is study the Bible and search for Christian articles on why suffering takes places in the world.  Maybe talk to a Christian minister who is knowledgeable on the subject.  Sorry I can't be of much help on that.

Edited by blackbird